Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Tanya, We miss you!

I have REALLY enjoyed this story! PLEASE post more soon :)

Tanya,

Please hear our prayers for another chapter...soon!

Sandy

I am so ready for an update. Soon please
Geri

Renee:
There was a time when Tanya wrote a personal blog. Does she still do that? Have you made any contact with her? Any hope of her finishing this story? Thanks for letting us know.

Tanya! YooHoo!! Are you still with us? Are you still writing? Any possibility of a new chapter soon? Will this be finished in my lifetime?

I think that's about all the questions I have. I've been in love with this story since it began and am constantly looking for another chapter.

Soon, I hope! And I sure hope all is well with you!

-Sandy

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish this story!!!!!....

I have really enjoyed it and check back often to see if there is a new chapter! %20void(0);

Please, Tanya, post a chapter any time soon! =)
Your story is the best!

I am losing hope that this story will ever be finished. I am very sorry if that will be so as it is one of the best stories on ff.

From the (so-to-speak) Authoress

Dearest Ladies (and Gentlemen?),

First of all, please excuse my long silence. I did not mean to be ungracious. Real life has had me beat for the last six months or so! Unfortunately for me, I work in a field that requires constant reading and mental processing of information (of the if, then, kind), and I come home with the best intentions to keep working on the story, and instead end up listening to the motors whirring in my mind. Sadly, it has a somewhat deadening effect on inspiration.

That said, I have not abandoned the story but am working on it a little bit at a time (sometimes very little). I greatly appreciate your continued interest and the fact that you have not given up on me.

Thank you,

Tanya.

Re: From the (so-to-speak) Authoress

Thank you so much Tanya for posting that note. I'm so glad that you are still working on it, albeit slowly.

This is the only site I know of that posts your story, and I'm so thankful for it, because it is absolutely on of my favorites!

Don't give up, and I can't wait to see what happens with Jamie and see Elizabeth and Darcy's growing love for one aother.

Thank you for your message Tanya.

I check in on Mrs Darcy's site regularly to see if there might be another chapter of 'Strange Bedfellows'

I am also very pleased to hear that you have not given up on the story.

It is an absolute favourite of mine - I have read it many many times. And love it more each time.

I will keep checking for updates for as long as it takes.

Thank you so much Tanya for letting us know that you are still with us. Long silences tend to send me into a panic that something bad has happened. I'm just a worrier like that!

And another big thank you for still working on this story. I check all the time hoping for an update!

Now that we know you are still working on it, you can bet we'll be checking even more often. Hope RL lets up soon so you can get a bit more of a writing break!

Sandy

I had been aware of this story for a couple of years and had come across very positive comments but I knew it was a WIP and so I didn't start it. Also, when I looked at the beginning a few times, it just didn't immediately draw me in. I was still into reading more traditional stories as well as modern versions and this was a departure from both genres. Meanwhile,I read MANY fanfics, and loved many of them (and some less so). But since it had strong recommendations I finally decided to plunge in a couple of weeks ago. Well, my dear, I am with everyone else in this forum (which I've been reading). I am so glad I didn't start when you first began posting it, as many did, and have to wait so long for each chapter. I was able to read all 32 over a couple of weeks. But now I'm with everyone wondering how long it will be before the next, how much more there will be and how many months (years?) it will be to get it all! Tanya, I realize it must be so hard to work on it with an intense, hectic life and I appreciate your writing (just as I finished ch. 32!) to let everyone know that you're still on it and that it will be slow going so we know what to expect. Wish it were otherwise but at least we now know there will be future chapters, however long it takes to get the whole tale. And I'm sure when it does reach "The End" we will all feel a loss as well as satisfaction. BTW, I was very interested in the discussion between Nozipo, moonspinner, Deidra and Lacy. I have my thoughts but I won't get into it now. It would be fun to sit down together and have a real session! I love dissecting these characters and comparing ideas. Anyway, it's been a pleasure and I have certainly fallen under the spell of this story. It really does take over and penetrate one's consciousness. You enter that world and their emotions and feel every little thing that they feel. I'm swept away! I'm sure I'll revisit it again and again.

Thank you Tanya, Thank you for your continued work on this story. I have been around since the start and I love guessing what is going to happen next but I'm creatively challenged and you do it sooooooooooooooooo much better. I can't wait for your next chapter.

Tanya,

Thanks for giving us hope to have the story finished.

Along with A Singular Proposition, this is doubtless one of the best JAFF ever published.

I wish you a less hard time in your professional life, so you can have your mind free for inspiration.

I am one of those who keep checking the site every week looking for a new chapter. When it happens to come, it'll be a great joy.

All the best.

I have just begun reading this story for the first time. Tom Bennet is dead, Jamie is away and Elizabeth is at Pemberley.

The first chapters were a little difficult to buy into but it has gotten better - much better.

Tom Bennet does not seem to have ever considered the feelings of the key players in his grand plan.

Jamie seems devious and shortsighted like his father - a friend one moment and an enemy the next. Right from the outset he behaves as a goad to Darcy - his ridiculous prank in the opening scene and the ensuing fight.

It is curious that Elizabeth does not seem to recognize that he is as much to blame for the duel as Darcy is. Any the consequences for him have been much more severe. How could Darcy ever accept him as a friend again.

Elizabeth seems to have someproblems in understanding the true kindness at Pemberley. Sad that she is so hung up on her family.

Looking forward to reading more. The writing is so involving. Excellent.

Just finished Chapter 21.

What truly wonderful writing. The build up - chapter after chapter of slowly increasing intensity.

It is so powerful that one lives every moment with them.

Tanya - you are a truly talented author.

Chapter 29 finished.

What havoc lizabeth's trust of Wickham has introduced. That she should stay away for so long stretches credulity a little. What can there be now to go back too?

Or are emotions something that can be just frozen in time?

I admit to reading the Indian chapters very quickly. They are almost like an intrusion in this story. Surely they are beautifully written and very moving but they almost belong somewhere else.

I am still very dubious of Jamie. Contempt in his voice? How little he really understands. Why can he not accept his share of responsibility for the state of his past friendship with Darcy?

Darcy's incredible sadness is beautifully portrayed. It is very realistic that he did not make a move to go to her. There was not really anything that he could go to.

And now I wish I had not read so fast! :)

Their coming together again was truly heart warming. There is a thrill in every look, every word, every gesture!

Elizabeth's persistence in the supposed friendship is a little cloying. Even after Malvina, Darcy and Jamie have all commented. I do not think male camaraderie is just something turned on at will. Not when so much was destroyed in one foolish moment.

It would be very difficult to ever really believe it truly back again. Even if Darcy does unravel the mystery of Jamie's arrest. Gratitude and amity are not the same thing. Elizabeth should know this from the vicissitudes of her own relationship with Darcy.

Just in case I have time on my side I am going to start again with ASP from the beginning. Just to savor again all those delirious moments! Who knows by the time I get back to this point there may be another chapter or two - or three or........

It is hard to talk about favorites - since the exclusion can be more revealing then intended. However there is an enchantment about these two stories that I have little encountered before. Tanya - you have truly entertained and even bewitched me.

I miss this story soooo much! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update soon!!!!!!!!!!........

So i have taken up a snow day and enjoyed this story...now they are together and ready battle for Lizzy's brother...whats up with Georgie and the Col??

I do hope to see another update soon

Dear Tanya,

I love so much this story.
I already read it twice, because is enjoyable, even if it is not finished.
Please continue it, to our selfish delight!
Thank you! (Well, with Christmas festivities and all, we can wait for January... but we miss you! Have a Happy Christmas!)

Best regards,
Beta

My message contains spoilers!!!

WOW! After reading practically non-stop for 2 days I have just finished what you have so far. I really love this story. I have seen the stories where they have to marry because Darcy has compromised her in some way and they always end up in love at the end but, this one is so much more unique. The fact that Darcy wasn't exactly "in love" when they were forced to marry is such a great concept!

I am eager to see what happens with Jaimie but I have to say that when the story took us to India I kind of lost some interest because I was really just waiting for Elizabeth to stop being ridiculous and get together with Darcy! But, now with this cliff hanger and knowing what happened in India I am eager to see how they get out of this predicament. There's Wickham again, always causing trouble!

I am glad I started this story when it had 32 chapters or I would have gone crazy waiting for Darcy and Elizabeth to get together! I don't know how everyone else did it.

shanna
My message contains spoilers!!!
I am glad I started this story when it had 32 chapters or I would have gone crazy waiting for Darcy and Elizabeth to get together! I don't know how everyone else did it.

I agree. Will there be a continuation or is this all there will be?

Me, too! I agree as well! It is such a greattttttttt story that I have always loved. Please let there be more!

Any news of when this story will update. Miss it so much! I feel like it's been years.

It HAS been years

Sorry, ladies, for the long wait, I can so imagine your impatience!

However, Tanya is expecting a baby, so I expect her priorities lay elsewhere at the moment. Anyway, I'll send her an e-mail and hope to get back to you soon with good news about the newborn and perhaps... her older written baby

oh that is unfair! now I won't have the heart to make tanya feel a little guilty for leaving us to wait this long
now I can only say: waaaaaaaaa! this is wonderful news! CONGRATULAZIONI from Italy

A Baby! Congratulations. Well I don't feel right asking for anything so I'll just say

I'll say a prayer for you and let you know that your story isn't forgotten.

Geri

Congratulations. Hope you and your baby are well.

Renée O
Sorry, ladies, for the long wait, I can so imagine your impatience!

However, Tanya is expecting a baby, so I expect her priorities lay elsewhere at the moment. Anyway, I'll send her an e-mail and hope to get back to you soon with good news about the newborn and perhaps... her older written baby

THOSE are wonderfull news...Maybeanother good writer is on the way

I feel robbed!! I just started reading this story two days ago, got completely engrossed in it and couldn't put it down, and then realised when I got to the end that it wasn't finished, and then realised that this website hasn't been updated in years and now I realise that I may never get to find out what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the rest of this story somewhere out there in cyberspace? Please say yes!!!!

Hi, as far as I know this one will be forever incomplete. This website is pretty much dead sadly. Great stories on this site! I especially loved this story too. It's too bad.

I'm so sorry! Tanya's story won't be finished, I fear. A couple of years ago I stopped my activities on the site, but decided to keep it online since so many still appreciate the stories of which some haven't been posted elsewhere.

Cheers
Renée O aka Mrs. Darcy

What a fabulously engrossing story.
As i approach "the end", i'm distraught to thnk it won't be resolved.
What a bummer!

Man......cannot believe it's been 16 years since this was written or at least since feedback for this story was opened. I was three years old when this was posted. I stayed up until 6 am on a Saturday night devouring this story. I cried heavily (thankfully my college roommate was gone...it was quite some obnoxious sobbing) and was awash with heart-wrenching misery and anger and anguish for all those years apart and the misunderstanding god but also overwhelming happiness and giddiness. I must say it's been a long time since a story has touched me so deeply. Thank you for this beautiful story. I hope the author is out there and reads this. Truly, I am at awe. I have no hope it might be finished but if it ever was, I'd be here in a second.
Either way, thank you for this gift. You took a novel I love so so much and managed to place them in a different world, with different siblings and stories and I love them as much as I love the original. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this. It's reminded me of why we love literature, why we love to consume art and lose ourselves in stories. Thank you.

I've just reached chapter 12 when curiosity got the best of me and goshdarnit! It made me so indescribably sad to know that it's abandoned! So wary of continuing, knowing that it will never reach its conclusion, and I'm now resorting to savour each chapter by reading ever. so. slowly. and. ever. so. carefully. This is one time that I would prefer to be blisfully ignorant.

savor it for sure! but know that the cliffhanger is not unbearable in terms of darcy and elizabeth's relationship so dont worry

I needed the reassurance - you have no idea how much that tidbit of info calmed me (was pretty distressed scrolling down this thread) onward I go!

yeah trust me, the big conflict is resolved, its more of like a minor plotline that comes up not relating to their relationship :))) and ik as i was reading id scroll down and be so happy when i saw "click here to read more of the story" so sad itll never be updated but we're really lucky with where it ended

All right! So you're saying there were no major unresolved issues.. and they were plausible enough to have a happy ever after? *bites nails nervously*

For me, it's resolved, but just short of totally happily ever after. I'm resigned to it never being updated. And if it is ever concluded it would have to find a new home! I'm thankful for Renee for keeping this site up.

I've reached the end and- what can I say- I'm already starting to feel tell-tale signs of withdrawal syndrome.

-SPOILERS-

At one point I felt let down by Darcy, so disappointed was I that I couldn't really bask in their happiness at the long awaited reconciliation. His instinct to drown his sorrows in the arms of Valerie/other women whenever he's in turmoil is truly, truly upsetting to me. Granted that he didn't get to actually do the deed but, still.

Hi,

I have heard a lot about this story..where do I read it? Unable to find a working link.

Regards
Swarna

I think Tanya's site was deleted. This is the saddest day.

To all of you who still would like to read the story, Tanya is posting it on AHA:)

That is the best news ever! I was just talking to a friend about how sad I was to think I'd never find this fic again.
What is AHA? Could you link it?

NEW LINK!

http://meryton.com/aha/index.php?showtopic=18583

Here's its new home for those who want to read!

Re: NEW LINK!

OMG thank you!! So does this mean she's finishing this story! How exciting!