Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Darlings, here it is: chapter 1 of Ellen G's brand new WIP The Eye of the Beholder. Enjoy!

Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Mysterious Darcy seems to be the current themes for me right now. I do hope that was Mr Darcy is Netherfield Library, and hope to read something more soon.

Eli been spoling me with her updates, I really must complain, that is one very very short chapter Ellen!

is there a synpois to this story or I do really have to wait till the end. Is this one of the mentioned stories that you have completed?

I love your work, though I'm sure I never comment before, well except for Long strange Journey.

Hanghnu, I wouldn't worry about a thing. Ellen's muse never leaves her. She wouldn't have have me post this chapter if she wasn't certain to finish it. And... like Eli, Ellen's a frequent poster. I sometimes sort of breathlessly try to keep up with their speedy pace!

SO Ellen, I love all your fics (though I haven't commented in the forums before), so I was ridiculously excited to see a new one from you And now I can't stop grinning ...And I can't wait to find out more about your Mr Darcy--He sounds so intriguing! And E's reaction to him should be interesting as well! Although Wickham's entrance is already making me anxious.

I am wondering the same thing as hangnhu though, Is there a blurb available? or are you still writing the fic?

Eagerly awaiting more!

Oh, yes. We make quite a twosome, Ellen and I.

Dear friend...congratulations on the launch of this new piece of your ever increasing inspiration. I am sure you will delight your readers, as usual.

Mrs Darcy ...lovely setting.

Oh Goody, another Ellen story. I am going to suppose that doctor at Netherfield is for Darcy. Could he be ill or injured in some way?

I very much look forward to the rest of this story and in the mean time I am going to sit down tonight and read "The Worst That Could happen" for the forth time.

Mo

Hi, Hangnhu! Thanks for commenting so soon! Fatima, it is great to see you in the forums. And you, dearest Eli, I can always count on you!

My WIPs are always truly "works in progress," that is, chapters are written on the fly and posted immediately after. Shocking, is it not? But don't worry, I finish what I start!

I think the thrust of the story will become obvious in Chapter 2, for which I will not keep you waiting long.

Mo...

I am going to suppose that doctor at Netherfield is for Darcy. Could he be ill or injured in some way?

Hmmmm. COULD be....

Mrs Darcy ...lovely setting.

Our aim is but to please...

Ellen, you surprised me just like Eli did with her new WIP. You can made my day totally...

Mo, good guess, I think you are right! But I seriously can't imagine my Mr.Darcy (imaging Matthew Macfadyen) with a horrible scar or something on his face. Oh my, you are going to make my heart break Ellen! Maybe he had a duel with Wickham...hopefully there is no more Wickham so we only have to deal with his deformity. Oh my...

To oblige the fans of the BBC'95 mini-series and those who prefer the new movie, or even like both (such as yours truly), I've just posted an MM and KK icon as well on the index page. Just to enhance your imagination.

All at Netherfield.

Ellen;
I've throughly enjoyed your work and am quite intrigued with this new story! But my Mr. Darcy be disfigured? Oh, what will Lizzy think? Of course, it is the substance of a man rather than the appearence that makes them attractive don't you think? I am looking forward to your next post.

Ladies, ladies...

Why assume Darcy will be disfigured? You're all going to have to trust me on this one...

...although you'll have to suffer a little first!

Mwaahhh-ha-ha-ha!

...although you'll have to suffer a little first!

Mwaahhh-ha-ha-ha!

Why do you take such delight in tormenting us! You evil woman you...

Eli does a fine job of torturing us and now you! Well, now this is an intriguing bit of information...I will gladly suffer the torment!

Oh Ellen. What is it with those names that start with the letter "E." They love to torment us? This is greatness and I certainly can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Thank you for reminding me Frances about remembering the inside rather than the outside. I needed that...

Thank you for reminding me Frances about remembering the inside rather than the outside.

Precisely.

I'm so glad to see you've got another WIP - and so mysterious! What is it about Darcy? My first thought was he was disfigured too - but you say trust you - so I will, but what could it be? Can he walk or stand? Love the dialogue, it's always so effortless and smooth to read your writing - it jumps off the page/laptop! LOL! Can't wait for the next!

Julie

Hey! We must be twins separated at birth! Even our names are the same! Ellen and Elena are just translations of the same name ...
Hi, soul sister!

Excellent beginning, Ellen. You've certainly intrigued your audience with the hints that Darcy is not altogether well. His own comments suggest that something is visibly wrong with him. I do hope you're able to post Chapter 2 soon.

Aside from the mysterious beginning, I also like how Darcy has an unvarnished view of Lizzy--I think he shouldn't be misreading her as in the original. Looking forward to their interactions.

Please Ellen, tell me that you didn't make our Darcy the Elephant man. Some horribly disfigured man who Lizzy ends up seeing past his hideous face to the good man inside; our very own Beauty and the Beast! I want Darcy vain, proud, and gorgeous. This is not to be borne! I am truly vexed, where are my salts?

As a good connoisseur of this particular authoress's taste, I can garantee that regardless of looks or appearances, Ellen G's Darcy will irradiate heat and will put your...mmm....sensibilities to steam.

Still, honestly Alice, can you seriously believe Ellen could ever picture Mr Darcy featuring the elephant man?
Poor Mr Darcy! He has already been transformed into a . Maybe next time he will have a part in Equus?
I will let dear Ellen answer to your questions more fully. But you have made me choke with laughter!

Dearest hermana Eli, always there to jump up and defend me.

Alicia, never fear. While there is something to be said for "inner beauty," I would never have a Darcy I wouldn't be hot for myself. Although, you might wish to remember that even the Beast became a handsome prince at the end!!

Besides, back in the Day, it wouldn't have taken a horrible disfigurement to make someone an object of curiosity. (Especially in a neighborhood with such "a confined and unvarying society.")

Many a Janeite of my acquaintance believes that P&P is inspired by La belle et la bête, so, dear I have all the confidence in the world regarding the conclusion of your newborn, your new story I mean.

What a wretched beginning!! - speaking her mind in front of "that man" .

Teasing, teasing man - sitting quietly in the dark & solitude of the library, when a ray of sunshine comes into his lonely life .

Oooooohh I love your stories E - an excellent beginning

I couldn't believe my eye the chance: a new story, Ellen !
And what a beginning! If you continue - and I have every faith that you'll do - in this rythm, what a journey we'll have !

I didn't think his reason to hide is an horrible desfiguration... rather a sort of injury (leg, maybe ?) who would make him somewhat dependent on someone's help - which for Darcy pride must be a serious flaw.
Could also be that this injury is due to a duel with Wickham after Ramsgate ?
Well - afterall, it is your fault, Ellen, if anyone is busy now speculating away....

Excellent ! Thank you!

I didn't think his reason to hide is an horrible desfiguration

I'm sure you're right, Mihaela. So glad to see you here again. I missed you!

Sandra, Mihaela:

I'm so happy to have both of you visit!

sitting quietly in the dark & solitude of the library, when a ray of sunshine comes into his lonely life

rather a sort of injury (leg, maybe ?) who would make him somewhat dependent on someone's help - which for Darcy pride must be a serious flaw.

Glad to see not everyone is thinking I've destroyed the man!

Ellen;
You would never destroy Darcy! My apologies for not having faith in you! what an eyeopener! of course, the possibilities are endless...and I'd love it if he actually did away with the scoundrel right off the bat--please forgive my propensity to willfully misunderstand!

Frances,

If readers are speculating, it is my own fault for being such a tease!

All will be revealed in time, I promise.

I didn't think Darcy was disfigured when I read this chapter. Maybe he's blind instead. That would explain the need for a doctor on hand and a desire to sequester himself from the neighborhood.

And a blind Darcy can still be hot hot hot! Maybe even better since he'd need to use this sense of touch more with Elizabeth. Can't wait to see what the next chapter will hold!

Ellen,
Thanks for the new story. I loved your Mwahhh-ha-ha-ha! That sounded a little sinister and I loved it. Can't wait to read on. I'm not even going to speculate. I'm really bad it. I do hope he's not disfigured though. Cindy

Wow Ellen, you are spoiling us with yet another of your fabulous story spinning! I concurred with others that Darcy is indeed injured in some ways, hence a doctor residing in Netherfield. Since he hasn't make a formal appearance, this looks pretty good for a start, at least Lizzy is not prejudiced towards him
But am sure you will add angst, suspence and what-nots in this story to whip our appeitites . Anticipating your next update!

Dear Renée, dear Ellen
I have missed you too !

I have to confess, your story IS bothering and bewitching me... I hardly stopped thinking and speculating....
Which I know is a futile exercise as I would be hardly pressed to keep with your imagination ! But at least it is not for want of trying....

Anyway - I wondered how comes that Caroline didn't mention the mysterious gentleman until now ?
And I read again the last paragraph.
her delicate sensibilities ?
mmmm.... I would think that my carrefully laid theory (leg injured etc) is blown away. I don't think a plastered leg would hurt Elizabeth sensibilities !
Blindness ? This would be cruel indeed ! Not to see her eyes ?!

Dear Renée, dear Ellen
I have missed you too !

Ma chère Mihaela and other readers, you will know more after having read chapter 2!

R~

I think we need another chapter update really soon Renee and Ellen ! This is all getting very intriguing.....is Darcy blind? or it's just temporary eye problem? Since the title is "Eye of the Beholder", not "eyes", could it be he's blinded on 1 eye??? How did he got himself injured? Oh man, so many questions and i need answers

I think we need another chapter update really soon Renee and Ellen

I soooo agreee with you, cara!

Apart from the angst that's killing me, I had to laugh when reading the fashion discussion.

One could, for example, dress a cow in a gown of the latest cut, but it would never make of her a lady

This made me rotflmao ... Poor Caro!

Dear Renée, dear Ellen
I have missed you too !
Ma chère Mihaela and other readers, you will know more after having read chapter 2!
R~

We are none the wiser, dears !..
I mean, it is obvious now why this title... but we have yet to find out what happened !

Ellen, I know that you always have updated fast and regularly ! But tomorrow would be long if you oly decide to post daily !

Congratulations to Melissa for figuring out my hints!

All will be revealed...shortly. But not too shortly.

One could, for example, dress a cow in a gown of the latest cut, but it would never make of her a lady

Renee, this was my favourite line too!

WOW! Another new chapter, yay!!! The cow reference was totally greatness Ellen...Can't wait for the next chapter. Post soon again...

Oh Ellen! I LOVE your new story! I'm so sorry to be late in responding...I fell off the edge of the earth last week with a monumental sewing project and am only just now surfacing again. (I had to sew 23 dresses for my daughter's highschool musical in 7 days--I feel as though I've been beaten! LOL)

Shades of Beauty and the Beast to this one and I can't wait!!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had to sew 23 dresses for my daughter's highschool musical in 7 days

I'm totally and utterly in awe, dear Rita! Would love to see pictures!

Holy Cow Ellen!!
Fabulous...now Elizabeth gets to put her money where her mouth is! Will she look at Darcy superficially or will she get to know the man? I love her wit and the fact that she's on to the superior sisters from the get-go! Oh Ellen, this is great..please update soon!

Now I'm happy! This looks like the beginning of a most promising relationship, Lizzy and Darcy- us readers and You dear Ellen. I hope that you are not preparing some heavy irony soon. Seems that Lizzy's proud exclamations about inner value are either prophetic or something for her to choke on later. I really hope she won't disappoint us, or Darcy for that matter. Makes me wonder how you will provide the expected and feared angst?????????
"Dressing a cow, won't make her a lady", might be a new euphemism for Caroline Bingley. I'll check for updates eagerly

Oh thank you Ellen for easing my fears of a elephant man Darcy. I have been out of town and just got your new chapter and your previous comments. It seems like he has a head injury of some sort. As long as the rest of him works properly I can't complain! I see that Miss Bingley will be difficult as usual, such a pest that woman. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Loved Chapter 2. Lizzy had such good put-downs for Caro, who has no idea that she's just been called a cow. priceless.

I have faith that Lizzy will live up to her principles regarding beauty and am exceedingly impatient to see this story unfold. Excellent job, Ellen!

Margaret

Ellen,

Another great beginning. I really like this Lizzy and I hope she and Darcy get along in the very beginning. I am hoping that Caroline,(The Cow), is too vain to try attaching herself to Darcy, however money is money. I would just bet that she is thinking if he can't see, he won't know how much of his money she will spend.

I also hope that Darcy's injury is not wholly permanent. I'm sure you will let us know in a future chapter what happened to him.

Looking forward to frequent postings and wonderful writing.

Thank you

Thanks, ladies! It's really great to see how everyone is on board with this concept...once you all realized that Darcy still has his looks!

This sounds amazing.
you have the most incredible ideas, ellen!

oh my, what happen to my darling darcy?
when will you update again?
beauty in the eye of beholder indeed
caroline will be a happy mrs darcy dispite his lack of appearence? lol
well he does lack appearence according to miss lizzy isn't he?
evil girl, please update soon

Ellen, I've enjoyed all of your stories, but this one promises to be wonderful! I must admit I came to it when two chapters were posted (been moving house and had no Internet for 2 weeks - nightmare), but I did suspect Darcy was there in hiding and also that he might be blind - to be fair to you, that was because of the hint from the story title!

But this has so much promise, and I do admire your ability to write so fluently and regularly - a real skill!

My favourite line though? It has to be this:

"One could, for example, dress a cow in a gown of the latest cut, but it would never make of her a lady." Hilarious!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10