Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Lydia! Lydia Lydia ..I know Iknow we are reading P&P ere...but but stillllll ..they are doing so fine especially after Lizzy's uncertainties being solved..and all the passion shown before...and Mr Parker... grrrrrrrrrr..are you sure that he is being efficient..or is he a servant of Lady Cat or worst still Caroline's spy.. he he he...but whatever you decide Ellen...it is simply marvelous....I simply couldnt believe that you've posted...it is my dream that came through....thanks

So happy to see another posting of this wonderful story. Thanks for having Darcy be so passionate and patient with Lizzy. I'm so glad he was able to reassure her of his love before she did something rash. And now to rescue stupid Lydia from the brothel!

I love your story Ellen! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I was all set for a nice romp in the hay! Darn you Lydia..you stupid, stupid girl!!

Great chapter...thanks Ellen!

"Did you have a good ride, Lizzy?"

I love that innocent question from Jane--and Lizzy's doubts later. It seems quite credible that after the heat of the moment, she might start to wonder, what have I done.

This chapter made me smile a lot--until humour interruptus with the telegram about Lydia. I guess we're headed into a rough ride for a bit now. As always, I am looking forward to all of it--uh, you know what I mean.

GEEZ!!! This is the point in the story that always makes me want to pull my (Lydia's) hair. Thank goodness William knows Wickham's habits and the times are a little different during this era so we know that Lydia won't be forced to marry the very cad set out to destroy her.

I had to laugh at Elizabeth's imagination running away with her in the earlier part of the chapter, though. Poor William was just sitting there content to have his girl in his home and she's imagining he no longer loves her and just wants to get into her work pants. LOL Thank goodness they seem to finally have reached the point where they communicate with one another in a completely honest way. That will be a much better footing for their relationship. Now, will Elizabeth go with William or will she return home to calm the almost certain hysteria in the Bennet household? What will Jane do?

Thanks for all your hard work in bringing us such a good story, Ellen.

I have missed this story!

Oooh if I could get my hands on Lydia she wouldn't be able to sit for a month! A switch for her and horsewhipping for Wickham!!!

So GLAD to have this story continued! Stupid, stupid Lydia! But Darcy & Lizzy are so sexy together!!

I'm so glad Darcy was able to reassure Elizabeth and make her doubts about what he wanted from her disappear.

Elizabeth's lucky Darcy knows how Wickham works. Poor stupid Lydia.

Yeah! Thanks Ellen! Great chapter.

As always I savoured each and every sentence, but this one cracked me up

Then, with some surprise, Jane took in their host's wet hair, and, like any schoolmarm worth her salt, ably put two and two together.

I so LOVE Ellen's subtle dry humor!

Oh Ellen!

She loves him, he loves her...all should be perfect in the paradise that is Pemberbly except Wickham has to go and put in nose into things...

I can't wait for them to go riding off into the sunset to sort things out!

Aaaccccrrrkkk...KILL. LYDIA.

I love Westerns, and I love this story; and you've made the transition from the book to this era so seemlessly. I always check here for updates to "Silver Dust"!

Dearest Ellen,

An exquisite chapter. So much to enjoy here. Jane's quiet humor. Elizabeth's momentary qualms - very nicely taken care of by Darcy's direct approach. You have taken the Lydia portion of P&P to new heights! The Lone Wolf! Love it.

Thank you so very much for this wonderful story.

Roselle

I don't know who I dislike more Lydia, Georgiana or Mr Parker. Lydia for all the usually reasons. Georgiana for not listen to Jane that Lizzy was okay and sending Mr Parker to look for her. Or Mr Parker for always turning up and the worst times.

Chapter 18 was good but my favorite so far is 17. Here's hoping you give me a new favorite chapter and that you won't make us wait so long for 19.
Thank you
Geri

Thanks, everyone, for being patient with me, and for all the lovely comments.

A special shout-out to our dear Mrs. Darcy, who caught my personal favorite line in the chapter!

Ellen, that chapter was exciting in so many ways! I love the intimacy between E & D. Now, please let them rescue Lydia!!!!

Wow, Ellen, that was fantastic. I love your story and your writing. Please post more!

Thanks!

Ellen, this is such a good story! I really had my doubts about a western...but you have won me over tenfold!!!
Please keep posting, Thanks, Theresa

YIPPEE KY AY! Chapter 18 has finally arrived. Gotta love Jane - she's soooo observant! And that Mr. Parker is WAAAAAAAAY too conscientious and efficient! It IS nice to finally see L&D talk about their relationship.

Why, he must think her the worst kind of hussy, an easy woman trolling for carnal pleasures! She could not believe that she had behaved so wantonly

Oh I can! I swear those two are going to spontaneously combust if they don't...well, ya know.. and SOON!

GAH! Lydia! I hope Darcy accompanies the party back to their family's ranch, Bingley shows up (hey, I'm just thinking of poor Jane's happiness ), and Lydia is found SOON.

Thank you Ellen. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Please post again soon!

Cheers,
Julia B

Argh! there goes the passionate roll-in-the-hay scene!! All thanks to Lydia! But wait, now am looking fwd to see Darcy doning a shining armour and come to the rescue of the Bennets! And then, it'll be happy everafter and the roll-in-the hay scene right, Ellen??

Oh no! I knew that Denny character was no good. Don't keep us waiting too long til the next post.

Wonderful as ever! Thanks!

great read....! I do like they way you had Darcy (yummy by the way) re-tell her of his love, that way niether one would think what they were starting to think! :)

Oh ****! Just when things were going so well.
I guess it had to happen, and at least Will knows her feelings and they have a shared understanding.
Extricating Lydia from this fix sounds dangerous though....
Thanks for a great read,
JulietR

Don't you wish bad guys all came with the "Snidely Whiplash mustache" and a bad accent? Unfortunately, Wickham and Denny are good con artists. I sure hope Will can rescue Lydia! I'd really love it if he and Elizabeth went to the rescue together. I know I wouldn't want to be up against Elizabeth and her colt if I could help it!

Enjoying your story, Ellen. I hope the muse is good to you and lets you keep going on this.

Amy

Just so y'all know, I'll be leaving on Friday for a week in Nevada (I KNOW! How cool is it that I happen to be vacationing in the place I'm writing about!) . DH and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and are taking a week to ourselves. We're even going horseback riding. Maybe I'll have time to write there, maybe I won't, but I surely will find inspiration!!

Happy Anniversary, Ellen! Congratulations on 20 years!

Are you going to Virgina City, or perhaps south to Gardnerville and Minden? (have you been out to Austin yet?)

Have a wonderful time. Please don't forget about your devoted readers. We're looking forward to the rest of the story.

Safe travels -

Cheers,
Julia B

Don't forget to vote first, sweetie!

Happy anniversary and take every opportunity to enjoy yourself. My regards to William and Lizzy!

Actually, we're ostensibly going to Las Vegas. But since DH & I don't gamble, we're going to look for other ways to entertain ourselves. We'll take a drive to see the Hoover Dam, explore Red Rock Canyon (that's the horseback ride), take in some shows and who knows what else.

Never fear, Mrs. Darcy, dear, I have already cast my vote via absentee ballot.

Oh my gosh, Ellen! You are going to Nevada??? How cool is that? and well timed too!

Congratulations on your anniversary and enjoy yourself in your vacation. I haven't yet commented on the latest installment of SD. Needless to say, I found it brilliant, as usual

Dear Ellen, When I started reading your story I was living in Middle East and have never been to Nevada for sure. But upon my arrival to U.S I had this great opportunity to drive from Michigan to San Francisco. When I reached Nevada from Arizona in June, it was like hell . God knows there was nothing romantic about it! but returning back 3 month later we chose the road in far north of Nevada which was really nice. I definitely remembered your story Ellen and enjoyed picturing your Lizzy and Darcy busy ranching!!! San Francisco is a site for lots of fanfics as well as yours, so I enjoyed imagining things there too

Hope you have fun in Nevada. I guess the weather would be friend with you this week.

Ellen,

Happy Aniversarry ...a belated one no doubt ..but but all my good wishes for you stilll....and have fun!!

Ima

Howdy Ellen ~

Its been a month since Chapter 18 was posted. I hope you haven't stopping working on this story and will post the next chapter soon.

Cheers,
Julia B

Never fear, Julia B and other fans, I have not deserted you or my story. I was away in Nevada (yee-ha!) on vacation, then to Detroit on business, then was inundated with my entire family for an early Thanksgiving. As of tomorrow, my time will be my own, and I'll get back to work.

Yee haw Ellen is back to work on the Silver Dust. I am sing and dancing I'm so very happy that we'll have something new soon.
Geri

Ellen...

Just for your info..and mine too

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/peoples-sexiest-man-alive-hugh-jackman/15572?nc

Just thought it might add to your muse...

Ima

Just thought it might add to your muse...

Thanks, Ima. I needed that!

OMG, it's cold, I'm alone, work is a bit dull... I'm in dire need of more SD...

Renee, and anyone else who's been following SD, you'll be pleased to know (I hope) that Chapter 19 is about 2/3 done. I know it's been a long time between chapters, and I'm afraid I've set a bad precedent for myself during the times when I was able to post once a week! Nevertheless, I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm not leaving you high and dry.

Thank you for the update the only thing that would make it better is you saying it'll post tomorrow
Geri

Not tomorrow, Geri, but soon! Almost done.

heeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Here it is, my dears, chapter 19 of Ellen's smashing Silver Dust. Enjoy!

Yipppppeeeeeee....the whole world aka Mrs B and Caroline B, now knows that they are engaged ....I am glad that Darcy endearingly informed Caroline dahling...and not Lizzy...Bravo bravo..

I love it

Thank you

I'm surprised Caroline only shattered one glass! Great chapter but they all have been womderful. Irene

Oh man! What a chapter! Darcy is da bomb!! AM glad that Darcy has impressed Lizzy's family and declared his engagement to Caroline Look forward to more soon, Ellen! Thanks for another great chapter!

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13