Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark Hawkins

I am trying to trace details of my gggrandfather Mark HAWKINS who served on Malta during the late 1800s & I believe may have died there.

I believe he was an engine fitter at the Royal Naval Dockyards at Fioriena where his daughters were teachers also.

His daughter married my ggrandfather Thomas Fenn GODFREY in 1891 in Valletta. Thomas served on HMS Humber & was a freemason on the island.

Does anybody have any ideas where to go next to find whether Mark HAWKINS did die whilst on Malta or when he may have left?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mark Godfrey

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Sarah,

do you have a picture of your g-g-gran's and some basic details as are required for listing in:

http://www.my-malta.com//service/stationed.html ?

Drop me an email along with a few details and pictures you may have and I'll post the listing on our Notice Board for all to see.

Try also: britregiments@yahoogroups.com (a British Regiment message board)

And finally, try your luck searching: http://regiments.org/milhist/uk/uk.htm

I sincerely hope to receive your listing -- even if it's not complete, as long as you have a photo and a name, along with some date/s...

Sincerely

Steve (webmaster)

Replying to:

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on where to start looking for information on my great-great-grandfather who was stationed in Malta in the late 19th century. He was in the British army (regiment as yet unknown) and his surname was Calender. He married a local girl in Malta, and one of their children was Edith Jessica Calender (my great grandmother.)

At the moment I am getting nowhere with this side of my family history and would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks, S.Harrison.

Replying to:

Please post your FAMILY searches here.