Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLEASE, DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC FOR STORY COMMENTS...

Dear visitors,

I don't wish to be rude and shout, but time and again new topics are opened for comments on stories, despite the fact that I've kindly asked on various occasions to use the existing comment thread(s). Since I moderate this site on my own it's crucial to keep the forum neatly arranged and well-organized. Therefore, each story has its own comment thread. You can't miss the link to it: it's at the bottom of each story page. So, you'll stumble on it after every read...

Here's an example:

Authors love feedback. Please express your appreciation for Belén here

Just click on 'here' and you'll get there.

Thank you!

Renée

Re: PLEASE, DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC FOR STORY COMMENTS...

Mrs Darcy
Dear visitors,

I don't wish to be rude and shout, but time and again new topics are opened for comments on stories, despite the fact that I've kindly asked on various occasions to use the existing comment thread(s). Since I moderate this site on my own it's crucial to keep the forum neatly arranged and well-organized. Therefore, each story has its own comment thread. You can't miss the link to it: it's at the bottom of each story page. So, you'll stumble on it after every read...

Here's an example:

Authors love feedback. Please express your appreciation for Belén here

Just click on 'here' and you'll get there.

Thank you!

Renée

I have a question which is probably the same problem others may be having....what link do I then use to "leave a message"?

At the top of the forum, there is a link that says "Start a New Post". Since that is the only link above the beginning of the forum, I always thought that that is the place I was supposed to use. Apparently it is not.

Now, I have used the "quote" link in other replies, but I still am not sure how to just post just a reply to the whole topic and not just an individual quote.

Please take this reply a bit further for those like me who are not sure where to go after getting into the topic to post a comment.

Thanks for your help. But, of course you know, if I know how to properly post a comment, I just might leave some more and you may be telling me to "cease and desist!"

Thanks again,
Sandy

My dear Sandy, on the bottom of each story page you'll find this sentence:

"Authors love feedback. Please express your appreciation for [author's name] here"

Well, if you click on the word "here" you'll get automatically to the comment thread of that particular story in the message forum. When you're in the thread you only need to click on 'reply' and post your message.

Try it, go for instance to one of Tanya's Strange Bedfellows chapters, scroll down till you reach the bottom of the page and you'll find that sentence. Each story has it on each page. Good luck!

R~

Mrs Darcy
My dear Sandy, on the bottom of each story page you'll find this sentence:

"Authors love feedback. Please express your appreciation for [author's name] here"

Well, if you click on the word "here" you'll get automatically to the comment thread of that particular story in the message forum.

Try it, go for instance to one of Tanya's Strange Bedfellows chapters, scroll down till you reach the bottom of the page and you'll find that sentence. Each story has it on each page. Good luck!

R~

I did that and it took me to a screen that is the first page of the topic. Then what do I do to post a comment? I don't get a screen to leave a comment. I know, still lost....

Is it as simply as using the "reply" link beside the "quote" link? I thought that would only reply to that individual. I'm hopeless.

Sandy C

I did that and it took me to a screen that is the first page of the topic. Then what do I do to post a comment? I don't get a screen to leave a comment. I know, still lost....

Is it as simply as using the "reply" link beside the "quote" link? I thought that would only reply to that individual. I'm hopeless.

I understand your confusion, sweetie. Yep, it's as simple as that! Just use the reply link, it doesn't matter of which previous post! I had added that later, but your were too quick to reply!

Mrs Darcy
Sandy C

I understand your confusion, sweetie. Yep, it's as simple as that! Just use the reply link, it doesn't matter of which previous post! I had added that later, but your were too quick to reply!

Thank you so much. I always thought that the reply would go to that commenter only. That's the way it works on another site I go to. This clears it up completely.

Thanks again!
Sandy

I'm glad!

oops! Sorry - I should have read this earlier.

Dee cee,
I'd like to answer to your comment but I do not know where to do it LOL Probably Mrs Darcy will end up pasting and eracing all.
Thank you for taking the time to write and show me your appreciation. I am only waiting for the muse to write an epilogue. Hope you have a good laugh to the end.
Male

Sorry! I did the very thing you asked that I not do, and started a new topic for The Child. I had had so much trouble trying to post that I did not see you postT I will try to delete it and just not try to post a comment since I can't seem to figure out where to post!

Sorry again!

Don't worry, Elaine, you've found your way in the mean time, right?