Return to Website

Don Hayward's Detroit Diesel 2 Stroke Engine Forum

Welcome to this forum, Feel free to ask for information or leave articles of help for other people interested in DD 2 Stroke's & GM 8.2L/GM 6.2L.. I Have Service Manuals for Inline71 - V71 - 53 Series - GM6.2l.. Also Parts Books 53-71-92-110.. Please use REFRESH after posts.. You don't have to remain ANON, if i post from an email etc.,I will use this to start with for your identity protection, then you can change if you wish.. Click on first post of subject to view all not last one, or switch Styles..

Free Java Chat from Bravenet Free Java Chat from Bravenet     

Don Hayward's Detroit Diesel 2 Stroke Engine Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is autoboxing and unboxing in Java?

ava has features that automatically convert primitive data types into their wrapper classes and vice versa.

Autoboxing: Autoboxing is a conversion that automatically converts primitive data types into their wrapper class objects (such as Integer, Double, Float, etc.). The wrapper classes (Integers, Doubles, Floats, etc.) are converted into primitive data types. The Java compiler performs this conversion implicitly. Autoboxing is performed, for example, when a primitive value is signed to an object in the wrapper class. Java Classes in Pune

Unboxing: Unboxing is a conversion that occurs automatically of objects wrapped in wrapper classes back to primitive data types. The Java compiler also performs this conversion implicitly. Unboxing happens, for example, when a wrapper object is signed to a primitive type.

Java 5 introduced autoboxing and unboxing to simplify and improve code readability by eliminating the need to manually convert between primitive types and their wrapper classes. Autoboxing and Unboxing should be used with caution in performance-critical code sections because they can cause overheads due to garbage collection and object creation.