Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
As we have had the sad news that HG is not coming back .....

Can we please ask all authors who have only posted at HG please post at one or more of the sties up and running. I would be very sad to see these stories just disappear in to thin air after all their hard work.

I was speaking with Victoria and she agreed with me if we can get a campaign up and running for those who have emails for these authors to email them to do so. I know like myself I have downloaded many stories and have kept them on an external hard drive so if they do not have a copy themselves or if they wish someone else to post for them can they let me know and if I have their story I will gladly post it for them wherever they wish.

I am really sad to hear of the sad news of HG as like many people here and at other sites we expected it to rise like the phoenix out of the ashes, but this is not to be. I hope that Amber will soon sort out all her RL problems as I was sad to here too that her wedding had, had to be postponed. Once these have been sorted then perhaps she will manage to get HG back up and running even though stories have been lost we maybe able to recover some from those amongst us who save them.

I know as an author myself that I worked with my beta's long and hard on my stories and would not like to see them disappear completely from the Jane Austen Fanfiction boards. So please if you know any of the following authors please email them to ask them to post on another site.

Alana
Ali
Alice J Foster
Allegretto
amaskedwriter
Amber
Amy R (phatbasset)
Andie
angeronic
Anne (Greatdane)
aunrea
BelleAusten
Bethanie
Betsy R (birdwoman)
Bonnie (caeasso)
Bronnie
Cait
Carol B
Carthia
Cathew
checkerkitty
Christy
Cindy C
cjoki
Coleen V & Tabbi W
Dani
Daphne Caper
darcyslassie
Dawn R
Denise M
Donna
Donna L
Dulce
Ebony
Elfmourn
Elizabeth H
Elke
Elsa
Emmy
end2097
Frenchgirltoo
Gabbi (tripandfall06)
Gail
Hallie
Hayley
Heather F
Irene (LAIrisha)
Jamie Wilt
Joanna
Judy
June Williams
Karen (ms Patience)
Kate
kathyl
Katy
Kelli
Kieona
KMalkamaki
Kris Thor
Kristin H
Krysia
Leah Yael
LeonaW
eouk101
Lissa
Lizzy G
Marg
Marjolein
Mascha
Michele A
Miss Mc
MorganFay
Mortie
Mrs Brown
msjulianne
muhrrynn
Mystocles
Palabravampiress
pemberley03
Prydevensong
Rachel
Rachel99
Rebecca
Ruth O
Sarah (2)
Sarah Beth (Fumar)
SB Robinson
sculder
Seri
Shawna
Shelby
sophiabennet
Sparklymegz
stargazer
Stevieb
Susan (2)
Susan B (fitzmadness)
Suzanne
Teg
tree
The Six Pack

Re: As we have had the sad news that HG is not coming back .....

Sad, sad news.

I too have saved many, many JAFF stories to my hard drive (over 300) so feel free to use me as a resource too if any authors are in need.

I am so disappointed and sorry to heard about this!

And I agree. Please authors! Post at another site! Please! There were so many stories I liked at HG that where only there.

Just to let you know that this list was posted by HLBR at AHA letting us know where many of the authors are posting now. Some have only posted at HG and I am still hopeful that they will repost

Ali -- at AHA, and her personal site. A couple of stories only at HG.
Alice J Foster -- at ff.net. One story only at HG.
Allegretto -- at AHA, and her MRR. One story only at HG.
Amber -- her MRR, and at DWG (search for author A. Leah Marie). She has stories that were only posted at HG.
Amy R (phatbasset) -- at AHA, Firthness (amyr), ff.net, and Austen Interlude. She has stories that were only posted at HG.
Andie -- at Mrs. Darcy. She has stories that were only posted at HG.
Anne (Greatdane) -- at DWG (search for Anne A). She has stories that were only posted at HG.
aunrea -- at DWG (search for Aunrea). She has stories that were only posted at HG.
Betsy R (birdwoman) -- at AHA, DWG (search for Betsy R), and Austen Underground. She has stories that were only posted at HG.
Bonnie (caeasso) -- at AHA. I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Bronnie -- at DWG (search for Bronwen). I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Cait -- at DWG (search for Caitrin). I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Carol B -- at Ellen's PDFs (search for CarolB), at AHA, at MRR, and Bits of Ivory (search for CarolB). I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Carthia -- at Mrs. Darcy, Firthness (search for Carthia). I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Cindy C -- at DWG, Firthness, A Novel Idea, (search for Cindy C for all three), and Bennet GIrls. I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
cjoki -- her MRR, at AHA. One story only at HG.
Coleen V & Tabbi W -- at DWG (search for Coleen V). Two stories only at HG.
Dawn R -- personal site, at AHA, Ellen's PDFs. I'm not crossing her out because there are stories that were only posted at HG.
Denise M -- at DWG (search for Denise M.) One story only at HG.
Elke -- DWG (Elke), Firthness (Elke). Various stories only at HG.
Elsa -- MRR, AI, One story only at HG.
Frenchgirltoo -- AI, DWG (Sylvie). One story only at HG.
Gabbi (tripandfall06) -- at AHA. One story only at HG.
Hallie -- at lj, ff.net, DWG (search for Hallie), and Firthness (search for Hallie2985). One story only at HG,
Hayley -- at AHA, and DWG (search for Hayley). One story at HG.
Heather F -- at AHA, DWG (search for Heather F.), her personal site. One story only at HG.
Irene (LAIrisha) -- at AHA, and DWG (LAIrisha). A couple of stories only at HG.
Joanna -- DWG (Joanna). A couple of stories only at HG.
Karen (ms Patience) -- only one story at AHA, the rest only at HG.
Kelli -- DWG (Kelli). One story only at HG.
Krysia -- at DWG (Krysia). Two stories only at HG.
Leah Yael -- Firthness (Leah Yael). One story only at HG.
LeonaW -- at AHA, and Firthness (Leona). One story only at HG.
Lissa -- Firthness (Lissa), DWG (LissaMU ), and her personal site. Stories only at HG.
Marg -- at DWG (marg b.). Two stories only at HG.
Marjolein -- her personal site. Two stories only at HG.
Mascha -- at AHA, and Firthness (Mascha). A couple of stories only at HG.
Michele A -- BOI (Michele), DWG (Michele A), ff.net, Many stories only at HG.
Mortie -- DWG (Mortie), Bennet Girls, and AHA. Many stories only at HG.
Mrs Brown -- Firthness (Samantha cool.gif, Has stories only at HG.
Palabravampiress -- at AHA. Many stories only at HG.
Prydevensong -- at AHA, and DWG (JessPryde). One story only at HG.
Ruth O -- at AHA, and the MRR. A couple of stories only at HG.
Sarah Beth (Fumar) -- at DWG (Sarah Beth). Many stories only at HG.
SB Robinson -- at AHA, and DWG (SBRobinson). Many stories only at HG.
Seri -- at AHA. Most stories only at HG.
stargazer -- at AHA, the MRR, and DWG(Angie). Only one story exclusive to HG.
Stevieb -- at AHA. One story only at HG.
Susan B (fitzmadness) -- ff.net, DWG(Susan B.), and AI. One story only at HG.
Teg -- DWG (Teg), and BOI (Teg). Various stories only at HG.
Tracey -- Mrs. Darcy, DWG (Tracey). ONe only at HG.
The Six Pack -- Ellen's PDFs, and the AU. One only at HG.

Authors that have all their stories posted somewhere else:

Elizabeth H -- AHA, DWG (search for Elizabeth Hooten), ff.net, her site,
tree -- her personal site, and at the AO3.

Hi
My name is Mariola. I'm from Poland.
I simply love E&D story. Those websites are the only way for me to read them. I can't buy those wonderful books here and buying them abroad is too expensive for me. So please post as many as possible. I"m so exciting and so thrilled that there is a simle hope for me for new adventures.
"All the HG authors" please be generous and helpful - Your great admirer and fan.

Dear Mariola,
I´m from Hamburg, Germany and I have a few P&P FF Books that I´ve already read. I could send you a list and you may choose so I can send them over to you.
Greetings from HAmburg
Sabine

Sabine
Dear Mariola,
I´m from Hamburg, Germany and I have a few P&P FF Books that I´ve already read. I could send you a list and you may choose so I can send them over to you.
Greetings from HAmburg
Sabine

That's a very kind offer, Sabine, lovely.

If there are more fans who wish to share or swap books and other stuff, make sure to communicate addresses and such by e-mail for your own protection, this forum since it's public!

Happy swapping!

I just read this and I am moved and delightet for the warm and the wonderful sharing of the fans. Mrs Darcy, you just have amazing guests and your site is just the most wonderful meeting point for P&P fans I have ever met. Thank you!!! I hope many of those Authors decide to post at your site. Wouldn't that be wonderful!!! Love to all of you Ladies! Happy and blessed New Year 2010!

Thank you so much, Maria!

I need some real interesting recommendations! I've got so little time to read myself lately, that I must rely on the fans to advise me.

I am new to fan fiction so I am not sure how everything works but could the owner of the HG site agree to merge with another site? That would allow the other site to reconstruct HG's material and not lose the work of authors who are no longer posting. Is this just not done?

Problem is, the site isn't online anymore, so it will have to be entirely reconstructed, and I'm pretty sure the former administrator has no intention to do so. Most stories have been posted elsewhere though. Apart from this site, there's "Firthness" with an enormous amount of fanfiction, and the very active "A Happier Alternative", and the DWG, not forgetting. Enough stories to enjoy for a lifetime, I think.

cheers
Mrs Darcy

amaskedwriter fics

I am looking for the work of a fanfiction author going by the name 'amaskedwriter.' I can't find the work anywhere. If you have the fic and can send it to me that would be great. If you have contact information for the author... know someone who might have it... or a web address where it might be located then I would be extremely grateful.

The fanfic I am specifically looking for is: In the Billiard Room with Mr Darcy
Author: amaskedwriter

The plot goes something like this: Elizabeth and Darcy were married and visiting Netherfield. Jane and Bingley were married but had gone to visit Mr. and Mrs. Bennet. Darcy was playing billiards and Elizabeth came into the room. Darcy began to act out a fantasy by pretending that they were not married and that she had walked in on him inappropriately so he had to teach her a 'lesson.'

The story was part of a larger story as there were sequels that had various other fantasies acted out but this one was my favorite.

Re: amaskedwriter fics

Hi! Do you still want the fics of this author?

Atenais
Hi! Do you still want the fics of this author?

certainly !!! CONSTANTLY. WITH ALL MY HEART.

MARIOLA
from POLAND

I'm sending the 2 fics of her that I found to your mail, ok? ^^