Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jan H - The Child

Lovely wedding night. It has always been a trade mark of yours to leave your readers with a sweet last image rather than a heated one, and for that I admire your writing skills even more. It is very difficult to convey such sweetness where ladies generally expect more action and still leave your audience absolutely satisfied.

Also, you have successfully provided entertainment at very regular intervals, which allowed us readers to count on finding a new delightful chapter every Monday morning, a great way to begin Mondays. Hats off for that too.
Thank you again and again. Love your stories. Please never park your plume.
Hugs
Malena

Hi Jan. I HEART this story! Wonderful job using Darcy in the first person. I will now miss reading your chapters every Monday. Hope there are more wonderful stories ahead for us. KC

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Jan! Thank you so much for another great story! I hope you have some ideas for more.

Wendi

Jan, you did it again. What a wonderful, complex, surprising, and suspenseful story! Thank you for sharing your creativity and writing prowess with us!!

"You have done more than I expected with the child," Lady Catherine said before she prepared to board her barouche. "When I return, I will examine her again. Do not disappoint me."

Tears actually came into my eyes at this. It's a strange thing to say about a story that is chiefly Darcy/Elizabeth but this... snippet of Catherine and Fan was, to me, the 'heart' of the story.

it's a lovely lovely story! i've been lurking and reading and i wanted to thank you for sharing the journey with us! i especially love that bit where lady cat softened on young fan...

Such a beautiful ending! I can't believe another one of your stories is completed. I'm thrilled to read that everything is resolved, but I just love your stories way too much to want them to end. Thank you so much, Jan, for treating us with another one of your masterpieces!

Thank you for sharing your gift with us. The Child was a lovely story from start to finish granted some very rickety roller coasters you took us over but wonderful all the same.
Geri

BRAVA!! But you do realize since you spoil us so with your fantastic stories-- we are as ever, anxiously awaiting your next. Do say you have more ideas in the wings...

Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for supporting me through this story. Your comments kept me going at times when I wondered how I could. I've been away from writing fan fiction for a few years now, so it wasn't easy coming back until I heard from you. Then I felt like I'd never left.

I must thank my wonderful betas, Debbie S and Linnea Eileen. They cleaned up my punctuation, corrected my non-existent Regency knowledge, and told me when my ideas weren't working, and did it all with a smile. I owe them so much.

And to dear Renee, who provides this beautiful site and gives me a home for all my stories, I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're all the best!

All I can say is Wonderful, Just Wonderful! Thank you! Bravo, Bravo!!!!!!!!!

another great story, thanks so much, jan, you never disappoint!

Jan, congratulations on finishing yet another wonderful story. I love your very happy endings especially!

Darcy's reluctance to part with his daughter was so very sweet. I loved Lady Catherine giving art lessons and her change of heart.

Seeing the Darcys still happily married so many years later was just lovely. I will re-read this story with pleasure!

Your stories are always so wonderful to read. I've greatly appreciated The Child. It is as well written as all your other stories! Please, let us enjoy your talents again soon! Thanks, DLSchickel

Elaine, Michelle, Lucy and DL, thank you for your very kind remarks!