Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Abby B's Happenstance...

*hugs*

I hope the surgery goes really well, and your father recovers well.

The needs of the masses pales in comparison to something like this. Give your father all your love and attention *much love*

Abby, I'm keeping your Dad in my prayers hoping that everything goes smoothly today, that God will guide the doctors hands and that He will heal your father quickly.

Please let us know how things go.

Take care!

Rita

Thank you all.

A quick note before I'm off to sleep.

We got there well before 6am, but they didn't operate until 3pm this afternoon. Post operatively, my dad's heart rate excelerated and they were concerned he was having a heart attack, but after giving him some magnesium and checking his electrolytes, he appeared asymptomatic and fine.

They've decompressed his tumour and now all we can do is wait and hope.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. They really help.

I'll get back to the story as soon as this is over.

~abby

Your father and you are in my thoughts, dear Abby, and I hope with you that he will fully recover now.

*smooches*

Renée

Girls, if you didn't read the main page, I've got some great news for you: Chapter 22 of Happenstance has been posted.

Abby, do you realize how wonderful you are? Having such heavy duties on your shoulders and still thinking about us? A big kiss, my dear.

This chapter was full of warmth, despite Elizabeth's cold. What a caring man your Mr. Darcy is! I so loved how he observed her in her sleep and, vice versa, how she observed him in the same state of oblivion. Vulnerability and tenderness and... growing passion and love. Won't say more... I'd spoil it for the others if I'd write now what I loved best...

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this wonderful new chapter, dear Abby. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us.

Renée

Could this chapter be any better? NO! Oh dear, every time you update this I fall a little deeper in love with it. It's so beautifully written :) And that, that *bit* *swoon*

Oh Mr Darcy ;)

Yay!!! Abby's back! Excellent, excellent chapter. Makes my heart beat faster. They are on the brink of a beautiful new time together.

Thanks so much, Abby, for posting it.

How's your Dad doing? Hopefully feeling a bit better and on the mend.

Rita

Thank you so much for the lovely comments and responses. You are all very, very good for my ego. What nice strokes you give to it!

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. I think it was high time for a bit of mush, don't you? And I didn't want to make Elizabeth so ill that she couldn't spend some time enjoying her very delicious husband whom she seems to be viewing with some "new" eyes.

Thanks for asking about my dad, Rita. He's doing well, although they're considering releasing him and it's far too early for that given his lack of balance and his continued need for recuperation. This isn't over by a long shot, but I can celebrate that the surgery "stuff" is done for now anyway.

I'll try to post again in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, after that, life will have become a bit more "normal".

Once more, thank you - again and again - for your kind words!

~abby

Sending good thoughts your way, Abby - and for your father as well. My father was seriously ill several years ago and I know that the emotion can be consuming, but distractions such as work were one thing that helped me stop thinking about it all the time.

Patience and support here - I don't thing anyone is going anywhere!

I think it is safe to say we all have our fingers crossed for your Father's full recovery *hugs* Here's to hoping the hospital treats him as he should be.

Ladies and gents, chapter 23 is up. Enjoy!

Renée <-- still totally overwhelmed and utterly happy

*wow*

Yet again I am in awe of how well you have written this. The union of Darcy and Elizabeth was expertly negotiated, and beautiful. Hoorah!

What a wonderful, tender chapter Abby! I'm so pleased for Darcy and Elizabeth but it looks like they've not had much time to savor their new found connection.

I so look forward to each new installment. It's like an addiction!

Hope your Papa is feeling better.

Rita

Hi Abby!

I got Pride and Prejudice the film as a valentines gift from my husband and am absolutley hooked. After watching it about 11 times (but being slightly disappointed by the ending - no love scenes, wedding or even a kiss!), I went on the internet and found this site and came across your story and all I can say is WOW!!!

Bearing in mind that I think I have only ever read about 5 books in my life (simply do not have th patience for it), I started readin your story and could not put your laptop down. I forced myself to log off at 2:30 in the morning (on a work night) and picked it up again the next night and read again until the early hours. Thanks god you had posted chapter 23 - I think I would have burst if that one hadn't been there! In fact, I think I have read that chapter 3 times now!!

So pllllleeeeaaaseeee keep them coming!! I am completely and utterly and completely hooked!!!!

Lots of Love
Lisa
X

Oh Lisa, you've got it bad! Isn't it wonderful?

Hello,

I a new reader and have been reading this for a couple of days in between work.

I love it, but I don't know if this is happening to others, starting on chapter 20 its become very difficult to read the story. Chapters 20-23 are all superimposed on each other and its absolutely difficult to read. There are some parts that are readable but I could not read all of it.

I hope its just not my computer that is having this problem.

Thank you again for writing a magnificent story and hopefully I will get to read the last couple of chapter that have been very hard to read at all.

Rose

Hello everyone!

I'm just checking in and saw a lovely new batch of comments. Thank you to all who are reading this story! You're all very, very affirming.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty reading some of the chapters. I'll email Renee and speak to her about it. I'm quite certain she isn't aware of it. Someone else emailed me earlier this week with a similar problem and I redirected them to the site and asked them to email me back if they still had trouble. When I didn't hear back from her, I presumed it had been fixed.

I'm quite certain Renee will fix it as quickly as she can. She's quite good, but oh so busy these day.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to tell me you're enjoying this. It's so sad for me to realize this story is coming to an end soon. I've really come to like these characters - especially now that they're cooperating a bit more.

Hope you're all having a great day or night,

~abby

Hello dear readers!

I've been through the pages and as far as I can see there's nothing the matter, at least not on my screen. So, I'm at a loss what could be it. Perhaps if you refresh your pages? Do you use a different browser than I do perhaps? (I use Explorer). Would you please try that first and if that doesn't help, notify me by e-mail? If it doesn't help, I'll consult Bravenet.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Renée

Girls I've moved chapter 23 to a different page. I hope that helps. I just had to look into it immediately, can't stand it when things don't work right!

As said I didn't have a problem at all, but I hope yours is solved now. Don't forget to refresh your page first though!

Happy reading!
Renée

Thanks Renee. I just checked and it looks fine to me too.

See how good Renee is, everyone? Quick and efficient amidst her busy life.

*hugs to you, R*

You're welcome, and thanks, dear Abby.
R~

Dear readers, I've got a very nice surprise for you: I've just posted chapter 24 of Abby's fabulous Happenstance. Enjoy!

it seems that part of Chapter 24 is missing. It goes to where Georgiana is talking to Elizabeth and then it stops like it didn't load the rest of the chapter.

so far I love the new chapter though!

Hi Chrissy:

I just checked and the chapter seems to be fine. It ends with an important realization after Elizabeth leaves Georgiana.

Please let me know if it's not up. Sometimes, parts get cut off only to magically appear later. Keeps us on our toes though, huh?

Thanks Chrissy (and you too, Renee!)

~abby

Yeah! I've eagerly awaited what was to come next. I had to read it immediately and through to the end of the chapter. I love many things about your writing but one that really plays well is how in depth you go into the characters minds on how they feel and what they are thinking. Spectacular I say!

Chrissy, the chapter is definitely there, so try to refresh your page and tell us if it works, ok?

Renée

Lovely, Abby! It warms my heart that Lizzy yearns for Darcy in his absence. Very, very promising that she realizes he is her comfort and strength and that she desires to turn to him in times of trial. Can't wait until they are reunited to see how they will respond to each other after being parted for days...will Lizzy act on her yearnings or will her mind begin to prey on her in his absence? Hopefully the former. Oh, and of course there is still Darcy's promise of future pleasure for Lizzy....

What a treat your story is!

Rita

Have only just found this site......enjoyed reading this soooo much that i have postponed all jobs needed doing.....gripping and I feel, true to Austen, though am imaginging MM as Darcy..looking forward to next chapter.....Hoping that your father is recovering, and thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.....

Hello Abby
I got into fanfiction recently and found to be, indeed, addictive.
Luckily for me, I discovered your lovely story when it was already up to chapter 24. Love the sweet way you built up the relationship between them. That moonlight date was a stroke of master
You know, I was taken by the story that I would sneak into the site during short breaks at work, looking over my shoulder in case someone notices I am not reading some stiff business communication (-;
Now, I have to wait with the rest for the next one.

It's working fine now. I think I was downloading something at the time and it didn't complete the downloading of the page. Thanx for checking!

Beautiful! I adore your story, and love how you've written lizzy and darcy's relationship, and am VERY eagerly awaiting the next update. She's finally realized how great he is and I can't wait to see them back together. Stupid Wickham!

A very good day to you, dear readers!

I've got good news for you: Chapter 25 is up. Enjoy!

Renée

Such lovely comments deserve to be addressed. Thank you so much for helping to keep the motivation alive.

Rita - For answers to your questions, see this week's excerpt. Renee is busy, but she's phenomenal and will post the update soon.

trixiara - You've postponed jobs to read "Happenstance"? Good for you and lovely for me. Thank you.

Biba - My dear, fanfic is such an addiction. I laughed at your description of taking short breaks from work only to every now and again have to look industrious. Been there, done that.

Chrissy - I'm so glad it's working for you. Hopefully, this week's chapter won't be a problem for you.

MissyMay - As I mentioned above, the next update will be sometime today. Renee so generously posts my updates so rapidly.

Thank you for all the wonderful emails and lovely comments. You do my heart so good and remind me almost daily as to why it was a great idea for me to write this.

Have a great day or night,

~abby

See how great that Renee is?

She updated ahead of me commenting.

Hope you all enjoy it.

~abby

I just love it, Abby and am so grateful that you have kept things moving along -- I rarely get involved with WIP because I am so impatient, but yours has been worth every minute!

I am reading the new Linda Berdoll book that has been published and have so far been disappointed. I think you and many of the fiction writers are better than that book!

Hi,
just returned from skiing and found penultimate chapter posted............bliss.......cannot wait for next chapter, but a part of me is a liitle sad it will be the last one but then i will just have to read it in one go...........hope your father is well..

Abby, I have been reading this story for some weeks now and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I am enjoying it.

It's beautifully crafted, with believable characterisations and I love the way you blend the book into it as well.

I look forward to reading more as soon as you are able to post.

~Splatt~

Maura, Trixiara and Splatt (how much do I love that name?!?)and all other readers of "Happenstance":

First off, thank you for continuing to follow this story. Believe me, even if I were thinking of abandoning it (and I'm not! I've even been working on it today), all of the lovely comments and emails would inspire me to continue. All I can do is shake my head in wonder and be grateful.

Issues with my father have resurfaced in the past two weeks. More of the same problems and some new ones to top it off. It's made it difficult to write and concentrate, but I'm trying. It ends up being a nice escape from some pretty pathetic RL issues.

Some good news is that I've been able to bring my laptop to the hospital and I've written everything up to the necessary mush. For that, a hospital environment is just wrong! But I'll write it when I can and post within the next week if at all possible. I know you all understand, but I have a desire to have these characters reach their happy ending too.

Once more, loads and loads of thanks.

~abby

Once more, loads and loads of thanks. ~abby

Thank you, Abby! We LOVE you.

I wish you, your poor dad and your family lots and lots of strength.

Here's a picture of your beloved Darcy, hope it's diverting enough to forget about your difficulties for a moment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Renée

Renee:

My passion for Colin Firth has somewhat dwindled considerably lately, but I'll always love Darcy!

Thanks & Great Big Hugs!

~abby

I know what you mean, Abby, same here, but his Mr. Darcy will always have a place in my heart. Such a warm feeling, to cherish two fictitious Darcy's and a real one... in my case that is!

Renée

Good and sad news at the same time, dear readers...

I just posted chapter 26, the very last one, of Abby's fantabulous Happenstance.

Congratulations, dearest Abby , with this fantastic achievement. I will miss the updates, but I think the idea of reading it all over again is very comforting.

Renée

Hi,
I just went to read chapter 26 but cant view it? I have tried refreshing my PC but still cant view it.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I checked, it is definitely there. You have to scroll way down though, or use 'search' (my menu is in Dutch and I'm not sure 'how it is called in the English menu, probably 'edit') and fill out 'chapter 26', that's a quicker way to get there.

Hope this helps.

Renée

oh dear, it mustn't like me at all....
I can get to the page and on the front page it is showing as complete and chapters 23 - 26, but when I click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page, I get the last lines of chapter 25. I tried search on chapter 26 on that page but it didnt pick up anything. I think I will reboot my pc and give it a full refresh.
Thanks

Lisa

Lisa:

Let me know if you can't get it. I'll send it to you personally, if you like.

By all means, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

~abby

oh hi Abby,

yes if you could send it, I would really appreciate it. I haven't had a problem with it before but have tried everything tonight and simply can't see it.

By the way, your story is fabulous - I am going to sit and read the whole lot tomorrow!! You are a very talented lady.

Lisa
X

Lisa:

You've got mail!

~abby

How is this possible? It shouldn't be necessary though to e-mail the chapter to the fans, it should be visible on the site! So, if there are others who cannot read it, I'd like to know, so that I can figure out what the problem is and fix it. As far as I can see now, it is there.

I like to know too if there are readers, like myself, who don't have a problem finding it.

Renée

Renee:

I saw it without problems yesterday. Perhaps it's just lisa's computer giving her problems. Don't trouble yourself too much unless you know others are having the problem.

Thanks for all your help, dear!

~abby

1 2 3 4