Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Ellen G's The Worst that Could Happen

I'm thrilled to welcome a new author on Mrs. Darcy's Story Site.

Allow me to present to you, Ellen G, authoress of a story that immediately captured me because of its original premise, it's lovely writing style and the wonderful Regency feel it has to it: "The Worst that Could Happen"

Prepare yourself for some angst though!

Chapter 1 is up, the others coming soon! So, rush over to her page!

Re: Ellen G's The Worst that Could Happen

Mr Darcy, you're needed sir!!

the best that could happen, a new story by a new author! thank you!! on moments like this, life is very good!
Very interesting but sad beginning.
I hope for more soon!

Welcome Ellen G, I enjoy reading new twists to P&P I can't wait for more

I love it - what a great first chapter!!!!
Well Done
Looking forward to chapter 2........

A promising start
BUT what is Mr Darcy doing in Kent in August
Looking forward to more!!!

Chapter 2 is up. The next coming soon, I promise! Enjoy!

I like this new story scenerio! What is Darcy going to do next to help Lizzy?? Please relieve us from the pain of waiting for the next chapter

Any thoughts on how the Bennet's new status compares with that of the Dashwood's in S&S? There seem to be similarities here.

Interesting new circumstances to deal with though.

Hi Rich, welcome at Mrs. Darcy's. As a matter of fact I had to think of S&S as well, but the owner of whom the Dashwood women rented the cottage were much more sympathetic than the scheming Lady Catherine, right?

I have to comment on Rich's post, which I found very interesting.

Any resemblance to S&S is purely coincidental (which is to say, it did not consciously enter my mind when I conceived the story!). I'm not a huge S&S fan and have only read it once or twice, several years ago.

The important thing to me, as Renee pointed out, was that Lady C was behind the whole exercise of the entail, so she could be in full control of the Bennets' situation.

As I was writing, I was unable to find online a suitable description of a tenant's cottage on an estate. So in my mind, the house that the Bennets are living in is a mean, bare-bones tenant's hovel, rather than a cozy little house with four bedrooms, a sitting room, and two garrets, as the Dashwoods' home is described.

Thanks for the input!

Indeed, Ellen, the only similarity with S&S concerns the fact that the Bennet women have to move and that they don't have any choice in the matter. It was a fact of life at the time that widows (and their female offspring) of a deceased estate owner were at the mercy (or not) of the male heirs. Estates often were entailed in the male line, Longbourn wasn't exceptional.

I'm preparing the next, as I type this message!
It's lovely to have you here.

Ellen! It's so lovely to see your story here. I wanted to welcome you to Renee's site (if I may, Renee) as I had been following your story elsewhere, but it's so nice you have your own lovely looking story page! Looking forward to your posts!

I wanted to welcome you to Renee's site (if I may, Renee)

By all means, dear Tracey! I understand Julie has come across Ellen's story through you, and I did through Julie, and I'm very happy that now many more fanfiction fans will have the oppotunity to enjoy it through my site.

Ellen, if these two ladies recommend a story, I know it's good and immediately start reading it myself. I have a great trust in their taste and judgement.

R~

Ellen, I'm late to the party - but let me extend a warm welcome to you as well! So glad to see you here!

Julie

Evil. evil Lady Catherine! This is a great premise Ellen. I look forward to the next chapter impatiently!

I loved the first chapters of your story!
Is there anything more appealing than Mr. Darcy coming to the rescue?
Please don't make us wait long for your next chapters!

I've got a Friday evening surprise: chapter 3 is up!

R~

Dear Renee and Dear Ellen !
I find this story catching... though I am having bad premonitions... If there is to be a happy ending after all for E & D, they won't have it easily...:-)
But Ellen's style is really enthralling.....
Cant' wait for the next chapter and I am very very pleased with the frequency of her writings...

This is a great storyline, Ellen! So glad you're sharing your E & D with us. It's always intriguing to read Darcy's POV and this one seems particularly passionate in his affections. I'm very excited!
Unfortunately the link to chapter 3 isn't working for me. All that will come up is chapters 1 & 2.... Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Hi to all, and thanks for all the love!

Special note to Julie and Tracey: I appreciate your having brought my story to Renee's attention. And Julie...who would have thought that the cottage question would have come up so soon?

Oh! I got chapter 3 to open for me but now I'm having a big helping of angst! Darcy has made a grave error but what that error is we do not know and we are left to speculate who could have seen his contact with Elizabeth! Just when things started to look up, too!

Are all good authors trained in the art of cliffhanger chapter endings? It is most trying to a reader's constitution! LOL

Please don't leave us hanging here long. I've been spoiled with your lovely frequent posts....

Oh no! So many spies in the estate!! Now, what bad situation is Lady Catherine going to create for the Bennet ladies?! Please do let us hear the next chapter soon!

Wow I am loving this, Ellen G! Please please keep posting... chapter 3 has left me hanging, and though I think I know what the bad news in store for Darcy is I don't want to keep wondering lol! :D Thanks for sharing your talent.

And Julie...who would have thought that the cottage question would have come up so soon?

LOL I was thinking the same thing! I didn't feel so crazy asking you the same question! I hate the thought of them living in such a little hovel though! :(

Julie

WHOA!!! Lady Catherine's behavior is beyond the pale! But she keeps topping herself for insensitivity and selfishness. I fear what she will come up with next! Elizabeth had best lie very, very low or she is likely to incur more of Lady C's wrath. Darcy's declaration that he is promised to another is certain to rouse both Catherine's curiosity and animosity Poor Lizzy...nowhere to escape to, now.

I'm on tenterhooks!

I have been an avid reader of Mrs. Darcy's authors. But this... This is a great one! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to read the rest!

Oh Dear,
What a pickle Fitzwilliam has got himself into and his chapter was WAY TOO SHORT (LOL).

I look forward to seeing how he will extract himself from the lie he has just told to Lady Catherine!!!!!

Ellen G, Renee, how could you tease me so!? This was a very short chapter and I am patiently awaiting the next one!!! I am enjoying this story so much!

BEAUTIFUL!I LIKE IT EXCEEDINGLY.

Chapter 5 is up, ladies and gents!

what a cliffhanger. Can it go any worse????

Woow.

GASP!!! Oh man!!! The dragon is on the doorstep! Let's hope Lizzy keeps her wits about her and lets not a whiff of the potential scandal be breathed. If only Mrs. Bennet will keep her mouth closed...And Darcy, riding like a mad man to work some damage control. I LOVE that man!

EllenG, you're aweseome!

Renee
Please post some more of this story before beginning the swaping thing! You owe this to us!After all, we have been enduring Tanya's and Andy's and whonot's even YOUR holidays from the writing thing long enough so as to be famishing!

Poor Darcy, foiled again..
How will Mrs Bennett cope with Lady Catherine..
Will Lizzie be strong??

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Oh Ellen....poor Lizzy believing Darcy is pledged to another when she had finally begun to hope that perhaps he still held her in regard. Little does she know the great effort he has made to spare her family further shame and to retain a chance at winning the love of his precious Elizabeth. 'sigh'

Thanks very much for being so prompt in your postings. So much work to benefit us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Please do not pospone posting any loooonger!It's been four days you know...It was coming so nicely...

Renee is away, so I believe you'll have to wait a little longer. Sorry! But I promise it will be worth the wait.

Too bad. You 'd better post at least three
chapters!Otherwise we will have to complain to authorities?

Renée's back and promises you all to post asap! :)

chapter 7 is up. Enjoy!

Well...the cat is out of the bag and Elizabeth knows of Darcy's presence at the wedding. Will Bingley let more information slip? How long will it take until Darcy returns? How much trouble is he actually in with Aunt Catherine and does he care? Should Elizabeth care?

Can't wait for your next chapter, Ellen!

Thanks Renee for being so quick to post after your return from beautiful France.

I was more than a little surprised that the recognizable voice was Bingley's and not Darcy's. Hmmm....and why is Bingley looking for Lizzy instead of up at the cottage staring into Jane's eyes?? Can't wait for your next post!

Wonderful story!
I'm glad Bingley is back, especially because I can imagine Caroline and Louisa having a nervous break-down when they hear that their brother is courting a homeless Jane.

Here you go, dear fans: chapter 8 is up. Two more to go! Enjoy

Squeeeeeee!!! Bingley is back and Jane's heart looks to being healed very soon!

What will Aunt Gardiner's letter reveal? And Lizzy must pay attention to Mr. Bingley's words! If Caroline was put out after her visit from Mr. Darcy it is hardly likely that he asked her to marry him. Think, Lizzy, think!!

This story is so much fun. Love it, Ellen!

i really love the story!! if it's possible could Lisa email me when the next chapter is posted. i don't really understand this site thing and the only way i can write a message is as a reply.. thankyou.

I suppose you mean yours truly, Kristin, not Lisa.

I'm sorry to tell you though that I cannot e-mail individual visitors about story updates, but you could subscribe to the mailinglist (see form on top of this page) or check the 'what's new' page on which story updates and other news items are announced.

I hope this helps.

Renée

Chapter 8

Ellen! So pleased to see your latest chapter. I think I'd missed it. I very much enjoyed Bingley and Elizabeth's discussion. While much is explained, Lizzy is still confused. That leaves us with a nice reunion soon where she'll be surprised, right? ;)

I liked the reference to Emma although not in the context it was given! I also enjoyed Bingley's comment about who could stay angry with Darcy! Tee hee... not many of us here.

Thanks again for this lovely story!

Good Job Renee. That's the way. aha aha I like it aha aha....Keep pouring it, Honey. I am in reading mood.
Pst. So good to have you back

You were saying....

1 2 3