Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: JACO MURAL DESTROYED

I like the video of the art work progress. Thanks. It helps us who are not in FL get a feel of whats happening.

The mural is nice and as we all know, those images of Jaco have been seen many times. I still like the first mural better because it had some artistic expression and freedom. my opinion. The new one is simply Van Gogh's Starry Night with Jaco in the middle but this may appeal to those people who have never seen Jaco because the current images they used are actually really nice ones. Maybe its just us die hard fans were looking for something new but at the end of the day, its nice to see Jaco so big and bold and getting the recognition he greatly deserved.

Listening To: Miles - kind of blue

Re: JACO MURAL DESTROYED

I'm in agreement with you, Jay. Up close the mural consists of paint blobs, magnified pixels, there is no "life" in the overall feel and look of the one wall with Jaco's large head shot. On the "starry night" wall, I am baffled about the clouds, they are out of context and not believable art. Jaco's image on that wall is fairly ok, though again up close the face isn't Jaco..something is off.

Either way, it is what it is, and apparently it is forever. Big mistake, the muralist doesn't in my opinion deserve to be eternally associated with the one Jaco mural in existence, especially in Jaco's Park.

Speaking of the Park, it is wonderful to see people playing soccer, Frisbee, running around the track, or just hanging out relaxing. That is a great thing, again, thanks to the grassroots movement by a local citizen who made it happen, not because of any other official or unofficial person, who now deem it convenient to claim responsibility. :)