Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Abby B's Happenstance...

oooh sorry for causing all this bother!!! I am just having a sad saturday night in and am bored silly so was keen to read it. It probably is just my PC but I have tried everything with it and havent had any probs before - hopefully I am the only one.

Thanks

Did you get my email, Lisa?

~abby

oh hi Abby,

sorry, yes I did receive it - I have just been reading it!! Absolutely wonderful - I am looking forward to having a lazy day tomorrow with lots of tea and am going to read it all right from the start!!

Thanks!!
Lisa
XXX

No problem at all, Lisa. I've been having my own computer woes today. Darn Explorer! I ended up having to download Mozilla.

So, I understand. Glad I could help. You were no bother, so don't worry at all!

~abby

Don't trouble yourself too much unless you know others are having the problem.

Fortunately, I didn't receive any e-mails, so indeed let's hope it was only Lisa's problem, I'm glad you've made her happy in the meantime, Abby dearest!

Have a lovely Sunday, girls!

Renée

So sad to come to the end of such a well-written story. The mutual understanding at the end was beautiful Abby Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you, Abby, for a beautifully written story. I have enjoyed every chapter and intend to re-read it time and again. (I hope you don't mind, but I was picturing MM's Darcy... ) ;)

I trust you are proud of your achievement - it really is a treasure.

~Splatt~

wow, this story was so good!
Do you have other stories on the net? Or recommendations (since you are a great fan of forced marriage stories)?
Anyway thanks for taking the time to write this wonderfull story,

greetz

Abby - It was wonderful, from the very first page to the last. The only bad part was that it ended! Certainly a sign of a wonderful story for sure. I will definitely re-read it from start to finish again. Thanks for all your efforts, particularly with everything else you have had going on!

Do you have other stories on the net?

Unfortunately, Abby hasn't written another story... so far. She knows I hope, we all hope for a sequel...

If you'd like to read about another forced marriage, I recommend Tanya's Strange Bedfellows, here on Mrs. Darcy's.

Renée

Abby
Your Happenstance is just lovely, moving and I really enjoyed myself a lot reading it. Thank you for sharing your talent. The use of language is simple and at the same time words are delicately chosen.Keep up with this excellent job of yours of writing.
ELI

Thanks Eli! It feels like I finished this story moons ago, but it's really only been done for a little over a month.

Thank you for finding "Happenstance" and taking the time to comment. You made my day today! Give yourself a huge pat on the back and pretend it's from me!

~abby

Hi Abby,

I love Happenstance. I like the different approach to Darcy and Lizzy's relationship. Please write another story. I enjoyed it very much and will spread the word for others to read it. It had some sad parts that made me cry, I scould never imagine myself in a strange place where I have noone and was completely able to feel for Lizzy in this story. great work!!!

Hi Abby, I just came across this website about 2 days ago and I also came across your story. What can I say, WOW! I have read and reread a lot of stories with E&D as the characters and just love their relationships. Your view of thier relationship has been a joy to read, but I wish there was more. I had the same feeling as I did when I read P&P. I simply wanted more! I hope you will write a sequel for I long to know how E&D spend their lives together. I understand from reading other posts that you are going through some family issues and I hope that your father is doing better and will overcome all! I hope that you will continue to write about these beloved characters and if you ever decide to sell copies of this story I will definately be in line to buy one! Thanks for a most enjoyable story!

Brandy

Your story, Abby, is beautiful. The last chapter captures these characters perfectly as I'd imagine Jane Austen saw them living their newlywed lives. Thank you! What a talent; needless to say, I look forward to your next installment.

By the way, my sister-in-law underwent surgeries for brain cancer. You are absolutely spending your time just as you should be. Best wishes. AnnW

Dear Abby: Your stories help me get through a month's stay while my son was in the critical care unit! My hat's off to you! I downloaded the pages and read them in the hospital. I now have a complete novel!!!!

I can re-read this any time I wish. It is a beautifully written story that keeps my wondering, what if! I wish you would write more. Many thanks to your talent

Today I've finished Abby's new pages. You will find them here

Little by little the entire site is getting its new look.

Goodness! I apologize for not checking the message forum on this site more regularly. I truly had no idea there were new comments for me to read until lovely Renee e-mailed me re: the changes in her pages and layout. (Thank you again, dearest Renee!)

Jess: Thank you for the lovely words regarding this story. Writing another story seems rather unlikely at this point, but I'm so pleased that you've enjoyed this one. I'm back at work and my children are growing, so I'm not likely to have the kind of time to commit to another fanfic. Yet, you've no idea how encouraging it is to learn that this one is still being read!

Brandy: Thanks for the warm thoughts regarding my dad and for the nice sentiments after reading "Happenstance".

Ann W: I hope your sister-in-law is faring better. After having had four tumours removed, my father has opted not to have any more surgeries and I believe he's made the best choice. In the end, I know any time I've spent with him during this time will remain with me forever.

Roberta: Firstly, I hope your son is doing better. I can't imagine how frightening it must have been for you to have a child in the Critical Care Unit. If "Happenstance" provided you with any means of escape, then I feel even more fabulous for having written it.

To all other readers of this story: Thank you for not forgetting it. It truly appears as though I wrote it in another lifetime and to learn that there are still people reading and enjoying it means everything to me. Believe me, none of your words are taken for granted.

~abby

Thank you again, dearest Renee

YW, Abby darling, Mrs. Darcy's fine circle of authors deserve a colourful and well-designed presentation!

Dearest Abby:

I Thank you from the bottom of my heart I have re-read your story and it brings a smile to my face as I read it! Yes, my son has fully recovered he looks like nothing ever happened to him just slightly trimmer! Athlete you know! The doctors were all amazed at him! Healthly is what we all should be! They used to ask what kind of report was I reading all I could do was smile! Little did they know! There was a female neurosurgeon who caught on and asked where she could check out the stories! P&P fan also So when can we expect another great story? I love the flow of your story, you did trasnport me into the world of Regency England Good luck to you in all that you do, and God Bless

hello.
I have finished your work. And I really have enjoyed.
First of all, I come from Spain. and English is not my first language.But I adore the Jane Austen work, Pride and Prejudice so I started to read your history with curiosity( it has been the first one but no the last one, I can assure you) It has been amazing, I never can imagine how can be possible to go on developing this characters ( Mr Darcy and Elizabeth) on that way, so respectfully and in a so modern way. I really enjoyed reading it and I want to give you lots of thanks, I have been able to spent so fantastic moments in the reading.

Thanks again.

Sorry for my spelling and use of english. Surely I have lots of mistakes.

esther

Abby,

I have just read Happenstance for the second time and I have to say how much I love it.

I hope thaat you have plans to write another story soon?

I really enjoyed your writing, it was so well developed and so true to the character! I have read some books in publish that are not even comprable to your work. I thank you for having written this story. The only thing I wish to impart in suggestion is that white font on a red background is very tough on the eyes!

Bis, welcome (I'm not sure whether I've seen posts from you before :D).

About the white font on a red background: I didn't have this complaint previously, and I'm afraid it's a little difficult to change it at this point. But I'll keep it in mind.

cheers
the administrator

Sorry, I meant Biz, of course!

Wonderfully entertaining and satisfying. I applaud you.

I am almost embarrassed to admit it but I read this entirely in one sitting!(about 8 hours) Once I started, I could not stop. I was in such angst all day and had to put everything else aside. (I regret, my poor family thinks I am nuts!) What a satisfying, gratifying read! Loved it-- thank you for this gift today! I can't read wait to read whatever else you have to offer.

First off, what great news about your son's restored good health, Roberta! (LOL at the neurosurgeon presuming you were reading a "report"...too, too hilarious!)

Biz, Frances, Christina, Esther & Cheryl, thank you for your comments! Even after all this time, I'm still affected by them!

Esther, your English is fine! It's more than fine actually! Well done!

No plans for a second story Cheryl, but I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this one! (Thank you!)

Thanks for reading, Biz (particularly if the red and white colour scheme hurt your eyes!)

Frances, glad you were entertained and satisfied! I must tell you, I often wasn't too sure of how entertaining or satisfying it would be while I was writing it, so your words are high praise to me indeed!

Christina, like you I've been so caught up in a story that time has wasted away. I generally haven't minded though if the story kept me interested. I hope mine did. (Sorry for the angst. It was necessary and I had already resolved to make it all better by the end at any rate). Thanks for commenting!

I really enjoyed this story....any new ones coming on the horizon?! Hope so

Abby,
I have just finished reading your story and was amazed at how much I enjoyed reading it. The reason I say that is because I didn't think I would be able to read 20 something chapters with Lizzy and Darcy hateing each other. But it really was a treat to read. I hated coming to the end. I hate it even more knowing that you will not be writing another.
You have done a great job in your writing and it is a shame we will not be blessed with more of it.

I started reading Happenstance at about 8.30 last night and finished at about 4.00p.m. this afternoon (i did go to bed for a few hours!)...
but wow! when i started reading i thought it was a crazy story, but i loved the way you managed to incorporate everything that happens in P&P but once they're already married, and keeping the essence of the characters (tho' i must say I empathised much more with Mr Darcy than with Elizabeth!). Thankyou Abby - i'm going to make my sister read it now!

Every now and then one returns to a beloved story. I just wanted to tell you that (since I am in bed)I have read Happenstance for the fourth or fifth time, I cannot recall exactly, yet I have enjoyed every bit of it.

How lovely to learn that you've re-read the story Eli! You've no idea how much it means to me.

Much much thanks to you and to all who still enjoy this story.

Finished reading Happenstance this afternoon, and I have to tell you, Abby, how very much I enjoyed it! Certainly one of my favorite ff's ever!

Mandy

Abby,
I have just finished re reading your story, and again have to say that I am truely heartbroken that you have not written another. Truely one of my favorite JA Fan Fic. Wish to read more of your writing. Please!!!

Hi Abby,

Just finnished re-reading your story....again. Still loving it as much as the first time I read it. Really I should have been concentrating on my work over the past week, but I rather enjoyed the indulgence of reading your story again, so I shall not allow myself to feel guilty!

Thanks for sharing, LisaJ

mandylu, Maria and Lisa:

Thanks so much for reading my story and for taking the time to comment and let me know you enjoyed it. It means a great deal to me that something that I invested so much time and sometimes frustration (lol)in continues to be read.

Give yourselves a pat on the back for making my Sunday night!

Abby B,

Your story was amazing. At first, I wasn't too keen on an alternate universe P&P story, I usually like the after P&P stories best. However, I think you made a believer out of me about how the story would have been if Elizabeth and Darcy were forced/highly encouraged to marry.

I am a newcomer to fan fiction of Austen's works, but for years I have enjoyed Harry Potter fan fiction. Thank you again for the wonderful escape on Mother's Day, as it truly made my day more than you can ever imagine.

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth Ann West

Yay Elizabeth! I'm so glad you were able to use "Happenstance" as a means of escape on Mother's Day! That's a fabulous compliment! Much thanks.

Keep smiling. ;)

Like every story of yours that I've read (and I think I have read them all), this was great. Your character development is so real. D&E really live. Thank you for all the hours of reading pleasure you have given me.

Sigh. I just re-read the last several chapters and found them immensely satisfying. I love the transition from guarded to trusting, from defensive to loving. Beautiful! Thanks again!

Hi Abby

Happenstance is my all-time favourite P&P fan fic story. The writing is beautiful. I think I like it almost as much as the original itself! Any chance you'll be writing another story?

Elle

Uhmm, all I can say about you're fanfiction is that IT IS SOO ROMANTIC & YES, VERY PASSIONATE..

Though they were not on the very good terms before they got married, they simply held respect for each other-- that respect grows to esteem-- grows to desire and eventually, LOVE!=)

I have finished you're fanfic and all I can comment is that you made a good job at writing it, making me laugh and making me cry.. [ i am crying right now ] .. I will always remember this, a fanfic who deeply affected me..=)

Thank you for writing this story, Abby=)
I hope you will be writing more and I will read more from you, that's all..
bye!=)

-ghela escobal=)

Wow! I've been really remiss in responding to some really nice comments. Somehow time always manages to get away from me.

barbara s - Glad you enjoyed "Happenstance" -- my only story. LOL! You must be confusing me with someone else, but since you have such fond memories, I'm totally flattered!

RachelP - Doing justice to the transition in feelings between this couple was really tough for me. I recall really worrying about it as I wrote - so your complimenting this particular aspect is so nice!

ElleP & ghela - Thanks for the wonderful praise. You are both awesome! It's highly unlikely that I'll ever write another P&P fanfic. It was just too hard and I've grown lazy. The process, however, did make me all the more thankful for all those authors who continue to churn out story after story for our reading pleasure.

Its okay, I'll wait..=)
I just wanted to read you're fics because you're older than me and you have are an EXPERT in Regency things so..

-ghela

Absolutely enchanting! I would buy a copy to re-read in a heartbeat! You must be published! Very talented!

All I can say is thank you. It reduced even me to tears of joy. I am not given to tears and my romance days are far over yet I fould pleasure in reading such a tender story.

Laura Rust: Thank you. I'm happy to hear you'd re-read "Happenstance". The good news is that you can do that for free right on this site and won't have to buy a thing! ;)

Annette: Awww...your romance days are never over! So glad you enjoyed the story.

Thanks again to all readers. It still gives me a thrill to know this story is being read.

oh my goodness! This is simply the most lovely fanfiction i have ever read. Of course it is more than just that - this work is so thoroughly well written, beautifuly constructed and researched it should indeed be that of a published author.

AbbyB this story is clearly a labour of love and i thank you from my heart for your dedication and talent!!

Wow, Abby, this story was amazing! Definitely one of the best P&P fanfic I have read, so true to characters and to the original...

I almost read it in one sitting, unfortunately I had to go to work and i plan to re-read it immediately

It's a pitty you don't plan to write another one, you sure we can't convince you?

1 2 3 4