Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

I do hope that shreik was from Georgiana as she watched her brother soundly hit Wickham over the head, knocking him senseless - but in time to see that his attentions to Elizabeth were thoroughly unwanted!

Great, and that scene on the settee - swoon!

Julie

Chapter 14 is up, dear fans. Enjoy!

R~

Well, Ellen, you get a gold star for surprises! Never in my wildest imagination did I think of Lady Catherine as the administrator of the Wickham Whomping Blow! Ironic, too, that her actions succeeded in preventing a scandal that might have worked in her favor.

As for Elizabeth offering herself to Darcy, that girl is in love! She risks so much for him....and I'm a firm believer in following one's intuition. If she has a bad feeling about Wickham and Darcy traveling together, it is important to listen to her inner voice.

You're becoming a bit of a Cliff Hanger Queen young lady!

Isn't she, Rita!? I would never have thought about Lady C either, but what a hoot! ...even though she's not very nice further on, but that's what could be expected of course.

I agree with you, Lizzy has this intuition about something dreadful to happen. No wonder, given the fact that her beau has to travel with a rogue without any scrupules such as Wickham. I think she makes the ultimate sacrifice (in the light of Regency mores), and Ellen's Lizzy has even become dearer to me than she already was. This is true Love with a capital L.

Can't wait for the next, dear Ellen.

R~

Ooo err missis, looks like Lizzy and Darcy are about to be naughty, and I can not think of a better excuse!

Did see Lady C coming....but then nor did Wickham

I do hope that Wickham dosnt chuck a spanner in the works, what would Lizzy do without Darcy.

It is romantic and I gues I can see that Lizzy is making a sacrifice for Darcy, but really, how much of a sarifice is it? She shall not be suffering I am sure. Most convient of Wickham to put them in such a position I must say . In this case I belive he is more freind than foe.....so long as he dosent pull a nasty.

I was surprised with Lady Catherine myself. I thought Elizabeth had grabbed something and hit him. You're right about Elizabeth not making a sacrifice and she is very wise in thinking that something could happen to Darcy. I hope not! But maybe something will happen to Wickham. Thanks, Ellen, for another great chapter. Waiting for the next as always. Cindy

and I gues I can see that Lizzy is making a sacrifice for Darcy, but really, how much of a sarifice is it?

If she appears to be pregnant, and if Darcy wouldn't come back (God forbid!), she'd make a huge sacrifice. According to the mores of the days, she probably won't be allowed access to Pemberley and will probably never see the heir of Pemberley shortly after having given birth to him/her...

So, let's hope, and I'm confident, he will return safe and sound!

Lady Catherine! What a surprise! I was expecting either Darcy, Georgina or Vickers to come to Lizzy's rescue but it's neither them! Great plot here !

Am dreading Darcy's trip with Wickham, and hoping that he will come back intact and in time for the wedding (please say you will not give us more angst Ellen!). Love Lizzy's very thoughtful proposal and "sacrifice" here, look forward to their coupling

I must confess to asuming that Ellen would not be so crule as to kill off Darcy. My comment therefore refered to the sacrifice of getting with child, which I am sure will be no hardship. Assuming the wedding goes to plan and no busy bodies find out.

In that case, dear Lisa, I agree, no sacrifice at all!

And I'm sure Ellen won't be so cruel as to deny our beloved a couple a happy end!

Ok Ellen, let's just admit it, Lizzy is mighty randy! And she propositions Darcy, like he really would say no! I know she has this gut instinct, and hey I can't say I blame her one bit, but I just hope you won't allow Wickham to harm Darcy! I can see him delaying Darcy from his wedding, but please do not harm him!

I see fireworks ahead with the coming together of Darcy and Lizzy so I will have my ready! Oh Ellen, just another great chapter, I can't wait for the next one! Please post ASAP!!!!
Brandy

How can Darcy refuse such an offer?! Why does he have to travel with Wickham (which can only lead to more angst )? There are many other ways out of this dilemma... they could marry immediately, Col. Fitzwilliam could go with Wickham, Darcy could hire some burly men to do the guarding. What will Ellen choose? The suspense is insupportable!

Darcy is too confident, I'm sure Wickham has something up his sleeve and will try and kill Darcy as soon as he can. What is he thinking? I vote they marry in secret by special license first - these two have not thought this through and it does not bode well, not well at all... I felt George was planning on killing him before, and now the timing will be perfect on some lonely road, George will hire some brigands to come and "rob" them and kill Darcy - Lizzy, don't let him go!

Julie

Oh gosh!

What a chapter! I can't wait for the next one, Ellen! Thanks so much.

Oh, Ellen, you like angst, don't you? But as long as you like happy endings too, I don't have a problem with that!

I agree that their current scheme to have an heir is very risky, and rather different from the first time Darcy had planned to have with Lizzy, but then things hardly go according to plan for Darcy in this story... I hope it's not a bad omen. You aren't so cruel as to have something really bad happen to D&L... right?

Oh, and I loved the surprise of Lady Catherine, add me to the ones who wouldn't have imagined she was the one to beat Wickham! I loved the way she poked at him with her stick (as one might at the remains of a particularly disgusting creature found along the side of a road, indeed!!!), and I couldn't agree more with her when she said: "Still alive"..."A great pity."

Thanks for this chapter, Ellen. As always, I eagerly await your next post!

This is my first post at this website (congratulations and thanks, Renee, for a successful site).

I've been enjoying this story very much, but I agree with Julie who suggested that Darcy & Lizzy *use* the special licence first. (The night after would be ok). I agree that there's no reason to trust Wickham not to harm Darcy or to think that Lizzy's possession of a special licence & a letter to the solicitor would help in any way. I believe that unless Darcy changed his will, those documents would not enable his love child to inherit Pemberley.

Looking forward to the next developments.
Margaret (marliz at HG)

They already have the special licence. I suggest marrying come morning would be the best idea. Safest way to protect Lizzy & any child, should god forbid anything happen to Darcy (I am assuming for my sanity that you wont actually kill him off)

Even with a letter etc. There is no gaurantee that an illigitment child will get any claim whatsoever to Pemberly. Come now Darcy, you are a clever man. Marry the girl. You can marry her again later if all goes well, and no-one needs to be the wiser for it. But if not.........Lizzy will be protected. Even with an acknowledged engagement, she would still become a fallen woman and shuned if she should bear his child.

This is my first post at this website (congratulations and thanks, Renee, for a successful site).

Thank you, Margaret, and a warm welcome to you.

As far as your worries are concerned, I bet Ellen will come up with the best solution possible for our couple. After all, Darcy's a noble man, he is very well aware of his class and its morals (for which Lady C is the very model), and who would never want it to harm Lizzy in any way...

He was spoilt by his parents, grew up selfishly and was taught to look meanly to people outside his family circle... but he has changed...

I've got all the confidence in the world!

I've got all the confidence in the world!

Thanks for your faith, Renee!

I realize that I have created quite an uproar with this approach, but what is a story without some dramatic tension, after all? Please allow me to reassure my readers that they will not be disappointed.

"I realize that I have created quite an uproar with this approach, but what is a story without some dramatic tension, after all? Please allow me to reassure my readers that they will not be disappointed."

Oh good! I can't wait for the next chapter, Ellen. Thanks for such a wonderful story!

I hope nothing happens to Darcy during his trip! Their plan sounds great but its sure to bring about a whole new set of problems.

Ellen, I love this story. I'll be hoping for a whole lot of updating during the holidays. What else am I to do but clean and read!

Chere Ellen, chere Renée,

No chapter this week ?! I am impatiently waiting !

Especially after such a last chapter - I couldn't have imagined Elizabeth ever being that outspoken !

Soon, Ellen ?

Dear Mihaela, do not fret. I have some wrinkles to iron out, but I promise that the next chapter will be very fulfilling!

Ellen,
I can't wait !

Thanks Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 15 is up, my dears. Enjoy and do not forget your fan!

Yay! I loved it Ellen. Definitely put my mind at ease. Mr. Darcy is so sneeky...

Bravo!! Bravo!!! What a sneaky but delightful way to end your chapter, Ellen. Gosh I love your story. Sexy Darcy , Forward Elizabeth, and an Unparalleled Evil Wickham (please let him be dispatched somehow before he hurts Darcy or Elizabeth! ).

You rock!

Ellen, I love this story!!! The Mr. Dorsett seems creepy, and I love the Wickham and Georgiana marriage--I always thought someone should write it where they married.

Very nice, of course,

CaseyC

Oh, I was sure that Dorsett was the attorney sent for to draw up the papers ensuring that any child to result from their impending union would be considered a rightful heir. I was a little surprised to learn that he was in fact a parson. Well done. Poor Darcy could never have lived with the knowledge or memory of this "act" performed out of wedlock with his most beloved Elizabeth. What a relief for us all! Happy Holidays indeed.

Lovely chapter ! Darcy is so sweet and caring ....

Initially i thought Mr Dorsett is a bodyguard of sort haha! Towards the end it turned out to be otherwise! Wickham is such a scum, so glad that Georgina decided not to convince her brother to let him stay. Eagerly await the next chapter and find out what's going to happen during Darcy & Wickham trip!

Aww, that was excellent! You really had me fooled there, but I was so happy to realize they were married afterall! Thanks for a very 'satisfying' chapter! :D

Julie

WOW!!! Mrs. Darcy! That was quite a shock. Thanks, Ellen. Can't wait to read further. Cindy

Ohmigod, that was awesome! I never saw that coming with MR. Dorsett. I was sure Darcy paid him to kill Wickham. Obviously I was way off the mark. So sweet to have them married, not to mention the hot hot hot love that followed. Good for Georgie too backing up Darcy. Great, great chapter! I guess you can tell I enjoyed it. Thanks!

No, you won't hear me say... 'I told you so!'

As great a chapter as I expected, Ellen. Lovely, lovely!

WOW Ellen, a wonderful romantic chapter! And I was so glad to hear they were married beforehand! Either way would have been fine with me, but thank you for protecting Lizzy just in case something does happen to Darcy and/or Lizzy becomes pregnant! Which I think we all want to happen soon! Great chapter and we look forward to your next chapter!

Thanks for all the love!

I'm surprised no one thought that Mr. Dorsett was hired by Mr. Wickham to kill Darcy, which is how I intended him to appear. But you all had such creative (and equally interesting!) takes on him!

They were married ! YES ! YES ! YES !Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wonderful chapter, Ellen !
And a very sensual first time...Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am glad Georgiana seems to finally open her eyes...
Can't wait and see what happens next.
Another chapter this week, as a Christmas gift ?
Pleaaaaaase !

Renee, this is us begging for more from you: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mihaela, where DO you get those awesome smilies?

And I'm afraid that Renee is completely unable to post another chapter, as I have not yet sent her one. We'll all just have to wait, won't we?

Great chapter, Ellen.

I knew Darcy was too experienced to act under Lizzy's suggestion. I guess that's just an example of how

"from his judgment, information, and knowledge of the world, she must have received benefit of greater importance."

The greatest importance, indeed, in this situation.

Now the legalities have been attended to, I'm still wary of the evil that Wickham might attempt (yay to Georgiana for her determination--sad for her, of course). Looking forward to the next episode.

Lovely, Ellen, lovely, thanks for a great chapter!!!

I DID think that Mr. Dorsett was either hired by Wickham to kill Darcy, or by Darcy as a bodyguard to take care of Wickham during the trip. I was fooled, of course, but I don't care, after that hot night shared by D&E I loved it!!! (still fanning myself here...)

I can't wait for the next chapter!! (I'm curious to know what Wickham will try to do )

OMG OMG OMG Ellen, I admit that my heart nearly burst with joy when I read your last sentence... "Sleep well, Mrs. Darcy." ...I have to admit I have been silence in your forum simply because I have not read it as yet...I can't take the "WIP" angst...but being an impatient me..I just can't resist..this is my lucky day...that I began with Chap 1 and end with your wonderful and sensational Chap 15.... ...Ellen...please can we have a sizzling morning after soon ...

please can we have a sizzling morning after soon

Soon enough, my dear!

Ellen !
I have realized that they didn't have a wedding banquet...:-)
Not that would diminish the importance of the wedding night.... but here they are having some champaign...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cheers !

Dearest Mihaela, I am afraid it would have been rather difficult to get sparkling wine from France in the early 1800, if not impossible. Anyway,I believe that Ellen's Elizabeth can't complain, can she? I would gladly change all the champaigne in the world for one night only in such....mmmm...enticing company!!!

I would gladly change all the champaigne in the world for one night only in such....mmmm...enticing company!!!

Indeed, Eli!!

Beautifully written.

So tender, so loving - so hmmmmmmm wonderful.

Would the child be recognised under the law???? - being illegimate???? should sometime desperate happen to Fitzwilliam??????

Well written - well done.

Sandra,
I don't think the child is illegitimate !
They were married before his eventual conception... if there would be aPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Would the child be recognised under the law???? - being illegimate????

Dear Sandra, rest easy. If you've already read Chapter 15, perhaps you got so caught up in the good lovin' that you missed Darcy calling Elizabeth "Mrs. Darcy" at the very end. Mr. Dorsett was there to make that happen. More explanation in the next chapter!

Ooh, Ellen, I can't wait! Thank you so much for such a wonderful chapter.

Oh Wonderful they married - I am so pleased for them. Congrats to Mr and Mrs Darcy, good health and a trouble free future.....some hope with eviel Wickham around to spoil things. What will you do with him, surely little G need to find some happyness before the end of your tale.

A very satisfying chapter Cheers.

1 2 3 4 5 6