Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jan H - The Child

Thank you, Sandy, Irene, Fiona, Christina, Gio, teb, Christina Joseph, Vesna, and Ophelia! I loved all your comments. It's obvious you have strong feelings about this story.

Fiona, I agree that Fan is going to need all the manners she can acquire because Regency England had brutal rules about illegitimate girls' social standing.

Christina Joseph, just so you won't have to go back and search, Darcy did promise Elizabeth they would wait for the physical side of marriage until she was ready. And you're right, Darcy hasn't changed much even though he thinks he has. He's got a lot to learn.

Ophelia, writing from a man's point of view has literally made me pull my hair out! I've promised myself I will never do it again.

And Sandy, thanks for the congrats about publishing. That was a real surprise when Meryton Press approached me because I never intended to publish any of my work. Christine, I appreciate your shout-out on Facebook. I haven't joined the network yet, but have been told that I should. Incidentally, I left you a message at Meryton Press. You're a sweetheart!

Chapter 8 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

Good Grief Darcy! Get the stick out of your posterior and lighten up! I really get the feeling that Lizzy is trying to tease and bring a little liveliness to the evening and he is just so resentful of anything that doesn't have her in his bed even though he is doing nothing to move toward that end.

"I am not in the habit of being awakened by an unruly creature pulling at my hair."
Awareness of what must have occurred washed over her countenance. "And is it your general habit to sleep in the library, sir?"

RuhRoh...so...not only has his staff found out that his marriage is a sham...he also gives the impression that he can't stand to sleep in the room next to hers. And his yelling at an inquisitive and innocent child and calling her a creature certainly isn't going to win him any brownie points! Wonder how he would have felt if someone called his sister a creature at that age?

a growing resentment settled in my heart toward the child. If not for her, my wife's attentions might be gracious and warm, rather than mocking. If not for her, I might have awakened in my own bed with my wife lying in my arms. If not for her...
Oh yes, I began to resent Wickham's spawn. Unfortunately, as the weeks of my marriage passed, the deeper my resentment grew.
What he is too blind to see is that it is that resentment that is the whole problem. Because of it he can't even begin to think of them as a family which means there is no warmth or friendly interactions. Lizzy is largely ignored or at least she isn't given the respect that she should have. Why should she think that he wants anything more than a marriage of convenience.

Tell me, sir, exactly what is her place? The day you sought my hand in marriage, you said Fan would have a place at your table. Were you sincere? Or is she to be kept in the distant recesses of the house, brought out only on Boxing Day to greet the servants?"
Bravo Elizabeth!!

Looking up, I saw that my rejection stung,
Of course it stung you dolt! You reject everyone and everything to do with her. She is truly treated as nothing more than his property so why he should think she should feel more is beyond me. What will it take?

Rearing a ******* in your house will taint your name for generations."
I’m surprised Elizabeth didn’t punch her lights out! And Collins is out there feeding this, I’m sure. Hope something happens to prevent him from inheriting Longbourn...maybe one of those famous ‘Fatal Carriage Accidents'? LOL!

But of course, Darcy’s relatives are so kind and honest and considerate and loving...certainly they are much better than...what was it he used to describe Fan...
How can she take her place in society if she is allowed to grow up wild and untamed? She will embarrass us at every turn!"
Why would Fan embarrass anyone...Lady Catherine does quite well on her own! Arriving unannounced and uninvited...and good grief...the harridan even lied to her own brother! It will be interesting to see how the earl reacts once Lady Catherine is gone.

Still, I think Darcy is a very selfish ‘creature’! He has shown no warmth or caring for anyone but himself! His resentment is so deep that he can’t see that Mrs. Abernathy merely spoke friendly to Fan and she became a very friendly and well-behaved 2-year old. The child is frightened of him...period! She knows he doesn't like her. Children can sense these things. What is it going to take for him to begin to attempt to thaw...cause if he doesn’t...then Lizzy needs to apply for sainthood to put up with him!

How does any of this compare to how he and Georgiana were raised? Maybe when they get to Pemberley Mrs Reynolds can cut through the ice and resentment that consumes Darcy. Something has to shake him up because he is becoming no better than Wickham and his resentment for Darcy!

And Wickham is still out there! I was afraid he would try something when Lizzy went to her aunts alone.

Oh Jan...there is so much going on and so much that can happen! I’m just so anxious to see what is going to happen next! Excellent writing as usual! I can already tell this will be another JanH story I will read again and again. And congratulations on getting 2 of your stories published. Definitely gotta add them to my kindle and our Library, too!

William is never going to win over ODG with that attitude.
And poor Fan, at least Mrs. A seems like a good choice.
Aunt Cat., I'm glad Darcy defended Elizabeth in front of her.

Irene

Poor Mr. Darcy, his Aunt is not entirely wrong: bringing up a ******* did taint families during the Regency Era, and would have most definitely lessened Georgiana's chances for a good marriage. All the more admirable of him, then, to stand by Elizabeth. And good for him to get the good woman Mrs. Abernathy,as even Elizabeth conceded that Fan is "spoilt rotten". As her social standing is rather shaky, Fan would need to have excellent manners and education to balance that.

I hope Elizabeth stops referring to Fan as "my child", though, as I (along with Mr. Darcy) look forward to the sweet happily everafter when she has her own child. Their child. It's going to be a long and bumpy road, but so worth the wait. Thanks, Jan!

"Come now, sir, you must understand when I am teasing, or this marriage shall prove quite tedious."

Love your Elizabeth, JanH! Lines like that are just delicious. Another great chapter.

I say things are looking good! Even though Darcy is still behaving like an ass, but at least he is attuned to Elizabeth's feelings and willing to calm down and reason with her. Hope the nurse he has engaged is a truly nice lady. I think after witnessing how Darcy came to her defence in front of Lady C, Lizzy would be more appreciative now (i truly hope!!). Thanks for another great chapter!

Well, I for one am glad Darcy was upstanding when it came to his wife, concerning his aunt's behavior. The fact that his uncle stayed behind to leave with Richard was also most satisfying and Elizabeth pointing out the door and Catherine's carriage was the coup de grace. Bravo Elizabeth. I hope D&E can at least come to some common ground after this.

Loved little Fran waking up Darcy like only a true toddler would. It would have been a real cute scene had Darcy decided to check himself and not yell.

Another wonderful chapter Jan.

First let me just say Thank you for this great story.

Mr.Darcy hasn't changed much,has he? He has a long way to go or is he just masking the good side of him just because his feelings are unrequitted?

I don't understand Has Lizzy softened towards Darcy? I guess no. She treats him almost with contempt and maybe she has to understand the fact that not many men would take on a wife with a child. And about the physical side of their marriage, did they discuss that they will wait. I think i will have to read again.

I can't wait to see how the story will unfold.

Thank you.

Wonderful chapter.
I was afraid that they will fight about Mrs A, but she seems nice person, otherwise Fan would not accept her.
Lady C - nothing new about her, good that E heard him.
Thank you Jan.

Thank you, Lucy and Lili! I agree, Lucy, that Fan seems to demonstrate Lydia's personality. Hopefully, being reared by Elizabeth and Darcy will be a civilizing influence, if they ever get their act together and decide to work as a team.

And Lili, you have made comments more than once about the Bennets leaving Elizabeth to take all responsibility for Fan, and I agree. As we know, Mr. Bennet was never more than a lackadasical father. I imagine him even more so as a grandfather. Since Bingley has not yet offered for Jane, and she has no guarantee that he will, Darcy seems to be the family's only saving grace of what to do with Fan and, as you said, restore the family's reputation. Elizabeth says in Chapter 3 that she doesn't know why Fan demands so much of her time (is attached to her) more so than her sisters, but it seems that Fan has chosen Elizabeth as her mother. And Lizzy has always been a responsible person.

I appreciate your comments.

I'm enjoying your story, Jan. It makes my day to see a new chapter up.

Chapter 9 is up, my dears!

Dear Jan, allow me to compliment you on the harmony between style and content, in this story as in all your others, and how beautifully you know how to evoke the era. Such a pleasure to read you.

Renée

Poor poor Darcy.
I suppose they did not know that the Bingley relations would be at Netherfield. It doesn't make for a nice visit.

I love the way that you munipulated your story so that Elizabeth and Darcy have to share a room, bravo to Bingley for making it so. I wonder if Elizabeth realizes that she is in love with Darcy or is she just holding back because she thinks he loves another?

Caroline - Gah! It's good to see Darcy uphold his wife in the face of the nay-sayers.

Gosh, Jan, what a beautiful chapter!

It felt so smooth and nice, after the anguish of the previous ones. I absolutely loved how both D and E put up a united front and how protective he was of her. For once, he was very supportive about Fan, as well.

And so well written too! I'm well aware that quality in writing is the norm in your stories, but I have to say that the Netherfield scene with the Bingley sisters is a masterpiece.

And forced intimacy to the boot! I feel sorry for poor Darcy, but I do relish those forced scenarios

Brilliant!

They're starting to understand each other and she's apprehensive but warming upto him.

"Ah, Caroline, I mused, if only there were a man for you. How much easier your brother's life would be; in truth, how much easier all our lives would be."

It's the truth isn't it. Caroline Bingley! She is one woman i hate with might.Lady C makes noise and idle threats but Miss Bingley is vile and a shrew.

I felt so sad thinking about Mr.D's plight. He wants her, desperately loves her and wants to take care of her but she has no idea! Hang on Darcy, when she realises that you love her she is going to soothe you and take away all your pain.

I have one question though.Will Mr.Darcy get to experience another "Hunsford"?

Thank you. That was a wonderful chapter.

So glad to see our favourite couple are going the right direction so far :) Their support to each other in Netherfield is heartening. But poor Darcy, has to suffer from sleeping so close to Elizabeth
Look forward to what you have planned for ODC, Jan! Thanks very much for another wonderful chapter.

Unfortunately, Darcy had to go back to Meryton and face the Bingleys but as luck would have it, he gets to share a room with his lady love.

Glad to see he defends Elizabeth in the face of such advesaries as the Bingley sisters.

Irene
GRC

I was thinking, there goes Elizabeth yet again trying to save the Bennet household. Can't they do anything w/o Elizabeth? I feel Mrs. B is always so selfish, just thinking about herlself while Mr. B is ill, she could be tending him to get well intead of wailing and screaming and making things worse. Darcy could have refused, but he didn't. I hope Lizzy can see that he will do anything for her and give him some credit.

They were able to put a united front against the Bingleys and Hursts but I know a Hunsford-type confrontation is coming when Elizabeth finds out Darcy's duplicity in the Wickham affair. I'm anxious as to when that will happen which I'm assuming it will be soon.

And speaking of Lizzy, one word comes to mind: jealousy. I believe she is jealous that Darcy 'supposedly' loves another which is why she is so indiferent to him. Stupid Elizabeth for thinking that and stupid Darcy for not telling her it is she the one he loves.

He could say that he loves her, and then she could respond she loves him too, and that would be the end of all problems...but then we wouldn't have a story, would we Jan?

I just love you story, I love how you write, I love how you describe the struggles that Darcy goes thru (being his POV), I love how misunderstandings and issues arise by the mere fact of "lack in communication". It is as simple as that..no matter how much there is love, if there is no communication between a couple, it never works.

I just love it Jan!

Oh, and I loovved the giant pillow between them. Guess, for Darcy, it was the biiiiggggesttt pillow he had ever seen. That was funny!

First marriage proposal - disaster,
accusation that she run away with W - another disaster,
second marriage proposal - he said that he doesn't have romantic feelings toward her, that woman he loves doesn't love him - again disaster.
Bingley praised him for his "sacrifice", if she heard that...ughhh
So, how can she show any feelings toward him? I wouldn't.
Well, he defended her in front of the Lady C and as a couple they stood together in front of Caroline, but it is not enough.

Very beautiful story.
Thanks

“I have not forgotten. You said the woman you loved did not love you. Surely, you cannot help but regret that.”
Well…he may have forgotten he said it but of course she hasn’t forgotten! It’s why she thinks he will resent ever marrying her and taking her sister’s child into their home…It’s why she is so closely guarding her own feelings because she saw what happened to Jane when Bingley left and she doesn’t want to have to suffer as she did.

Was there someone, Elizabeth...is there someone else?”

Her eyes widened at my question, and she quickly looked away. “My family’s position during the two years past has banished thoughts of marriage for any reason, much less the luxury of love. Besides, I have married for love.” I sat up straighter. “I love Fan, and because of you, she now has a home.”
Does he really believe she loves Wickham?

She looked up at my words. “My dear? That is what my father calls my mother. I suppose we are becoming an old married couple.”

I smiled as she hastened up the staircase. Not quite, Elizabeth, not quite.

Ohhh…Elizabeth is so naïve! I wonder if Darcy realizes just how naïve she really is?

“That is selfish of you, Darcy,” Bingley said, while Caroline turned away, her countenance more embittered than before.
I’d say that Darcy better caution Bingley to take charge of his sister before things get too far out of hand! Caroline intends to do as much harm as she possibly can.

Knowing we were married, Bingley assumed that we would share the spacious suite, for it was certainly adequate for two people, two people who were man and wife.
LOL! This just struck me as rather funny! I didn’t think Bingley capable of thinking that far ahead…or did he?

“Also, we must consider that not only Bingley will hear that we prefer separate rooms,” I said carefully, “but also Mr. and Mrs. Hurst…and Caroline.”

Awareness swept over her countenance.

“That...would be unfortunate,” she said slowly.
At this point I really was snickering rather loudly…my poor husband wondered what was so funny. The sight of these two talking and avoiding the subject was just too funny!

Now, if only I could bring myself to leave that pillow in its place!
Oh Darcy…I pray you do!! I think these two are becoming a little more comfortable with each other. Darcy is finding out that at least away from him, Fan is pretty well behaved…he obviously hasn’t made the connection that ‘the child’ is reacting to his dislike in the only way she knows how. And I love the united stance as a couple against his relations and even against the likes of Caroline Bingley and Louisa Hurst. Somehow, I think that this united front will be tested again and again because I doubt if the Bingley sisters are through, yet!

I know she did not read it, however, for as I took a turn about the room, I saw that she held it upside down.
I was rolling on the floor laughing after this. I wanted him to bring it to her attention to see how she reacted when she realized what a fool of herself she was making! LOL!

I could only dream, and mercifully, dream is what I finally did.
And I hope they were pleasant dreams in which he told her of his love!

This was very interesting….each is willing to do what they can to make sure that gossip from the likes of Caroline Bingley and Louisa Hurst doesn’t happen. Their actions and their responses to Caroline and Louisa are doing nothing but surprising each of them…but frustrating the Bingley sisters and Caroline in particular.

So…do Caroline and Louisa know that Bingley is there to ask for Jane’s hand…and what is taking him so long to get it accomplished!

And what of Mr and Mrs Bennet? Is Mr Bennet really that sick and why would Mrs Bennet think that she would be turned out in the hedgerows with Darcy as a son-in-law? Something more is happening I fear. And yet…through all of this…Wickham is still out there and we know that he isn’t done with Darcy, yet!

Oh Dear…having to stay beneath Bingley’s roof with the likes of his sisters is not conducive to good marital felicity. And Darcy did promise her
“I shall never allow anyone to speak to you that way again.”

Well…he is trying to head off Caroline, but if Mr Bennet is sick for too long, I suspect Caroline will manage to arrange many situations or conversations so that she can speak to Elizabeth in just that way!

I see trouble ahead from the Bingley sisters and Wickham…but will it serve to bring the two of them closer in order to combat it? Oh let it be so!!
Jan, I love this story so much. You build a scene and I just fall into it and can’t get enough! Can’t wait to see what the morning brings! Love, Love, Love it!

Jan, thank you for the new chapter. I loved it.
I was proud of Darcy when he took the time to help ease Elisabeths' feelings after the harsh words of Lady C.
I was so glad to see Darcy and Elisabeth acting as a front towards Caroline and Louisa. And I thank Bingley for putting them in the same rooms.
But I'm afraid that trouble is waiting round the corner. I hope it won't be Caroline who will find out the news of the encounter between Darcy and Wickham. She would really enjoy telling that to Elisabeth.
Oh I can't wait for the next chapter to arrive. I hope Darcy has delicious dreams in the meantime.

Beautiful chapter, Jan. Just beautiful!

I love how Darcy & Elizabeth played along with each other in front of Caroline. That was nice!

I think the nurse is a good idea. She can teach Fan to behave with being mean to her.

Thanks for he up-date Jan, and thanks for making Lady C go away!

Love that they are to share a bed. Poor Darcy. LOLOL

I do like that they are at least behaving better towards one another-- and that he defends her.

Looking fwd to the next posting!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last chapters. Your writing in 1st person is very good. It really gives readers the opportunity to read this enigmatic man's mind.Also, you have approached the subject of the marriage in name only, which is otherwise quite repetitive, in a brand new way. Very refreshing. But then again, you have always given perfectly lovely stories. Cant wait for next chapter. Thanks

Caroline being so quiet and benign after Elizabeth left the room is quite out of character for her.

I'm hoping we'll find out what's wrong with Mr. Bennet soon, especially as he's pulled D&E back to Meryton. I was looking forward to them settling into Pemberley, finding a routine, and getting more comfortable with each other.

Toss the pillow, Darcy!

I can't wait to see how they awake in the morning?

Geri

Thank you, everyone! Some of your comments made me laugh out loud. Several of you mentioned a Hunsford scene in Darcy's future, and I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Right now, though, he's happy, so I'll let him enjoy it.

My dears, I'm a bit late. Switched to iMac recently and didn't have Office yet. Now I do, and the first thing I did was posting Jan's new installment. Enjoy!

Chapter 10

Jan H- what a great story I love it!! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Another great chapter Jan, the barriers are starting to break down.

“There now, does my state of undress meet with your approval?”

One more touch—” Taking her hand, she mussed my hair, causing it to fall across my forehead, and then she laughed. “Now, the servants will see that we are both, indeed, in need of assistance, and all will appear natural between us.”
This whole sequence just made me laugh...And then...the final touch...the pillow thrown on the chaise! It seems that working together to put up such a front for the Bingleys has served them well. They actually work quite well together! Nice way to start the day!

By the time I got to the superior sisters going over the stile I was almost rolling on the floor! Caroline wanting Darcy’s assistance…Louisa squealing...all the talking and noise! I’m sure the guys were ready for some target practice on some feathers of a different kind!

Stooping down to her level, I attempted to speak in a softer tone. “There now, do not cry. All is well.”

I stared in unbelief as she held out her little arms to me. “Up, man,” she sobbed.

Rather surprised that she did not even know my name,
Why should she know your name...you have made it quite clear you want nothing to do with her. Children are quit sensitive. They know who wants them and who doesn't.
And I can just see this scene...Darcy trying to talk logic to a small child. He says 'aunt' she says 'mama'...he says 'aunt' she says 'mama'! Wonder if that logic thing worked with Georgiana at that age?

“One cannot blame her for searching out the strongest reminder of you.”
OMG...was that a hint of...tenderness...care...approval for the child? Wow!! Impressive Darcy...most impressive!

“It is just that I never thought to hear any child call you Mamá but mine.”
Gee...I wonder if he will ever refer to his own children by their names...I don't think I've ever heard him refer to Fan by any name other than 'the child!' What did this child ever do to him? He had better get over blaming Fan for Wickham's deeds soon...or he will never have a happy home.

To this, Elizabeth turned and faced me. “What is this? You find some of my connections worthy?” With a smile, she turned toward Bingley and raised her eyebrows, while he simply laughed.

Excellent! He so deserved that!

These two are taking such small steps. And I can't wait to see what Caroline will try next! She is such a twit! She has no shame or pride at all...she's going after another woman's husband for goodness sake!! Isn't there a name for women like that?

Oh Jan...I'm loving this story so much and can't wait for more!

Jan! You make monday a happy day. Thank you very very much!
I like the way Darcy is softening to the girl.

Yes, yes, a softening Darcy. I'm glad he thought thru
his idea about being in the bedroom with Lizzy and she took the matter in hand.

Darcy and Fan, she wanted to be conforted and Lizzy scent does it for her and Darcy too.

Irene
GRC

A most satisfying chapter

I certainly hope that Lizzy will show more appreciation to Darcy now he's beginning to warm up to her family. So glad to see ODC are doing their best to put up a perfect marriage, and enjoying themselves in the process

The little scene betw Fan and Darcy was quite endearing. If only Elizabeth has witnessed it.

Thanks for the story, Jan! Look forward to the next weekend

It seems that both Elizabeth and Darcy are trying to get along; whether subconciously or not, it's a moot point. At least it is a beginning. They do work well; hopefully they'll realize it sooner rather than later.

For some reason, and some might not agree w/ me, I feel Darcy is right. Fan should call Elizabeth "Aunt", though I do understand Fan only knows one mother and that is Elizabeth. Nevertheless, I think Fan should be aware that Lydia was her mother thus honoring L's memory, honoring the woman that gave her birth. It was very amusing how Darcy and Fan were going back a forth w/ "Mamma" and "Aunt Elizabeth".

Darcy's scene w/ Fan was sweet. Maybe Elizabeth should go away more often and give them time to know each other. If E is not there to distract Fan, perhaps she will start feeling more comfortable w/ Darcy. Fan just needs/wants love and guidance. Darcy should start calling her Fan instead of "the child" and maybe Fan will start calling "Uncle Fitz" or something similar. They have something in common: their love for Elizabeth...and that might be the catalyst that helps the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

As always Jan, wonderful chapter but...I have a feeling this the calm before the storm.

Another excellent chapter. Thank you. Glad things are getting warmer everywhere, but I cannot help bracing myself for more angst in the near future, am I wrong?

The trip to Meryton seems to be doing both Elizabeth and Darcy some good.

Elizabeth's interactions with Darcy in the bedroom surprised me, she was relaxed and teasing in what Darcy thought would be an tense situation. Good for her!

Darcy with Fan surprised me, too. Even if he's a bit awkward, he's still gentle. Fan doesn't have a name for him ... yet. Let's see what she comes up with. I know what I'd like her to call him.

Can't help but hope that they get to a point where some their feelings can be openly expressed. So far, they're mainly going on impressions. Love how this is developing, Jan! Thanks for a great chapter.

Very lovely chapter.

thank you

Have just discovered your website from a hint on DWG, and look forward to reading lots more. Loved this last chapter of The Child - yes, hope Elizabeth does soften from Darcy's appreciation of the Gardiners.

Is it curmudgeonly of me to say I see Darcy's point of view about what Fan calls Elizabeth. There's no reason Darcy and Elizabeth can't act parental, but Fan is neither their adopted nor biological daughter, so wouldn't it be even odder if she did call them Mama and Papa? Won't they be telling her about her mother? Nothing wrong with being brought up by an aunt and uncle. Plus it gets complicated if she calls Elizabeth mama and doesn't call Darcy papa. Do you see what I mean? Why not transparency and honesty from the beginning?

Thank you, everyone, for all your comments! I'm glad you are enjoying a bit of fun as a break from all the angst. As to what Fan calls Darcy and Elizabeth, the child will probably make that decision. Never fear that Darcy's problems are over. Just like in real life, they always seem to be hovering around the corner.

Jan H
Thank you, everyone, for all your comments! I'm glad you are enjoying a bit of fun as a break from all the angst. As to what Fan calls Darcy and Elizabeth, the child will probably make that decision. Never fear that Darcy's problems are over. Just like in real life, they always seem to be hovering around the corner.

Or in the case of Wickham...slithering around the corner??!!

Jan H
As to what Fan calls Darcy and Elizabeth, the child will probably make that decision.

I am glad you take my view of it Parents and guardians can teach a child to say aunt and uncle, but the words that come more quickly to one so young as Fan are Mama and Papa (or Dada, depending upon the culture.) The role of mother and father are, I daresay, primal. Fan will have time to learn who Lydia was and who Darcy and Elizabeth are -- whatever the words she uses, I suspect the feelings she has for the roles and the way they play them, are not something that can be taught.

A rose by another name is still a rose.

Thank you for this wonderful story. I can't say I'm pleased with Darcy's behavior at the moment. He is being very insensitive towards Lizzy's and Fan's feelings. And he doesn't even notice it. I absolutely understand our dear girl's insecurity and hesitancy. He told her he loves another woman - a woman he can't have. What is she supposed to think? That her husband is in love with a married lady? Or a woman of even lesser social status than herself? This Darcy really has no emotional intelligence. Typical male. And so very annoying. Lol.

I'm so happy because we will get a new chapter very soon. Just like all your stories, this is so much fun. By the way, congratulations on publishing An Arranged Marriage and The Journey. Very exciting news. I will definitely order my copies. Love those two stories.

Oh please, please, please let something happen between E and D while Fan is with the rest of the family. Even if it is something small. Thank you for this wonderful story.

Chapter eleven is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Well, I certainly feel sorry for Darcy, he is trying and it is taking a toll on him. But hopefully Lizzy will appreciate all his hard work, at least he got a kiss!

Even Maggie got a man!

Irene
GRC

Reaching forth, she placed her hand upon the pillow, and slowly I dared to place mine over hers. When she did not protest or attempt to withdraw her hand, I raised it to my lips.

“Happy Christmas, Elizabeth.”
“Happy Christmas, William,”
And that’s all it took to make him happy!

Mrs. Bennet waved her hand as though to dismiss her daughter. “Oh, well enough. He is not near as sick as he pretends to be.”
So…is he pretending to keep Lizzy around or is he truly sick? Interesting!

Had to chuckle…Caroline must spend Christmas Day with Mrs Bennet! LOL!

“What about Fan, Mamá?” Elizabeth said. “She remains at Longbourn. Will she not bother our father with her noise?”

“Oh, little Fan shall be well attended. Maggie is there to see to her, and you can come home with us afterwards to fetch her.

Oh dear…I don’t like the sounds of this! Wickham is still out there!

I echoed and then cast my eyes upon the child. “Well, young Fan, have you had a busy day?”
My gosh! No wonder Elizabeth was surprised and poor little Fan clung to her. He had never addressed her by her name before!

Well…that was a spoiled scene…I had to chuckle at Darcy on his knees to help Fan say her prayers and then he had to spoil it with
Typical of Wickham’s child!
Oh great...that's all he can see! Lord Darcy...take the blinders off!
“Mean man,” the child said between sobs.

“Maggie man.”

Oh No!!!!! Does this mean that she is talking about Maggie’s man being a mean man? Yikes Jan…I don’t like the sounds of this at all, especially since I am now, pretty sure that Maggie’s man is Wickham!!

Oh Jan, I just love your story! I have started doing a re-read on all of them. I'm lovin it!

Anxiously waiting for more even though I know it's probably gonna send me diving for a pillow behind the sofa! Thanks for another great post...and at least Darcy got a hand-hold and a kiss! I have a feeling he's gonna need them after Lizzy finds out what he has done!

Hi Jan,
Well, there is no way Wickham is going to be out of the picture. He thinks Darcy has cheated him out of money again. I hope his intentions are not to steal Fran (his own daughter) and put her up for ransom. But I have a bad feeling that he was the 'mean man' that Fran was refering to.

It is good to see Darcy and Elizabeth becoming closer yet it's rather ashame that their non-communication of their feelings puts them in an awkward situation. They both desire the same thing, yet neither knows.

I do feel for Darcy having to put up with Mrs. Bennet. It must be really embarrasing for Elizabeth to have her husband subject to such mascinations.
Wonderful chapter.

1 2 3 4