Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Long, Strange Trip by Ellen G

I've just reread this for the third time since first seeing it in 2007 and thought that I really should tell you that I enjoy it and not only enjoy it. I very much like your stories in general, but this one is just so quirky and funny, as well as creative, evocative and surprisingly sweet.
And, having been a San Francisco teenager in the late seventies, it does bring back some interesting memories, some of which are very close to the waterfall.
It's very impressive how clever you are in doing something like this in a way that rings so true both to its original context and characters and to our modern understanding, all the while with such a light (and pleasing ) touch.

Re: A Long, Strange Trip by Ellen G

Hee hee....I thought I started to read some of your others, the Food of Love and the Lesson being shorts....then I remembered what they were about and decided that work, probably wasnt appropriate...at least not when my monitor is in full view!

I do enjoy your stories though, and will no doubt read them time and time again.