Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Laura's lovely love story...

Yesterday I received a package in the mail that made me very happy: an autographed copy of the book in which Laura N's (the editor of the P&P soundtrack cues) story is part of the compilation of a great many stories that all deal with moments in the life of ordinary people that changed their life forever. It's the second volume of "The Right Words at the Right Time" edited by Marlo Thomas whose father founded the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, Tennessee) and to which all the royalties of the book will be contributed.

Laura's story is a wonderful love story, it put a tear to my eye. It's about a seemingly minor event but one that made all her insecurities disappear about the man she was in love with and who, until this day, is the man with whom she's happily married, for 33 years. It didn't come as a surprise to me that music (Beethoven's bagatelles) plays a crucial part in this story, knowing that they met in college where her husband studied the piano and musicology and Laura herself music education. It's a very short story, but it had quite an impact on me. I feel touched again as I write this.

A thing that seems so funny under the circumstances, next to Laura's story, there's one about a change in a husband's attitude thanks to Jane Austen's P&P! Very sweet too.

I highly recommend it: not only because it's such a special book for its contents, but because it is for such a good cause.

Renée