Liberty Bell Chapter #266

Religious, Political or Offensive messages WILL BE REMOVED

Liberty Bell Chapter #266
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gravesite Honor

Once again Website Sandy has outdone herself. Kudos to her for a wonderful website. I hope others read it more regularly and spread the word.

A comment about the opening photo of the Wreaths Across America at Arlington - My friend and I had the opportunity to go to Arlington this year and took part in this very powerful event. It was a beauitful, sunny day on December 13, and the number of people that took part in this day was truly inspiring, and a testimony that many are still involved with honoring veterans. Someone commented that laying a wreath on a grave is good, but helping veterans is a lifelong job. I agree. However placing a wreath donated by this company at the grave of my friend and Uncle-in-Law, (a POW-MIA in WWII, and who took part in one of my Douglas Assemblies with many of 266's guys) John Modell was something that I am very proud of. He was buried with full military honors at Arlington last year, and he deserved the little bit of time and effort that it took to get down to VA. God Bless him, and all of you and Happy New Year.