Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Dear Renee and Elizabeth,
Let me assure you that I m not at all offended. Honest, I am not. Just trying to answer to Elizabeth. It is sooo difficult to convey feelings thru this media

I am not lying when I say that I have no idea what Elizabeth meant by the use of the word 'terrible'(I was hoping that she had meant terrific LOL) or what story she was talking about. She was not specific and I also see that she is talking about Malvina, which is Tanya's character not mine, then suddenly jumping to Mr Wickham... so I am really confused
Please, remember that it takes a lot more to hurt my sensibilities.And...Elizabeth has already apologised, though I am curious to know what for..LOL

Big kiss for both of you,
Malena

However, the best stories are to be found here, at Mrs Darcy's

Mrs Darcy won't object to that...

Forgot to mention the backup board. Don't have the link at hand, but I bet you have Eli?

Here's the link for the backup bopard,. You will have to register , however.
ol('http://hyacinthgardens.streekgids.nl/viewforum.php?f=2&start=0&sid=b24a7e499');

HG back-up

This is a little easier. You don't have to copy and paste now.

Thanks for the link. I've been trying to get there for a while now. I also have another question. Does anybody know of a story where Wickham shoots Elizabeth at Pemberly? I read that not too long ago, and now I can't find it anywhere. I should have paid attention to the author and title. Oh well.

Sammy, the story you're looking for might be "A Kettle of Fish" by Julie S at Firthness. But I'm not sure. It's not finished. I've read it years ago, and now I'm not certain anymore whether Wickham shot Lizzy or Darcy, but I believe it was Lizzy...

Sammy, The story you are looking for might be Outrageous Fortune by Julia S. this story is archived at DWG and has the scene you described in ch 33. I was just reading it!

Thank you Renée for your excellent web site!

Thanks, Laura, and you're absolutely right! It's Outrageous Fortune! The story is posted at Firthness as well. (membership required)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Just wanted to let you know that the latest about HG is that it should (keep fingers crossed) be back up sometime this weekend or by Monday. They are going to be working full out this weekend to get it up and going. Also - just so everyone knows. They have a complete copy of the board just as it was when it went down so nothing will be missing.

Be sending your best wishes to Jenna who will be working to get HG up this weekend.

M2

How do I create a password and username for the Jane Austen Regency Fanfiction Index

Je te souhaite la bienvenue, Jean-Jacques!

Log in using the username MDSReader, and the password MrsDarcy. Remember the characters are case sensitive.

Just a note!

I just wanted to let you know that in your March 4 post your link to Elana's page (elana.mrsdarcy.com) isn't valid, no does it redirect to the correct page (elana2.mrsdarcy.com). Just a heads up!

It is valid, chrissy, it leads to Elena's main page on which you'll find the link to her new chapter. Perhaps you need to refresh your pages. Good luck!

R~

* Peeking shyly out from behind my lurker's cloak *

First of all, I am a great fan of this site (and an avid JA fanfiction fan in general). Thank you for the work and love that go into creating and maintaining it!

I am looking for a specific P&P fanfiction story - however, all that I can remember about it (except that I thoroughly enjoyed it) was that:

- It was modern, set in England
- In this version Darcy (sigh) ran a large farm
- the "meeting at Pemberley" part happened when Elizabeth's car had a flat tire (or other mechanical problem) in the rain near the farm.

Hmm, not that much to go on, I'm afraid. If anyone has any hints, notions, ideas, or guesses, they would be most welcome!

Take care and enjoy,

Lorien

I think it might be Carthia's "Life is better with Animals."Though I am not so sure...

In Carthia's story Darcy is a neurosurgeon and Lizzy a vet. And if I remember correctly he's visiting her area.

Could it be Belén's Paper Jam? Sorry, girls I've not been reading much lately except for the stories on my site obviously, and my old brain sometimes mixes up.

Anyway, Both are super!

Lorien, thank you for delurking. And a very warm welcome to you.

The story you're asking about is definitely Rachael's Someone Like You.

The bad news is, I don't think Rachael has ever re-posted it anywhere. It's a lovely story and is pretty much considered a "classic" in the fandom. Farmer Darcy.

Rachael is re-posting her other story: Holidays at Hyacinth Gardens, but of course, the site is down at the moment. I wish I could give better news...

Ahh Belen's Paper jum...(sigh) That I definitely know...and Darcy is in a place quite similar to Misiones in Argentina...And he drnks Mate... Elizabeth and he ride on horses with a gaucho and she rescues him from a JARARA , poisonous snake from my swamps. I remember that, no England until they are living together and he takes her to London.
I have Holidays downloaded in a doc, by the way...lovely and really well written...

Thanks for the info, T. How could I overlook that one! But you know, I've read those stories years ago. I seem to have started to mix them all up... Poor old me!

Thank you to everyone who answered!

"Someone Like You" definitely rings a bell for me. I was so looking forward to re-reading it... I'm disappointed that it is no longer posted!

I'm ashamed to admit how much time I spend searching for, reading, and re-reading P&P fanfiction. I love it all: modern, Regency, toungue-in-cheek, angsty... as long as it is romantic and Lizzie and Darcy figure heavily in the story, I am happy as a lark. What is it about those two anyway?

What is it about those two anyway?

What can I say? We all want to be like Lizzy, and we all wish for a Mr Darcy of our own...

I need happy endings too, Darcy and Lizzy must end up together!

"We all want to be like Lizzy, and we all wish for a Mr Darcy of our own.."

That is it exactly! Elizabeth is smart and good (but not *too* good) and Darcy is... well, Darcy (sigh). One of the things I like most about fanfiction is how different Darcy/Elizabeth are in each story - although they are still easily recognizable as themselves.

By the way, I meant to type "tongue-in-cheek" in my previous message. Ouch! And I'm generally such a stickler for spelling/grammar!

Thanks again for your responses, and if Rachael ever sees fit to post "Someone Like You" again, I'd love to know about it!

I have Rachael's e-mail so if I get a chance, I'll let her know you're interested. She's usually quite good about responding. :)

Tracey

Thank you very much, Tracey. I appreciate your help!

This is a very welcoming forum! And I recognize so many of your names as the authors of stories I have read and enjoyed.

Stay warm, all (it's -20 F here today, brrr!)

“I don’t buy the idea that people are terribly nostalgic for a lost world or that they love those tight breeches.

Personally , I have mixture feelings as regards this newspaper extract. On the one hand, I must agree that generally one longs past times as better than present ones. On the other hand, however, I definitely love those tight breeches... especially on Mr CF, but I believe it is the romantisism of it all that drags me, inevitably, every single day to search on the Austen sites for a new posting of that particular story I am following.
Lovely article . Thanks Renee

Help! I started reading a story at fanfiction.net on 03/10/07 and now its gone! I don't know name or author (I know, what kind of a ff fan am I?) but its a regency set 17 yrs after Darcy & Lizzy get married. they have 5 kids with one on the way and Darcy has an accident and gets amnesia. The story then follows the family while Darcy tried to remember. Does anyone know this story?

Wow, that sounds interesting, Frances. Unfortunately I have no idea. I hope someone else...

I think it was called 'Proud Memory', but I don't know the author. Like you, I recently read the update, but checking today, didn't see the story. Perhaps the author withdrew it???

The author must have drawn it then... What a pity! Let's hope only for editing reasons and that it'll be re-posted soon.

I have a recommendation for all: over at fanfiction.net is a story called "Life Changes" by DarcyDeFirth. Its very clever, fresh, and entertaining. Do yourselves a favor and check it out.

Thanks for the tip, Frances!

Thanks Frances but I have a question if you or someone can help me. I was able to find this story using Google but can't seem to find the P&P stories by just going to fanfiction.net. I was able to find some more but it doesn't seem to be easy to find Completed stories vs. WIPs. Not too crazy about WIPs. At least on this site, we get communication about them thanks to our wonderful Mrs. Darcy!

At least on this site, we get communication about them thanks to our wonderful Mrs. Darcy!

*smooch* Kayakchick.

I'm not that familiar with fanfiction.net, but there's a search function in the main menu. If you're interested in certain wips over there, and want to know more about what to expect, I bet there's a possibility to get in touch with the author.

Someone Like You -- Rachael's story

Hi all,

I've just been in contact with Rachael via e-mail and sad news about Someone Like You aka SLY (Lorienwood asked about this one specifically). Her computer crashed and she no longer has the final draft of SLY! She's revised much of her work so I don't think that even if people had a saved copy from old posts it would satisfy her. So she's not looking to repost it.

She's also moved onto real life script writing. For those who didn't know, she once wrote a short story called Echoes. It was quite moving and while it had Lizzy/Darcy as main characters, it really wasn't P&P related. Anyway, she made changes, made it into a screenplay and a friend of hers directed a short film of it which they'll be entering into film festivals soon. I'm afraid she's moved on from fan fic in general... but it's for a great reason!!!!

Tracey

OMG, Tracey, how awful for Rachael. I had a harddisk crash once, but the shop was able to retrieve practically all my word documents. I hope for Rachael it'll be possible with hers too.

On the other hand, I'm very very happy for her that she's going to take that step into the world of fiction. But boy, will we miss her fantastic E&D stories!

Thanks for the information.

Help!

I just tried the current password to Carol's website (where she has lots of archived stories)and it seems to have been changed. The password I have been using starts with the letter A. Does anyone know if it has indeed been changed and what it is?
Please send to me if you can.
fcmejias@comcast.net

Thank You very much!
Frances

Frances, there's a message about that on the Hyacinth Gardens Back up board from Carol, who owns the site. I'll reprint it here because I don't think she'd mind:

I've already gotten one email this morning, so I thought I should explain what's going on. Last night I received a notification that I've nearly surpassed the transfer limit on my .mac account. Since I also have a lot of personal things on my .mac account that I don't want to have taken away for the rest of the month, I decided to change the password on the PDF site until the first of the month. After May 1, the password will be back to what it originally was.

I also want to make sure that people are actually downloading the PDFs. Some browsers might just open up the PDF when you click on the link, and people may be coming back as they read the same story, accessing the same PDF over and over. Please download the PDF to your hard drive. That will probably help, plus then you'll have it to read whenever you want it. Thank you!

As for if you can access it now, she didn't mention. I hope that helps a bit.

Tracey

This is my first time posting (I am nervous) I love this site, Renee thanks for all you do! I support the site why would I not, I enjoy it so much.

Tracey, I saw your post regarding Rachael and I wanted to offer if you feel it appropriate to extend to Rachael, that with her approval if someone has a hard copy of her story/stories, I would be happy to type them in an appropriate format for her. I understand she may not be interested, with her life going down a different path at this time; I did want to offer if she is interested and wish her the best.

Thanks,
Sonya

A very warm welcome to you, dear Sonya, I'm very proud that you've taken the plunge! No need to be nervous, we're a friendly bunch and our only aim is to make you feel at home.

I think the offer is very kind. If Rachael indeed has lost it all, she might be happy with this solution.

Thank you so much for your offer.

Congrats to Rachael on her career move! Though it makes me sad that we might be losing her FF stories. Any ideas on whether she plans to finish Holidays? I really enjoyed it and it seems like she was almost through with it.

Posting because I thought I had seen the posting of Someone Lke You at Droolfic. I must have been wrong but I did find this one. I read it a few months ago but don't know if it's the same Rachael.

www.darcy.org(asm)

That's a classic of the PPFF world, Jess. And yes, I believe it's the same Rachael.

Recently I read somewhere, at the HG perhaps, that Drool is still accessible to a certain extent. Don't know where though.

Tracey;
Thanks for the info on Carol's site.

If anyone is looking for Droolfic I believe you can find it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011031225252/homepage.powerup.com.au/~lgenn/droolfic/index-by-date.htm

I hope that works!

Frances

Thanks Frances, I've tagged the link so that the readers only have to click on it.

Drool

Guess my workplace does not like that "Drool" website because it is blocked. Guess I will have to check it out from home. Thanks for all of the links to the other websites so I can read more! Husband doesn't like it so much though...

Thanks, Renee for your kind words. And I do appreciate Frances sharing the Drool site with you for us. I have already been there and can't wait to return to read, etc. I am not familiar with all the links for P&P FF (as a newby) but, I do look forward to locating them all.

Sonya

YW, Sonya! And there are so many fanfiction site, too many to mention. In the link section of Mrs. Darcy's you'll find a few. And a very important tool is Victoria's Jane Austen fanfiction index. It's down at the moment, but will be in the air soon again.

You'll find the login and password here

Watch it though... you're addicted before you know it!

Just tried the HG site - the one with PDFs and owned by Carol, but old password is still not working. Does anyone know the latest?

Thanks

I've heard it'll be working again in the beginning of May, so let's hope one of these days. I'd suggest you check out the HG thread in the greenhouse regularly.

R~

Hmmmm - in the greenhouse? Is that on this site - sorry to be so daft...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10