The HEAL Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. Messages containing verbal attacks or threats to other people posting or to HEAL itself will be deleted immediately.  If you are looking for a behavior modification industry survivor forum, please visit: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  Thanks!

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

The HEAL Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vista RTC Utah School- any stories or reviews??

HEAL received what we believe are Harland/Swede Larson's transcripts from Grand Canyon University. You will find them posted on our site at www.heal-online.org/slarsondoc.pdf. We hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Unfortunately this transcript only shows that Mr. Larson took courses in Grand Canyon University's online PhD program, not that he earned a PhD. GCU does not offer a PhD that leads to licensure as a psychologist.

This does show that Mr. Larson has been falsely claiming to have a PhD for quite some time. Check the dates on the coursework. On this forum alone -- as far back as November 2015 -- he was representing himself as a PhD with "a team of Psychologists and neural scientists:"
http://pub40.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3407841501&frmid=564&msgid=861765&cmd=show

Mr. Larson does not appear confused about his degree elsewhere on the internet, now that he is organizing litigation against GCU for the lack of one:
(see comments posted by Da Swede Larson -- 4 months ago:)

"Fraud and Deception are occurring, the staff and faculty I worked with hugely mismanaged my dissertation journey, leaving me with huge debt, no degree, and even if I had finished the degree, it was not what they outlined at the beginning in my paperwork... meaning the degree would not have been useful in securing employment as a psychologist...[...]"
http://www.challengestudentdebt.com/grand-canyon-university-scam/

***Please use caution when interacting with people requesting information on the internet and vet sources. This is especially important in groups and forums that serve vulnerable populations.

Currently you recognize we have the most effective hack roblox rips off website around, and also you recognize that this roblox hack functions.

nice post
see more

I have thought a lot about concerned's response and ad hominem attack on my character and credentials. I have made no secret about my fight with the University I attended. I did indeed complete the substantial school work as outlined in the admissions paper work at that school to gain a PhD. Not only did I complete the work, all of it, I also did so with nearly perfect scores.I am happy to share those credentials with anyone interested.

Now, "Concerned" calls for us to vet our sources but offers no clear indication of who this person is. To be honest, he sounds like one of the two owners of Vista, the CEO.... Matt Checketts.

None the less the truth of the matter is in fact that my credentials are not in question or even relevant here. The abusive ad hominem attack disregards my argument altogether and simple attacks my person.

Let us get to the crux of the matter, Vista and many other RTC's in Utah are breaking with human right, and what is ethically permissible. They are doing this on the ground as outlined by Angela, and sanctioned by the government in Utah. One doesn't need any degree to see what that the behavior of these social workers is uninformed and abusive. The number of comments that I have from past clients who have undergone this treatment, is telling. I have decided to move forward with the publication of those stories. This will bring to light that since Maia Szalavitz wrote "Hep at Any Cost" little to nothing has changed in the RTC's in Utah.

To the person who had the negative experience & said that the teachers weren't licensed in CA, are you speaking to the Vista rtc in Magna, Utah or the Vista program in California?

I attended Vista in the late 90's. The place was horrific. They practice "shock therapy" ,as well as, isolation. They would put kids on "RO" in which we weren't allowed to speak, embarrass us, scream in our faces for hours, and generally belittle and bully us into compliance. Please do not send your child there to be verbally abused and mentally tortured!! My mind has literally blocked out so much of what happened to me there and in the wilderness program I went too. All I remember is small flashes of what went on, which leads me to believe it was REALLY BAD there!! Like this website says, be sure you can have steady contact with your child, and be able to see th3m very frequently!!

It was more arounderstanding 12 years ago, so 2004 ish...

Rachel,

Thank you for your post, these are precisely the types of posts that will help protect potential future clients from garnering negative life experiences from those claiming to offer treatment for psychological hardship/infirmity.

Dr. Swede

When I was there bathroom breaks were limited to two to four minutes, this place was hell. It was literally the worst experience of my life. I finished my nine month stay there ten years ago. I am a successful well adjusted adult now and have a great relationship with my parents. So no lasting damage for me but I would definitely recommend anyone considering this as an option to make a better choice

Is this in any way related to the old "Vista" program that pre-dated the "AmeriCorps" program? Those are government youth activities that seem also to include a lot of schools, houses, etc.

They were foisted on the public as some kind of domestic "Peace Corps" but they are very shadowy programs, especially Vista. I've met some strange characters who came out of those programs.

I don't want to go off-topic, but I am curious about the name "Vista" in this context.

HEAL has received the police complaint record regarding Vista RTC in Utah. Reported calls include rape, assault, domestic violence, child neglect, and life-threatening environmental conditions. You can download the police calls now at http://www.heal-online.org/vistapolicecalls.pdf.

Can't download the police calls..

The police calls file is over 280MB in size. Are you using a phone or a computer to download? If a phone, you likely don't have enough memory to download that large of a document. You will need to download it from a computer. I'm currently downloading it from http://www.heal-online.org/vistapolicecalls.pdf right now and it is taking some time due to the size of the file. But, it does download when using a system with enough memory.

Says its no longer available or the link isn't valid.

I pulled it up just fine..... make sure you are using a computer: I bet it won't come up on a phone.

I realize this is late to the discussion, however this is the only place on the internet that I have found which deals specifically with this treatment center. To preface, I think it's important to note that I'm currently actively avoiding divulging any personal information for the fear of backlash or being sent back. I think that speaks volumes about the environment.

I have concluded through my experiences that this, like many treatment centers, is a scam. Most of the people who leave relapse, as I've observed by checking up on dozens of people through social media and finding few, few people who seemed to be doing well.

Those who were doing well seem to be motivated by the fear of going back or the fear of being sent elsewhere. I believe that "success" through threats is inappropriate and ineffective.

Please don't misunderstand - Vista is not hell. I have met people (staff and clients) I admire and care about there, and I have felt joy/felt connected in that environment. Still, I believe that the program is fundamentally ineffective.

I would like to hear people's thoughts on this (if anyone is still around this forum) who have shared/witnessed this experience and to see if my observations hold any validity. I can also go further into the hierarchy of the milieu, the imbalance of control, and examples of my own experiences. I can also share positives about the facility as well. \

Thank you for reading.

This program helped saved my son's life. He has been clean and sober for 2+ years. They are not abusive and CBT works if people embrace it. Statistics and our experince prove that!

Anon
I realize this is late to the discussion, however this is the only place on the internet that I have found which deals specifically with this treatment center. To preface, I think it's important to note that I'm currently actively avoiding divulging any personal information for the fear of backlash or being sent back. I think that speaks volumes about the environment.

I have concluded through my experiences that this, like many treatment centers, is a scam. Most of the people who leave relapse, as I've observed by checking up on dozens of people through social media and finding few, few people who seemed to be doing well.

Those who were doing well seem to be motivated by the fear of going back or the fear of being sent elsewhere. I believe that "success" through threats is inappropriate and ineffective.

Please don't misunderstand - Vista is not hell. I have met people (staff and clients) I admire and care about there, and I have felt joy/felt connected in that environment. Still, I believe that the program is fundamentally ineffective.

I would like to hear people's thoughts on this (if anyone is still around this forum) who have shared/witnessed this experience and to see if my observations hold any validity. I can also go further into the hierarchy of the milieu, the imbalance of control, and examples of my own experiences. I can also share positives about the facility as well. \\

Thank you for reading.

Sounds exactly like the Swede Larson dude who falsified his credentials and has been posting here and around the internet posing "Dr. Swede Larson PhD." Please be cautious if considering your personal information.

Unfortunately this post was not written by me, but it does indeed tell a clear story; that story coincides with many that attended Vista, as well as other RTC's in Utah.

Again, we get no chance to "VET" the source of this anonymous post. Do us the favor of researching who you are please, and allow us to make a decision regarding your arguments, which incidentally regard themselves toward the individual rather than the argument being made.

I will state it again for everyone to hear, Vista Treatment center does indeed Visit many terrible and inhuman practice upon the students there. While few find help, many find disappointment, fear, demoralization, inconsistency, and even direct abuse. Those that survive these places do so despite the practices there, not because of them.

Swede Larson
Unfortunately this post was not written by me, but it does indeed tell a clear story; that story coincides with many that attended Vista, as well as other RTC's in Utah.

Again, we get no chance to "VET" the source of this anonymous post. Do us the favor of researching who you are please, and allow us to make a decision regarding your arguments, which incidentally regard themselves toward the individual rather than the argument being made.

I will state it again for everyone to hear, Vista Treatment center does indeed Visit many terrible and inhuman practice upon the students there. While few find help, many find disappointment, fear, demoralization, inconsistency, and even direct abuse. Those that survive these places do so despite the practices there, not because of them.

There is no reason to “vet” my credentials. I’m not fraudulently claiming credentials I’ve never had, claiming to be a psychologist, claiming to be a “full member” of the APA, pretending I have a “research team of cognitive neural scientists,” or claiming I am doing “research” to take advantage of vulnerable people: selling a poorly-written uninformed report to parents of children with disabilities or requesting personal information from people online who may have experienced abuse.

The facts regarding your fraud are quite easy to “vet.” Readers can do so independently. There is no debate or argument regarding your lack of credentials, nor your fraudulent claims.

Your “book” (see comments from verified purchasers):
https://www.amazon.com/Desperate-Parents-reasons-behind-bright-ebook/dp/B01LW6TXLT

Your failed attempt to deceive and market your “book” to parents in a disability support forum, where you were rightfully exposed and then attempted to cover your tracks:
http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33901&sid=edbdf4e7f2dde61bcea9eeb8148e49aa

You have been posting on this forum for at least 2 years under false pretense while soliciting personal information from others.
http://pub40.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3407841501&frmid=564&msgid=861765&cmd=show

You were enrolled in online classes at GCU that do not result in any licensure in anything. This program does not include contact or experience with patients. Therefore you do not and have not had “clients,” or any experience in psychology with patients, and your incoherent descriptions of disabilities and opinions on “what works” are irrelevant. You taught yoga and music at a residential facility? The residents you taught are called “students.”

If you witnessed or suspected abuse at Vista (or any other facility) while teaching yoga, you are required by law to report it to the state of Utah, not profit from it by writing a (yet another) incoherent “report” to sell using others’ personal information you gleaned online. THAT, and aggressively following up on your report, is how you “save the life” of someone who may consider the facility in question. Check Utah’s mandatory reporting laws.

You can’t put lipstick on this pig “ Dr. Swede Larson, PhD “ / “ Dr. Harland Larson PhD ” / “ Professor Swede Larson .” You have gone far beyond violating the trust of vulnerable people.

Again, as I have said several times here and else where, I offer no services to anyone online or in person as a psychologist, psychiatrist, or social worker..... what I do offer is my knowledge of the program in question. I am interested in giving folks more knowledge to protect them from scams like Vista, or other types of programs that are not. My work is an attempt to arm parents with knowledge that will protect them, and their poor children, from these places and their abusive programs. I am not the first or the only person to make claim against this practice of "help at any cost" and I surely won't be the past.

It seems that the only thing you can focus on is my problems associated with the PhD program I completed.... and the abusive ad hominem attacks on my person, and the claim that I am preying on vulnerable people, though I don't know how.... I offer my claims against these programs freely to anyone that has emailed me. I have protected hundreds of poor teens that might be duped by the people at Vista!

Also that you will not allow anyone to get a sense of you, who you are, and where you come from..... you are merely a critic of my attempt to help! I do apologize that you have taken offense, I only want to protect our poor kids from experiencing the emotional hardship of encountering programs that put abuse in the guise of treatment. This was the reason I attended Grand Canyon University in the first place.

Swede Larson
Again, as I have said several times here and else where, I offer no services to anyone online or in person as a psychologist, psychiatrist, or social worker..... what I do offer is my knowledge of the program in question. I am interested in giving folks more knowledge to protect them from scams like Vista, or other types of programs that are not. My work is an attempt to arm parents with knowledge that will protect them, and their poor children, from these places and their abusive programs. I am not the first or the only person to make claim against this practice of "help at any cost" and I surely won't be the past.

It seems that the only thing you can focus on is my problems associated with the PhD program I completed.... and the abusive ad hominem attacks on my person, and the claim that I am preying on vulnerable people, though I don't know how.... I offer my claims against these programs freely to anyone that has emailed me. I have protected hundreds of poor teens that might be duped by the people at Vista!

Also that you will not allow anyone to get a sense of you, who you are, and where you come from..... you are merely a critic of my attempt to help! I do apologize that you have taken offense, I only want to protect our poor kids from experiencing the emotional hardship of encountering programs that put abuse in the guise of treatment. This was the reason I attended Grand Canyon University in the first place.

umm, you DIDN'T complete a PhD program, remember? Another lapse with reality?

I am interested "in giving folks more knowledge to protect them from scams" too.

You HAVE offered "psychological services" in several locations online, posing as a psychologist with a PhD and as a "full member" of the APA. Here's one -- on the sales site of Brain Works, LLC, featuring "Professor Swede Larson," with a PhD and a "full membership" in the APA (which is impossible without a PhD). This is an archived copy which *mysteriously* disappeared online, just like the others:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161110115804/http://braintutoringutah.com/the-brain-works-programs/online-courses/guruauthor/view/1-professor-swede-larson

You also offered to consult with parents and their children in the "author" section of the book you peddle on Amazon, complete with your personal email address, as Dr. Harland Larson, PhD, claiming to have expertise in psychology. This can be seen in the "look inside" feature of the kindle version located above the image of the book (no need to purchase):
https://www.amazon.com/Desperate-Parents-reasons-behind-bright-ebook/dp/B01LW6TXLT

And you sure did try to "help" those parents in the autism support forum -- to BUY your "book" -- directing them to your sales site, pretending to be "Dr. Swede," and stating that you had credentials you did not possess. You were even nasty to them and asked why you should not be paid ("recompense") after originally offering to share if they emailed you personally (creepish). You then deleted incriminating info, but plenty of it was caught when you were quoted in other responses:
http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33901&sid=b902e4a6ec3cbc34decf120da3573949

The only thing I am focused on is your scamming vulnerable people for profit by claiming to have credentials, expertise, training, and professional affiliations that you never had. I think vulnerable people and "desperate" parents deserve the truth.

Are you just entirely blind to the ethical (and potential legal) problem with your ruse? And do you believe that if you just continue to deny and minimize your deception that the facts will change and you will magically become credible?

jesus ******* christ i would absolutely never put my name on here just because of the kind of verbal attacks taking place right now... “concerned” ... more like concerning. honestly it doesn’t matter to me who “concerned” is or what they are claiming. it could be will smith trolling this forum and it doesn’t even matter because regardless of who it is it’s a good example of how the therapists and directors acted just overtly taking consequences or accusations way too far and being far too brashly stubborn to consider where to draw the line. as for me i sincerely don’t give a **** about swedes credentials or anything he’s “claiming” i just know that i trusted him more than 95% of the staff there most of whom just go through their shift ignoring the verbal abuse as if that’s just how people normally treat each other. there was a stark superiority complex existing among most staff members and i only care that i feel like i just found someone who i can reach out to about my experience even if this post is several years old.
i would disprove of any program that uses shock and break therapy. consequently the abuse of power running this place is honestly sickening. i swear to god i would discourage any parent from sending their kid here. i do not think that under any circumstance, that these troubled children—most of whom are struggling with things like trauma and abuse and depression and shattered self-esteem— deserve the level and incessant nature of this programs blatant disrespect towards clients. i ******* cringe at the thought of these people actually making money off of this and it’s good amount— especially adjusted for how cheap it is to live in utah.
so did this place get me to control my behavior? yes. was it conditioned into me by a tyrannical authority using fear tactics and cruel punishments? yes. would i ever endorse or recommend this program to someone based on my experience? hell to the ******* no. y’all got me ****ed up it’s been four years since i graduating and i still have nightmares about being stuck there. i can’t stop picking apart every single action i make and how i deserve the trauma i endure and if i dig deep enough why i’m responsible for my suffering. this program completely broke down my dignity and self-respect and discouraged us from speaking up about unjust practices. if you criticize the program you are punished. if you say anything negative about the programs practices on a phone call the staff will cut the line and you’d probably get dropped a level or some bs. i saw a client defend two others who he felt were being punished for prejudiced reasons and he was shamed by all the therapists in group and put on idk. you get dropped to RO if you accidentally stub your toe and a curse slips out, meanwhile the staff and therapists can cuss at you and say whatever cruel and degrading thing they want to us and everyone witnessing is scared to say anything because they’ll get torn apart even harder. and strange how it seems like the staff members who question or oppose the tyranny end up mysteriously without employment.
still i think the power hunger pulsing through this place is disturbingly predictable. take the idea of the stanford prison experiment, turn the prison guards into psychologists and replace the prisoners with misbehavioral teenagers. i don’t know what else people would expect in all honestly they are making thousands of dollars per day by simply treating clients like they are a case file with endless psychoanalytic possibility while constantly disregarding their feelings as irrational, what would stop them? they did not treat us like people and i would genuinely question the ones who say they would treat their own kids like this. it scares me that places like this exist and can have such disregard for an individuals needs. not sure how you can get a psychology degree and then just ignore things like the basic humanistic principles of maslows heirarchy. i did not feel safe physically and DEFINITELY not safe emotionally as the majority of these experiences were simply dehumanizing and lots of practices made me feel worse about myself than i could have even imagined before this kind of environment. there was no sense of trust with therapists who possessed a very offensive tact. how would this elicit any form of healing? i don’t want to think about this place anymore but the memories and associated feelings are frequent and intrusive and the actual cognitive and affective changes that resulted in me from this environment stem from fear and feeling perpetually powerless and defenseless and stripped of my right to think my own thoughts. i strongly disagree with vistas practices and i believe it’s not a healthy place for anyone to be. i’m not sure how to have any impact on regulations regarding programs like this. i just want their nasty ass facility shut down. not that this post needs anything more just thought i’d sp

what I went through at this mormon run institution has had lasting effects on me. Though I have worked through overcoming trauma from this institution, I feel it is my duty to share a review because if enough people come forward about an abusive environment it does make a difference and it will stop others from being harmed.

I believe Ryan Pepper is trying to help young girls. However, it is ineffective and in fact harmful for some. This method of trying to break young developing girls into submissive, subservient, cookie-cutter people is wrong. Ryan Pepper asked me in an individual therapy session if I thought he was attractive. He berated me in public displays on multiple occasions to prove his assertiveness in front of the other girls, and it was by no means effective for my self-esteem. Though I believe he has genuine helpful intentions, he is rigid in his thinking, he doesn't believe in homosexuality, he doesn't understand that people may exist on a spectrum and one size does not fit all. Overall, the man running this nightmare projects his repressed feelings and fears onto the young fragile girls who's parents money he's taking.

Over the last 10 years have learned a great deal about human physiology and cognitive development- especially in children. Using fear as a means to curb someone's behavior is not effective and can leave people with scars, like myself. I can recognize now after having studied a tremendous amount that my central nervous system was impacted by being at dimple dell. I developed PTSD from their methods of forcing us to clean, yelling at us when it wasn't good enough, punishing us for forgetting small details, body checking us, making sure no clothes could show off our neck or shoulders, reading our private journals and taking them away from us, stealing some of the only things that made us feel free, forcing us to be silent and not speak for weeks sometimes over a month, having large open group discussions where they manipulated the conversation to favor what they wanted, pitting the girls against each other, separating friendships, imposing religious beliefs, placing diet rules on us and scheduling everything we consumed to a T, not allowing us to express our true selves, using shame and embarrassment to break our souls, and convincing us that we were damaged or that something was inherently wrong with us.

The PTSD I have developed from Dimple Dell displays itself when I clean; scrub my floors, sometimes it pops up when I turn on light switches, when I shower ( our showers were timed and if we didn't make the time we would get low points on our point sheets and be punished), cleaning toilets, folding my sheets on my bed, there are certain foods that give me flashbacks as well, and I have reoccurring nightmares still after attending over 12 years ago.

Many truths can exist at once. To deny my reality would also be denying data. This was my experience here. I am a real person who developed trauma and PTSD from this place. It can become harm to inflict this type of damage on young minds. The mormon values that are pushed on innocent minds is damaging and in my opinion, disgusting.

This is a business. They are profiting off desperate parents, and in this day and age most issues with teenage rebellion can be curbed with other methods rather than sending them to a place like this that may potentially cause them life long PTSD.

test

I would love to hear your thoughts, if I have not already!!!! Swedehart@msn.com I promise to keep your information anonymous, and to make sure that the public see's what you have to say along side the hundreds of others I have spoken with over the last few years!

Don't let "concerned" bully your thoughts, those thoughts may save the life of someone who would have attended Vista, before they heard what you had to say!

solver

Now you will get anagram solver online and solve the word game ..

Re: solver

Companions we have posted numerous comparative wishes messages, images and jokes for Thanksgiving day in the past articles about Happy Thanksgiving Day 2017 Celebration. Of course, we have gathered what best suit your style, the vast majority of our perusers have requested something like Greeting content for our loved ones and this is about them. In this Article, we've endeavored to give you the Best Happy Thanksgiving Greetings Sayings Words for Facebook and also Business purposes.
Thanksgiving 2018 images Pictures
Happy Thanksgiving Images
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes

Hi, my name is Paloma, and I am a survivor of Vista RTC located in Magna Utah. I am writing this now as a 23 year old, married with a child, and expecting another one next month. The life I lead today is uncomplicated, but that was not always the case. I was a “troubled teen” and had started drugs- my parents sent me to wilderness and Vista RTC as a way for me to get help. Only help is not what I got. The moment I was forcibly put on a plane by a company called “Crisis Interventions”, my life was changed forever. Here I am all these years later , just so ****ed up over what happened to me. There’s so much that went on I can’t even begin to tell it all today but I will outline some of the abuse I endured.
- I was not allowed to speak for weeks and weeks at a time. This is a punishment called RO (also known as re orientation) where you are not allowed to speak with any of the other kids. If you get caught talking to the other kids, they will also be put on RO. Being a young teenager and not being able to speak for weeks on end would drive me crazy. It was the worst thing they could do- take away your voice. I fought for a long time , tried to engage in small acts of defiance, but after not being allowed to speak for about 3 months I gave up and submitted. You should see my journals and how ****ed up they are. I literally prayed for anyone to come save me but no one did.
- if you try and leave they will strip you down, put you in bright pink scrubs and put you on something called “10 foot” it means you have to be 10 feet away from all the other kids at all times, no speaking and no eye contact. If you are caught looking at a 10 foot you will be dropped to RO. You can speak with your fingers only (1 I believe is bathroom , 2 is emergency, and I forgot what 3 is) oh and a staff member has to be within arms length of you at all times, to watch you ****, shower , dress, everything- for weeks , sometimes even months. My mind blanks out about some parts of vista. Another punishment they use is isolation rooms. I never recall being put into isolation but weirdly enough I have letters from staff reminiscing about how when I tried to leave and was put in the isolation rooms. It was in my graduation letter where this was mentioned- as if this would have been a fond memory or something. I remember the staff member made a joke like “all the fun times we had while you were in isolation” but honestly so much happened that I tried to block out I’m honestly not surprised.
- the way they abuse you the most is with therapy. They make you have 2 hour groups every day. These are INTENSE groups where they force you to feel sad or ashamed about things you don’t feel sad/ashamed about. They make you recount your sexual traumas even if you aren’t ready. They literally force you to cry about situations you aren’t sad about. If your not “beleiveable” enough , they have the group rip you to shreds and say they “aren’t connecting”. If people “aren’t connecting” then you can’t go up levels which extends your stay. I tried fighting and being my authentic self for a while until I realized I would literally never go home unless I played their game. You literally have to go into group and give an Oscar award winning performance, tears , snot the whole nine- about something you literally don’t even feel that way about. I would be “crying” reliving all these sexual traumas that happened to me that I really felt different emotions about , but be forced to only be sad and cry. I would literally be so focused on whether I was believed or not that I got nothing out of the “therapy” whatsoever , except for more trauma.

They train the group of girls to be like a pack of dogs, constantly berating the newer people and constantly telling other girls they “aren’t connecting” in group. This is called “holding others accountable” and it gives you extra brownie points and is necessary if you ever want to walk out that door. The girls will snitch on you for the most minute things just so they can get moved to the next level. I remember after FINALLY making it to a higher level, being dropped to RO because a girl snitched on me for sharing a spoon with my friend. We were eating a banana (separate ones) and using a spoon to put peanut butter on said banana. I was dropped to RO and not allowed to speak for weeks because of that. I’m guessing that because they were super Mormon that they think sharing utensils is like lesbianism or something- I really don’t know. They had a ton of these rules and everything we did was regulated down to the minutes we could shower.

They made us feel ashamed and terrible about ourselves at all time.
I was not allowed to see my parents for months at a time.
All out phone called were monitored and if we started asking for help they would hang up. (Like we literally had someone next to us while we got our phone call there to listen and hang up if you

Your new valuable clues advocate bounty somebody like American state and powerfully larger to my workforce in point structures. With thanks a good arrangement a high notch bargain; from all and differed family.
Mothers Day Images
Happy Mothers Day Quotes
Mothers Day Greeting Cards Homemade

Hey I am a former client of Vista. I was formerly a heroin addict and am currently a college student at Bard college. I have been clean about 3 years now. I feel like many of the former clients I have talked to, aswell as myself have some what similar experiences. None of us enjoyed our stay. But also we recognize how it helped us. The therapists: Jason Seavy and Victor (I forget his last name) both cared about the clients. I feel that their therapy helped me beyond measure. At the same time I think Vista was designed to make money. I think the clients were silenced. We were stuck in small living rooms with 20ish people and It got claustrophobic. I've never felt more trapped in my life. I realize that I felt awful in treatment but also that adversity helped me grow and it also forced me to let go of the person I was. If I hadn't gone there my addiction would still be an integral part of my personality. One of my favorite quotes is from Baldwin's autobiographical notes, He says: "the things which hurt him and the things which helped him cannot be divorced from each other". I have experiences with other RTCs therapeutic boarding schools and woods programs. I do not think Vista is the worst place. In fact so many other treatment places are scams in some form. Vista is wayyy over priced. In that way it is a scam. Matt Chekitz is way to ******* rich off of us. Still I wanted to offer my contact info for anyone seeking information about this place or even if you've decided against it, I would like to help someone chose an effective treatment center. My # is 971 227 1899. Please text before you call so I know you're not a telemarketer. Also pro-tip about choosing an RTC, avoid ranches. Ranches were notorious in treatment for being places where people got jumped and raped.

Many female students having health issues as well as beauty issues. They face acne problems during their young age. I will recommend all of them to use high-quality beauty products like Generic Latisse. Its an online store offering discounts on various healthcare items.