Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: chapter 17 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Thank you, Julia, I'm very happy you like it here and I hope to 'see' you often!

[hugs]

Renée

Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Julia!!!

I got back from holidays a couple of days ago and I'm finally catching up. I had no computer access for an entire week, something foreign to me these days. I wanted to thank you for your comments here and your e-mail. I'm so very glad you're enjoying A&R. I've tried really hard to make Lizzy and Darcy a special couple (since J.A. did it so well in her story) so I thank you very much for the lovely comments about their characters. I hope to get more writing done soon... I'm getting there as quickly as a snail, I'm afraid!

Tracey, You are so very welcome. You are a very talented writer and I have no doubt that your muse will flow with abundance. After all once a man like Fitzwilliam Darcy enters our hearts and souls we are affected in so many different ways. Are we not?

I ENJOY READING YOUR STORY ! BUT HOW LONG B4 FINSIH IT ? I CANT WAIT TO READ THE REST . THANK YOU

Tracey,

I'm in love with A&R again as I've just reread the whole thing again...please continue soon...please please please . As you envisage, D & E here is so special that's why it warrants another reading..(and another and another..) but as it was left hanging..sob sob sob..please continue this wonderful story soooonnn

Tracey:
Good story, but when are you going to finish it? Lizzy and Darcy are such passionate people in your story! You left me hanging! I need an ending in your words, because you do write well! Plz finish

OK, I will put my two cents in too. I stated before in the Strange Bedfellows blog that I have read almost all stories on the site and it was my top 3.

Well, Tracey's modern story of P&P is my favorite on the site!!! I have reread three times which is rare for me. I absolutely love these characters. Please finish or at least supply us with a new chapter soon.

Glad I am not the only one suffering. But please, we need relief!

Tracey's Action & Reaction

Well, thank you all for your impatience. :) Really, it does my heart good to know people still want to read what happens. Someone recently asked me about my story on another site where I post and I answered as follows: the good news is, I've got 12,000+ words written, the bad news is, I have about 12,000 words to go before I will allow myself to post. At that time, I know that at least the draft of the rest of the story is complete. It's been a long time since I've posted, but when I post my last three chapters, they will be consistently posted.

Kayakchick, Roberta, Ima and Anna, thanks for all the compliments! I'm always amazed when people re-read my story because I so very rarely re-read anything (the original P&P being a major exception).

If I could turn the clocks back, I would have written everything before posting, or at least a great portion, but I'm afraid you're stuck with waiting for now. I hope you can stick around for the ending. Thanks again.

Tracey

Thank you Tracey for giving us some heads-up on the progress of A&R.

Well, we know now that the story is half done!

Eagerly waiting!

A fan

Diana

Tracey, Great news!!! I can't wait but I think I too will re-read A&R myself when you post again. My friends are waiting also so I will give a heads up to them too. Again Great News and Keep Writing.

Thank you for the good news! I can wait! Your story is one of my favorites! Ah such an imagination!
I will also inform my friends of the good news...

Tracey,

Thank you very much for the update.. see my big smile..it will be bigger when you post your last 3 chapters.. ..Thanks again..it's a great relief to know that we are heading to the end...

Hola chicas!! Dear Tracey, I love your story. But pplleeaassee hurry and post something... I´m dying here trying to figure out what´s Lizzie up to next...she really have to make amends to our beloved Mr. D. I´m happy to read your promises of new chapters, but I can´t help writing and put some extra-pressure on your shoulders (or typing fingers?)

Anyway, like I said, I love your story and I will keep on waiting, hopes high.

hi tracey, thanks for keeping us posted and for the feedback. i will wait for as long as needed! can't wait to read what happens next and glad to hear that you have the outline completely finished.

will that beautiful dress come into play? will she maybe wear the necklace with it? how will he give her the ring. man, wooooooo...

hey, i wanted to tell you that i love the way you have used the songs "crash" and "short skirt, long jacket" in the story. i freakin love those songs and it sets the scene sooooo well! maybe you can incorporate another song in the story. also, i love how you describe what they are wearing. i now dress my husband the way you dress darcy in your story. ha ha!

thanks again.

Tracey,

I just heard Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" on my way back from work..and I thought of YOU..Just wondering are you near to your mark on writing the next 12,000 words before posting ?? Hope everything is fine at your end so that we are able to enjoy your WONDERFUL story ..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee....I was thinking of thousand alternatives as to DArcy's 3rd wish when I heard this song. Please Tracey..we love your D&E here so much...please post soon..
Have a nice day

Love
Ima

As always, your supportive words keep me focussed on finishing, even if time doesn't allow me to write as much as I want.

Kayachick, as for the gown... oh, yes, it will come into play. I haven't forgotten about it, even if Lizzy might have for the moment.
Your husband dresses like Darcy? Lucky you! :)

And I can't answer those other questions, that would be giving things away!!!! I just don't do that!

Ima, Darcy has not forgotten about his third wish, but he's a smart man, he'll use it wisely.

Kari, I'm working as fast as I can but time isn't kind to me at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed that my life slows down soon!

Thanks again to you all!
Tracey

Dear Tracey,

I have a confession to make: I never read modern P&P fanfictions (I preferred regency fanfictions), untill I found your fantastic A&R! Congratulations! It follows the line of the original J.A. novel in a very delicate way, and I read it at once from the first to the last posted chapter - I simply could not leave it!!! So please, have a mercy on your poor readers and send us some amazing new chapters!

A&R

Sheila, thanks for such a lovely comment! It's always nice to hear I may have converted people into modern fans! :)

I have to admit, I'm curious to hear what made you decide to read mine. Readers sometimes tell me it was their first modern story but that was often because my story was the first one on a list of stories at another site -- so if you'll indulge my vanity -- is there any particular reason you decided to read A&R?

I like very much how you described my interpretation -- following the line of the original in a very delicate way. I'm very touched you think this way. I've always hoped to catch some of the spirit of the novel so for you to say this confirms it. Thanks for your comment... and I am writing... just very, very slowly.

Tracey,

I love A&R, it is one of the first modern fanfictions I have read! I started reading it because I read 36D and loved your style of writing I thought I would read A&R which was much recommended by the readers of 36D. I look forward to reading the end of A&R.

Chez

Hy Tracey,

to answer your question: I was reading some comments on the forum, and curiosity was awakened in me. Once I started reading I was lost...After I have finished with A&R I have also read 36D and was absolutely thrilled!!
I could praise you writing skills at some length...
So keep on writing!
Many regards from Hungary!!!

Hi Tracey!

Just checking back from my original email to you in August. I do understand how busy things are with you, being a parent of a toddler myself. But PLEEEEASSSE post soon! I have re-read this story so many times, Love it! But can't wait to find out what happens to D&L next, it's killing me! Sorry, don't mean to pressure you. Just wanted you to know how much this story is loved. I think this is the best modern fanfic out there. Thanks again Tracey! :)

A&R's completion

Oh, gosh! Julie and everyone else! You’ve been so great in keeping me motivated, and in fact, I really do want to finish this, but I have to be honest. I’m really not getting the time now. It’s not just my terrible time management skills (though I confess I’m not the greatest), it’s also because since this summer, I’ve had to deal with a new and unexpected situation in my life that has been draining my energy and much of my time. It’s not a life-threatening illness or anything, just something I don’t really want to specify on-line. I’m sure you can understand.

It’s frustrating because at this point, it would really be of great help to me to write, because I’m not getting a lot of “me” time. However, combined with two kids and running our household, I just flop down in bed at night and my creative juices are lacking. Once I get a manageable schedule going, I’m sure I’ll have the opportunity to write with some consistency again, but if I wrote anything now, I don’t think it would be worth posting.

I want to apologize. If I had known this story would have taken me so long I would never have posted it until it was ready. I really do love my characters and want to give them a fitting ending so I don’t want to post until it’s written and I’m happy with it. I'm hoping that will be soon but I'm going to have to admit, the story is on hiatus for the time being.

Thanks again for all your encouragement. I don’t see it as pressure, but I also don’t want to disappoint.

Tracey,
as most of us are wivesm and mothers with several kids, and working women with a busy household I think it is no wonder that you are not always on the "top" in your private life!
I wish you a lot of strength to solve your problem as soon as may be, and then when your muse returns please remember your readers and keep on writing!

Tracey...yes we understand your predicament..that's why we mummies turn to your wonderful story during our nice break...thank you for sharing your wonderful Darcy & Elizabeth with us..yours is one of the best...please write soon...
Ima

Just leting you know that I am still patiently waiting for some more chapters to this wonderful story of yours. Being one of only two modern P&P fanfic I have read i still remember it quite will since July. Hope life gets a little easier to allow you some time to indulge us eager fans with at least one new chapter before Christmas! Take care and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Hi Tracey!

Ah, bless your heart! I really do understand the lack of time in your life with two little ones to attend to and your personal issues as well. You just take care of you first, then pick up when you have time. We all understand, and look forward to reading your beautiful story again. Best wishes, Julie

I love the story and can't wait for more, but I think I am missing a few chapters. When I click on the next chapter page to move to chapter XIX it skips to XXI. Do you know how I can get to these other chapters?

Hi Anne, you're perfectly right, I posted the wrong link. Here's the right one: chapter 19

Renée

Thanks!

Action & Reaction

Well, as I wrote in an e-mail to someone tonight, it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind... and I just wanted to let you all know that my gift to you for the holidays will arrive in less than two weeks.

I plan on sending Chapter XXII to Renee soon. Instead of waiting until I've written the whole story, I feel this chapter should be posted in December as it fits with the holiday theme.

And I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and patience. Who knows when the other two remaining chapters will be posted, but I've got 8,500 words being edited by my betas at the moment and there's no reason why you shouldn't all read them sooner rather than later!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Go Tracey, Go Tracey! Can't wait to read the new chapter!

Tracey,

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!!!!! I am so looking forward to reading the next chapter! What a great Christmas gift you gave to us all! Thanks so much again! Julie

Wonderful news Tracey! Thank you and what a great Christmas present! I'll be checking often (not like I don't check this site everyday as it is!)

Brandy

Thank you Tracey! That is really a great news!
I hope that you private life will also be OK soon...
You must know that you are bringign us a great joy with your wonderful story!
Regards from Hungary!

Tracey! Wonderful news! I´ll be eagerly waiting.

Great news Tanya, what a perfect Christmas Present for us all. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Tracey.......thank you thank you thank you...I am so looking forward to the next sizzling chapter...I have missed your D&E...

Wonderful to hear from you, Tracey!!! This will be a great christmas gift Thank you, very much dear. Can't hardly wait....

Merry Christmas to us all! I am waiting patiently!
Thank you for the great news Renee & Tracey!

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind.....yes yes yes....yesss...Tracey....thank you and Renee tahnking you in advancee..

Been clicking and checking here so often..to check whether MY WISH or Darcy's third wish is coming true...I can't wait....as I don't celebrate Xmas..this is a great New Year gift for me....

Ima

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! OK, I hadn't checked the forum in the last few days so this is new to me. Tracey, you have made my freakin' day. Thank you!

What a unexpected awesome surprise!!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!
Thank you Tracey, Happy Holidays!!!!!

Great!

That will indeed be the perfect way to start my holiday!

Thanks Tracey!

Kim

Renee dear, I know we do have some 2 weeks in December..but any news from Tracey...she did say in Dec didn't she....I just can't wait...it is like a dream comes thruuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOL, Ima, don't worry, I know Tracey well enough to tell you that she intends to keep her promise!

Gee thanks Renee...

....That me for being so impatient...

Love you both

Tracey's new chapter was accompanied by the message below meant as a re-cap. Since I like the pages to have the text of the story alone, but most certainly would'n want to deprive the fans of your personal words, I post it here, if you don't mind, dear Tracey.

Renée

A message from Tracey...

Dear Readers!

Can you believe it? I'm posting a chapter. I suppose you might need a re-cap considering it's been a year.*hiding in shame*

In my last chapter, Lizzy was comforting Lydia who had been viciously dumped by Wickham after they were caught in his office by his new employer. She found out Darcy had let the employer know about Wickham's ways with young women. This was on top of the fact Darcy had offered Lydia a job in the mailroom to help pay back money to her father that she had given to Wickham.

The last time Darcy and Lizzy were together, Darcy had kissed her passionately and left her at her door, leaving Lizzy to figure out what he meant by such a kiss. She had decided it was a question and she had to answer back, particularly because of the efforts he had made for Lydia. They still disagreed about how they would have handled Wickham and Lydia, but she finally decided to move on.

Hope you all enjoy!

Tracey...

I bet we all do, dear... tremendously!

Oops... you'll find the chapter here

OMG .....It's here..Iam going to go slow...I am going to read the story all over again to the current point... ...I hope I have the patience thoughhhhhhhhh Thanks dearest Tracey and Renee...

Oh my goodness! Tracey finally updated! Thank you dearly Tracey and Renée!]

OMG! I wish I had time to read... *printing and keeping it within the purse, to read on her way to work*

I´ll be back later with a propper reply...

1 2 3 4 5 6