Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

I'm so enjoying this! I loved the conversation with the doctor asking about what Elizabeth looks like, etc. Very good! Can't wait for more!

Thanks,

Julie

Thanks everyone! And a special thank-you to Margaret, for clearing up the confusion about the accident. I haven't had time to go into the forum lately, and it's nice to know you're looking out for me!

Hangnhu,
Girl, you make me laugh with your comments! I wish I could see your face when reading the stories, with all the misunderstandings and confusion the language affords you! Eventually, I trust you will come out with an excellent English language level! For one, dearest , behold does not nean exactly "hold" but "see". It is an idiomatic expression:"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", which is similar to " Beauty is only skin deep". Boths expressions ,mean that each of us can find beauty in a person regardless of his/her looks.

Ellen has something with these idiomatic expressions: Her story "His Brother's Keeper" taken after the famous lines Cain said to God when He asked him of his brother Abel's whereabouts(he had already killed him, mind you!) Cain answered:"Am I my brother's keeper?" Great choice.See, Ellen loves to make us think from the very beginning. Food for thought!!

Dear Ellen,
I admit you have spoilt us - but there is this habit now to expect a new cahpter every 3-4 days...
Please ? Could the Easter Bunny or Easter Bells or Easter Hen or whatever Easter Giftdistributor bring us a new chapter ?

and Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ellen, I love your story, with Darcy unable to see, surely Lizzy HAS TO be the one to help continue his favorite pastime..reading, she has to "read to him"!!
Can't wait for more chapters!

Mihaela, Theresa: Glad you're looking forward to more! Chapter 4 is done and is just being polished, so I will say, "soon."

Ellen I love your story or should I say stories. This one is even better than the last and I didn't think that would be possible. I am anxiously waiting for chapter 4. By the way I recommend your stories when ever anyone asks for suggestions. You are very talented.

Aw, Meg, you're making me blush. Thanks for putting in a good word for me!

Chapter 4 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Ellen

Thank you for updating.

Caroline was evil as I've never seen her before. I'm glad Darcy did not believe her by one moment regarding Lizzy's lack of education. I'm appaled to see that Mr. Hampton does hold an interest in Lizzy :( Is this going to get angsty with both him and Darcy fighting for her attention? I hope not.

The walk in the garden was so sad... had Darcy not fell and embarrassed himself, wounding his own pride in front of Lizzy and all would be well :(

Thank you, Ellen, for the update !
Easter Bunny indeed..:-)

I think the doctor would -rather unwillingly - smooth somehow the things between D and E... I suppose Darcy would not yet venture visiting with neighbourhood, so he will get a glimpse about the Bennet thru dr Hampton's biased eye...
I won't speculate now as it is too early, but somehow I would wish Darcy's blindness to be of some duress... If Wickham is to come and pur his venom i Elizabeth's ears, who else than the good doctor to shield her rage and clear away her misconceptions ?
Yes, yes, contrary to almost anyone else, I do like the doctor !

Happy Easter !Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dear Ellen,
I am completely captivated by your story. Your characterisations are so precise and the language is a joy to read.
Many thanks!

Ellen,

You have done it again--original premise & excellent story. Loved Chapter 4.

Please post more chapters toute de suite.

Merci

StevieB

I also hope that Darcy's blindness of some duration. He is already quite captivated by her. It would interesting to see his affection blossom without ever having laid eyes on her.

I can't wait to see what he has to say for himself in the library.

As for the doctor, I can't help but like him, but if Darcy stops feeling sorry for himself long enough to lay on the charm and exhibit the most appealing parts of his character, then the doctor doesn't stand even the smallest chance.

Ellen, Thank you for such a wonderful story. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Ellen, This story is so good. I don't believe I have read a story with Darcy suffering such a disability. And the way each person handles the situation is humbling too, except of course for Caroline. Happy Easter Ellen

I love that Darcy is extending his other senses to find out about the house and people around him. You can't keep a good Darcy down! They were making such headway until he fell. How embarassing to a gentleman of his character and background to fall on his face when he's already feeling quite vulnerable. If only Darcy can eventually overhear some of Caro's catty remarks about himself.

Is he going to regain his sight? The Dr. doesn't sound all that encouraged about one of his eyes. And his good looks? Ah well, they do say that beauty is in...

Wendy

The doctor is being very helpful, but his intentions towards Lizzy are sort of worrying. After all, she's not even half his age. Charlotte Lucas would be a better match for him, IMO.

Darcy's embarrassment & tantrum after his fall seems to me like something only a man would do--having his machismo threatened. A rational person would only consider the fall to be an accident that could happen to anyone. I hope that Lizzy sees his momentary weakness of character for what it is.

Love this story Ellen.

Margaret

Caroline's talk with Louisa disgusted me. What a witch!! She is soo evil, and mercenary to the extreme!

I was soo enjoying Liz's walk with Darcy. With the fall and his lashing out at her, it made me sad. I know Liz has a wonderful heart and will understand, right?

I feel for the Dr Hampton. Will he stepaside and promote his patient or will he be of his own mind. If he lost his wife 22 years ago, he is not a sring chickhen, surely he can see she needs someone young?

Thank you Ellen, I am enjoying this story.

Happy Easter

Stacy

Right ! I had quite forgotten I had something to say about the dear Caro's talk with Louisa!
I hope that someone heard them ! I cannot believe that you let Caro to dislay such consideration for Darcy's wealth ...uh..health for nothing....

Great chapter 4! I like the Dr., but if he's as captivated with Lizzy as he seems, I don't think he's going to just step aside and let Darcy have her. If I were to be devil's advocate, he may interfere just to further his cause! I agree with Margaret that Charlotte is more his speed. I would like to see Darcy regain his sight sooner than later because its not the eyesight, its his appearence that is most crucial I believe. Even when Lizzy didn't like him, she always felt he was handsome...if you take that element away, then he'll have to prove himself by his character. This is a great plot Ellen, Well Done!

It's great to know what everyone's thinking! Glad you're having a good time with the story!

Re: Caroline. I don't think she's being evil, I think she's just being her usual mercenary (and very practical) self. She's always wanted Mr. Darcy for his money and position, and to her, nothing has changed. (As for me, I am thinking that regardless of the outcome of his injury on his looks, he will still be the same in the dark )

Re: Mr. Hampton. He's been lonely for a long time. He's settled. He doesn't have parents to please. Why shouldn't he hook up with a healthy young thing?

Keep on readin'!

(As for me, I am thinking that regardless of the outcome of his injury on his looks, he will still be the same in the dark )

Hmmm... That comment and an R rating. This bodes well

I felt sorry for Darcy falling like that in front of Elizabeth, but his rudeness to her appears to have been a far greater embarrasment. My recommendation would be to apologize quickly....it will only be more difficult the longer her waits.

Mr. Hampton may turn out to be an admirable rival for Elizabeth's attentions. Darcy had best collect himself or he's liable to lose out to a very nice man!

As for Caroline....blech...she is repulsive. Perhaps her maid could accidently singe off all her hair with a curling iron and she'll choose to remain in hiding until her stubble grows out. Aren't I mean?? Dang, this fan fic brings out my dark side!

Great chapter, Ellen!

Re: Caroline. I don't think she's being evil, I think she's just being her usual mercenary (and very practical) self. She's always wanted Mr. Darcy for his money and position, and to her, nothing has changed. (As for me, I am thinking that regardless of the outcome of his injury on his looks, he will still be the same in the dark )

Re: Mr. Hampton. He's been lonely for a long time. He's settled. He doesn't have parents to please. Why shouldn't he hook up with a healthy young thing?

I still think she is evil, lol! I mean, I know she's being manipulative, but I think I've never read this trait in her character before on any other fic. That's why I'm enjoying the way you portraied Caroline! This new side is definitelly alluring.

Now I'm getting worried about the doctor... well, maybe he will serve as the stemmer for Darcy and Lizzy's relationship like Frances said.

I quite like the idea of 2 men fighting over Lizzy , but of course Darcy has to be the one who will intrigue Lizzy and fill up all her senses. Hope he will at least get one eyesight back real soon so he can be bewitched by the pair of very fine eyes and pleasing figure!

Ellen,
Wonderful story again! I'm your greatest fan! Please, keep posting. I'm dying of anticipation!

I'm your greatest fan!

OMG, Angeles, no one has ever said that to me before! I'm beside myself!

With fans like the ones I've got on Mrs. Darcy's boards, I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Poor, Poor, Darcy! I felt so sorry the way he fell in front of Lizzie. I know the feeling! I like how Darcy and Mr. Hampton do not believe Ms. Bingley. How many others will fall for Lizzie? I will defiantly follow this story! Looking foward to more chapters!

I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Oh, yes!!! That would be great!!!

With fans like the ones I've got on Mrs. Darcy's boards, I had better post again before I leave on vacation Friday; what do you think?

Do you have to ask???? Of course you should post before you leave on your well-deserved vacation.

Have fun, dear friend.

Have fun on your vacation, Ellen.

Thanks, Renee, Diana.

I promise: Chapter 5 before I leave.

Oh good, I'll have a new chapter to read this weekend. :)

I'm enjoying the story so far, and really don't see Caroline acting any differently than usual. She's just being more verbal about her reason(s) for wanting to marry Darcy. I just hope Bingley overhears her and can rein her in. /That/ I'd like to see.

(Along with another R-rated bit between Lizzy and Darcy too. )

So I have 24 hours for stalking for the new chapter..

Dear Ellen, wishing you a nice vacation ... to a sunny destination, perhaps ? Or again to France ?
And do get your notebook with you, you never know when R-rated vignettes ideas could pop up !

You'll be away 2 weeks ?

Barging in to tell my French friend some exciting news.

Talking about France and the French, ma chère Mihaela, I've had the pleasure to meet Isabelle Huppert in The Hague!

Another R-rated vignette, you say... hmm... I wouldn't have a problem with that...

My dear Mihaela,

I will be sending Mrs. Darcy Chapter 5 today, to post at her leisure.

As for my vacation, I am going to Florida to visit my parents, my DH's parents, my DH's grandparents (in their 90s, G-d bless them), and the world-famous mouse and his kingdom.

I will only be gone a week (heavens, most Americans don't get to take more than a week off at a time, and I'm lucky my DH is willing to leave work again so soon after our last trip!), and yes, I will have my notebook with me, as I rarely travel without it these days. One never knows what I may accomplish!

Anxiously awaiting your e-mail. m'dear, and I wish you a wonderful vacation. May your muse accompany you!

Renée, this is great news ! I just love Isabelle Hupert ! You met her - talked to her ? I kind of envy you...

Indeed a sunny destination then, Ellen ! Enjoy your family and may all of you meet again many years from now !

What can I say ? *Should think of something to persuade Renée in posting the chapter soon... *
Will be waiting eagerly for your (and your notebook) return !

H&K,
Mihaela

Ne crains rien, ma chère... Never fear, I'll post asap.

And yes, I've been able to express my admiration for this wonderful actress.

It is an interesting turn in the story to have Darcy be dependent on the care of others. Usually he is the one taking care of others. I like it!

Chapter 5 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Dearest Ellen, enjoy your stay in Florida and have fun at the Magic Kingdom! This chapter is leading towards major angst, I fear. As much as I like the dear doctor, our hopefully soon-to-be well again Mr. Darcy should not have to compete for Lizzy's affection...or should he? You continue to weave your magic spell Ellen. I just love your stories and will eagerly await Chapter 6.

H&K
Mimi

Chère Renée ! This was just in time for my mid-morning coffee !

So the good doctor passes to action ?
Of course, he should accompany the Misses Bennet when they return to Longburn... or is Mrs Bennet to come first to Netherfield ?
And Darcy - is already the seed of jealousy planted ?

Dear Ellen, I have to tell you that I read again from the beginning and I indeed appreciate enormously this idea of having another person at Netherfield. Indeed, not only the temporary disability of Darcy is influencing our characters, but also the presence of a stranger... And I find all their so influenced behaviours truly credible. And love it !

Already thinking of what the new chapter will delight us with !

Dear Ellen, I have to tell you that I read again from the beginning and I indeed appreciate enormously this idea of having another person at Netherfield. Indeed, not only the temporary disability of Darcy is influencing our characters, but also the presence of a stranger... And I find all their so influenced behaviours truly credible. And love it !

You've taken the words right out of my mouth, ma chère Mihaela. And it's so cleverly done. Love it, love it!

...and I was having my mid morning coffee as well! Kindred spirits, aren't we.

Ellen

Thank you dearly for bestowing us another chapter. I had came here yesterday several times in hope to find chapter 5 , so I had to resign myself to read it today after getting home from a long and hard day.

Mr. Darcy is improving... too bad his tone was not the best when apologising. Hopefully he will warm up to the idea he has to be more humble and dear Lizzy is warming up to him as well.

Darcy having to hear the description of the hunting bout from the others must have been painful.

Oh my, now Darcy realized Mr. Hampton has indeed a deeper affection for Lizzy! Maybe this will prompt him to act sooner than expected and woo Elizabeth! I hope so :)

And I see Mr. Hampton is already preparing himself to act upon his intentions! This is gonna ge ninteresting

Thank you once again Ellen. Have a good week on Florida with your family!

OK, Ellen, this chapter totally gave me butterflies in my heart, yes heart, not belly!

Mr. Darcy is completely and utterly jealous.

I really love the way you have twisted it so Mr. Darcy is jealous and the Doctor thinks that he is in the clear and has nothing to fear from Mr. Darcy.

Boy, for some reason, I think he is wrong...

Ellen, I think Darcy is his own worst enemy. From his apology, ill temper in the Drawing room, to his discorse with Bingley. He is even more blind blind then he is when he can see.

My question is how will Dr.Hampton's suit be seen? Will it be welcomed or pushed to friendship only land. I have not discerned any tender tendencies from Elizabeth for him.

Thank you, Ellen, for another wonderful post.

Stacy

Oh ho, Darcy! Your words have painted you into a corner you had not forseen! LOL Ellen, you have crafted a curmudgeonly Darcy...he has shown little to appeal to a lady other than his physical beauty. He'd best start rethinking his manners and tone if he decides his interest in Elizabeth is more than out of mere curiosity.

I like the doctor...but Elizabeth seems to have shown no interest in him whatsoever. I'm eager to watch this unfold.

Hope you enjoy your holiday, Ellen!

Ellen, I have always loved your stories but I believe this may turn out to be my favorite one yet. I love your Darcy and I like the good doctor too.

You know Darcy is just going to have to figure out that if not for his money he just might not have much to offer a lady. It kind of reminds me of what the spirit said to Ebenezer Scrooge in "The Christmas Carol".

Anyway Ellen I am truly enjoying this story and look forward to your updates.

Meg Evenstar

Another lovely chapter, Ellen.

My favourite line had to be: "Alarmed at the notion of being caught pouting, he sat up straighter in his chair and arranged his face into a more pleasant aspect"

The physical picture of this is just both touching and hilarious... a petulant Darcy, how wonderful!! LOL

I love that Jane noticed his interest in Lizzy - planting a seed already...

Lovely, can't wait for more!

That was my favorite line, too, Splatt! LOL!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10