Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Oh, Maria and Sahar, thank you so much. It is such a comfort to know you are there, and, as you said, Sahar, even though we've never actually met, this lovely site provides a valuable connection. Thanks to dear Renee for creating it.

-Jan

My dear Jan,

Admittedly, it's a bit silent around me lately. On the one hand it's due to my workload, and some family matters (don't worry, not my own little family) that require a lot of my attention on the other. Furthermore there aren't many updates at the moment... Soph, Ellen, anyone else?

Anyway, practically not a day passes that I do not think about you, dear Jan. I'm awfully glad to 'see' you around once in a while though.

H&K
R~

Dear Jan,

There is no better way of expressing it than Sahar's. This site is indeed a sort of shelter, a strange little family, where somehow we have all gathered and come to care for each other. (And dearest Renée is the mother hen, having us all under her wing and feeding us a story from time to time)

What I'm trying to say is, you have my support (our support I venture to say) and whatever you may need to help cheering you up, just name it.

Maybe re-reading your stories and letting you know how very much I love each and every one of them might help! It would be a bonus to me in any case, so I may do it all the same...

Love,

Rori

Thank you Renee and Rori. I love what you said, Rori, about Renee being our mother hen, and I do love the stories she feeds us from time to time. This is a good place to be.

-Jan

Speaking of feeding, are there any more WIP's in the pipeline to be posted on this site? MD def rates up there as one of my favs coz you host some of the best stories!

While we wait for a post here...does any know where I can find the story where Elizabeth becomes engaged to an older man but decides to run away from him and has a one night affair with Darcy at a costume ball but he doesnt know it is her. That produced a son who is a genius. Then, it literally takes them for-ever to get together. I loved that story and hopefully someone can help me! Thank you.

I think the story is Disguise of Every Sort, you can find it on HG, here's the link: http://www.hyacinthgardens.com/garden/index.php?showtopic=1597
regards:
SheilaV

Thanks Sheila! That is it...

Since I don't have a password for HG, I also found it at Austen Interlude:

http://meryton.com/susan/DOEStableofcontents.html

If anyone wants to check it out. It is very long and drawn out but one of the most beautiful stories I have read!

Dear Jan,

First and foremost, I am terribly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Like Sahar said you don't know me either and I never wrote any story to share with you but through your stories we learn to care for you and feel for you; and each time we re-read them, we remember you. You become part of our world.

Please know that you are loved by many of the unknown faces that read your wonderful stories.

Hugs,

Lili.....

Thank you, Lili. That's so sweet of you, and I appreciate it.

-Jan

One question:
Does anybody know what happen to the Luxury Gap?
The link I use to have does not work anymore.
I started reading this story and now I cannot seem to open it anymore.
Would be very grateful if any of you wonderful ladies could sent me the link.
Thank you very, very much.

I have no idea, Maria, but I posted a message in my livejournal. Perhaps a person on my friends list has more information. I'll let you know asa I receive a reply.

In the meantime I learned that Sharla's working on it. Don't know the reason why the site is down, but as I understand it it should be up again shortly.

Thank you Renée. You are so eficient, caring and reliable, amazing.
Therefore "Mrs Darcy" is my favourite Fan-site. It is soooooooooo good to know you are there... Thank you for all your investment, efforts and loving heart.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing meryton.com today (4-5:30 pm est)?

I'm getting a 'cannot find server' message.

I'm also having trouble with austenunderground.

(no problems with dwg, hg or this site, obviously.)

Thanks,
Margaret

Does any one know if Strange Bedfellows is scheduled for any update anytime soon? I love this story and I'm hoping it continues. Also, what's DWG? I saw this in one of the messages. I'm kinda of new to all this and I don't want to miss out on any stories. Thanks.

Hi Ladies...

Margaret: At least for Austen Interlude, if you just go to meryton.com, you should be able to get to the stories. But for example, I used the link that I provided a few weeks ago to Susan's page (meryton.com/susan) and it does not work but if I go straight to meryton.com and then go to Susan's page, it does work.

Denise: DWG is Derbyshire Writers' Guild which is austen.com

As for Strange Bedfellows, does anyone really know? We are all clueless my dear...

Thanks, Kayachick.

I got some help at another site--it turned out that clearing the cache and cookies on my browser fixed the problem.

Cheers,
M

FYI...

You can no longer reach Austen Interlude by going to meryton.com but they have their own website back:

http://www.austeninterlude.org/

Re: Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Looking for a story.....I hope someone knows of it. It really caught my attention a few months ago but now I cant find it, typical!

Basically, Darcy & Elizabeth get married as he proposses and immediately kisses her, assuming she will say yes, and she on the other hand thinks she has been comprmised, so marries him not even liking him. They get married and she is miserable. She actually falls pregnant and is so unhappy she thinks about killing herself....It gets better of course!!![:-)
Ring a bell for anyone??

I have said before that I love all Jan H's stories. I just finished re-reading "The Sins of the Fathers". It is such a beautiful story and I recommend it to everyone. I should have been doing all sorts of other things getting ready for the holidays, but I couldn't put it down.

Thanks again, Jan for sharing your wonderful talent. I always look forward to and hope for new stories you may be writing.

On another note, what happened to Elena and her stories? I seem to have missed something.

On another note, what happened to Elena and her stories? I seem to have missed something.

She had her stories deleted for editing purposes. Of course I hope she'll decide to re-post them eventually.

Ah, Gwendolyn, you're sure a dear to read my stuff and take the time to comment again. Thank you, and happy holidays!

-Jan

Renee
Do you know the story in which Darcy and Elizabeth show up at an engagement dinner for Jane and Bingley and Darcy gets the gentlemen to happily force Elizabeth to marry Darcy? Thanks.

Oh!!!I know, I know!!!It's 'The journey'. I can't remember the author but this fiction is one of my favourites. Enjoy it^_^

Very good, Alexie! The Journey is written by Jan H, and you can find this story plus her others here

Does anyone know of a D&E story featuring Georgianna and her husband Brit? They offer to take the Darcy children away for a holiday to give the Darcys some alone time? I was asked about this story recently and cannot remember the name. Thank you!

I can't seem to get on HG. My computer was down for awhile so I don't know what happened.

Are they coming back?

HG appears to be down, Victoria. I have been unable to access all day, so you are not alone. Let's cross our fingers that it will be of short duration!

It's a little over 8 GMT here, and still no access... It can happen, don't despair, it'll be in the air again before you know it.

Thanks. At least I know it just not me. Still, I am in serious withdrawal!

Ladies and gents, Kate asked the following question:

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could help me, I've been searching for a wonderful story that I read a while back, but cannot find it.

Its a modern story where Elizabeth has a car accident in the snow, Mr Darcy sees her and takes her back to pemberley. Its around christmas time.

Its set shortly after his refused marriage proposal, which makes things quite awkward.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Kate

Somehow it sounds familiar but ... I cannot help out, but perhaps one of you can!

There's one story in your site, Mrs Darcy, which unfortunately was never finished, where Darcy drives in the snow to Pemberley and Lizzy and he stayed there and I think Georgina was there too. I can't remember which of them.

I thought I was reading a story HERE about a Modern Mark Darcy who is a professor and meets up with Lizzy as she tries to ditch a blind date with Collins. Darcy ends up being Janes teacher. Lizzy may go by a different name. I don't remember the name of the Story or the Author. Is it on this site? Does any one know the name of the story or Author? If not on this site anyone know where it might be?

Thanks
Geri

You must be talking about Blind Date. It's been momentarily been removed for editing purposes. Mrs Darcy has promised to repost it asap

Hi! I think I might know the story Kate is looking for, at least it sounds a lot like Sofie's Swiftly falling snow. It can be found here: http://austen.com/derby/old_2003/sofie7.htm

It's a lovely story and suits this time of year perfectly:)

Thanks Anniiina! It's indeed that short story.

All Sofie's stories are lovely.

Not this one, but a few others of hers are posted on Mrs Darcy's as well.

and hello to you all^_^ does anyone of you know of a story in witch Darcy and Elisabeth meet in London after the failed proposal and start a friendship until Lidia elopes with W. and things get bad since Charles deserts Jane following is sister's opinions. In the end I remember it's quite a long story but with an happy ending even if Jane is not as forgiving as in the original book(and I wouldn't be either after all). Thanks ^__^

Hi,

I came across a story on the JAFF index called "Love Called Twice" but there is no link. I was referred here and that the story was pulled from Mrs. Darcy's.

1. Has the story been pulled entirely?

2. If not, where else is LCT linked?

Thanks for your help.

Hi milhistbuff1 !

Lucia has her stories pulled from the boards for editing reasons. Hopefully she'll decide to re-post them eventually.

Does anyone have any info on HG, it has been down for over a week now. My desktop crashed and I don't have the address of the HG backup board. Can anyone supply it? Thanks

The back up board's address is the following, though only one author has posted there so far. However, you can ask for the particular story you are looking for there.

http://www.hyacinthgardens.streekgids.nl/index.php
Hope it helps.

Thank you, Malena, but I think this BUB is only accessible for members who already had an account after the first HG meltdown.

Gee!!!Dumb, aren't I?

No, Malina, not at all! You just didn't know.

Thanks Malena, I have tagged the address and will keep checking in. The admins usually leave a message telling readers why the HG has gone down and when it is likely be back but so far nothing. Again Thanks for the info.
Bobbie

Dear Renée, dear wonderful authors of this amazing website/forum, dear P&P fans,

just before the end of 2008 I want to wish you all a wonderful "jump" into 2009 with a lot of inspiration, as a reader, a writer or a website-manager

And I want to post my question, (that is also my tristesse at the same time): what about those wonderful unfinished stories like, "The ice house", Ebb & Flow", "Going Digital", "Symphony N2", just to mention some...? Are they going to be continued or are we going to be left suffering throughout this cold winter???? (This is the best time to read, when outside it is cold, dark and unpleasant: don't you all agree that a lovely story suits perfectly to a cup of warm tee or coffee or hot schocolate???)
So, dear lady-writers, have mercy on us poor readers and surprise us with lots of new chapters.
All the best to you all.

Darling Maria, wishing you the same and hope to "see" you often in the next year.

Promise, will post the last chapter of Ayden's delightful Ebb and Flow tomorrow! And I will stalk Soph.

Thank you dear Renée for the posts. A wonderful new year gift!!!

You're welcome, my dear, and I bet you've noticed I just posted chapter 21 of Ellen's Silver Dust. Plan to post Malena's next chapter tomorrow!

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12