Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A year plus...and nothing...

Now 16 months since the post stating it would be out in a month. Any update on the US release? The Japanese bootleg appears to be readily available online.

17 months. Don't see the US release available anywhere. Chris Jisi wrote a year ago that it's available at jacotheearlyyears.com and cdbaby, but I don't see it at either site.
http://www.bassplayer.com/article/lesson--new/February-2010/107277

The hardest tumble a man can make is to fall over his own bluff. ~Ambrose Bierce
===============================================

In actuality, it's been more like 7 years, R. Perhaps those promised releases were sold to Japan for them to use as they please? I wonder who pocketed the $ ?

"Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 8:13 AM
Subject: Letter from Bob Bobbing

I think it's important to announce at this time that later I will be releasing single CD's featuring "Woodchuck," "Tommy Strand & Upper Hand, "Wayne Cochran & CC Riders," and "The Florida Demo's." All of this stuff will be made available in totality on single releases shortly after the Portrait comes out. So for the Jaco fans who want to hear all the music from those periods, it will be made available."

Listening To: Modern Jazz Quartet

18 months.

Today I wrote Chris Jisi via the article where he stated more than a year ago the following:

"The first two releases, Woodchuck and Tommy Strand & the Upper Hand, have officially arrived [available on jacotheearlyyears.com and cdbaby.com)"

Neither releases were ever available on either site, and at this point doubt they will, hoping otherwise.

Perhaps Jisi can get an answer from that guy who bamboozled him and everyone else.

And what is Yoshio Matsush-i-ta going to do with the releases he had planned on putting out? His projection at http://kairaku-jazz.seesaa.net/archives/20090807-1.html:

3.Wayne Cochran & CCRiders featuring Jaco Pastorius
⇒ 2009年冬 Winter 2009 ⇒

4.Ira Sullivan Quintet featuring Jaco Pastorius 4.Ira Sullivan Quintet featuring Jaco Pastorius
⇒ 2010年 In 2010 ⇒

5.Peter Graves Orchestra featuring Jaco Pastorius 5.Peter Graves Orchestra featuring Jaco Pastorius
⇒ 2011年 In 2011 ⇒

6.Jaco's First Florida Demo's 6.Jaco 's First Florida Demo's
⇒ 2012年 In 2012 ⇒

I don't understand why the four heirs cannot simply make these recordings available via jacopastorius.com, just put them out, it will be good for them, their father's legacy, and for the fans, simple as that, why involve others? None of the others own the materials, Bobbing only recorded a few of them, which he already released in the Early Years CD, most of the other recordings were donated to the heirs in good faith.

What has crippled things to become this tragic a situation is the motto the Big Boy rules with, "divide et impera", which means:

"* breaking up power alliances into smaller chunks that are easier to subdue/manage (insisting there is a feud, then causing it)
* preventing small power groups from linking up and becoming more powerful (pitting everyone against the family of some of the heirs)

Effective use of this technique allows those with limited power (him) to control those (4 heirs) who collectively would have had a lot more influence."

GBJ, his family, and his fans.

Listening To: Live in NY

20 months now. Any updates on these recordings being officially released in the US?

Still possible? Anything is possible? Who owns these now, is the question? Jaco's demos legally and technically belong in the ownership of the four kids, it was Jaco's property they inherited. Granted, the two older ones might have given it to Mr. Big to do with as he pleased, sell perhaps, but it still belonged to the twins as well, and their ownership and opinions were ignored in all of this. Does Yoshio Matsush-i-ta own these now? Who will and can release them in the US? Were they sold for one lump sum, and the money pocketed? All questions with no answers. So, my assumption is that since it has been 20 and more months, and since it was promised by someone who absolutely never gave a hoot unless it benefited him, and perhaps these releases already have, I doubt they will come here anytime soon. But, I would love to be proven wrong!!

Listening To: Herbie and Jaco: 4 AM

The truth always stands the test of time :)

Listening To: WEMU Ann Arbor Michigan stream - heavy bass radio station

21 mos.

Listening To: something

wow, almost 2 years since that statement was made... a mismanaged legacy..so, so, so very sad.

Twenty-two months.

Listening To: mockingbird

Turns out that my suspicions about all these "early years" recordings were correct, they were indeed "given" to Japan for a supposedly "small" fee affecting a few pockets, including one who isn't entitled, yet not all who are rightfully entitled... Clearly that is what it looked like, via logical deduction, but now it is a fact. With that information it became clear that any USA releases are a far-fetched concept at this point and time. No doubt these are the REAL bootlegs.

Deeming the Live in NY CDs bootlegs with "ugly" covers, but which were legally released here in the US with all the heirs having received equally divided more than a quarter of a million dollars, was only done so because the one Bullying Bozo wasn't profiting from it, and some didn't like that all rightful heirs were receiving royalties, equally, which isn't the case with the above Japanese releases, and by the way, most have totally ridiculous and unrelated covers... hahaha.

So R, get ready to post the length of time you, me and anyone else who have been waiting, for many, many more months to come... :P

It's apparent this too is a Japanese bootleg and will probably never see a legal US release.

23 MONTHS

Listening To: the train

Two years later, and nothing...

Listening To: the train

Unbelievable...2 years ago Bobbing stated he was going to give a press release for this one CD that was also going to come out in the USA. NOTHING. He has also stated that single CDs would be coming out using the recordings people like Ira, Wayne Cochran, Peter Graves, Tommy Strand, and others have given him in good faith.

The latest CD out as an import has been deemed "piracy" by Ira Sullivan, it was a recording he had given Bobbing, who had promised him it would be coming out here in the USA with the proper royalties and credits etc.

Instead Bobbing has "sold" them to Japan for his own benefit, and now they are being released as bootlegs. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.