Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

TY so much CrystalE.
Yes, yes that's it.
And again "Yes", the Link works perfectly.
Such a shame that it is not finished... and due to such a sad reason... I am very sorry for the author...

Hi Mrs Darcy and friends,

Can anyone help. I remember reading a story once in which a distracted regency Darcy and Elizabeth are in Darcy's study and Elizabeth ends up with Darcy signature imprinted on her backside. I remember it made me chuckle, and I thought I read it about the same time I discovered Mrs Darcy's site. But I cant remember any other details so I cant find it again. I tried looking at the storeis index and thought that something would job my memory....but I ended up getting distracted and just reading a long strange trip, then the journy then.....

Has anyone else read the story im looking for?

The first image I got in my head while reading your post, Lisa, was a scene from "The Hour of the Pig" with Colin Firth playing a French lawyer in the Middle ages, having to defend a pig. In that movie something similar happens. I had to dig deep in my memory and suddenly remembered which story you mean:

It's Early morning Reflections by Jean Haley-Young. It's such a cute story, and I'm so sad the author never wrote any P&P FF since. A story I could read over and over again.

In addition... I should have added that this little gem has a NC-17 rating!

Crystal, I just wanted to let you know, that I have read that story recently, but can't seem to put my mind around the title, I can remember bits and pieces, the brats doll and Richard had another daughter, I'm still thinking, but, obviously not hard enough yet. It will drive me crazy eventually. However, I did want to let you know that someone else out there remembered that much.

SonyaR

Sonya, Thank you so much for the response. If I happen to come across it as well, I will let you know. Sometimes I think I need to go out and purchase a journal to keep track of all WIP stories out there. There are so many excellent stories out there just not enough time to read them all!!

I also want to give a shout out to Renee. I can't believe how quick your response was to LisaJ's question! There has been an inquiry in the Tea Room over at the DWG since last week. Several people wanted to read the story but nobody could come up with the author or name of the story. Leave it to Renee! You go GIRL!!
Do you mind me asking how long you have been involved with JAFF and what inspired you to become a webmistress?

Crystal

Do you mind me asking how long you have been involved with JAFF and what inspired you to become a webmistress?

No. I don't mind at all, Crystal. I've been around since 2002 after having seen P&P95 for the first time, and became so incomprehensibly obsessed (a thing like that had never happened to me before)that I started looking for kindred spirits on the Internet.

Actually I started this site to create a mini-library for my own fics, but shortly after I thought it an interesting idea to invite FF writers I admire to join. The rest is history, as they say.

Thanks Renée,

That was exactly the story I was looking for. It is a shame the author didn’t write any more, a longer FF would undoubtedly have been very amusing. Thanks for finding it.

LisaJ

Thanks for finding it.

You're welcome, Lisa.

Hello, does anyone else have problems with accessing the DWG?

I just tried. The site is indeed down.

"Danke", Renee, for your prompt reply. It's too bad about the DWG problem; but as long as we have MDS, there's no need to despair.

but as long as we have MDS, there's no need to despair.

I couldn't agree more...

tschüss, my neighbour.

DWG is up again, ladies and gents!

DWG problem again!? I can access the archives,but not the message board.

Yeah I am having the same problem @ DWG. Were they scheduled for some maintenece maybe?

I have been going crazy trying to remember which story the following scene is from:

I believe Darcy and Elizabeth are at the Opera, and Darcy whispers the translation of the Italian in her ear throughout the performance.

Any thoughts?

Well, Lauren, I don't know whether this is the scene you're thinking of, but in Chapter 7 of "An Arranged Marriage," Darcy and Elizabeth attend a concert, and he whispers the translation of an Italian aria in her ear. Could be another story that you have in mind, but for some reason I happen to know the referenced story intimately.

-Jan

It is one of my alltime favorite stories, and I especially love that scene!

Jan H., are you working on any more of your terrific stories?

I am looking for a story I read a while ago but cannot remember the author or the name of the story. It was modern and rated NC17. Elizabeth went to some dinner at Charles and Jane's home in which Darcy attends. They were supposed to stay for the weekend (I think it was a Christmas celebration because I remember snow and maybe presents). Caroline is not invited but when she finds out D will be there, she shows up. E helps D by pretending they are dating, a suggestion from E's father to "save" D from C. calls C to warn him but it is too late. When C shows up,D opens the door and E, at that moment, goes and stands close to D, holding his hand, to welcome C. During the weekend, they find themselves sleeping together and they are not pretending anymore even though everyone else think that they are.
I do not remember in which site I read it from. I hope this story sounds familiar to somebody.
L

I think the story you are referring to is The Lost Year. I can't remember which site it is on. I think it is here, though.

The Lost Year is written by Andie and posted on this site. Here's the link

Great story!

but in Chapter 7 of "An Arranged Marriage," Darcy and Elizabeth attend a concert, and he whispers the translation of an Italian aria in her ear.

Gosh, Jan, I feel quite embarrassed! Of course it is!

Thank you, Gwendolyn! I'm not writing at present, but the wheels are still turning in my brain. Of course, with my luck they're probably going in reverse.

"Gosh, Jan, I feel quite embarrassed! Of course it is!"

That's okay, Renee. With all the writers you keep up with, how could you possibly remember where that scene came from?

-Jan

I've just read "The Lost Year" and I truly enjoyed it. But will it ever be continued? I honestly hope so, it's such a good story.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, LUE....for your help in finding "The Lost Year". I have been going crazy for months looking for the story everywhere and in less than a day I get my answer here. I scanned the story, and it does contain the scene I was talking about. I will start re-reading today from the beginning.

Renee, thank you for the link but I did not need it since I know your site by memory. MDS was the first website I found when I first discovered JAFF online a little over a year ago. I would like to congratulate you for all the hard work you do to keep all of us entertained and informed. Even though there are a lot of readers, like me, that rarely post comments but you should know that all authors are greatly appreciated.

I would like to congratulate you for all the hard work you do to keep all of us entertained and informed.

Thank you, LCH, it's lovely to know how the fans appreciate my site. People like you keep me going, dear.

This is really not a question about ff. I missed all the Firth interviews last week. Do you know if they are posted anywhere? I believe he had an appearace on Daily Show and on the Regis show. Thanks.

Hi,
as for the Daily show, here is the link:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=167007&title=colin-firth

I cant help you with Regis, though...

Lella

I found another great modern that I couldn't "put down" simply great with another desirable Darcy to long for-at HG called "And Grace Will Lead Me Home"

http://www.hyacinthgardens.com/garden/index.php?showtopic=5938

by Ashley DB

This is absolutely one of my favourites!
Worth reading!!!!
Thank you for bringing it to our attention
Lella

High!
Please help me I'm desperate to find a story about our beloved Darcy who is a half-dragon and half-human... It should be at DWG but I'm unable to locate it... Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think what you are looking for is "A Touch of Night" by Sarah Hoyt & Sofie :) Love love this story! I only chanced upon it this year, and traced back the old chapters which was started quite a long while ago. Thankfully the story is finished :D
You can do a search in DWG with their names and retrieve

and Sarah has started a new story recently - Between The Night And The Morrow, and it's looking good already!

If you like a touch of the occult, I'd recommend "A Consort with Evil" by Lisa L. You can find it on her own pages on this site.

Hi! I am searching for a regency story where Lizzy somehow ends up at Netherfield with a head injury. She is left with the memories of a child. Jane is there and takes care of "child" Lizzy. There is also something about Caroline arguing with Lizzy about chess pieces and Darcy defends her. I can remember few details but recall it as being very amusing. Thanks!

Gio,
I was curious and peeked at the dragon Darcy over the DGW. I must say it was nice to picture him naked over and over again, yet I was most seriously displeased when I discovered that the last post to which I have access was not the last chapter, though it is acknowledged that the last post is the 31 of March and the last one I can get is the 28th. I have tried refreshing but it does not work. I went over the DG and they have a later update still. Any ideas?

It is also nice to picture riding on top of Darcy the dragon and fly across the sky in the beauty of the night
Eli, you try to use the Search feature in the DWG board, it works. Alternatively, Sarah has posted a link where you can download. But the format is quite cramp, so reading will get some getting used to.

http://www.austen.com/babble/bindex.cgi?read=150416
(hope you don't mind, Renee)

I love Lisa L's stories too! Is she starting a new one?

I much rather like a ride of his half human form, you know. But who am I to judge somebody else's wims? Thanks anyway. The link worked perfectly well.

hope you don't mind, Renee

Not at all.

I love Lisa L's stories too! Is she starting a new one?

Don't think so. She's still working on her fabulous Mr. Popularity.

Oops, i hv forgotten abt Mr Popularity! *sigh* my pea size brain!

Please Help finding this story....

Elizabeth is married to Wickham. Darcy plans revenge on W so he convinces everybody to conspire with him. D convinces Jane to marry W but she ends up having to marry Collins, who is later poisoned by her. Theretfore, E has to marry W instead of J. Months later, I think, they go to Pemberley and W dissapears (D gets him drunk, sets him up with a maid to seduce him and makes up a story that he fled P in shame). Then D seduces E and she falls for him. D&E end up getting married. All of this is planned by Darcy.

I read this story recently but for the life of me I cannot remember the title or where I read it.

I hope somebody recognizes it!!!!

LCH

Goodness me! It sounds so awful that I would recomend you not to find it any more!
Just a joke...I hope you can find it.Any idea of the author? Tried to google some lines you remember?

Lily, I've read the story you're searching for. I will search too and let you know if I find it. I remember that I liked it.

Thanks Cindy! I am glad that you have read the story. I was beginning to think that I may be going insane %20void(0); Finding this story has developed into quite the pet peeve for me %20void(0); Good luck!

Hullo. I'm a fan of every Jane Austen fanfiction, but some time ago I read an interesting work in witch Elisabeth and Darcy made peace while in Meyrtown and he taught our heroine how to ride. I remember this part well because it was one of the most important of the entire story. I'd like to read it again...alas, I forgot title and author both...can anyone give me a hand???thanks

alexis,

I think it might be "Anxiety and Civility" on DWG. Check if that is what you are looking for.

LCH

Oh, I forgot to ask if anybody remembers the story that I am looking for (the plot is in a post on June 11th). I am still checking out stories to see if I can find it but no luck yet. I even tried to google it and also JAFF Index but no luck yet. Unless of course I miss it!!!

Again, please help...

LCH

I am hoping someone can help me recall the title of a story.

In this story, Elizabeth and Darcy get married. Elizabeth doesn't hear anything from her family and becomes distraught. In the meantime, unbeknownst to Elizabeth, Darcy doesn't mail her letters. It turns out there was a mail problem, and Elizabeth finally gets all of the letters at once. Of course, Lizzy is furious.

Does anyone recall a story with this plot?

Thanks!

I don't know where to post it, but I have found that today...

Dearest Renee!

SmileyCentral.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10