Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Why can I not access the chapter????

1 PEEPER IS GOOD ENOUGH--Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

I was so caught up I did not realize I was at the end of the chapter!!! News from Longbourn? GAH!

HILARIOUS!!! :

"The Colonel had glanced anxiously at the doctor then to see how he bore it. Although Fitzwilliam was a military man and therefore accustomed to hearing language of a much saltier variety, he had never before heard a gentleman thus describe another man's intended in the man's very presence. With said man wielding a wicked-looking knife, no less! Yet Mr. Hampton had somehow managed to ignore his patient's ravings.

But Fitzwilliam's disquiet was not to be soon abated, for Darcy had added, chuckling merrily,

"Her hips, too, beckon me, so perfectly rounded and pressed so wantonly against my own. Make haste, doctor, make haste, so that I might soon return to my Elizabeth's arms!"

Choking out an oath, the Colonel had sought to prevent Mr. Hampton from approaching with his knife, but the doctor had waved him away with an impatient gesture. "At ease, Colonel," he had said. "You need have no fear of me." "

Well, Mr. D has one PEEPER now and that is good enough for me.

STEVIEB

Great Chapter!!

Why can I not access the chapter????

I don't know, Dana, perhaps you have to refresh your page (click on the icon with two green flashes, at least that's the way it looks in Explorer.)

I just can’t believe Mr. Darcy is going to have his eyesight that quickly. I thought it’s going to take weeks, if not months.

Ah, Basia, it has already been months. Any healing that was going to occur in that eye already has. Mr. Hampton has only freed the eyelid.

Important though is that he remains in relative darkness for a while, and gradually get used to the light.

"Her hips, too, beckon me, so perfectly rounded and pressed so wantonly against my own. Make haste, doctor, make haste, so that I might soon return to my Elizabeth's arms!"

Gosh, Ellen, I so adore your sense of humour apart from your very lively imagination!

An express from Longbourn! Oh, my nerves! Ellen, this was such a funny chapter, though I'm really depressed that Lizzy might not be there when Darcy wakes up. I need my smelling salts!

i love your humor Ellen! but poor Lizzy, what embarassment ! With such a letter from her family, i guess she has to make an abrupt leave and oh no!! that will mean Darcy miss the chance to see her again??!!

Ellen,

That was such a satisfying chapter!! I get the same feeling after having hot chocolate and cookies :>).
Mr. Hampton redeemed himself in my eyes and I was almost hoping that Anne would latch herself onto him, but we'll have to see what Lady Catherine has to say about that.

Now,this new mystery! Could it be that Lydia has run off with Mr. Wickham?

Post again soon, please

SmileyCentral.com
Girl, that scene made me laugh. I know, I know I've told you already... But I cannot help it! Hilarious!

-----
Aniina said:
Oh no, the express from Longbourn, why did that have to come up? I was already thinking the next chapter would be all lovey-dovey-happy-ending:) But on the other hand I'm glad it's not, because that means we get to enjoy your lovely story a bit longer:)
-----

Amen to that. Everything was so happy, so easy in the end, and then...not the end. Good old naughty Lydia gives us an excuse to linger.

I have loved this story from the very beginning. This last chapter was just perfect too. BUT Oh dear I had forgotten all about Lydia, I gather we are in for some angst, big time and all before Darcy has actually seen Elizabeth.
Can't wait to read more, so pleased that you post so regularly.
Many Thanks
Jo

OMG what a surprise to read this chapter to find out that the doctor SmileyCentral.com had actually performed the surgery on Darcy. BUT where was the rest of the chapter when Darcy opens his eye to see Lizzy?
Oh and the Colonel what a shock it must have been to find out he has been totally clueless about E & D all this time! SmileyCentral.com
Oh and yes Lydia the little twit why oh why does she always have to show up to ruin everything.
But all in all you did a great job once again Ellen

Great chapter, Ellen!

I really liked the part about Darcy under the influence of laughing gas. And I guess I can't call the doc Dr. Evil any more, but he still needs to go far, far away.

I was so cooing at the story, until the last line. Arrrgh! Please say you'll let Darcy see Elizabeth before she has to return home, please! Pretty please, with cream and sugar on top?

Ellen,
Thank you so much for finally allowing Darcy and Elizabeth to have a chance together. I love this story!!!!! I guess the doctor is finally returning to his for status as far as being a gentleman goes. I CAN'T WAIT for Darcy to wake up to see Elizabeth. PLEASE post soon!!! Cindy

Awesome Chapter!!! Had me choking with laughter, but, of course, since you delight in vexing me you had to end on such an angst filled note.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story, but now I need to go color my hair and cover the gray that this story has given me.

Excellent chapter! I guess the title is quite correct since Darcy only has one good eye....you have surprised me more than once during this tale so I won't even venture to guess whether or not Darcy gets to see Lizzy before she hi-tales it back to Longbourn because her idiot stupid sister is a twit!!

I hope the angst is of short duration....Thank you again for a great story.

Frances

Well Ellen,

I never thought it possible to redeem Dr. Hamptom, but you did it. Thank you for this chapter, but I so wanted this to be like a fairy tale and have Darcy wake up when he kissed her! Oh well!

But please tell me that Darcy gets to "see" Elizabeth before they jet off to Longbourn! Is it the whole Lydia and Wickham thing or something totally different? Will Elizabeth hear about Lydia running off w/ Wickham and think that Darcy will want nothing to do with her because of his dislike for Wickham? Oh you cruel authoress! Just when I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, you blindside me!

Please post soon!

The chapter was wonderful and I can't even fault you for the cliffhanger. I would love to have Darcy see Elizabeth before she leaves but I will love whatever you have planned. I am glad Anne knows that the doctor has redeemed himself. Good work, Ellen!

Oh what a cliffhanger! I can't wait until he sees her! Don't tell me the express has to do with Lydia! Grrr!

Love this story, I've been reading it all along, but I've been remiss in my comments, sorry, but I do love it!

Thanks,

Julie

Dang it Lydia! Just when everything was going well you had to run off with Wickham and spoil it! ugh!

Great chapter. Can't wait for Darcy to see her! I suspect he and the colonel will be running off to the rescue---new eye-patch and all! :)

The part I'm most looking forward to read it's when Darcy sees Lizzy. But I think that if it happens now it would waste a chance of Darcy meets Lizzy without being introduced and found out who she is after something happened. It would be very touching.
I imagine Darcy finding Lizzy at Pemberley.Like version 2005 of the movie, but without knowing that she is Lizzy.
This scene has so much feeling, it would be so good.Please Ellen think of it.
Bye, Hanna

Reading along, reading along - all in all, fantastic! Dr. Hampton comes to his senses, performs a service just for his craft and for kindness; Anne de Bourgh puts on a Lady Catherine-type show without her mother's cattiness; Jane saves the day (kind of); we get to laugh at Fitzwilliam's confusion (how DID he become a colonel?!).

I also liked very much the fact that Darcy only regained sight in one eye. We all would love him to carry on as he was before, and finally have the chance to see Elizabeth, but it would have been too perfect for the surgery to have worked that completely. It was a beautiful nod to both our hopes and also to reality.

Blame the laughing gas, but shame on Darcy for his comments He's going to end up ruining Elizabeth's reputation, lol. At least no one else heard all that.

Then I got to the end. Gonna kill Lydia.

I've just been reading your story, it's very well put together. I'm so ready for more! Good job on all of your discriptions, I totally feel like I'm there.

Once again, thanks to all who commented! Chapter 22 has been unavoidably detained, but rest assured, I'm working on it.

Can you tell I can't wait...

Ellen - I'm going to join the chorus for "Please relieve our suffering and post the next chapter soon!" I am anxious to know if Darcy will see Elizabeth before she leaves...

I'm going to add my voice to the chorus here. I am suffering serious withdrawal pains.

Please help us, Ellen!!!

Debra Anne

Ellen, pretty please SmileyCentral.com

I just re-read chapter 21, and that's whetted my appetite for the next one again. Please post soon!

Oh, my, who could resist such pretty requests? I'm working on it, my dears, I'm working on it!!!!

Chapter 22 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

SmileyCentral.com

You have no mercy, Ellen. Another cliffhanger. But I have faith in Darcy (you're not going to send to him to Nova Scotia now, are you?). And the Colonel. But Dr. Hampton lost a chance I was willing to give him.

Great chapter, thanks.

Basia

Ellen,

I am thoroughly enjoying this story. Absolutely wonderful!. Very original story line. Terrific suspense!

Thank you.

Roselle

Another fabulous chapter, I could strangle that Doctor with my bare hands, such an opportunist.
Thank you so much I love this story sooooooo much.
Many Thanks
Jo7WY6

Can't that Dr. Hampton just die already? Gosh!
oh by the way Great chapter!

Loving this story, Ellen. At least the doctor was sort of sorry to have to make his offer again. I'm Elizabeth did not even consider it. I was afraid I was going to read that she accepted the doctor's offer and that she would be gone before Darcy to get to her. I'm glad she is steadfast in her love for Darcy. Please post soon!!! I truly love this story. Cindy

Oh the angst again! But great chapter nonetheless, love it! Darcy will have to come to the rescue now!!

Thank you for the chapter, Ellen. I'm wondering--is the doctor going to try to help with the Wickham situation to make up for his Dr. Evillish behavior earlier? That's a twist on the story I'd like to see. :)

Thank you for this unusual story, Ellen

But don't you think you have given us enough angst without making Hampton the hero of Lydia's "rescue" as well? The doctor has been on centre stage far too long.

I am tired of seeing Darcy blind and helpless - over 22 chapters. Please let him do something for a change so that this would be an even more convincing D and E love story

Time for the Colonel and Georgie to be heroes!

I knew you weren't going to let Darcy see Lizzy when he woke up--you beast you! LOL

That Dr. H is very annoying. Perhaps he and Wickham can kill each other in a duel--bumping off Lydia at the same time? LOL I guess not. sigh.

Here's hoping Georgiana is able to calm Darcy with the correct interpretation of Lizzy's message. And that the quick carriage ride south doesn't impair his vision.

Thanks for posting. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next.

Poor poor Darcy...please let Georgiana explain all to him. I bet he will still think the worst of Dr. H even after he finds out what happened. Very exciting place to leave off. I do like thinking of Darcy as a fiersome pirate! Very good chapter! **** that Wickham!!

Wow, imagine Darcy riding along like some pirate in the Caribb.. sorry, another story, let's go for some Knight in shining armour instead. You're absolutely right, enough of Darcy- the helpless. Being helpless is not an apt description regarding his dealings with Elizabeth, he has rather been quite resourceful, don't you think?

Oh, the angst is back in full force!! E's parents don't know of the changes that took place at Pemberely, and they will still want Mr.Hampton to marry Lizzy! This is awful!! I still don't really trust Mr.Hampton, so I hope that Darcy can somehow find a way to get involved in finding Wickham. I just want it all to work out, but Lizzy is not sure that Darcy would want her. Please update soon, and relieve our suffering!!!

Depsite what everyone is saying, I like that you have Darcy helpless, it makes him seem more....real. In life it's not always a knight at fisrt. I would like to have seen Lizzy write a note for Darcy so everything doesn't get mixed up. I agree with everyone about Dr. H, I really think he's still up to no good. I don't know...maybe he can marry Mary. Who knows? Good job on the chapter, I can't wait for the next chapter. :)

Fearsome Darcy, indeed! Darcy to the rescue! I cannot wait til you have D&E meet again. Will Darcy know her before he hears her voice? Hurry, hurry -- write more! Love this story. Quite the twist!

This is a great story, and I keep checking for new chapters. I hope Darcy does not ruin his eyesight to be with the woman he loves, and that someone can bring him to reason... And then when his eyesight is all better (well, the one eye) you can bring them back together again...

This is a great story, and I keep checking for new chapters.

I couldn't agree more, Jeske, and I hope you'll check today, 'cause chapter 23 has been posted.

Enjoy, my dears!

My oh my, I trust that you won't add another Hampton twist to the plot, it would just be tiresome. Let's pray that Darcy is using Hampton as shield here. I'm confident that a crowd would join me cheering Darcy brought to the fore, why not on his beautiful stallion, to put it all to rest, black eye patch and all

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10