Liberty Bell Chapter #266

Religious, Political or Offensive messages WILL BE REMOVED

Liberty Bell Chapter #266
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PTSD dogs

My objective is to create an avenue for delivering therapy dogs to veterans diagnosed with PTSD. Keyword searchs on the 'Net . . . therapy veterans PTSD dogs . . . have given me reason to believe that I may be able to accomplish my mission. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and genuinely considered. I am not seeking funding in any manner whatsover. My experiences with public funding only leads to more waste of critical resources, i.e., administrative costs, instead of critical support mechanisms becoming actionable. Thank you.

Re: Re: PTSD dogs

The US military service dogs we used in Nam were left in Nam, and killed when no longer needed.

This statement is not entirely true, and misleading. The dogs used by doghandlers, were trained for/with the handler and ONLY the handler. They would have been of no use otherwise. If something happened to the handler, (WIA-KIA), the dog was shot because it was a threat to everyone else, and would not respond to any orders not given by his handler, as was its job.