Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

hullo, I'v been trying to find an e-book version of Impulse and initiative but in sourcebook.com I can't use my account paypal and other than that, whatever site I've found gives me some problem or another.I've found 3 stories by A. Reynolds on lulu.com and bought them right away, but I've read smashing replies about I&I and I'd like to procure it. Can any of you help me? I don't care for shipping books, and that's why I want it in e-book format. Help me pweeeese :'(

Here's a link to Abigail's website. You'll find her e-mail addy over there and can contact her personally.

Sorry, the link in my previous post doesn't work. Try this one.
Thanks, Sandy for the heads-up.

thanks^_^I've written an e-mail to A.Reynolds but she still has not answered...I'll wait another couple of days and then I'll send her another e-mail to her. Thanks

on another note, I've started reading 'Lullaby' on AHA and found this fic really good...but it's been months since it has been updated. Does the author post on another site?and does any of you know of some other fics in witch dear Georgiana is no more? I've finished 'No more tears' yesterday and it gave me another possible facet of Darcy's character (how many more does he have?)but if you know of some completed work in witch Georgiana is dead or Darcy is ill/incapacitated, I'd be most grateful. (no, I'm not a fan of angst but I like to see Elisabeth as a conforting nurse/companion eccecc.):P

I need an idiomatic expression, a Regent idiomatic expression, or at least not modern, for 'pee', or urinate. Any clues?

"Pass water" or "have a piddle". I stumbled on these expressions in older publications.

Hope this helps.

R~

Today at another site I read about Ayden's story "A Gallery of Whispers". Is there any chance Ayden might bring it back for another try? Thank you.

irene
Today at another site I read about Ayden's story "A Gallery of Whispers". Is there any chance Ayden might bring it back for another try? Thank you.

I would love to read that one too!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy
irene

I would love to read that one too!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I've e-mailed Ayden and asked her. Will get back at you asa I receive her reply.

Renée
Feel free to post it in this thread, and hopefully an answer will soon follow.

Does anyone remember a story which has Darcy in competition with John Lucas? In one scene he squeezes onto a sofa to sit near Elizabeth. I cannot remember the title.

I think it might be "By Every Civility in His Power" by Maria Faith. A great story.
Gwendolyn

Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

POSTED BY TROUBLED:

Hey! I've been trying to find stories in which Elizabeth is the first to fall for Darcy, both regency and modern? Anyone know any?
Thanks!
Troubled

Jun 6, 2009 - 4:45AM
Malena
Quote Reply Re: Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

there is an excellent , funny story by Kent, in which Bingley gets engaged with Jane, and only afterwards he summons Darcy to Netherfield. Elizabeth enamours him and the poor man cannot help it. It is great fun. Unfortunately I am not sure of the name...but if you go search for it under Kent at the JAFFS I am certain you will find it. Kent had not more than 3 or 4 stories. It is not Loose Lips, though. Of that I am certain.Good luck!

Jun 8, 2009 - 10:39AM
Rori
Quote Reply Re: Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

Hi, Troubled,

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but "Shyness and Sincerity", by Sofie, has an Elizabeth who, in the Meryton assembly, discovers Darcy is not proud, but shy. This changes her interpretation of his manner in all their subsequent meetings, causing her to feel an interest in him much earlier.
I'm not much into shy Darcys normally, but it's a sweet story.

Re: Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

POSTED BY: TARRAH

Elizabeth owns/runs a restaruant

Does anyone know a story that starts out with Elizabeth either owning or running a restaurant?
Email
(As administrator, you may Delete this post)
Renée O

IP: 83.84.21.141

Apr 28, 2009 - 11:01PM
Quote Reply Re: Elizabeth owns/runs a restaruant

I don't know, but I think it's a splendid idea for a great fic!
Email Website
Julia B

IP: 69.254.192.68

Apr 30, 2009 - 8:48AM

Hi,
I remember reading such a story. Could it be Amy-Clare's "Gingerbread"? That was posted over at the HG.

Cheers,
Julia B

Sonya

IP: 205.188.117.70

May 5, 2009 - 3:00AM

Could it be EBB @ AHA, by Stacy. She hasn't updated since earlier this year. But, Elizabeth owns a restaurant.

Good Luck,
Sonya
Email
Geri

IP: 63.225.147.128

May 8, 2009 - 2:21AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrah
Does anyone know a story that starts out with Elizabeth either owning or running a restaurant?

I believe it is EBB I'm not sure were it is posted either HG or AHA
Geri

Goodness, that was one busy morning for the administrator! Sorry about the mess, Renée

Rori
Goodness, that was one busy morning for the administrator! Sorry about the mess, Renée

Never mind, dear. Sometimes a little tidying up is just necessary to keep the forum orderly.

"I think it might be "By Every Civility in His Power" by Maria Faith. A great story."

Thanks Gwendolyn That's the one. Great story - fun to read again.

Renée O
POSTED BY TROUBLED:

Hey! I've been trying to find stories in which Elizabeth is the first to fall for Darcy, both regency and modern? Anyone know any?
Thanks!
Troubled

c

Try this Troubled!
http://austen.com/derby/old_2004/gabya3.htm

Does anyone remember this line in the wedding night scene of Darcy and Elizabeth in a story..."A little later she realized the kiss had been but a distraction as he slowly entered her." ?
The words may vary, but if anyone recollects the name of the story I would be infinitely endebted.

moved post

choccymad
Hi everyone,

HAs anyone come across a ff where Elizabeth is engaged to someone else before Darcy comes on the scene. He is a High Lord/Warrior king and uses Caroline Bingley's powers as a witch to persuade Elizabeth to marry him.

I started reading it a while back but I cant remember what its title or author. Darcy does have long hair worn in a plait though ;)!

Ring any bells?

Re: moved post

The only one involving witchcraft in Medieval times I can think of is A Heart wants what a Heart Wants by Amber. This is the link...hope it is this one.http://meryton.com/mrr/hyacinthgirl/THWWTHW1.html

Thanks Malena - Thats the one :)!

Whoops - sorry Renee - did i post in the wrong place?

choccymad
Whoops - sorry Renee - did i post in the wrong place?

My dear, you opened a new thread unnecessarily. Questions like the one you asked are posted in this sticky thread on top of the page, so that visitors - who might have the answer - will probably notice your question sooner.

Looking for a story (modern AU)

Hi guys,

I lost a story I meant to re-read. It was a modern AU, and I remember that Georgiana was deaf while one of the things Wickham did was tell Elizabeth that she was mentally handicapped. Any idea what story that is? Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a story (modern AU)

cjk1701, I think the story you are looking for is "Apperaances" by Belen at Austen Interlude. Hope that's it, Irene

Re: Looking for a story (modern AU)

irene
cjk1701, I think the story you are looking for is "Apperaances" by Belen at Austen Interlude. Hope that's it, Irene

I think that's the one. Thank you!

Does anyone know the name and author of the story where Darcy kisses Elizabeth before she accepts his proposal and Colonel Fitzwilliam witnesses it? Elizabeth doesn't tell Darcy no after that because she is compromised.

Cindy, I think the story you are looking for is "The Last Man in the World" by Abigail Reynolds. It's published thru Amazon.com. It's part of her Pemberley Variations. A very good read.

It can also be a beautiful story by a nice British lady from Derbyshire but it is unfinished. I cannot recall the name of the story , but it is at Firthness. The author's name begins with L...I think. I will check for you...

Cindy
Does anyone know the name and author of the story where Darcy kisses Elizabeth before she accepts his proposal and Colonel Fitzwilliam witnesses it? Elizabeth doesn't tell Darcy no after that because she is compromised.

Forces of Passion by Alison at Firthness

Thanks all! I believe it was "The Last Man in the World." I'll have to check into purchasing it.

Curious about HG.....
Just following up on this site-it seems to have a new home page but I am unable to get to stories or see anyway to log in....Any new information or has anyone logged in yet and can tell me how? Maybe they are still working on it?

Thanks for any info!

I've been wondering about HG as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, nobody knows (that I can tell ).

You might keep checking for news at the HG Backup Board:
http://hyacinthgardens.streekgids.nl/

Cheers,
Julia B

Posted by Seattlegirl:

seattlegirl
Does anyone remember a story where the Gardiners are rather Bohemian - entertaining musicians and poets and such. Also in the story Georgiana becomes friends with the Gardiners and there is a possible pairing with Jane and Colonel Fitzwilliam.

Julia B
Sorry, nobody knows (that I can tell ).

You might keep checking for news at the HG Backup Board:
http://hyacinthgardens.streekgids.nl/

Cheers,
Julia B

I've checked today. Indeed, no news at all, Julia. Since Marjo won't allow new members on the backup board, I promise to check it out once in a while and report. I actually wonder whether the HG will ever be up again. I hope I'm wrong though, for the sake of those authors who have only posted their stories over there, and for the fans who won't be able to (re-)read them.

Thanks for the update and the help! I had thought I heard a rumor about a new board, but maybe it was just the backup board I heard about. That would make more sense. Pity they're not taking new members. Thanks!

I've found some of the old pages... not the forum, mind, but one with e-mail addies.

Who knows, perhaps they still work!

Mrs Darcy
I've found some of the old pages... not the forum, mind, but one with e-mail addies.

Amber(Hyacinth Girl) has some of her stories posted in the Meryton Reading Room at AHA (meryton.com)

http://www.meryton.com/mrr/hyacinthgirl/hyacinthgirl.html

Sandy C
Mrs Darcy

Amber(Hyacinth Girl) has some of her stories posted in the Meryton Reading Room at AHA (meryton.com)

Hm... for as far as I know she used to post only on her own site, so now I'm wondering even more whether the HG will ever be up again. Wonder too what will happen to all those stories of authors who don't show in the fandom anymore. . Let's hope I'm too pessimistic. Let's not forget that it hapened before.

SeattleGirl

Allison's 'Forces of Passion' have the musically inclined Gardiners whom Georgiana comes to like. THe story (at Firthness) is a WIP and is broken off at the point before one knows whether Jane & the Colonel will get together.

Margaret

Sandy C
Mrs Darcy

I agree Renee, that this doesn't look good for HG. However, I'm thrilled that Amber posted "The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants" at the Meryton Reading Room because I was just about to re-read it when HG went down, and now I have the chance to read it again.

hi!
Does anyone know where to find a story titled: "The luxury gap"? I found only part of it at: http://web.archive.org/web/20020213101600/homepage.powerup.com.au/~lgenn/droolfic/luxury-gap-1.htm
and it's lacking part 8 and anything after 9...
thanks!
Monica

mmonis
hi!
Does anyone know where to find a story titled: "The luxury gap"? I found only part of it at: http://web.archive.org/web/20020213101600/homepage.powerup.com.au/~lgenn/droolfic/luxury-gap-1.htm
and it's lacking part 8 and anything after 9...
thanks!
Monica

Try this link and click on 'table of contents', 33 chapters posted.

Thank you for the link for Luxury Gap. I've been looking for the rest of this story for some time now. Does anyone know what happened to the Jane Austen Fan Fiction Index site? I haven't been able to access it for the last 2 days. I hope it comes back up soon and is not going the way of Hyacinth Gardens.

Eileen
Thank you for the link for Luxury Gap. I've been looking for the rest of this story for some time now. Does anyone know what happened to the Jane Austen Fan Fiction Index site? I haven't been able to access it for the last 2 days. I hope it comes back up soon and is not going the way of Hyacinth Gardens.

Victoria is experiencing technical problems but she's working on it. I'm sure she will post a message as soon as the database is up again.

Mrs Darcy
Eileen

Victoria is experiencing technical problems but she's working on it. I'm sure she will post a message as soon as the database is up again.

I just got in to the JAFF Index so it looks like it is back up.

Sandy

Wonderful, thanks for the heads-up, Sandy!

Hullo, it's been sometime since I wrote here and in my frre hours I decided to read Emma (very good by the way even if I'll always prefer P&P). Anyway, I've tried to find some good fic about it but I've been, so far, unsuccessful. Is there someone that knows of some lengty novel about Emma? With a good plot and believable characters?thanks^_^

There is plenty of information all Emma here. Why dont you ask them?

http://www.strangegirl.com/emma/index.php

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12