Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Ooh, will you be posting a new story of yours Renee?

Is there any possibility this FF is going to take place in... a canal in Amsterdam where Mr Darcy is waving with a Dutch Flag to Lizzy who's waiting for him on one of the numerous bridges...?

Nope, Basia and Sammy! Not for a while, although... Well, just wait and see.

In my post I wasn't talking about me, but about someone else, a far better FF author than me! Just another couple of days and Mrs Darcy is going to make you very happy to be sure...

Chapter 17 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Oh no! Why did the doctor have to hear about Darcy's supposed engagement? Just as I was getting my hopes up thinking he might change his plans and steal Anne with him to Nova Scotia for some fresh sea air and leave poor Lizzy alone:) I do love this story Ellen, hopefully there is more to come soon!

Sweet Lord! Angst, fear, angst! SmileyCentral.com
Ellen dear, as I understand, NOW we really have to wait for the next installment very loooooooong.
Don't worry about us, your readers. Have a most wonderful time with your friends. I'm just gonna sit in total despair, quietly whipping with fear what's going to happen next to Lizzy and Darcy. But you of course have fun
Ellen with her friends: SmileyCentral.com
Basia: SmileyCentral.com

Dearest Basia,

Chapter 18 is well on its way. If I can have it ready before Mrs. Darcy's departure on holiday, then you needn't wait so long.

Am I not obliging?

Ellen,
SmileyCentral.com
Basia

Oh Ellen,
That doctor is getting on my last nerve. He is relentless. I also had the thought that he might be interested in Anne. Now, he is going to hightail it back to Hertfordshire and tell Elizabeth all about the engagement, in a sinister way I'm sure. Boy, what a lapse of judgment Georgiana had in writing to Lady C. Oh no! I'm hoping for the new post before Renee's vacation. Thanks for a great story! Cindy

Oh dear oh dear...so Hampton is so determined to fight to the end to get his girl! Since he's leaving for Herfordshire, at least he will not harm Darcy physically. I hope by now the Colonel has been enlightened about Darcy's real love interest. If he's still hanging around perhaps he can be of GREAT help to provide sound advice to Lizzy (and protect her from that annoying Hampton) and bring Darcy and her together??!!

I hope by now the Colonel has been enlightened about Darcy's real love interest. If he's still hanging around perhaps he can be of GREAT help to provide sound advice to Lizzy (and protect her from that annoying Hampton) and bring Darcy and her together??!!

Sorry, Gio, but the Colonel can be of no help to Lizzy; he has already left Hertfordshire for his parents' estate and thence to Pemberley. Oh, well, I guess something else will have to happen!

the story is fab, as always
I hope Jane understand Mr Darcy, as his confident in her, I hope someone will comfort Lizzy once Mr Hampton talks of Anne DeBourge and not let her jump to too many conclusion, I can imagen what it is already 'he may love me, but will marry his cousin as his family decreed and at the same time desire me for a mistress' ... something along that line

Lydia will marry Wickham then? unless her cherry is not plucked and someone rescue the girl on their next interlude

I so love this story and it's just getting better. The characters are all so beautifully drawn and I'm holding my breath waiting for each chapter.

Let's see what Mr. Hampton intends and how Darcy will get out of Lady Catherine's clutches. Post again soon, please.

Oh, Ellen. So much is up in the air. Perhaps Elizabeth can flee and save Darcy from his aunt. One can hope. Anyway, this is such a wonderful story, and I can't wait to see how you get everybody out of these predicaments. I have to say that I can't wait until the doctor is out of the picture. Thanks for the new chapter, and I would be forever grateful if 18 was up before your vacation. If not, have a great trip!

Good night, Ellen! What have you done to poor Darcy and Elizabeth??? Georgiana summoned Lady Catherine?? Aaaackkk!!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I'd recommend Darcy commence running but that would be ill advised since he'd likely injure himself further tripping on the obstacles in his path from Pemberley.

Hampton is clearly waiting to deliver a death blow to any potential relationship of Darcy to Elizabeth with his impression that Darcy is engaged to Anne.

Hill! Hi-i-i-ll!!! My salts! My salts!

Will chapter 18 give us some relief? You don't know what we suffer!

Georgiana, poor girl! How will they get out of this one? I hope the Colnel will show up on their doorsteps I think the doctor is getting on my last never trying to be sneaky with Darcy and Elizabeth
Awaiting the next installment

Oh, Lady Catherine...blech. And Poor Elizabeth. Dr. Hampton's little Nova Scotia secret, Darcy's supposed engagement. Next it will be a man who keeps a mad wife in his attic.

I also wanted to say how very much I enjoyed Chapter 15. I don't know if I reviewed it, but Darcy and Jane's complete puzzlement over Col. Fitzwilliam's sending Jane to Darcy was hilarious. I snicker every time I read it. Jane and Darcy are too well-bred to ignore each other, and they both share a love for Elizabeth, so it is nice to see them so friendly - and joined in their confusion.

MEH!!!!!!!

Well-written and gripping, but... MEH!!!!

Puhleez post soon, Ellen!

And should I mention, MEH?

In my haste to get to the end of the chapter, i had missed out on Colonel's departure from Hertfordshire, Ellen
Well, i'll just have to be patient for your next update to see that "something else" to happen!

I am not very happy with Dr. H right now. At least Darcy told Elizabeth the truth. Dr. Hampton is going to tell Elizabeth something that is untrue. I guess he doesn't know that but still....grrrrrrr. I am hoping for Wickham takes a ship to another continent but I think he'll make trouble first. Thanks for the excting new chapter, Ellen!

Oh, the pain!
Lydia on her usual path to ruin (and a blind Darcy will not be available to save her).
Lizzy, saddened by Darcy's departure, brow-beaten by her mother--who will be oh so happy when the villainous Hampton returns. hiss-boo
Darcy threatened by the clutches of Lady Catherine-ack, ack, ack!!!!
Won't they get another physician to replace Dr. H?

Please have Lizzy go with the Gardiners to Derbyshire. A little Pemberley visit would set me up nicely!

Sigh,
*impatiently waiting for the next episode*
Margaret

Perhaps we can write something together...
Now ,run me through my body if we are not!SmileyCentral.com

Thank you very much for getting that chapter in before Mrs. Darcy goes on vacation!

And pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do something about Dr. Hampton soon! He needs a swift kick in the butt, or to be saddled with Caroline Bingley, so Lizzy and Darcy can work things out!

Oh Ellen,
Im soooooooooooooo disappointed, that I will have to wait for another chapter, to see if things work out...I am HOOKED! I dont want to sound like a groupie, but what the heck
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this story

I dont want to sound like a groupie

Awww, gee, Trixiara, go ahead!

Thanks for everyone who's hanging in there with me. I'm working hard on Chapter 18 in the hopes that I'll have it before Mrs. Darcy leaves. I just need a little time to myself...

Ellen, Another fabulous chapter! OH I swear I do NOT like that sneaky little doctor and I am trying to remember if Darcy had already told Elizabeth about Lady C's planned engagement to Anne, but cannot. If he didn't tell her then I hope he told Jane who can be there to reassure Elizabeth, but I have a feeling that the Doctor is planning something to compromise or blackmail Elizabeth into agreeing to marrying him. OH PLEASE post soon!!!!!!!!!! My mind is all over the place trying to figure this one out!

Apologies to all who have been waiting patiently for Chapter 18: I did not get my act together in time to post before Renee left on vacation. So I'm afraid it's going to have to wait. Thanks for hanging in there!

Can you have several ready by the time she returns???

Dana,
This is a splendid idea!
What you think Ellen
Basia

Several?! My, you all have such a high opinion of my writing prowess! Ordinarily it would not be such an issue, but with a house full of guests for the month of August, it will be exceedingly difficult to find time to write. (I have been trying to finish Chapter 18 five minutes at a time! )

Of course, one of those house guests being Elena, the second half of the month might better lend itself to writing. I'll do my best!!!

Ellen, all we can ask for is your best and what you're able to do. I hope the writing is coming along, and I can't wait for 18!

Ellen, I'm curious. Were you and Elena friends already or did you become acquainted through fanfiction? If this is too personal, just disregard. I think I've read previous comments from both of you about being friends. Thanks, Cindy

Cindy, my friendship with Elena is entirely due to Mrs. Darcy's. Isn't that nice?

Ellen,

I have nothing but the highest opinion of your writing! And an extreme amount of confidence in you. I consider each of your chapters a gift (and I'm a bit like a greedy child on Christmas morning wondering what will come next!)

COME BACK WITH EYES FOR MR DARCY--The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Ellen,

Jeepers, Creepers Ellen I'm anxious for Mr. Darcy to get his Peepers . Please come back. . . with a chapter or 2 or 12 or the rest of the entire thing.

STEVIEB

Time to post yet????

Yes! are we to be blessed with another chapter anytime soon?

Dear Ellen,

You said chapter 18 is almost ready. Perhaps you could send your guests for some nice walk and then you could send us another part of this great story.

Being in such a state of anxiety, we experience waiting for the next chapter, is very unhealthy, you know.

Basia

Thanks, everyone! Chapter 18 was in the middle of a major re-write, and then all the guests arrived...and well, I think I just need to dot some i's and cross some t's. Soon...

As much as I would love to see next chapter I know you might need to write it the way you want it to be. I always feel like a monster when I'm nagging the authors. But, you must know that I'm doing this only with the stories I really love and only with my favorite authoresses.
Patiently waiting,
SmileyCentral.com
Basia

Basia, my dear, you have no idea how much I like being bothered thus by you and the rest of the readers! As a matter of fact, I was just re-reading the chapter before sending it off to Renee for posting. Your patience will be rewarded!

Here you go, my dears, chapter 18 is up!

Dear Lord, Ellen it was truly heartbreaking. Dr Hampton is even more terrifying than I thought him to be. Manipulator under the mask of a nice man.
He surely spent a lot of time planning this scheme. And he certainly succeeded. I just hope – not for long.
Oh mine, I prefer not to think of what is going to happen next.
SmileyCentral.com
Basia

The Doctor is, quite simply, a pathetic beast!!!

Oh, Ellen, you just made a few more gray hairs pop out on the top of my head. Post again soon before I go completely gray. Thanks for sharing.

Holy Cow!!! That was unexpected. Mr. Hampton is NOT a nice man, at the least an incredibly selfish one. Poor Elizabeth and poor Mr Darcy...please make this right soon.

The good doctor is killing me. He has a lot of nerve. Can't wait to read more and find out if the surgery works. Thanks, Ellen.

Ellen,

Oh what a horrible decision Elizabeth has had to face! I cannot believe the gall of the Doctor to blackmail Elizabeth into marrying him. But at least Elizabeth was smart enough to ask to see proof of his work afterwards! At least he can't just pretend to do the work. This Doctor has become a truly mean man! Please post again soon!

LOL! If you think Mr. Hampton is "terrifying" and "a pathetic beast" now, you should have read the original version! (It was fierce -- He was practically twirling his mustache like a silent movie villain about to tie poor Nell to the train tracks, and it was suggested that I tone it down a bit!)

He is, at the very least, somewhat conflicted about what he's doing...even if he is being a selfish louse.

I adore this story and was so excited to see another chapter!

Bad, Bad Dr.Hampton!! Blackmailing Lizzy and forcing her to accept him by hanging this over her head. I can't wait until she gets to Pemberley. Please assure us that this will turn out all right!!

What a beast Hampton is! For a man with a dedicated profession, he was a great disappointment! Well, now i am in all anticipation for Darcy to retaliate!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10