Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

I came to this website with a feeling that Strange Bedfellows updated, and I can't believe I was right.

I've missed this story so much. I'm loving the time Darcy and Elizabeth have together. I can't wait for more. I hope that they will grow more open to one another.

Poor Jamie and Malvina! And for her to be pregnant and sick too.

Loving the drama in this series, but hoping for a quick update!!

Thank you for the great story!

Perhaps the real love of Lord Gregory's life was Darcy. (Go back to all the earlier innuendos just roiling beneath the surface about homosexuality). And are we ever to find out Wickham's dastardly deed?

A particularly lovely chapter. I thought once the consummation of D and E happened, it would be over. But apparently, there can be more than one consummation. Thank Heavens!

Just want to give a big thank you to Renee for supporting this story! Since HG is no longer around, if Renee didn't keep up this website we wouldn't have Strange Bedfellows!

Thank you Renee, also for supporting other authors I love as well!

Tanya – I love reading how the love between Elizabeth & Darcy has developed. But I hope Elizabeth does not misunderstand Darcy’s reticence regarding Jamie’s situation. Will he call Fitzwilliam back to town to aid with the investigation? The mystery man must be Wickham!

Tanya, I insist that if you are to leave us with this horrible news that you return asap with another post and a more cheerful outcome!

Smooches!

I thought things were winding down. I thought maybe Wickham really did die in the fire because I thought once D&E were physically together it was done.

I'm glad that my original thought that Wicky was still off doing his dastardly things was correct only because that means this lovely story has more to entertain us with.

I was so afraid that Lizzy was going to go balistic when she found out that the ring Darcy gave her brother is the reason he is tied to this case of Treason. Is all I can hope is that the Indian man who related the tale will say it isn't Jamie once he sees him.

More soon please
Geri

I can't breath, I can't breath! It's such an exciting chapter filled with everything! Thank you Tanya! I love this story so much and every time it's updated I know I would not be disappointed :)

What a fab chapter!!!

I can't believe it! That was a fabulous chapter ending. I look forward to seeing how the story gets fixed....it will be fixed, won't it?

Lanie
Just want to give a big thank you to Renee for supporting this story! Since HG is no longer around, if Renee didn't keep up this website we wouldn't have Strange Bedfellows!

Thank you Renee, also for supporting other authors I love as well!

Thank you, Lanie! My pleasure.

A fascinating and deeply disturbing development. After all this time, and so far from the events, how is Jamie to convince anyone of his innocence?
I wonder if Fitzwilliam's contacts will help.

Both Darcy and Malvina seem to feel Elizabeth is emotionally immature. This is a bit disconcerting. Perhaps her expectations are unrealistic, but she has matured greatly in her years away from Pemberley.

This story continues to fascinate.
Thank you,
JulietR

Wow, this story continues to be the best in JAFF. Excellent!! Although I have taken the opportunity to read it plenty here online, I hope the author will follow the trend into offline publishing because I would love to have this as an old-fashioned printed book in my hands.

This chapter particularly feels like we are starting a new story but with the rich knowledge of all that has gone before--the relationships, the comings-together, the regrets. I like the way Tanya seems to lead us one way but takes us someplace different--example, I was sure that Caroline's wedding would be a farce and the lady would once again live up to (down to?) her miserable reputation and behavior so far displayed. I love the way that that subplot is underplayed here, and I love the way we can luxuriate in the love affair that is Will and Lizzy, with echoes of Elizabeth's brother and his wife enjoying the same kind of happy marriage.

It all seemed liked fun and games until--with nary a hint of ominous music or gray skies, everything becomes quite serious. Their wonderful life, well, at least, Bennet's family, is threatened. No way that Darcy and Elizabeth can just walk away from that, right? Well, maybe--suppose Darcy says, it's their problem?

Elizabeth began to cry in great, weak, desperate gulps, and her husband, though he held her, said nothing to reassure her.

The moment reminds me of Elizabeth at her most dispairing after reading Jane's letter--she never dared hope Darcy would stick around once Lydia eloped with his worst enemy. I wonder what Darcy will do here?

What a great treat to read this wonderful post when the snow won't stop!!! I'm so hopeful D&E have come far enough in their relationship to not have this new development wreak havoc. So many secrets still to be revealed..write on, Tanya!! As fast as may be!!!

Many thanks

Thank you Tanya for another wonderful instalment.
It feels as if my birthday has come around for a second time this year.
Your story is so heartwarming and well written I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lacy

It all seemed liked fun and games until--with nary a hint of ominous music or gray skies, everything becomes quite serious. Their wonderful life, well, at least, Bennet's family, is threatened. No way that Darcy and Elizabeth can just walk away from that, right? Well, maybe--suppose Darcy says, it's their problem?

Elizabeth began to cry in great, weak, desperate gulps, and her husband, though he held her, said nothing to reassure her.

The moment reminds me of Elizabeth at her most dispairing after reading Jane's letter--she never dared hope Darcy would stick around once Lydia eloped with his worst enemy. I wonder what Darcy will do here?

I wanted to cry when I read the last part of the chapter! my jamie trapped by that scumbag T_T
and what's worse, everybody thinks he's dead, how long will it take them to understand who's behind all this?
and about Darcy's reaction, I say he will act to protect Jamie, firstly, probably, thinking only about his own reputation, after all they are brothers now, he won't stand see his family tainted this way. But I'm hoping in the process they will become friends again? *_*
and above all, I hope to have my wish come true: tell me they will beat W ass!!!!

Yea! A new post, and long too! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

What a rare a treat! Yet another exciting chapter!

Thank you,

Sue

Lacy
Wow, this story continues to be the best in JAFF. Excellent!! Although I have taken the opportunity to read it plenty here online, I hope the author will follow the trend into offline publishing because I would love to have this as an old-fashioned printed book in my hands.

This chapter particularly feels like we are starting a new story but with the rich knowledge of all that has gone before--the relationships, the comings-together, the regrets. I like the way Tanya seems to lead us one way but takes us someplace different--example, I was sure that Caroline's wedding would be a farce and the lady would once again live up to (down to?) her miserable reputation and behavior so far displayed. I love the way that that subplot is underplayed here, and I love the way we can luxuriate in the love affair that is Will and Lizzy, with echoes of Elizabeth's brother and his wife enjoying the same kind of happy marriage.

It all seemed liked fun and games until--with nary a hint of ominous music or gray skies, everything becomes quite serious. Their wonderful life, well, at least, Bennet's family, is threatened.

I agree. Keep up the excellent work, Tanya! You are the best. I can't wait for the next chapter - and it most certainly will be a wait . But please don't let it be too long!

Many thanks to Renée for continuing to host these stories. We are all grateful.

I am so sorry that it took me so long to find this story. No wonder with so many other stories posted in here.

I think I love this one best too!!

I did not have the time to finish reading it all..I will try to catch up. I too wish for no more misunderstandings between E & D. Even though Elizabeth feelings have not been spoken I am sure they are unchanged.

Elizabeth
I am so sorry that it took me so long to find this story. No wonder with so many other stories posted in here.

I think I love this one best too!!

I did not have the time to finish reading it all..I will try to catch up. I too wish for no more misunderstandings between E & D. Even though Elizabeth feelings have not been spoken I am sure they are unchanged.

I really had to laugh when I read this note. Don't worry about time to finish reading it all... You'll have plenty of time to catch up before the next chapter, I am willing to wager--and like Darcy, I only wager on sure things.

I love this story and find I have time to memorize it while waiting for the next chapter--not that I am complaining. I would love if the chapters came faster, but I will take them however they come, with great gratitude for such lovely work.

Tanya I so would like another chapter.

Hey everyone, I've been reading Strangebedfellows again, and I'm at the part where they are at Lord Gregory's party. I was wondering if any of you know what the "exceedingly stupid" thing that Darcy said he did while they were dancing.

I always wondered what he was talking about, and I wonder if anyone knows if that was ever revealed.

If not, what do you think he meant?

I've always thought he meant the "exceedingly stupid" thing was falling in love with Elizabeth.
I dunno, that is always the impression I got. Anybody else have an opinion?

I never thought of that! I always thought of it as something negative. But I like the idea that it could be something positive.

I think the stupid thing Darcy refers to is his taking only the first two dances on her card and then being forced to watch her dance with man after man.

"Mrs. Darcy," he murmured. He was still holding her hand, their fingers tightly twined. There was turmoil in his eyes. "I am afraid I might have done something exceedingly stupid."

She only opened her mouth to ask him what it was; but at that moment, her next partner materialized at her side, quite anxious for her company. Elizabeth felt like hitting the unfortunate man over the head with something heavy. She almost wished that Darcy should refuse to give her up. But he only smiled at her and dropped her hand.

"I shall see you later, madam."

With that, he disappeared into the crowd.

It's in Chapter 21. She finds him and gives him his birthday gift shortly after. And when she asks what was the stupid thing later when they are in bed, he demurs from answering the question. I think at that point he is thinking he has fallen in love with her but earlier I think it was the dance card thing.

Could be wrong, of course. Only the writer knows for sure what she meant--I mean, I guess she knows what she meant. Perhaps she meant for us to speculate.

no new chapter...
well, but never mind that, I'm willing to wait if the next one is as good as the previous *_*

as for the 'exceedingly stupid' thing, I agree with Lacy... he is jealous of seeing her dance with other men, and so thinks himself stupid for not having granted all the dances for himself, or, even for not having stayed at home alone with her

Tanya

Such a wonderful story, I await your next chapter. **** that Wickham!!!

Please finish this,

Pam

Dear Tanya,

Thank you for one more wonderful story.

Since I read the first time "A Singular Proposition", I always hoped that you wrote another story. And now you did it. Thank you. Please continue!

Best regards,

Beta

I love this story. It's becoming a novel on it's own.
I hope the story will continue, 'caus I realy want to know what happens with Jamie. (Suppose Wickham is in on it.)

I knew something like this would happen when Jamie's ring AND Wickham went missing!

LOVE this story, so Tanya, PLEASE post more!!

Rosemarie

Tanya, We miss you!

I have REALLY enjoyed this story! PLEASE post more soon :)

Tanya,

Please hear our prayers for another chapter...soon!

Sandy

I am so ready for an update. Soon please
Geri

Renee:
There was a time when Tanya wrote a personal blog. Does she still do that? Have you made any contact with her? Any hope of her finishing this story? Thanks for letting us know.

Tanya! YooHoo!! Are you still with us? Are you still writing? Any possibility of a new chapter soon? Will this be finished in my lifetime?

I think that's about all the questions I have. I've been in love with this story since it began and am constantly looking for another chapter.

Soon, I hope! And I sure hope all is well with you!

-Sandy

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish this story!!!!!....

I have really enjoyed it and check back often to see if there is a new chapter! %20void(0);

Please, Tanya, post a chapter any time soon! =)
Your story is the best!

I am losing hope that this story will ever be finished. I am very sorry if that will be so as it is one of the best stories on ff.

From the (so-to-speak) Authoress

Dearest Ladies (and Gentlemen?),

First of all, please excuse my long silence. I did not mean to be ungracious. Real life has had me beat for the last six months or so! Unfortunately for me, I work in a field that requires constant reading and mental processing of information (of the if, then, kind), and I come home with the best intentions to keep working on the story, and instead end up listening to the motors whirring in my mind. Sadly, it has a somewhat deadening effect on inspiration.

That said, I have not abandoned the story but am working on it a little bit at a time (sometimes very little). I greatly appreciate your continued interest and the fact that you have not given up on me.

Thank you,

Tanya.

Re: From the (so-to-speak) Authoress

Thank you so much Tanya for posting that note. I'm so glad that you are still working on it, albeit slowly.

This is the only site I know of that posts your story, and I'm so thankful for it, because it is absolutely on of my favorites!

Don't give up, and I can't wait to see what happens with Jamie and see Elizabeth and Darcy's growing love for one aother.

Thank you for your message Tanya.

I check in on Mrs Darcy's site regularly to see if there might be another chapter of 'Strange Bedfellows'

I am also very pleased to hear that you have not given up on the story.

It is an absolute favourite of mine - I have read it many many times. And love it more each time.

I will keep checking for updates for as long as it takes.

Thank you so much Tanya for letting us know that you are still with us. Long silences tend to send me into a panic that something bad has happened. I'm just a worrier like that!

And another big thank you for still working on this story. I check all the time hoping for an update!

Now that we know you are still working on it, you can bet we'll be checking even more often. Hope RL lets up soon so you can get a bit more of a writing break!

Sandy

I had been aware of this story for a couple of years and had come across very positive comments but I knew it was a WIP and so I didn't start it. Also, when I looked at the beginning a few times, it just didn't immediately draw me in. I was still into reading more traditional stories as well as modern versions and this was a departure from both genres. Meanwhile,I read MANY fanfics, and loved many of them (and some less so). But since it had strong recommendations I finally decided to plunge in a couple of weeks ago. Well, my dear, I am with everyone else in this forum (which I've been reading). I am so glad I didn't start when you first began posting it, as many did, and have to wait so long for each chapter. I was able to read all 32 over a couple of weeks. But now I'm with everyone wondering how long it will be before the next, how much more there will be and how many months (years?) it will be to get it all! Tanya, I realize it must be so hard to work on it with an intense, hectic life and I appreciate your writing (just as I finished ch. 32!) to let everyone know that you're still on it and that it will be slow going so we know what to expect. Wish it were otherwise but at least we now know there will be future chapters, however long it takes to get the whole tale. And I'm sure when it does reach "The End" we will all feel a loss as well as satisfaction. BTW, I was very interested in the discussion between Nozipo, moonspinner, Deidra and Lacy. I have my thoughts but I won't get into it now. It would be fun to sit down together and have a real session! I love dissecting these characters and comparing ideas. Anyway, it's been a pleasure and I have certainly fallen under the spell of this story. It really does take over and penetrate one's consciousness. You enter that world and their emotions and feel every little thing that they feel. I'm swept away! I'm sure I'll revisit it again and again.

Thank you Tanya, Thank you for your continued work on this story. I have been around since the start and I love guessing what is going to happen next but I'm creatively challenged and you do it sooooooooooooooooo much better. I can't wait for your next chapter.

Tanya,

Thanks for giving us hope to have the story finished.

Along with A Singular Proposition, this is doubtless one of the best JAFF ever published.

I wish you a less hard time in your professional life, so you can have your mind free for inspiration.

I am one of those who keep checking the site every week looking for a new chapter. When it happens to come, it'll be a great joy.

All the best.

I have just begun reading this story for the first time. Tom Bennet is dead, Jamie is away and Elizabeth is at Pemberley.

The first chapters were a little difficult to buy into but it has gotten better - much better.

Tom Bennet does not seem to have ever considered the feelings of the key players in his grand plan.

Jamie seems devious and shortsighted like his father - a friend one moment and an enemy the next. Right from the outset he behaves as a goad to Darcy - his ridiculous prank in the opening scene and the ensuing fight.

It is curious that Elizabeth does not seem to recognize that he is as much to blame for the duel as Darcy is. Any the consequences for him have been much more severe. How could Darcy ever accept him as a friend again.

Elizabeth seems to have someproblems in understanding the true kindness at Pemberley. Sad that she is so hung up on her family.

Looking forward to reading more. The writing is so involving. Excellent.

Just finished Chapter 21.

What truly wonderful writing. The build up - chapter after chapter of slowly increasing intensity.

It is so powerful that one lives every moment with them.

Tanya - you are a truly talented author.

Chapter 29 finished.

What havoc lizabeth's trust of Wickham has introduced. That she should stay away for so long stretches credulity a little. What can there be now to go back too?

Or are emotions something that can be just frozen in time?

I admit to reading the Indian chapters very quickly. They are almost like an intrusion in this story. Surely they are beautifully written and very moving but they almost belong somewhere else.

I am still very dubious of Jamie. Contempt in his voice? How little he really understands. Why can he not accept his share of responsibility for the state of his past friendship with Darcy?

Darcy's incredible sadness is beautifully portrayed. It is very realistic that he did not make a move to go to her. There was not really anything that he could go to.

And now I wish I had not read so fast! :)

Their coming together again was truly heart warming. There is a thrill in every look, every word, every gesture!

Elizabeth's persistence in the supposed friendship is a little cloying. Even after Malvina, Darcy and Jamie have all commented. I do not think male camaraderie is just something turned on at will. Not when so much was destroyed in one foolish moment.

It would be very difficult to ever really believe it truly back again. Even if Darcy does unravel the mystery of Jamie's arrest. Gratitude and amity are not the same thing. Elizabeth should know this from the vicissitudes of her own relationship with Darcy.

Just in case I have time on my side I am going to start again with ASP from the beginning. Just to savor again all those delirious moments! Who knows by the time I get back to this point there may be another chapter or two - or three or........

It is hard to talk about favorites - since the exclusion can be more revealing then intended. However there is an enchantment about these two stories that I have little encountered before. Tanya - you have truly entertained and even bewitched me.

I miss this story soooo much! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update soon!!!!!!!!!!........

So i have taken up a snow day and enjoyed this story...now they are together and ready battle for Lizzy's brother...whats up with Georgie and the Col??

I do hope to see another update soon

Dear Tanya,

I love so much this story.
I already read it twice, because is enjoyable, even if it is not finished.
Please continue it, to our selfish delight!
Thank you! (Well, with Christmas festivities and all, we can wait for January... but we miss you! Have a Happy Christmas!)

Best regards,
Beta

1 2