Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Malta 1962-65

Hi I am trying to trace people I new here when my dad was stationed here. We lived in Jim & Joan flats in Parisio street in Sliema where Chico and Charlie had a boat yard next door (body builders), love to see them again.Also Doris who lived at the end of the street (brother did taxidermy). Mario (special friend) in St Julians who had twin sisters (think one was Maria). Annette Agett. Also Ross White, David Townsend and Sandie Eike from USA. My dad was Len Holder (Taff), worked in RAF Floriana, love to hear from anyone who new him. I went to school in Luqa and my sister was one of the original 's & h pink' stamp girls. Saha

Re: Malta 1962-65

Hi My dad also served in the RAF in Malta from March 1962 to August 64. I don't remember a lot about Malta because I was age 7 to 9. I remember the beaches and the apartment and a trip to Gozo that we took. I also remember an accident we had when a bus hit us and my sister June put her teeth through her lip and bled all over my white dress! My dad is Ed Hay but everyone called him Hank then. Anne Hay

Re: Malta 1962-65

Hi Ann,

Sorry I have only just seen this reply. We must have been here at the same time, where did you live, we were in Sliema. I went to school in Luqa and my sister went to Safi. I now live back in Malta (feels like home). Our family name was Holder, my dad was Len (Taff).

Would love to hear from you.

Karen