Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The "Teapot Inn" Marsaxlokk

In 1955 there was a building in Mxlokk called the Teapot Inn. It is located on the outskirts of Mxlokk on the RH side just before the hill leading to Fort St Lucien. The Teapot was the place where RAF men went to stay for a couple of weeks rather than return to the UK or travel elsewhere on holiday. Opposite the Teapot Inn there is a concrete ramp which leads to the water and it was this ramp which was used when removing RAF Sunderland aircraft from the water. Close to the Teapot Inn a large wooden raft was located in the sea in an area which was used for swimming. The Teapot Inn still exists today and is being used by a Maltese firm for some commercial purpose. Also, if you walk round the headland (as though you are trying to reach Fort St Lucien) from the sea level there is an attractive and natural erosion of the sandstone which has been created over the years (shaped almost like Cleopatra's bath)just at the waters edge. Its not the most accessible of spots and its not many people who ever go there but it can be reached on foot.
I hope this is of interest to you.
I spent many years in Malta and Marsaxlokk was one of my favourite places.

Re: The "Teapot Inn" Marsaxlokk

It's true that most people prefer to visit Teapot inn rather than traveling to Uk and other places on holiday. It has a place for swimming at sea. From the sea level, there is an attractive sight of sandstone. I'm planning on a tour of Italy. For this, I have visited a site that offered me Best Italy Travel Guide at affordable prices. They will help us to make our tour most memorable and enjoyable.