Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Naughty Star by Malena

My dears, the epilogue has just been posted. Enjoy!

Thanks a million, dear Malena, I and so many others adore your work. So it is with a little sadness that we have to say goodbye to "A Naughty Star". But... what about Parson's Pleasure?

Chapter 25 is up. The end is nearing, so enjoy it to the fullest.

Another truly wonderful chapter. So funny, so witty and so well written - I loved it.

Really enjoyed Jane's machinations (lol) and Darcy's picking up on them. Perfect.

I laughed out loud, snorted and generally had a fine time, so thank you!

Couple of favourite lines:

"Fitzwilliam raised his brows in approval. He felt very much inclined to assist Miss Elizabeth out of those wet clothes himself."

"Killing the sister would not help to ingratiate herself with the brother."

You are so funny!

What a treat to find another chapter this morning! Once again, Malena, a great one. I have to agree with Splatt, you are very funny. I cannot help but love your stories. It is upsetting this is almost over, but I fully intend on going back and reading the whole thing from the beginning again as soon as it is.

Very interesting about the Colonel's attitude in this one. Hmmmm...

Malena
I thought for a moment that Darcy was being dumber then a door nail. Thank you for letting him come to his senses.

As for the knock at the door why do I feel like it is the Col? I don't like where his thoughts went. What happened to the man that was helping to bring Lizzy and Darcy together last chapter?

As alway I look forward to more of your wonderful story.
Geri

I will answer your question with a quote from chapter 24

Darcy beheld him with glee, “If I did not know you, Fitzwilliam, I would swear you are playing at matchmaking.”

“Then you quite mistake my meaning, cousin. I am just cautioning you.”

Thank you all for your beautiful words. You certainly made my day!!!

SOOOO glad that you got back to this and that you are feeding us such absolutely delightful fare. Thank you!

Most welcome, my dear. I am enjoying myself probably just as much as you are enjoying the reading

chapter 26 has just been posted. Enjoy!

Oh, Malena! Leaving us hanging off that cliff again, eh? I cannot even imagine what Bingley will say after all he had accepted before returning to London...unless...oh, I cannot wait for the next installment! Loved the results of Elizabeth's "medicine"! Poor Darcy!

I so thought with Darcy leaning against her door when she open it he'd fall in and hit the floor. Oh it would have been so terrible if her quilt was dislodged in the fall. :D

I can't wait to hear Bingley's tale and Darcy's reception.
GEri

Well, Wendy, Geri, and I guess Faith also,(though your comment was missplaced if at all meant for me, it was very warm) am glad you enjoyed this new post. We are arriving at the natural end of the story so I hope you will also enjoy what is left.
I sincerely think you would have been an awesome beta Geri! How did I not think of that! But these two have had enough naked scenes already, dont you think?
I think, Wendy, that Mr Darcy has many reasons to get himself ready for more shocking news.
See you all next update!

"Mr. Darcy, getting ready for more shocking news" !!!! I myself wondered why he didn't pick up on Elizabeth mentioning the 'yellow robe'. And now that Jane has arrived Elizabeth won't even be able to wear it - pshaw!!!

I missed chapter 25, busy w/graduation and such. So I have just read that and chapter 26 - very well and good that Darcy left Miss Richmond to be assisted by her father, she was beginning to get on my own nerves. Love that Elizabeth did end up going to Darcy house and that Jane played a part in it. Who would've thought? - Jane the matchmaker. And now Bingley shows up and an engagement is forthcoming. Lots of 'goings on' here. Tell me will Darcy feel the familiar closeness when he does finally get into Elizabeth's bed? . . . . I'm kind of thinking he will!
Love your wonderful story and salty personality w/the Colonel.

I too was wondering how long it would take Darcy to to question how Elizabeth knows that his robe is yellow. And I don't think it is just the brandy doing the talking for Elizabeth. I can't wait for your next chapter and thank you so much for posting these last ones so frequently.

Thank you, Teb and Kara, for your comments.
I am glad you two did perceive what Darcy failed to. He will in the long run, you can be certain of that. He is a little slow, the poor devil. His loins affect the traffic of blood to the brain! LOL

Am working on the new chapter. Pray for rain, which is what keeps me housebound and writing. Momentarily I am quite engaged reading Ayden's The Great Game, a story I have never read and which I enjoing considerably.
I cannot promise anything, since comedies depend a good deal on a particular Muse. Probably you will have a new chapter by Friday. Cross fingers.

I am cracking UP!! I'm just getting started, I am n Chapter Two and I've laughed so HARD! Glad this one is still being updated, won't be long before I've caught up!

Love that you are enjoying yourself, Kim! Welcome aboard! And thanks for letting me know. I love feedback!

Wendy,
Originally I had described it as a small sitting area adjoined to the drawing room, but then I somehow forgot to include it...so your conjecture might be right after all...who knows? Or perhaps he never learns the truth...though he had had a lot of clues with the dog and the yellow robe, do you not think?

Kim,
you have become quite a fan in what takes a wink. Thank you! And do not fret...Darcy is having some fun after all....or is it not Darcy?

Uh oh! That's a heck of a cliffhanger to leave us with there, Malena!!! From what you've said, Elizabeth is not really the Colonel's "heart's desire", it is only lust, so I don't think Anne and Elizabeth will switch places...but if you want to do a sequel and tell us that I'm wrong, I'm sure none of us will mind! Who knows what the Colonel and Anne will wake up to, though! I'm glad at least Anne got her heart's desire!

Thank you so much for such a great story, Malena. I enjoyed every minute of it!!!

Thanks Wendi...so did I! And now back to Parson's Pleasures.

Malena
Thanks Wendi...so did I! And now back to Parson's Pleasures.

Excellent idea!

Oh how could you what did Darcy feel? :D

Well, we would only know for sure if I sat and wrote yet another epilogue. But that is not going to happen, so you can choose your own finale. Perhaps nothing happens since Elizabeth has made no wish. Or perhaps Anne never changes because Fitzwiliam's desire is money above all. Or perhaps Lizzie finds herself trapped in Anne's body and Anne stays as Elizabeth for a while until the charm comes to its natural end, to the entertainment of both the colonel and Anne , of course... Or...Goodness me! The possibilities!

How impertinant of you Malena, writing a chapter like that! lol
I would actually like to believe rather that Anne tricked Fitzwilliam into marrying her and did not actually make a wish.
This was a fun story!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the great entertainment.

LOL Teb...A little bit of thinking will do no harm to anyone, But if you are a careful reader , you will find out what really happened. It is there!

Thanks for reading the story.

Many, many, many thanks, dear Malena, for this great story!

Best regards,
Beta

Malena,

I just finished reading "A Naughty Star," and it is one of the most well-written stories I have read! There was fabulous humour at every turn, and it was almost slapstick in its most absurd moments. How did you come up with such captivating banter? You used excellent Regency tone in your language and sentence structure, with a lilting flow of words that perfectly matched the twinkle in the eye that comes from the theme.

You tackled an almost impossible task, to clearly show two characters being swapped, and knowing who was whom without confusion. You gave us a clear delineation of characters with your writing techniques, including italics, ensuring that the reader knew who was thinking and who he/she looked like to others.

You even gave us a bit of angst at the end! Bravo, and thank you!

Suze

Dearest Suze,

Of all that you have stated I only own the absurdity and captivating banter.

As to the Regency style , that is very much Austen's.

My dear betas were the ones who solved the problem of character delination. Debra came up with this quotation thing so that one could differentiate Lizzinley from Binglizzie.

By the way, I will take this opportunity to thank those beautiful ladies who helped with observations and checked both grammar and spelling: TJ, Debra, Ellen, Belen, Denver among others.

Thanks again for taking time to comment.
Hope to find you again amidst my readers at another opportunity
love
Male

I fell for P&P movie (the one with Keira and Matthew) last summer. Since then I've been avoiding FFs for my own sake, but after watcing the movie about 30 times, read the novel 20 and managed to order the BBC 1995 version a couple of days ago I gave up. "It will not do." This to say I adore this ff, I started reading at 1 a.m. yesterday and ended at 4 a.m. This is ridicolous, cos I'm a mother of 2 and had to wake up at 6.
anyway, thank you, it really had been a wonderful night

Dear sleepless,
You are not alone. I am the mother of four which necessarily means that my house is upsidedown most of the time and still I could not stop until I have written the story through.I am currently writing another (a pair of stories in fact)so you can imagine the general state of my household.
Thanks for your devotion LOL and for telling me you have enjoyed.
have a nice sleep
Male

This is likewise a chance to pay tribute to the intellectual titans like Newton, Pythagoras as well as Leibniz, who thought of great deals of ideas in coolmath that we take for approved today - by using them to offer humanity. As there are so many video games below, to make it easy to locate ones that will certainly match your class, I've sorted them right into junior primary, center primary as well as upper main video games.