Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: George Cross Medal

I just wish to thank all the folks, who after seeing my previous request for information, leading to obtaining a Replica of the George Cross Anniversary Medal, took the time to contact me. I received more e-mail then I would have expected, and managed to locate and order from the Company in England.

Thank you all, and especially to this website.

Keep us the great work, and please continue to support the people working on this site.

God Bless.
Joe Borg.

Re: RE: George Cross Medal

Dear Sir,
I was born in Pawla( Rahal Gdid}. I lived there during WW2. My Dad worked at the Torpedo depot { Misida}, during the war he went to Alexandria, Eygpt. When he returned he worked at Kalafrana till he retired. He was awarded the George Cross, but never received it since he passed away before it was officially given out.
I received the Bronze Cross thru the Boys Scouts.
I am retired from the US Air Force after 23 years. I saw action in Vietnam and Thailand in 1963 and 1965 as a flight engineer. I received 2 Air Medals besides numerous ones. I treasure the Maltese Bronze Cross more than anything.
I would love to get all the info. about getting the George Cross to add to my most treasured collection.
Thank you very much.

Sicerely

Robert P.Donnelly

Re: RE: George Cross Medal

Hello Joe, I don't know if you are interested, but I have copies of photographs on sale with E Bay of the 'Award of the George Cross Ceremony'. My E Bay screen name is Ploppy1455
Regards, Paul