Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: ARROWSMITH

Dear Debbie,

it looks like an Annie C (Caroline ??) McKinnon is buried at Ta' Braxia cemetary in Malta. A publication called "Ta' Braxia Cemetary -- A Visitor's Guide" by Alan Keighley, on behalf of Malta's heritage organization "Din l-Art Helwa" lists her as born: 3-12-1898 and (luckily, i should say) gives the following additional information:

C.A.McK (nee' Arrowsmith), b:Engl, eldest daughtr of William Lamb Arrowsmith, former superintendent of Public Works in Mla and of Annie Esther. CAMcK married David Reid McK on 22/6/1855 (with parents' consent, since still a minor). CAMcK's husband was a surgeon with 21st Royal Nth Brit Rgmt and had just returnd to Malta from Crimea (Black Sea). She died of a heart attack at family residence at 36 Piazza Maggiore, Floriana, Malta, on 1/12/1898 (aged 5 and was buried in grave W.10.outer at Ta' Braxia. This book is for you!!!

And on the offchance that it might interest you, there is also an M.F. Mackinnon at the same cemetary. Date of death: 21.9.1926. No other info on this though.

And finally, there is an A.E.Arrowsmith also buried there; born 17.7.1858 (curiously close to Caroline's marriage to David.

Wish i had more! Still, I hope that "http://www.my-malta.com" has been of some assistance -- even if after so much time. We try our best. Please recommend this site to your family and friends.

Steve

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I would appreciate very much any help on finding further information on my 3 x great grandparents.

William Lamb ARROWSMITH, b. C1820, London, Middlesex, England. He married (1) Annie Esther ?, b. C1821, London, d. -Jul-1858, Malta, buried: 17-Jul-1858, Msida Bastion Cemetery, Malta. He married (2) Elizabeth ?, b. 1838, London, Middlesex, England.

I. Caroline Annie ARROWSMITH, b. C1841, London. She married David Reid McKINNON, 22-Jun-1858, in St Pauls Anglican Cathedral, Valletta, Malta, b. 1821, Aberdeen, Scotland, (son of Lachlan MCKINNON (Captain) and Jane REID).

II. Blanche Isabel Harriet ARROWSMITH, b. 8-Aug-1843, Malta.

III. Horace Reginald ARROWSMITH, b. 26-Mar-1846, Malta.

IV. Blanche Mabel ARROWSMITH, b. 19-Feb-1847, Malta.

V. Alice Harriete ARROWSMITH, b. 19-Sep-1849, Malta. She married George William MACKEY, 19-Nov-1874, in St Pauls Anglican Cathedral, Valletta, Malta, b. 9-Feb-1848, London, England, (son of George MACKEY and Sarah Charlotte BURMAN).

In 1849-1954 William was Collector of Customs, and in 1858 when his wife died he was Superintendent of Government Works. Where can I find more information.

There is a possibility of another daughter Ellinor being born in England in 1857. I think that William also remarried Elizabeth Harris SMITH but this is yet to be confirmed.

Many thanks

Debbie Bowdler

Motueka, New Zealand