Religious, Political or Offensive messages WILL BE REMOVED
I am asking for your support for a fellow Vietnam veteran. My uncle owns the Shooter Shop in Philadelphia, PA. He has been in business there for over 25 years. The shop is currently under attack by a group called Heeding gods call. The group is working with Mayor Bloomberg of NY and Mayors against illegal guns. This group is harrissing gun shop owners to sign a "10 point code of conduct" Most of the things on the code are already being done. Mayors against illegal guns is creating a database that would give out personal information of legal gun owners to the data base creators. The federal court as already ruled that this kind of database would be illegal. So if a shop owner signed the code, they would be committing a felony, and leaving the shop owner open to civil suits. Heeding gods call has tryed to harress and extort shops into signing the code, they have put in writing on several websites, If they dont sign we will protest weekly until the sign. The have sent hundreds of letters, phone calls and people coming in the shop to disrupt business.Code of Conduct
RESPONSIBLE FIREARMS RETAILER PARTNERSHIP:
A 10-POINT VOLUNTARY CODE
The 10 points of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership are:
1. Videotaping the Point of Sale for All Firearms Transactions. Participating retailers will videotape the point-of-sale of all firearms transactions and maintain videos for 6 months to deter illegal purchases and monitor employees.
2. Computerized Prime Gun Trace Log and Alert System. Maors Against Illegal Guns will develop a computerized system that participating retailers will implement over time to log crime gun traces relating to the retailer. Once the program is in place, if a customer who has a prior trace at that retailer attempts to purchase a firearm, the sale will be electronically flagged. The retailer would have discretion to proceed with the sale or stop the sale.
3. Purchaser Declaration. For sales flagged by the trace alert system, participating retailers will ask purchasers to fill out a declaration indicating that they meet the legal requirement to purchase the firearm.
4. Deterring Fake IDs. Participating retailers will only accept valid federal- or state-issued picture IDs as primary identification. Retailers will utilize additional ID checking mechanisms.
5. Consistent Visible Signage. Participating retailers will post signage created by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership to alert customers of their legal responsibilities at the point-of-sale.
6. Employee Background Checks. Participating retailers will conduct criminal background checks for all employees selling or handling firearms.
7. Employee Responsibility Training. Participating retailers will participate in an employee responsibility training program focused on deterring illegal purchasers. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership will create an online training system based on Wal-Mart´s training program.
8. Inventory Checking. Participating retailers will conduct daily and quarterly audits. Guidelines will be based on Wal-Mart´s existing audit procedures.
9. No Sales Without Background Check Results. Participating retailers would prohibit sales based on "default proceeds," which are permitted by law when background check has not returned a result within 3 days.
10. Securing Firearms. Participating retailers will maintain firearms kept in customer accessible areas in locked cases or locked racks.
this is one of their slanderous posts,The Shooter Shop in North Philadelphia has been among the top gun shops in the entire country in having guns it sold recovered from crime by law enforcement. According to the ATF, this is a strong indicator of being a source of illegal gun trafficking. Heeding God’s Call has asked the Shooter Shop to sign the Code of Conduct and adopt these responsible practices to save lives by reducing straw purchases. So far, the Shooter Shop has refused, preferring instead to look the other way and enjoy the profits.
Heeding gods call has twisted the meanings of the ATF report, and trust me Larry is not profiting from illegal sales. In fact if he feels something is not right he will not complete the sale. These people use gods name to lie and slander people to push their own agenda.
Another person involved with this is Shane Claiborne, who has been quoted as saying he is proud to be UN-American.
His website is thesimpleway.org.
They have protested in front of the shop on Feb. 20th. I am asking that anyone who is in the Philadelphia area, the next time they protest, to please come out and give your support and show these people that we won't be pushed around!