Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Ellen G's The Worst that Could Happen

I'm really enjoying this sweet story. I like the imagery of Elizabeth finding solace and peace in the orchard.

How awful to have Lady Catherine as a landlord! I'm glad Darcy is still unwilling to be swayed by her influence.

I'm looking forward to more soon.

Your wish has been heard, Amy, chapter 9 is up. Enjoy!

Oh wonderful...
but too short...cliffhanger...shall she see Darcy before the marriage - I hope so.
I love your story..

Yes we all want to know the Bennet ladies' "deliverance"! Is it a good or bad "unexpected quarter"? Is Lady C being forced by Darcy to change her mind and help the Bennets?? Or is it Darcy himself? And why Darcy is not back from London?? So many questions to be answered! We want more Ellen!

Ew! I'm perched on the edge of my seat to see where the Bennet's deliverance will come from! Has Charlotte perhaps discovered their fate and found a way to work some good from her husband's folly???

I absolutely LOVE this story! It is so sweet, and yet I can't wait for Lizzy's misconception of Darcy's "betrothed" to be corrected. Please let it be soon!

The 10th and last chapter of TWTCH is up. Enjoy and don't forget to express your appreciation for Ellen. Remember, it's the author's only reward!

Thanks!

R~

Thank you Ellen. Your story is very sweet and tender. Now you must write the aftermath, don't you think?

Thank you so much Ellen for such a wonderful and satisfying finale to the story! Bravo and keep writing for us.

Patty

Yay!!!! What a great way to tie things up. Darcy's unrestrained ardor and Elizabeth's equal response. So romantic!

That was a grand story, Ellen! Thanks so much for sharing your talents here.

Aww...what an ending!
Girl power to Charlotte
Love the proposal at Mr Bennet's grave, it's as if he had witnessed his daughter's happiness
and the ardour display of the lovers' affections to each other

And the inclusion of Mrs Bennet's happy ending, interesting! At least now that she's settled, she'll have no more poor nerves

Ellen, thank you so much for a great story. It had kept me at the edge of my seat at times , and entertained of course!
Hope to read more of your wonderful work in the future!

Thank you, Ellen, for this delightful story. Congratulations on completing it!

I especially enjoyed this version of Darcy and his excellent second proposal.

Ellen,

What an awesome story! I must say of the few different stories I've read, this is my favorite (along with one other in second place) interpretation of Darcy! Thanks for the great read!

"All good things must come to an end" - or so they say.

Ellen,

Thank you for writing this most wonderful story.

I have enjoying reading chapter after chapter of this most marvellous tale.

I will look forward to any future stories you may write.

I just discovered this great site and the wonderful treasures within...Ellen, I loved this story! Your plot and writing style were wonderful and I can't wait to read more of your work!

Kendra,
Welcome...and thank you. Enjoy!

Ellen G

I've recently been so busy that I haven't been reading stories which aren't completed. I was fortunate to learn today that this story is, indeed, complete.

First of all, I wanted to congratulate you for showing Lady Catherine's true colors. I could very easily see her being this vindictive. Hooray, for a perseverent Mr. Darcy and a loyal Mr. Bingley.

There were a number of phrases throughout which were delightful, and I apologize for not leaving you a review for each chapter or section, but I was too eager to finish the story to do so.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I hope you always find a ripe apple when you need one.

Bambu: Thanks!

I had been meaning to ask Renee to change "WIP" to "Complete," but I know she is very very very busy. Whenever you can, dear Renee....

I had been meaning to ask Renee to change "WIP" to "Complete," but I know she is very very very busy. Whenever you can, dear Renee....

I did asa Bambu pointed it out to me yesterday in my LJ. I had done it on the stories page but not on your own page, Ellen. ... All those little details this poor old head has to think of...

I you haven't seen it, refresh your page and it will show!
R~

This was excellent! Thank you so much for writing it!

BR, Many thanks!

This was a very enjoyable story. Bingley was nicely written and I liked how you handled the confrontations with Lady Catherine. Good of you to give some happiness to Mrs. Bennet in the end :)

Just read this delightful story! Thank you for your site!

Thoroughly enjoyed your story!!!! Thank you so much!

Kim

I loved your story, Ellen, truly loved it. Lady Catherine is awful! Of course that just adds to my enjoyment of this happy story. Thanks!

Thanks very much to all those who are new to this story. It was my first full-length attempt at FF, and I'm very proud of the results.

I loved your story, but especially I loved the ending which did not dilly-dally around Lizzy-Darcy happines for 2 chapters nor described their kisses, hugs and - worce of all - first sex scene which would not sound anything like Regency sweet-swetting (pardon the expression).
Once they found the happiness you managed to end it and gave additional suprise in MRS Bennet's marriage. That was great. :)

Welcome, Serinah! I'm glad you enjoyed the story; it was my first full-length work of fanfiction, and considerably more true to Regency standards than anything I've written since. I must confess that you might not find my other works so innocently pleasing, but there are those who enjoy that type of literature as well.

Hi Ellen,
Great Job!! Loved your story. Had to read it all in one sitting. It flowed quit easily. I am eager to read your other stories and am sure they are just as well written. Thank you again and plz continue writting. Maybe a story of their married life??????

Hi Maria,

Read "The Lesson" and the two prequels to this short story, and you'll learn quite a few things about their married life!

Hi, Maria! I'm just back from vacation, and wanted to say hi and "thanks" for your kind words.

Welcome back, my dear friend. Hope you had a great time!

Anxiously awaiting new instalments!

Ellen,

This is probably the tenth time I have read this story and each time I like it more. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

*blush profusely*

Thank you, Ruth! You just made my day!

Just read it, and love it. Thank you, Ellen.

Carol

i really enjoyed this story. i like how it was worded, like the book and movies were (not modern language), it was done well. mad props!

-Caitlin Elizabeth

Welcome, c.e., and thanks.

Hi Ellen!

Well, I´m brazilian and absolutely loved your story. Congratulations, even though the plot reminds alittle of Sense and Sensibility, oyur fanfic is totally original...and I feel like killing Lady Catherine ...

Bad thoughts apart, I´d like to translate you story to my firends at our "Pride and Prejudice - Fanfics" ato orkut. Most of them don´t speak English and I think the´d enjoy your work as much as I did.

I´ll send you the first chapter translated for you to have an idea of whow it would be in Portuguese. I´ve already translated Julie´s "I Saw Her Standing There" and after finishing posting it, I rewied some mistakes done in the beggining - after all, I was my first translation! - Now I´m sending it chapter by chapter to our communitary e-mail and to Julie. If you´d like to have an idea of how it can be, ask her to show you...

Aff...I think I wrote too much...anyway, best wishes for you!

Kisses

Jacque

Jacque,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed my story enough to want to translate it! One of my short stories, "Report from Longbourn," was translated into Portuguese some time ago.

Let me know how it turns out!

How cool is that?!

And you've chosen well, Jacqui.

Ellen, thank you so much for your reply, I´ll send you the first chapter tomorrow. About "Repor from Longbourn", it was translated by my friend Darli, who I met on the Internet. She is an amazing wirter, maybe someday I´ll translate her owrks to English...

Renée, thanks for the compliment, I loved this site!

You girls rock!

This was a delightful story, so very true to character and voice. I greatly enjoyed this new twist on an old favorite. Thank you!

Mel, I'm always thrilled when someone finds TWTCH. It was my first full-length fanfic and the only one I've done that keeps strictly to JA style, complete with family-friendly rating. Thanks for your kind words.

Dear Ellen G,

I read your story and liked it a lot. Congratulations, it's a very nice "alternative middle and ending"! I choose it among the others at "Mrs. Darcy Story" not only because of its rating (though I am no longer a child, I want to have nothing to do with R/NC17-rated stuff) but also because I was expecting to find a continuation, and the idea of a diferent ending made me curious. This is the first P&P based story I ever read, and I was very agreeably surprised at both the plot quality and your writing style.

I particularly liked the part when Lizzy and Mr. Darcy are talking under the apple trees, it was very moving; I also enjoyed your clever use of some bits of the original story. The final scene at the graveyard was so sweet, and though people never kiss in Austen's books, I thought it was very well done in your story; with love, tenderness and respect, and not exageratedly passionate... or worse. I understand from your answer to another post that not all your stories are so innocent, but that's OK for me, since the one I read is! And for this one I am very thankful to you.

"I will only add, God bless you."

Best wishes,

Sofia.

Sofia,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It's true, my other stories are not so innocent. I don't usually go into a story deciding that I will make it "R" rated, but somehow it turns out that way, and many readers enjoy it. But you aren't alone in the type of story you favor. Perhaps one day I will write another one that can be read by a wider audience.

Meanwhile, thanks again for your kind words.

Ellen,

Thank you for your answer. I was looking forward to receiving it, but hadn't expected it so soon! There are other things I wanted to tell you, but right now I just don't have the time - so, good bye!

Dear Ellen, what I have to say is nothing important, it's just that I felt I had to tell you.

I had a wrong notion that "R" rated stories must necessarily be bad (immoral), and now I know it isn't always so. I accidentaly read one of yours (didn't notice the rating), and even though I can't say I liked it (sorry... no offense meant, you know) nor will I be reading others of the kind, it made me realize that the "R" means merely it's not for children or teenagers, but fine for grown-ups if they enjoy it (this may be pretty obvious, but I had never thought about the subject...). I have no idea of how far it is OK for adults to indulge in this sort of literature, - what is of course none of my concern; but I want to express my admiration for your writing, no matter if the stories are not the type I enjoy. I'm well aware that that they are loved by many others!

Thank you again for your very nice reply.

Yours,

Sofia.

Dear Sofia,

Welcome to Mrs Darcy's and thank you for visiting my site despite your aversion against stories that are more or less of an adult nature. Whenever you see the NC17 or R rating you can expect some eroticism. PG13 will never go farther than an implicit described kiss on the mouth or some allusions to things that happen in the bedroom, and PG or no rating at all are entirely without naughty stuff. On this page you will find an overview of stories posted on my site, ratings included. I can recommend Jan H as a PG13 author or Sofie.

There's one FF site I can recommend that only allows PG or PG13 stories, and that's DWG

You will not be unpleasantly surprised over there in this regard.

Enjoy yourself in the JA fandom!

Renée

Dear Renée,

Thank you for both your message and the reading recommendations. You are very kind (and understanding ).

Let me compliment you for your site, I found it to be well designed and very organized. What a lot of stories you have here! I also enjoyed the forums, I love to read the thoughts and opinions of other people. It's very nice of you and your friends/writers to share all this with us readers.

Best wishes,

Sofia.

Review

definitely loved the story!!

so cute!

1 2 3