The HEAL Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. Messages containing verbal attacks or threats to other people posting or to HEAL itself will be deleted immediately.  If you are looking for a behavior modification industry survivor forum, please visit: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  Thanks!

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

The HEAL Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A 2 1/2 year menagerie

I can't say I understand everything that's being relayed in this message or poem, like in the first half of the first paragraph, but of course, the overall gist is the same; and everything after "onward and upward" is perfectly clear to understand and relatable for the majority of people who have had to endure incarceration at the hands of the immoral and largely corrupt "troubled teen industry", including myself.

The question is, HOW to HEAL? It's been four years since I was last in a program, I am now 21 years old, still struggling with this question, still having nightmares about these experiences, almost every night. No apology is offered or even an earthly consideration; my mother maintains that I must understand that she had to do what she did, because she loves me, she had no other option, and now everything is good in her eyes. Clearly she is blind to the facts. I have PTSD, anxiety, paranoia, ADD, dissociation disorder, hebephrenia... all speculation, since I was traumatized by excessive and forceful and fraudulent therapy, I'm not so keen on seeking it now. In fact, I am a downright recluse.

The future seems bleak. I have no one, little money, and little faith left in my abilities (to learn, work, recoup/re-acclimate to normalcy, etc.).

These programs do not offer "tough love". It's not love, it's fear. Those are literally opposites. They have opposite frequencies. I now face the challenge of trying to begin my life at the age of 21 and start anew, in spite of the old, and despite the dreams I can't control, and despite my consequential lack of credentials, having been denied the most basic opportunities of our society... now I'm supposed to somehow get back in.

For what it's worth, I hope for all of you to find your peace. Wish me luck.