Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
The Eye of the Storm by Belen

I'm happy and proud to announce that an author I've admired for years has joined Mrs Darcy's circle of fanfiction authors. Belen, I wish you a warm welcome and I'm sure Mrs Darcy's visitors will adore your stories as much as anywhere else.

My dears, the first chapter of Belen's brand new Regency/PP WIP "The Eye of the Storm" has been posted!

A whodunnit in hte best tradition of Agatha Christie!

don't forget to give Belen some feedback. Remember, it's the fanfiction author's only reward!

Re: The Eye of the Storm by Belen

SmileyCentral.com
Ladies and gentlemen, it is with the greatest pleasure that hereafter I am proud to annouce Miss Belén, well-known ARGENTINIAN authoress of PP fanfiction.
SmileyCentral.com
Welcome my good friend. Let us show the world real Latin savoury storytelling.

Wow, Belen!! Great start! You have me loathing Lady C quite vigorously already. Never thought I'd sympathize with Mr. Collins...you have wrought a miracle! LOL

I look forward to your next chapter very much.

Now don't we just love to hate the villain?... or villainess in the case! Great beginning- looking forward to wherever you take us!
Thanks!
Kim

Welcome Belen!

I love ALL your stories and know I will love this this one too. You're off to a great start.

Gwendolyn

I'm feeling so sorry for the Collins, subjected to such abuse! Great writing to start off with Belen, look forward to the next chapter!

wow, interesting, I believe I will enjoy following your story.
Hmmm, murder? Lady Catherine? could we be so lucky. Oh but then she won't be there to push Darcy & Lizzy together.

Belen, I'm so excited to see another of your stories! I'm a great admirer of your work; I'm always re-reading one of your stories or another. As a former equestrian, there's a soft spot in my heart for "Obstacles to Overcome" (plus Darcy in breeches is HOT).

I'm loving "The Eye of the Storm." Darcy & Elizabeth, on an isolated, romantic island ... I can't wait. And I appreciate the fact that although Mr. Collins is still Mr. Collins, he has a spine! It's refreshing to see - or is that read - him doing something other than kissing you-know-what all the time. And Lady C ... she's so bad, I love her!

This is going to be great! Thanks again for all your hard, Belen, & I look forward to more chapters!

32Flavors

are you the same Belen from Austen Interlue?
I love this title already, I can't wait to read it, though I haven't read the beginning yet, I had a scroll over and it looks good, the summary looks good too

The very same, Hanghnu!

Thank you all for your comments and warm welcome to this great site.

And yes, Hanghnu, I'm the same (and only, as far as I know) Belen in P&P fanfiction boards.

32flavors: Rosings may be isolated, but certainly it is not romantic. You'll see!

And to the rest of you who condole with poor Mr. Collins, wait and see what happens to the others!

Once again, thank you all for your feedback!
Be

Chapter2 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Thanks for another great chapter! I like the way this is developing and enjoy your vivid scenery!

Kim

Hello Belen!
I just cannot express how happy I am that I can read your new story. Two first chapters got me intrigued, you can really feel the atmosphere of this island. So far it seems to be a slightly different from your previous stories which is really great! I can't wait next chapters. Thank you !!!!.
Aleksandra

So I guess we can assume that Lady C is close to meeting her maker. Possibly in the next chapter.
As usual your writing is fantastic and your story plot is intriguing. Thank you.

Mo

Its so nice to see you over here Belen!!

I am also an admirer of all your stories. Obstacles to Overcome is one of favorites. I can't tell you how many times I have read it over and over.

On to this story....mmmmmm I have always liked a good mystery!! I can't wait to see what happens.

Sandy

Very good chapter, Belen. I like Anne. I guess I like all the characters except Lady C. I wonder if Darcy feels as if he has to marry Anne just to rescue her from her evil mother. I love a mystery so keep up the good work!

Now I'm curious! This is a very intriguing story so far, Belen. I can't wait to read more.

Your name rings a bell Belen, until some readers mentioned here that you have wrote Obstacles to Overcome, then I remembered I read your story last year! I enjoyed that story alot and have to add that in this new story, your writing style is so different and it sure holds our attention and I can't wait to read what's going to happen in the next chapter!

Belen,

I've been reading your stories on AI for ages and this is yet another fantastic one here.

I thought that Darcy was very brave to test Lady Catherine's displeasure - by up and walking out in such a manner !!

I wait with anticipation as to what happens next on this most rocky outcrop !!!!

Oh! Not sure how I missed this update, Belen. I like the way you're offering tiny tidbits of Darcy's true character to be revealed through Anne's conversation with Elizabeth as well as Darcy's own words.

I continue to feel sympathy for any poor soul within a mile of Lady Catherine. She is a piece of work. Since this is a dark mystery, I'm hoping that Lady C will fall victim to some murderer. I just wanted to know, are they going to draw straws to see who gets to kill her???

Excellent beginning, Belen! I always love to hate Lady C.

Looking forward to the next chapters...

Can't wait for a new chapter!!! I'm getting twitchy here! LOL

Can't wait for a new chapter!!! I'm getting twitchy here! LOL

Here you go, luv! Chapter three is up. Enjoy!

Although I have already had a look at it(and you know the extend of my look quite well, my friend)I cannot help enjoying reading it again on the page at Mrs Darcy. It has a different flavour. Maybe it is the lovely setting it has been placed in. Whatever it is, I am delighted.This scene of Richard I just love.(You know me) I must thank you for this. It is a great treat to my female sensibilities!Mmmmmmm

I knew it, I knew it... Eli, when I read that part, I couldn't help thinking about you all the time!

My oh my, what is this with you beautiful, talented Argentinian babes! You don't only have lovely personalities, but so talented too!

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your stories and your inspiring company.

R~

Renee! Thanks for having mercy on me and posting Belen's awesome chapter.

Ohhhhh!!!!! There's more tha one storm brewing! I adore the Richard and (lively) Anne combination...let's hope Lady C is taken out of the picture by the storm so that they can be together.

I know! Lady C can be out by the cliffs telling the wind which way to blow and the wind can suck her right off her precarious perch. Yup! I like it....though I'm sure it isn't nearly as intriguing as what you have in store for us.

By the way is Maria a tattle tale? One of Lady C's spies? Please tell me no, even if you don't mean it! LOL

There could be a few storms on the horizon after this! Thoroughly enjoying your story!
Thanks!
Kim

By the way is Maria a tattle tale?

I was thinking exactly the same, Rita! Sneaky little creature...

Belen; I have been reading your work at AI as well and am so glad you are here at Mrs.Darcys. I am really enjoying Anne & Richard...perfect pair...now what's up with Darcy & Lizzy? She's not happy with him right now so how is he going to redeem himself isolated on that island? Oh what a tangled web you weave...

What can I say Renee? My Richard Fitzwilliam has his charms...great personality...You will soon see a whole new fanfiction world built around him, too. You cannot imagine how much I whined around Belen to have her write sth nice of him...But she sticked to Austen's version that he was not handsome. Yet, he is very sexy, isn't he?
Thank you Belen!!

Belen thanks for another excellent chapter! Things are getting really intresting! It is so hard to predict what will happen next. Your descriptions of the island are very real, tangible, one can imagine it easily and feel the atmoshpere of the place. Once again you managed beautifully to create this special chemistry between Elizabeth and Darcy. He is even more intriguing in these circumstances.
I can't wait the next istallment.
Aleksandra.

Yet, he is very sexy, isn't he?

He is, baby, he is!

My men don't need to be handsome, they need to have character, humour, intelligence... and yes, they must be sexy, most definitely!

One of my idols supreme in this regard... Christopher Walken! Not exactly handsome, but all other qualities i appreciate plus the fact that he's a great dancer.

So, Belén, keep the Anne/Colonel scenes comin' ... Loved it! I like to see Anne happy.

One of my idols supreme in this regard... Christopher Walken!

Will you please pardon my memory? I definitely know the man, but I fail to picture him. Can you tell me any of his works?Have a picture or smthg?

He played in sooooo many movies. One of my favs is Blast from the Past, but this link leads to imdb where they are all listed.
Christopher Walken

And watch this... you'll love it!

Weapons of Choice

sorry, Belén, for hijacking your thread, but your colonel inspired me actually!

I thought it was him. He is an excellent actor and he used to be really handsome when he was young. Now he is a bit old and kind of spooky...but still amazing. I lastt saw him playing the part of Zoolander's father, a miner. Hilarious! The good thing of the man is that he is so versatile!He can be funny, spooky, dangerous...I remember a movie in which he had these premonitions and no one believed him until things happened.Great performance.
From the old days I love this great film director who used to make westerns, what was his name?The one that directed "Million Dollar Babe." Oh I used to love him!I can't remember his name!

That's Clint Eastwood, hon!

Eli; just to clarify; the father in Zoolander was played by Jon Voight (Angelina Jolie's papa)

A storm indeed!!!!! named Elizabeth Bennett !!!!!

Belen, I'm really enjoying this windswept story !!!

What will the storm bring?? Please don't keep us wait too long Belen!

A little breathlessly barging in to let you know that chapter 4 has been posted. Enjoy!

Belen, you know how to build up suspense...

R~

Oh, my, Belen! The stage is set, and I for one cannot wait to read on!

HeHeHe...Lady C is going to get hers! I love it...and maybe this will give Lizzy a chance to commiserate with Darcy and learn about Wickhams foul deeds early on.

I am really enjoying your story. It is so different from the usual regency stuff. I want more!!!

Love the storytelling, Belen!

Looking forward to the next episode.

Margaret

Well, I think my original theory is correct, they will draw straws to see who gets the privilege of killing her. Or maybe they'll pull an Agatha Christie and each of them can have a go at her so that its not certain who actually did the deed.

If my theory is wrong, then I pray for a very stray bolt of lightning to bring her life to a 'shocking' conclusion!!!!

Thank you girls!

Rita: Maybe they will not draw straws to see who will kill her, but they all flirted with the idea of getting rid of the old bat. Now we only have to wait until the truth is revealed!

Be

Got hanged in the air again! Hope your next chapter is coming soon .....Lady C is soooo manipulative, and it is nice for a change to see all the 3 cousins voicing out their opinions (even though it doesn't matter in Lady C's eyes). Looks like Lizzy could be playing sleuth, since she has been catching all the gist. Look forward to the next update!

Lady C is soooo manipulative...

And has no shame! Atrocious woman.

that was one heck of an update, I love that chapter, and all the others too off course

I wonder if Lizzy is just going to confront Darcy, I wish she would.

Lady Catherine, such greeds, I wonder what she gets out of this, the fortune stays in the family, but for what?

I wonder has Lady Catherine any elinking that Darcy is deadly attracted to Miss Bennet?

Shame Mr Wickham was not mention, you mention something abt Agatha Christie, will there be murder mysteries here?

hope to see more updates soon

Just read the first four chapters and I have to say that so far this is one of the coolest stories I've read in a while. Love the way you've described the scenery and created a sort of threatening undercurrent, a constant feeling that danger is lurking just around the corner. Or something. Anyways, lovely:)

1 2 3 4 5