Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Thank you so much for this chapter. I am so glad to see them stewing in their own juices and wanting the other so badly! I am hoping for the reunion next (please).

At this point, I am sure their reunion will be like lightning striking. The both have so much static electricity built up!

All I can say is "HAPPY NEW YEAR" !!! This is also a belated Christmas gift as well ...

Thank you, Tanya, as well as Renee for the story and posting!
Great job of writing about the two lovestruck fools! I really thought he might go all the way with Valerie. I hope Mr. Darcy, Sr. will trick the two of them into making-up. What are meddling parents for anyways! Friends too! Sounds like Lord Gregory may have a something up his sleeve to! Can't wait for another chapter. Your stories can be re-read more than twice

Dearest Renée, dearest Tanya!
Oh, how I waited this new chapter! Now the slight pressure in my chest is not leaving...
I can not think about anything else but the two foolish, hurt lover!
Thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift!

OoOoOohhh Dear!!!! Will the misunderstandings ever end? I agree with a little of what everyone is saying. I feel bad for both of our characters - but elizabeth chose to believe a stranger/note from stranger over her husband (angst producing part is that the note was kinda true) and her husband is not able to have enough trust in her to share what he's holding back - alternating between desire (she's my wife) and companionship (she's too young/not important enough to know). I do sincerely hope that old Mr. Darcy steps in and that Lord Gregory gets to meet someone nice (that shadow across his face has me worried - where will that go?) Thanks for the new chapter - it was greatttt - i love your writing Tanya!

Here's hoping for another chapter soon! happy new year!

Dear Renée, dear Tanya,
Well it's official, this year Christmas was on the 28th of December!!!
This chapter was the best present this year! I'm not sure if I can handle more angst though...

So very happy to see an update to a most favored story, Tanya. You've made my Yule/New Years very happy!!!

I was hoping that Darcy wouldn't succumb to the lust monster with Valerie. She totally knew what she was doing in the gardens. What a relief that he knew (even in a drunken stupor) that she was not the one he wanted to be with. She was not the person he craved.

Bravo to L. Gregory and his handling of the letter. Who sent it? What a true gentleman! I do think he harbors a bit of amore for our dear lizzy....

It's so awful that these two are apart. I hope the next chapter will be a "Pemberley" for them.

What a wonderful surprise! Thanks Tanya!! Like everyone else, I'm glad he didn't subcumb to temptation, but How much more angst can I stand before they get together?

Tanya

Thanks for that marvelous long chapter.

We can be grateful that Darcy couldn't give in to Valerie's charms. I do think that it may take some intervention for Darcy and Elizabeth to finally come together--right now they're at a stalemate that can hardly be resolved if they never speak to each other. I have more sympathy for Elizabeth since she's only 17 years old and never had any experience of seeing what real married life was like (her mother having died so early). Of course, she can be faulted for taking Wickham's word over her husband's--that is stupid, if she could only realize it. It's regrettable that Darcy didn't have the courage to ambush her while she's still at Pemberley. Or perhaps this could yet happen?????

Somehow, I feel that the resolution won't happen so quickly, since you're just beginning to develop the plotline for Jamie and Malvina in India--and they have to have time to get back to England, which would take months. Ah well, I guess that just means more of this intriguing story to enjoy! Poor us!

Thanks for this End of Year gift!

Margaret

Tanya your back . Lizzy and Darcy swepted me with such a ray of emotions I was left bedazzled. You have definaltly not lost your abitity to keep your readers attentions and emotions. Oh Lizzy and Darcy what is to become of them to wait so long, how will they be able to hold up. I'm not in there shoes but I can feel there pain, oh so real it does feel. To come so close to being in each others arms, and Darcy just standing there staring as Elizabeth goes by, what pain. And then when he got so inebriated not being able to control hisself with Ms. Degas his hands and his lips all over her, I was coming completly apart not only with sadness but with anger for Lizzy, Darcy and Valerie.
I do believe though that Lizzy is growing more and more into a woman and thank goodness she is in the company of the Gardners. I think she is getting closer to the realization that Darcy is a very special man, (especially after her remembrances of her time at Longborn with Darcy), A man that all of us ladies have come to love so much and our husbands to be so jealous of.
Tanya thank you so much I have really missed your lovely way of writing and this truely beautiful story. I, along with everyone else, look forward to L & D reuniting, but please don't get in a hurry to end the story there for we would like to here more about Lizzy's brother Jamie and his relationship with Malvina, and of course the fait of the Colonel, the oh so handsome Colonel and the picture Eli has etched of him into my mind.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Hope to her from you soon Tanya
And a BIG THANK YOU to Renee also for posting "Strange Bedfellows"

Well, well, well, who wrote that letter? I read the last chapter as well, just to refresh things in my head, and it all is flowing so well, so glad you're at it again - your writing is so well done, Tanya, it really is, you are very talented. It's smooth and seamless, perfect for the time and the moods and settings are evocative and a pleasure to read. I'm sorry for these two, if only, if only. Lizzy's memories at Longbourn were so poignant and painful - I could feel so well how heartsick she must feel. And thank you for not having him actually bed Valerie (but I do want to know who wrote the letter!)

Thanks so much, you've sucked me back into this again after a long hiatus! More! More!

Julie

Thank you for the wonderful chapter, Tanya. Of course it leaves me sad to think E & D just seem to keep getting farther apart but I am still enjoying the story very much. I think Wickham had someone write the letter for him. I hope to see Elizabeth enjoy her time at Pemberley and am glad she has someone she can trust like Alex. Thanks for the update and Happy New Year!

Oh thank you, thank you Tanya, this is one of my favourite stories ever, you write so beautifully. I am always so moved by this story.

Poor Elizabeth and Darcy, though I love her, I want her to realize how much she has wronged Darcy and I want him to see that he must trust to be trusted.....oh how I long for more.

I can't wait for the next chapter....oooooh the angst, the passion, the worry, the hope.

Chapter 26 - groan.... WHEN will the two of them stop and just get together to talk??? I am so glad for Gregory here, the voice of reason for the two of them. Please don't stick Gregory with Caroline Bingley or Valerie!! But why did Gregory think he was lying about Darcy's fidelity to Lizzy? And why didn't Darcy tell Gregory that he slept on Valerie's sofa? Grumble....

BTW, I am still waiting for Wickham to get killed.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the chapter posted. I just reread many chapters last week. What great timing!

I think Elizabeth has grown up esp if you based on it this line in the chapter: She squirmed inside, a sudden warmth in her belly causing her to squeeze her thighs together as well.

Greatness!!!

I do think that Wickham and Valerie may be in agreement. I wouldn't trust her. Look at her profession.

I also wouldn't trust Gregory. I am not certain why but I just didn't trust that ending.

I really don't think L&D will get officially back together for awhile so I am in agreement with Margaret F. We have Jamie and his possible love plus I don't think it will be resolved until after Mr. Darcy's death and the annulment decision is reached.

This story is wonderful Tanya and I can't wait to read the future chapters!

Welcome back Tanya, and thank you ever so much for making our Christmas wish come true. What a wonderful chapter to read even though it leaves even more unresolved. Can't wait for Elizabeth's visit to Pemberley. Is there even the slightest chance that Darcy might stop by and run into her? Pretty please? Your fans are breathlessly waiting for the next installment. Thank you, thank you.

OK, I've finally had time to read it! YIKES! Tanya, this is an amazing story, and I'm just going nuts. I want to shake some sense into Darcy and Elizabeth. Thank you so much for the new chapter! I can't wait for the next one!

Tanya,

Thank you for a new chapter to this wonderful story! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and can only hope that Darcy rushes back to Pemberley while Elizabeth is still there! I hope you have another chapter to us soon!

Thanks again for not ditching this story as well!

Brandy

I am so happy to have a new chapter. What a a great gift! Thank You Tanya.

Poor Lizzy and Darcy. They are both so stubborn. And Gregory...could he possibly be in love with Lizzy. I suspected it back a few chapters but thought it may just be my imagination but now I'm not sure. I hope he finds someone soon! Who could have written the mysterious letter? Gregory, Valerie ...HMMM I just don't know! Whoever it was, does not want them together. Hope the next chapter bring Lizzy and Darcy together again, or at least in the same room to talk it out. I hope Mr. Darcy does something to bring these stubborn people together again.

Looking forward to another chapter..hopefully in the near future! Thank you Tanya, excellent chapter!

Am I correct in assuming that Lord Gregory is in love with Caroline Bingley (though only the Lord knows why!), while Caroline continues to think she wants Darcy? Those are the scraps Alex is referring to?

I would think Caroline is the one who sent the note--and it is still possible, though how would she know?

I, too, think that resolution won't come as long as Mr. Darcy is alive. I hope I am wrong, however, because I think that he'd like to see both of them happy--clearly they are not when they are apart.

Oh finally! Tanya you have just granted a wonderful gift to us

This is so heartbreaking...so many months of separation! I truly feel for Lizzy (though i still do not understand why she would want to trust Wickham) and was abit worried that Darcy might craved in to lust and revenge. But thankfully he did not fall into the trap !

Lord Gregory is getting interesting, I do believe he truly care for both the Darcys and is trying his best to be a source of support for both of them. The plot thickens, now with the mystery note, who could be the sender?? And when will we know the truth betw Darcy & Wickham's feud? Hope the next chapter is not too far away

OOhhhh! when will the angst end.Tanya you haven't lost your touch. You have put us on the edge of our sit and crying too. Very sad chapter how long this two will be apart. It's heartbreaking. Thank you for posting a new chapter I hope you post the next soon. Happy New Year!

Renée, I appeal to you now... I have reread this chapter many times since you first posted it, and now I have to ask...

Any news from Tanya about the next chapter? :) pleaaaaaaaase?

ohohohoh! you have no idea how happy I was to see there was a new chapter of this story! not to mention how happy I was to read it *_*

it is sooo sad to se them so hopelessly in love but still so proud! guys come on! talk to each other!!!! I can't stand to see them this way

... here waiting for some news! see ya

Hey Gang,
Has anyone given any thought to what the secret is between Darcy and Wickham? I'm sure you have. Do you think it could have anything to do with Caroline or would the timing of their falling out be too far off for it to involve her? I was just wondering as I reread some of the story and the feeling that I get that their is something fishy with her and Gregroy. If you have any thoughts, please share. This story is getting to me. Thanks! Cindy

Cindy

It's been a while since I read that part of the story, but I think the 'incident' between Darcy and Wickham happened when they were in school (before university). It had nothing to do with Caroline Bingley.

People at another site speculated that it had to do with a sexual encounter between them that Darcy was ashamed of--that being the reason he didn't want to reveal it (when it happened) to his father or later to Lizzy. I think his father was told that Wickham behaved badly, but not how. But, this is just speculation. Heavens knows when Tanya will reveal the secret.

Margaret,
I must have missed that forum discussion. I hope that isn't the case, but I have to admit it crossed my mind briefly since Darcy was willing to let her go rather than tell her. I was only speculating about Caroline and that's why I questioned whether it had occurred too long ago for her to have been involved. I can't help feeling that there is more to this Caroline stuff than her just wanting Darcy for herself. Thanks a bunch for your reply. Hopefully we'll be discussing another aspect of this story SOON! Cindy

I love this story, the angst level is killing me! I think that the incident with Caroline has to do with the fact that Darcy was unguarded during Bingley's funeral and called Caroline by her first name. This in regency times might have been tantamount to a proposal or prior to one anyways. It was intimate and simply not done. I think this gave Caroline ideas. Gregory know this, i don't know if his feelings are for Caroline or Elizabeth? He mentions picking up DArcy's leftovers etc.

The secret with Wickham is something i cannot even fathom. Darcy has had a mistress, or several perhaps so the question of him being caught with a woman is probably a moot point. That leaves me nowhere since Wickham is holding this over Darcy's head, so it must be something that Darcy perceives as being wrong, something he did. Maybe is not so much something he did himself but something that is a secret of someone he cares about.

Maybe Darcy fell in love with somebody at university, and Wickham took her and ruined her reputation? That's all I can really think of, but you all have great ideas. Hm...

What happened between Darcy and Wickham was when they were much younger than university--at was it Harrow? Anyway, I wouldn't think that it would center too much around a true love interest since they were probably between 14 and 16. I think it has some homosexual spin to it...otherwise why would he be sooooo ashamed?

With respect to Caroline/Lord Gregory....I think that Gregory is in love with Caroline (why, I'll never know), but Caroline wants Darcy, but can't have him. Thus, Gregory must take Darcy's "leftovers."

Darcy is the kind of man who values honour above all else. I have thought when reading this work that it must have something with that. I thought about a homosexual encounter, too, but I don't think that would be it. I think it has something more to do with Wickham doing something dishonorable and pinning it on Darcy. Or, at least trying to pin it on Darcy.

I'm glad this topic was brought forth for contemplation. It is keeping the story alive while we wait for Tanya to create another chapter.

We know that Caroline is deceptive and that she has assumed an intimacy with Darcy. It is easy to assume she sent the note. At this point there are still so many possibilities. One could truly go wonky waiting for the next installment of Tanya's storytelling mastery!

Thanks everyone for your contributions. It's good to know I'm not the only one out there who is pondering this story. I admit I'm just baffled by several things and I just hope that Tanya posts another chapter soon. Something fishy is going though. Thanks again for imput!!!! Cindy

Amy

The secret issue cannot have been so simple as something Wickham did and for which Darcy was blamed. The text clearly implied that whatever happened was something Darcy was *ashamed* of, which would not be the case if it were a simple evil plot by Wickham. I think it was that evident shame that led readers to speculate it had to do with homosexual behavior. But, as many have said, only Tanya knows for sure and she's being exceedingly coy about letting us in on the story.

As I was rereading some of this story searching for clues, I came across the part in Ch. 4 where Darcy goes to Bingley to ask him to be his second. When he enters,Bingley is writing a billet-doux (love letter). The story says, "Darcy could not imagine wanting to write a billet-doux, ever again." We also know that Darcy eventually feels that he may as well marry Elizabeth. If not her it would just be someone else. He doesn't seem to be to interested in finding the right woman. I know this goes along with marriages of convenience. But, I was just wondering if this could have something to do with the secret. Maybe a girl from the past OR he just can't imagine writing a love letter because he is stuck with Elizabeth. I don't know, I'm just grasping for straws. I'm enjoying this discussion. We may all be greatly surprised when Tanya chooses the let us know the secret. In face, I'm sure we will. Thanks ladies, Cindy

Yes, Cindy--it is all speculation.
I did imagine that perhaps Darcy had a tendré for some young girl and Wickham disgraced her causing her to be sent away or her death or something. I'm sure when Tanya lets us know we will be quite satisfied. She is not one to leave loose ends. Darcy's shame must be connected to Wickham, not just a blackmail. I can't see it being as simple as blackmail.
What is it Tanya????? This enquiring mind wants to know.

It's been so long since I read the early chapters of the wonderful story, but I seem to recall wondering even way back then whether Wickham might have done something immoral to/with Darcy's mother. Disgusting I know, but certainly something that would make Darcy's hate and loathing implacable.

I always sort of wondered if perhaps Wickham had somehow sexually humiliated Darcy which would explain why it would be so mortifying to tell anybody about it and certainly not to a lady, a virgin lady, at that! I could see Wickham doing something like that...cause a wound too painful to share with anybody, a wound too cruel to heal from.

RitaSV I was thinking the same too,
anyway, would someone let me know if Tanya is still working on this one? I been waiting for the next update in god knows how long (i can not even remember when 26 was written, it seems forever)

I really love this story, but if it takes any longer, I will beginning to forget things and forget how passionate I felt about reading this as I once was, I knwo I can always read it again, but it won't be the same once you read it once, every re-reading is different from the before and reading a fresh story is totally different to the second time. weird huh, i'm weird i know

please update soon Tanya, I really like this story <--see what happen? not love anymore

I bet Tanya's working on it, I'm not worried, at all. Patience, my dears, patience! One cannot force a creative process.

This story is so wonderful that I will take a posting any time Tanya is willing to do so! I can hardly believe it's been over a year since I first found this story--every now and then I just go reread it--although the last few chapters are so very painful!

Tanya, hope RL is treating you well, and we look forward to hearing from you...

What a delightful story! Where oh where is chapter 27? Not to be greedy, but please hurry. Thank you so much to a very talented writer. I feel like I am there!

Please update the next chapter of Strange Bedfellows. I been waiting for alsmost a month. Could not wait, yet I can guess what happen next.I am upset of what men( in general ) will act the same as Mr Darcy. And that is the fact that us women could not do much with it at all.

Dear Renée,

it's time for me to inquire after Tanya and her wonderful fanfic... have you any news?
When is she planning to post a new chapter for her hungry readers?
Ok, I will be patient, for a little more while...
Hugs,
Sheila

I to am looking forward to another Chapter. Hopefully it will be soon.

Sorry, girls, I don't have any news to tell you. But I promise I will e-mail Tanya one of these days. Just to know what her fans can expect.

what a wonderful rendition of P&P!!! I love it so much, I can't wait for the next chapter, and the next, and the next!!!

Just to add my praise of Tanya's story - this has me captivated! - how Darcy wooed Elizaberth was sheer magic - the suspense leading to the 'will they won't they kiss' was palpable - I couldn't put this story down once I started reading - was up til the early hours finishing it. Next chapter soon please, please please.
Deirdra

Dear fans,

FYI: Tanya mailed me yesterday, that she's working on her new chapter, but that RL is interfering...

So, we'll need to exercise a little bit more patience still.

Dear Renée,
thank you for the information, at least we know that she is working...
And maybe - as we had a beautiful christmas gift from her - we shal have something for easter !!!

Sheila

What is RL, please?

Plus, very glad to hear the news. I am reading this for the second time and just starting the last chapter. I am a writer too and am studying this as a lesson on character development -- a quite enjoyable lesson I might add.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13