Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Thanks, all!

I like the doctor...but Elizabeth seems to have shown no interest in him whatsoever.

I have not discerned any tender tendencies from Elizabeth for him.

Well, he's not a total fool like Mr. Collins, and it's still early on...

I'm outta here tomorrow at a truly ridiculous hour (any of you awake at 3:30 AM US Eastern Daylight Time?) and I won't be back until Sunday the 22nd.

Meanwhile, I promise there will be much to enjoy in Chapter 6, which I'll try to finish while I'm away.

Keep the forum warm for me!

Keep the forum warm for me! >/i>

We will, darling, we will! Enjoy yourself.

Though Darcy is blind, I must say he is still astute in his observations about the doctor's interest in Lizzy. Well, it's a good thing that Jane noticed his preference towards her sister, so hopefully she will help in some ways aiding Lizzy to favour towards Darcy .

Anyway great chapter again, i'm loving the competition betw these 2 men !!

""Do you know, Miss Bennet," Mr. Darcy began, "that when one cannot see, one's other senses are somewhat heightened?""
We already know that our beloved Darcy can HEAR better and SMELL better. When we are going to find out how about his other senses? Like TASTE and TOUCH.
What a great story!
Basia

This is such a great story line, very rarely does Darcy have some kind of incapacity, especially at the beginning of the story. I love that he is already feeling jealous of Mr. Hampton, it will do him good. But I truly hope that he recovers his sight or how else will he be able to appreciate Elizabeth's 'fine eyes?' Update soon!

This is such a cool story, thank you Ellen! I like the fact that Darcy is blind, a very original twist (although now my halfwit brain keeps bringing up images of Toby Stephens in Jane Eyre when I try to think of Darcy, a bit confusing but I think I'll manage, to me he's almost as lovable as MM or CF anyway:). And I love the fact that Darcy has competition (as long as he gets the girl in the end, at least). Anyway, just wanted to say thank you, keep up the superb work:)

I just began this lovely story. I cannot wait for more. I don't want Darcy uncomfortable, but whether he regains his sight or not, I think these two might do quite well together.

Dear all,
On behalf of my good friend I thank you all for your kind words. As many of you know, Ellen is away on holidays(or vacations as she would probably say)Still, she leaked out that she is already writing next chapter so that she can post it as soon as she returns. Keep writing these nice comments, they certainly help an author's imagination instantly grow.
Best regards from Ellen.
Eli

SUch an interesting turn of events! Of course the doctor would think Darcy wasn't interested in Elizabeth based on his comments about her older sister. I look forward to the possible rivalry and also to finding out more about the permanent extent of Darcy's injuries. Thanks for the very good chapter, Ellen.

Dear Ellen,
are you back yet ?

Hope you had a great visit !
And if you had some time to write, who am I to protest ?

Missing you...

Ah, Mihaela, so loyal! I can always count on you!

Yes, I'm back, and Chapter 6 is almost done, with just a little polishing needed. I would say certainly within the next two days I'll be sending it off to Renee. Your patience will be rewarded.

Always ! I am as steadfast as Darcy...

I am glad you're back - and the chapter will be a pleasure, I am sure.

hugs

Dear Mihaela and all other fans of Ellen, chapter 6 has just been posted. Enjoy!

Wow! That was a very sensual moment betw Darcy and Lizzy! You have written it so so well Ellen . But now that Mr Hampton has witnessed the scene, I can only hope that he's not the sort who will resort to sabotage his rival in getting what he wants.

Thank you Renée ! Indeed a great company for my mid-morning coffee !

Ellen, this was a wonderful chapter !
We are not yet privy of Darcy's thoughts after his interview with Miss Bennet - but it cannot be that bad ! he was in good spirits afterwards...
And after such poignant dreams, very bold indeed to ask to "see" her...
Lovely moment and so touching (pun unintented)... and very sensual ! And it was great to note Elizabeth's own reaction to his closeness and light touch.
As for him finding her "beautiful"... *swoon*

I can tell, dear Ellen, that I find your interpretation of the Netherfield library scene much more to my taste than JA's one ...

Now - how much EXACTLY did dr.Hampton see ? Only the good bye prolongued kiss ? I hope he didn't witness the 'seeing' moment. Not because I dread his interference, but because it was too beautiful to have it marred.

You were perfectly right ! No way this chapter could disappoint ! Loved it !

And now... I will indulge myself in some wild speculation...
Do we have to brace ourselves for the next chapter ? Enters Wickham ? Well, I hope dr Hampton does know a lot of Darcy to counter some of the venom...

Thank you... and well, I never said I would be content with only one chapter... so...please post soon... *wink*

YW, chère Mihaela!

It hardly ever happens to me when reading fanfiction, but I had to wipe a tear when reading how Darcy was exploring her face. It was incredibly poignant and beautiful.

That was beautiful Ellen! It was sooo sensual. Maybe your best chapter ever!!! Thanks.

Oh my, that was sexy! Is it awful of me to hope Dr. Hampton takes a long walk on a short pier? I don't want anything bad to happen to him, just for him to go away. I have a bad feeling he is going to interfere with Lizzy and Darcy because he has feelings for her.

Glad everyone liked the chapter!

I have a bad feeling he is going to interfere with Lizzy and Darcy because he has feelings for her.

Aww, Alicia, why ever would you think that???

SmileyCentral.com
Go, go Ellen. You are the best!!! I am dying for your Darcy. I confess HBK's Darcy is still lingering deep in my heart and the rest of my most inner emotions. That kiss at the N ball.Mmmmm Delightful experience. And their reunion at Longbourn....SmileyCentral.com
Still, this Darcy is awakening motherly feelings in me...I suppose the same happens to Elizabeth...Though judging from her reaction at his touch I doubt she had such chaste sentiments in her...bosom.

This might be my favorite story! This Darcy gives me goosebumps! :)

Oh my! If that wasn't the most sensual moment I've read in a long time....it gave me shivers! Elizabeth, too! LOL Darn, Mr. Hampton witnessed it. He has a decided advantage over Darcy in his ability to read those important non-verbal signals that are such an important part of communication as well as his mobility. He can now go with Elizabeth while Darcy finds himself not yet prepared to leave the security of Netherfield.

Will Darcy ask Elizabeth to come read to him? Would that be appropriate? My regency etiquette has drawn a blank on that.

My favorite chapter so far, Ellen!

Rita wanted to post this smiley, but took the wrong code. So here it is...

WoW!
I love this story.. I have never commented before on this website b/c my english skills are very far from good but this chapter made me delurk.
I have read a lot of JA fanfiction but this chapter was among the best I read in a long time: the "looking/touching" was a very beautiful moment.. although I wish the good doctor didnt witness it, but he unfortunately did.. something tells me he's going to spoil everything! :(
and btw, thank you very much Renée for this wonderful website and the time you take to make it such a nice virtual place to visit..
LiseT.

A very warm welcome to you LisaT! And thank you for your kind compliment. I'm doing my best to offer the authors the place they deserve and make it a pleasant environment to visit for all the fans.

And your English is excellent BTW, so don't worry about that!

Thank you, Renee! You're the best!

Renee

What a beautiful, sensual almost erotic moment. It was perfect, and Darcy's honest compliment hopefully gave Lizzy something to think about.

Dr. Hampton is a nice person, but he sounds like he'll do whatever it takes to get his way, and I have a bad feeling about that!

Great story Renee...I love it when Darcy & Lizzy are at least trying to understand eachother!

That was such a lovely moment between Elizabeth and Darcy in the library. Oh my!

I hope that Mr. Hampton will not be too disappointed in the end, although I assume there will be plenty of angst in the near future.

Excellent story!

Darling, Frances, as much as I would wish it to be mine, you do know that this is Ellen's story, right?

But I agree with everything you said!

I'd like to add my welcome to LiseT, and to second Renee's comment that if your first post is any indication of your skills in English, "No one admitted to the privilege of hearing you, can think any thing wanting."

And, Kate:
This Darcy gives me goosebumps!

Me, too! It doesn't seem as if his lack of eyesight is any great hindrance to our all falling in love with him! Now if only Elizabeth felt the same way...

Ellen,

I have just found this story and have caught up with it! It is always a treat when I read one of your stories! They are well written and very entertaining! I am so glad to see a new one so soon after HBK!

I kept telling myself that the best way for Darcy to "see" Lizzy was through his hands and boy you did not disappoint when you came to that scene! I am not sure what I think about the Doctor, but I hope that Lizzy can avoid any misunderstandings when it comes to Darcy. They have already avoided the blunder at the assembly since Darcy wasn't there to make it, but I think his injury has humbled him a bit! Let's just hope other people don't come in and cause things to go astray!

Keep it coming dear and great job!

Brandy,

Glad you're on board!

Let's just hope other people don't come in and cause things to go astray!

But that wouldn't be very interesting, now, would it?

Beautiful!

That was simply lovely. I don't imagine the doctor's touch could ever make her feel the sensations she just felt with our Darcy.

I think Darcy has made enough of an impact on her so that her heart will be able to withstand whatever the doctor has in store for her .

Loved it!!!!!

May I borrow Rita's fainting smiley? "Oh my" is right! Hopefully, the library moment will put an end to Darcy's nightmares, since I imagine he will have plenty to distress him while he's awake. Let me just say that I'm going to read chapter 6 again (and maybe some of the previous chapters, too) as soon as I finish this post! That was beautiful, Ellen.

Ellen

That touching/seeing scene was marvelous! At the very least Darcy has given Lizzy something to think about--on top of her clearer understanding of the trials that made him seem so petulant on first acquaintance. This was her first erotic experience I think, and one that the relatively elderly Doctor will not be able to match, for all his congeniality. I'm somewhat disappointed that he's immediately thinking competitively--about what he needs to do to beat Darcy at his 'game'--for him Lizzy seems a prize, whereas Darcy may already realize that to him she's essential.

Excellent writing, indeed!

In admiration,
Margaret

Margaret,

I'm somewhat disappointed that he's immediately thinking competitively--about what he needs to do to beat Darcy at his 'game'--for him Lizzy seems a prize, whereas Darcy may already realize that to him she's essential.

Ah, but what if the good doctor finds something essential about Lizzy as well? We know her to be a very desirable potential mate. Why should Mr. Hampton not press his advantage, if he has honorable intentions? He's not getting any younger, you know!

*swoon*faint*thud*

Oh, oh, oh, to be ravished by Darcy's fingertips!

That was simply a divine sequence...the beautiful dream, the nightmare of a faceless Lizzy, which drove him to need to "see" her and "kiss" her. So now when he dreams of her next, he'll be able to kiss her beautiful face.

SO well done, Ellen; I loved all your nuances - that he smelled good, that he felt her breath on his fingers, that her pulse quickened. No doubt, Lizzy will have some dreams of her own now...?

Phooey on Hampton. You're not wanted here. So do your thing, man, and let Ellen write you "off."

Looking forward to (lucky?) ch 7!

Renee & Ellen

My humble apologies I seem to be on ff overload!

Ellen...I truly meant every word!

You're both great authors and I thoroughly enjoy all your works!

Frances

Frances, I was and am totally flattered

That was very nice, especially the touching. No wonder Lizzy felt it was a sensual experience. The good doctor needs to find a lady his own age and leave Lizzy alone. Actually Caroline might do very well for him. Thanks for the chapter, Ellen. Very enjoyable!

Ellen,

so glad you're back. I hope you had wonderfull holidays.

In my very first post I asked when Darcy, whose senses - other then look - are more sensitive now will show us if it is only hearing and smell. Now we know that it's touch as well. So we're left with question if taste is also oversensitive now. I wonder, what he could taste to convinced himself if it apllies to all 4 tastes which are left for him at the moment. I have few hints in my had

Ooops, I meant I have few hints in my head.
I've got to improve my English. Posting comments and especially reading PPFF is the best way I know.

Translator waving at you, Basia! The mistake you made is a typical native speaker mistake, just like they're instead of their for instance. So you can be very proud!

And I agree with you, reading FF helps improve your skills enormously, just like posting messages in forums.

Ellen G, THANK YOU for that chapter. Such a sensual experience, my heart was beating faster (along with L+D) as I read every single word. *sigh*

EllenG,

Sensual, original, suspenseful__wonderful story!!

I came back today and re-read the new chapter. Well, admittedly, my purpose in returning to your story was to see if you wondrously & compassionately posted 4-5 more chapters because I am frantic for more. Gah!

StevieB

A great big THANK YOU to all who responded. I seem to have touched a nerve (no pun intended) with that chapter.

Oh, oh, oh, to be ravished by Darcy's fingertips!

Exactly! *sigh*

Really, Ellen, what a fascinating scene (lovescene?)!
So delicately written, so very filled with repressed desires...thank you and congrat!
Sheila

Very excellent chapter, Ellen. I enjoyed the 'touching' scene, but I also liked Darcy's dream. The first part of it was so loving, it made me want to swoon. Nobody seems to have mentioned it so far, so I thought I would. :)

The good doctor finding something essential in Lizzy!? tsk tsk. Poor Darcy is alreay suffering so much. Perhaps Charlotte can marry a doctor. On a more serious note, thank you so much for a wonderful chapter, Ellen. All of it was fantastic. I am so excited and I can't wait until you are able to post more chapters! Hopefully I can survive through the very probable angst.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10