Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

Just saying HELLO to anyone from Birzebbuga.

I lived there 1932 to 1951 and went to Australia

Cannot meet you at Pretty Bay cause its too far from here. We lived near the Bus Terminus, St Phillips Street.

Like to hear from you.

William.

Re: Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

Hello BIRZE.,(William)
My cousins lived in Birzebbuga If I remember correctly they also left Malta in 1951, now living in Melbourne Australia. I lived in Sliema. My maiden name was Born. My father's brother was a priest, Father Harry Winston Born.
Any one out there know of the Powell Family from BIRZEBBUGA, I WOULD GLADLY PASS ON YOUR MESSAGES and I am sure they would be very interested and happy to communicate with any one that knew them.
Regards
Marielouise

Re: Re: Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

I cannot exactly remember the Powell family At Bbuga but I have heard the surname.

I think they lived close to the Shell Co. fuel storage depot. Can you please give more names & detail.

Re: Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

Did you know a George Atkins? he was a waiter in Birze? or a Frank Chircop?

Thanks,

Gemma

Re: Re: Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

I certainly knew the ATKINS family

One of them was Willie Atkins. He was a diver. During WW2 and after he did a lot of work on sea salvage boats. He was a big man, very rugged. He had a brother that I know of. During 1992 I met him at Bbuga. Pretty Bay.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone from BIRZEBBUGA - 1930 - 1940 - 1950

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - Willie Atkins would have been my husband's great grandfather's brother. He had a brother - George who died in 1965 and a sister Netta. I don't know of any other brothers or sisters so do you think that it might be someone we don't know about?

Any info that you have would be really helpful. I'm sure that George Atkins was a poiliceman in Malta

Gemma