My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

Hi Victoria,
My name is Robert Donnelly. Was born in Pawla, Halsaflieni St. My uncle Frank was married to Agnes Hockey. They moved to California. The last time I met them was 1963. I was on my way to Sacramento, when I returned from Vietnam. Since then I was assigned to many different bases. My last assignment was in Oklahoma City, where I am retired now. I spent 23 years in the US Air Force. I will be happy to receive from you. My mother was Ascolese too. Frank's sister.
Agnes had a sister named Emily. She too lived in California. Frank had a brother Sam, he lived there too.
I hope to hear from you.
Hoping that you will have a nice day.
SAHHA. Robert

Re: Re: Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

whenever this website manages to connect people (in a good way) it makes me happy. Good Luck guys!

Steve
(www.my-malta.com)

Back in 1946 I worked with te RAF in Malta. I was 16y.

One of my fellow workmates was ASCOLESE. He was an electrician. Cannot recall his first name. He was from Paola. Just guessing in 1946 he was about 30yrs of age. He had blonde hair.

Re: Re: Re: Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

Hello Bill, I read this message to my mother Anges Hockey Ascolese. I had an Uncle Sam (Salvu) Ascolese, my father was Frank (Chick) Ascolese and another Uncle Joseph Ascolese who may fit that your discription. Let's chat some again.

Vicky born in Poala

Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

Hi,

I remeber that back in the early 60's I had friends in Paola whose surname was Hockey. They lived just by the big church.
The mother's name was Gladys and most of the children were boys. We called her the 'sensara' (middle-woman), as she use to find houses for rent or sale at a commission.
They emigrated to Australia and we also went later and had visited them at Sunshine, Victoria. That was some 40 years ago.
So it was the father who was actually a Hockey.

This comes late but hope it helps as if you look for the surname in the Victoria phone directory, and they're of Maltese origin, then its them!

Malti u Kburi (Maltese and proud)

Denis

Hi Denis thanks for your reply. The Hockey Family you refer to are my uncle and aunt. He has passed away in the last few months and she is in a home with alzimers. I communicate with the cousins Joe and Josephine. I am also Maltese and Proud. E me again sometime.

Hi Victoria.

Small world.

I'm sorry to learn about your uncle.
Also about aunt Gladys.

Your cousins' names ring a bell but I cannot remember them and neither would they remember me. It's over 40 years.
However; I've just remembered that they took their car in Malta with them to Australia. Ask them whatever happened to the OPEL they had? Its the name of the car; a German GM make. I think that the model's name was Kadett.

Take care and be proud of your Maltese bloodline.

Denis

Re: Re: Re: Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

Hey Denis
I will ask them about the car thanks for EEEing me back where do you live. Im in California by Disneyland. Bye Bye

Mothers Maiden name: Hockey Fathers Surname: Ascolese

Hi Victoria.

Thanks once again.
But the Opel is probably razor blades by now!

I'm based at the capital city of the hub of the old world; Valletta, Malta in the middle of the Mediterranean. The city built by gentlemen for gentlemen.

Take care.

My daughter and grand girls are planning a trip to Malta, we will let you know when and if you like we can stop and say hello. Bye Bye