Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for info on my g-g-uncle Dr N Oman married Rosa Darracott

Having just discovered a Malta link to my family I am looking for help in tracking down my elusive Scottish g-great uncle Dr Nathaniel Daniel Isaac Oman who practised medicine for about ten years on Malta before moving to Gibraltar; dying there in 1917.
I have discovered him married to a Rosa Darracott, (born in Trinidad,) The marriage must have been sometime in the early 1880's. He was using the name Dr Neil Oman.
Rosa is buried in the Ta'Braxia cemetery. She died in 1941.
So far I have been unable to find a marriage for them in the U.K. but did discover the birth of a daughter in January 1887 in the London Times. No name given unfortunately but there is a burial, again in Ta'Braxia, for a Jane Darracott Brooke in 1971. She was born circa 1884 in Malta. The coincidence of her middle name makes me think that she may be the daughter I am looking for.
I would like a bit of guidance on whether there are any records of non-Maltese residents marriages, births and the possible later marriage of a Jane Darracott Oman. ?
Rosa's mother and two of her sisters are also buried in Ta'Braxia and I would like to find out too when the widow Eliza Darracott (m.s. Neilsen) moved there from London ?
Her sisters were Eliza Bligh Darracott who died in 1927 and Jane Darracott who died of Diphtheria in 1884.
Any help with my search would be appreciated and if I can help anyone with Scottish ancestry log on to TalkingScot.com

Russell