Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: chapter 17 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Hi Tracey and Renee,

Thanks so much for posting this! Wonderful chapter, however I WANT MORE!!!!!! Sorry, maybe that sounds selfish of me and I realize this is a crazy time of year, but I love this story and I cannot wait to find out what happens next, it's killing me! Will Lizzy go home with Darcy after the party? If so, we know they'll make love, but will William ask for his third wish and propose to Lizzy with his mother's ring? Please update soon Tracy! Thanks so much again and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Tracey,
My mind is going bonkers..such miscommunication and misunderstanding and wrong signals all around...
..her mistakes..his mistakes..in her shoes and in his shoes..wow...how could you think off all those POVs...and the making up ...Darcy on stage..hey..that's unreal...can't wait until they are back at Pemberleyyyyy THANK YOU TRACEY for making such a GREAT effort to finish off this great story...

Hummm. What can I say...so much hesitation! So much beating about the bush..a little less conversation and more action please!! These two remind me of a couple a read about in a book called P&P. It was about two very complicated people who fell in love.Any similarities?
Keep up with your great job, Tracey! And never park your pen!

It's been quite awhile since I read the story, so today I spent quite abit of my time refreshing before happily devoured the latest chapter. And I have to say - it is worth the wait and wow! finally kissed and made up! Thank you Tracey for granting us our wish, hopefully Darcy will be granted his 3rd, whatever that is Please don't keep us waiting for too long on your next chapter

Action and Reaction by Tracey

just testing!

How happy am I! Loved the that they have made-up and cleared up all mis-concepts of what the other was thinking!
Great holiday present!
This is a great story! Good luck on your story writing! Hope your holidays are Merry!!!

Happy Me, Happy Fellow Message Boarders!

I think that was the sweetest chapter I have ever read...it is amazing to me that you can have these characters the same after a year hiatus. Like I can completely tell that these are your characters. I really don't know if I am expressing myself correctly but only you could provide the details to make them who they are.

When I read your story, yours was the first "modern" story that I have read. Now, I have read countless. Yours is still my favorite...

Oh yes, yes, yes!!!!
Thank you Tracey, thank you Renée!
You made my day!! And I am so happy that they finally got through that angsty period!
Tracey, I am still amazed of your writing skills... ThumbsUp2]So don't hasitate, just keep on writing!!!Cloud9]
LOVE YOU, AND WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tracey & Renee, So glad to see new chapter, I was so exceited I actually cried with joy. I will have to say I have the same sentiments as Eli
"Hummm. What can I say...so much hesitation! So much beating about the bush..a little less conversation and more action please!! " I too wish to have read a little more, just call me greedy Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas. And thanks for the .

ok, here I am and Wow!

It was worth the wait Tracey!
I´m so glad they finally came to terms with all those unresolved feelings and are now ready to start all over again!

Great, great story!

Tracey thanks so much for this new chapter of your wonderful story. What a great Christmas present to all your many fans here in Australia. I just loved how they have resolved their problems.

I love your story! I'm hooked. I need more chapters soon. More smutty ones I make me very happy.

Susie Q

I'm very happy now, Tracey, thanks to you. I will read the whole story again and remember again why this is my favorite modern PP FF ever... Beautiful xmas gift, darling. Thank you again.

Action & Reaction posted!

Just wanted to let you all know I've been reading your comments and they do my heart good (as well as my ego, but whether that's good or not, who knows?)

I will be back to comment individually... it's just a busy time of year, as you know!

Thanks again for your views and your demands for more. It's reassuring to a lady who waited a whole year to post between chapters!

Mmmm... I think a few have you have guessed what the third wish would be! And here I thought I could keep you all guessing...

Dearest Tracey, I finally had a quiet moment to seriously, attentively and thoroughly read your new chapter and what joy it brought me. I loved the well worked out discussions which cleared so many things, the very evocative descriptions of the location, the kiss under the mistletoe... But most of all I loved his speech. It was short, but so poignant (I almost cried) and full of humour too! Well done, dear friend.

Allow me this quote...

Neither hesitated with their approach, though they were both unhurried. Lizzy stared at his lips until she closed her eyes in anticipation. This was the kiss with which she wanted to answer his question. It wasn't lusty or overtly passionate; it was tender, open and reciprocal. Slow and delectable, but full of meaning; the kind of kiss that makes broken-hearted lovers forget their sadness and allows them to open up to a renewed faith in the other, mixed with the tingling excitement of a future of certain, uncomplicated love.

I so LOVE this, even though he misunderstood, and she misunderstood he misunderstood... well, they sorted it out, I'm so happy...

Poor Lizzy, being dragged away and distracted by all sorts of people she didn't at all want talk with... she so desperately wanted to talk to Darcy but didn't get the chance! I felt for her even though it was funny too. I will never forget this word: gobbledygook ...it made me LOL

Thank you, Tracey. It can only get better now between our beloved couple. And the naughty, romantic girl in me hopes for a few very passionate scenes soon!

R~

YAY! They finally kissed and made up. Now I can't wait for the proposal, which is undoubtedly his third wish. Can't imagine what more he could want but to marry her and have her to himself forever. Hopefully it goes better and with less distractions than there reunion.

Thank you Tracey and please don't keep us waiting too long!

Hi Tracey!

This last installment was so great, thanks again for bringing it to us for the holidays, beautifully done! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and wishing you and yours a happy new year as well! Now, how are you faring with the next installment? Am I correct in thinking that you want to finish the next two chapters to complete this story before you post it? If so, I understand the delay, especially this time of year and with all your family obligations, I truly know how that is! However, I am so anxious to read more of this delightful story, I so love Lizzy and Darcy and can't wait to read what happens next! Please say you're almost finished, please?!!!!

Ladies, I know I haven't been around much, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate each and every comment. I've been taking my time trying to write back to you all and here are my comments below. Thanks again for reading!

Ima -- The bad thing about me posting so infrequently is poor ladies like you who I force to read it over again so they can make sense of the story! Did I make you dizzy with all their misunderstandings?

Julie -- Sorry I couldn't post another chapter right away... but it will take less than a year to post the next one. Will they? Won't they? Well, there's only two chapters left so you know they "will" at some point!

Eli -- Hmmm, P&P, you say? Never heard of it... I'll have to look into the story in case she's stolen my idea. :lol Glad you enjoyed, and yes, they did beat around the bush a bit, didn't they? You want more action? Check out my next chapter when it's ready.

Gio -- I think every lady on the board has guessed his third wish... usually I can keep people guessing! Glad you thought it was worth the wait, that's a very big compliment for me because I know I took too long to post! As for the next one, I promise there will be less time between chapters!

Roberta -- I think you win for most emoticons!!!! Glad you enjoyed. I know... finally, they've cleared things up... took them (and me) long enough. Hope you had a great holiday season too!

KayakChick -- I love your username, btw! I've tried really hard to keep the "continuity" right -- not just of the story, but of their characters. I was a bit worried that people would see Darcy's move on stage as too out of character, but I did want to show that he knew the value of being public if necessary. So yes, thank you. I definitely understand what you're trying to say and take it as a great compliment. And *blushing* thank you for such a kind comment about my modern.

Sheila -- You know, I always joke that my story isn't that angsty, but actually, I think it is. I wonder if it gives anyone a headache? LOL Yes, we're now at the mushy part, so enjoy. Hope you had a great Christmas too!

Julia -- Mmm... I think I know why you want to read more. They made up, so where's the "make-up sex"? Is that what you're hinting? Perhaps you might want to stick around for the next chapter. After all that hesitation, I think they may be a little more assertive.

Diana -- Glad you finally got a chance to read! And yes, finally. I've put them through the ringer and now there's no stopping there... I think... what can I do with two more chapters?

Jill -- Thank you so much. I'm glad the Australian ladies enjoyed and could consider it a present after such a wait!

Susie Q -- I may be able to oblige you with a smutty chapter soon... but not too soon, I'm afraid.

Kari -- As I mention to someoen else, I feel a bit sneeky in having forced you to read the story again! But at least you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for the compliment about my modern.

Renée -- I know some people may think it not in keeping with Darcy to speak in front of so many, but I think it's a good equivalent to the "mortification" he went through in searching for Lydia in the original (as Lizzy put it, I believe). He was willing to put his pride on the line for Lizzy's love.

As for the lines you quoted, I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed I had to use those and then backtrack on it when they mixed their signals again! I feel like I cheated L&D out of their romantic moment... oh, well, I'm going to try to make up for it in the next chapter... the naughty, romantic side of you will probably be rewarded too.

Jess -- Ah, the third wish... I wish I could deny what it is... but I mean, what else could it be... right? I'm writing at a much steadier pace these days so I hope things won't take too long to post.

Julie! -- My latest chapter has been written in draft form. I'm in the editing process now -- lots of things to add to make it flow better. I've started a detailed outline to the last chapter as well. I hope to start writing that in draft form this weekend. And when I'm satisfied with the draft of the last chapter, I'll post my latest. So, that's where I stand. I hope that's not too disappointing! Thanks again for your encouragement!

Thanks all! Off to go writing!

Tracey

My latest chapter has been written in draft form. I'm in the editing process now

R~ <-- heart's beating real fast... Can't wait, Tracey!

Tracey´s quote:
My latest chapter has been written in draft form. I'm in the editing process now -- lots of things to add to make it flow better. I've started a detailed outline to the last chapter as well. I hope to start writing that in draft form this weekend. And when I'm satisfied with the draft of the last chapter, I'll post my latest. So, that's where I stand. I hope that's not too disappointing!
---

Not at all dear Tracey! Oh my goodness! You have a draft and we all know you eventually are going to present us with another great chapter of yours! Thank you!

Mmmm Tracey. Indeed I love action...I am a greedy forty year old lady...SmileyCentral.com And you certainly excel at describing this type of exertions...So hurry to post!!!!

Oh boy!oh boy! oh boy!! I am indeed drooling like dear Eli... I dont't think you'll be surprise that I've read your latest chapter all over again day before yesterday...and I can now grasp the chapter better..I think I was confused the first time round because I was too excited that you've posted finally and missed out a few key points (ha ha ha ) or even lines.. I was too blinded with happiness that we got the new chapter... ..Tracey ..thank you again frm the bottom of my heart for finishing this story...(I can't wait to go back to Pemberley... )...BTW have a great NEW YEAR (belated though...........)

I just discovered your story this week, and I'm addicted. Wow! I've never enjoyed modern Darcy and Elizabeth's, but yours is definately an exception. I'm incredibly excited for your next installment.

Tracey, I started reading this book again when I heard you were close to being done. It is so good, last night I was reading away in bed and my husband started reading along with me on chapter 15, yes ladies go check it out. SmileyCentral.com What can I say Tracey I can't wait to read the rest of your wonderful book.

Thanks again for your support!

Just wanted to post a special thank you to Nifer, a first time poster to my comments. It's always fun to convert a "Regency-only" type! It's a great compliment to hear you've enjoyed my modern.

Julia42... I'm always glad to provide a little inspiration.

Tracey <--------- who's trying to find time to write, but her children keep getting colds!

Ohh shoot them! ...I mean school them...or send them to bed...just keep writing!SmileyCentral.com

Hi Tracey!

Sorry to hear your little ones have been sick, poor things! Hope they're feeling better soon so you can continue to write this wonderful story! Can't wait to read the next chapter Tracey, I'm on pins and needles waiting to read about Darcy & Lizzy's romantic night (I hope!) after Charles' and Janes party. I'm sure you won't disappoint. Thanks Tracey!
Best regards, Julie

Dear Tracey!

Best wishes to your children. I hope they´ll get better soon! I´m too constricted to bed with an awful flu and a non ending fever.

Very excited to here about the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as I can remember I also have you to credit with converting me to modern fanfic too! Certainly worked, seeing as I am now writing my own.

Hi Tracey!

Just checking in to find out how the last two chapters are coming and if you'll be posting them soon, as I (and many others here I'm sure!) am so anxious to read the rest of this wonderful story. I hope you and your little ones are doing better, I understand how hard it is when your children are sick, we've all been sick in our house lately as well. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope we see an update soon!

Best wishes, Julie

Hi Renee,

Just wanted to check back and ask if you know anything about when Tracey plans to post the rest of this fabulous story for us. I believe the last time she posted was mid-December, and since it's March 1 today, thought she may be close to posting again. I realize she's extremely busy with real life, kids, etc. but I and other fans of her work (I'm sure!) are wondering if she's close to finishing the story. I hope everythings going well for her. Please let me know soon, thanks Renee!

Julie

Dear Julie, Tracey has been a bit under the weather (or is it water LOL) and her kids too, so i'm afraid she didn't check her thread for a while. I know for sure she's working on her story, but... actually... she's betaing mine at the moment! haha

I'll get in touch with her.

Renee! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Yes, it seems like my whole family has been sick at one time or another during the past two months! Winter! Yuck! While I may glamourize it in my story a bit, I am no fan of Ottawa winters.

While one chapter is done, I haven't been able to move on the second one in quite some time. As I mentioned before, I had to adjust my life earlier this year... well, to be honest, my three year old son was diagnosed with a disorder last August (I'd rather not go into details, we'll keep it general), and we've had to set up a lot of different therapies and appointments, not to mention changing our lifestyle dramatically. All that combined with a new daughter still not yet one year old.

You've all been so understanding about me not posting any faster, I just thought it would be best to explain a little more. No worries about my little guy, he's doing great and since we intervened at an early age, he's improving by leaps and bounds. He's quite a friendly, happy little boy so life doesn't seem to stress him too much.

Needless to say, my writing has been moved to the backburner, though I think about it constantly.

Thank you for asking, though, I'm glad you're eager to read more even though we're just about at the end. :)

Hi Renee and Tracey,

Thanks for responding so quickly to my post. Tracey I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with so much with sickness lately. I can definitely relate, as we've all been sick off and on the last few weeks too, although we're getting better (colds, etc), we are SO ready for Spring to arrive, only 19 more days, yay! If only the weather would improve, but that's not easy in Northeast Ohio this time of year. I'm glad to learn too that your son is getting better, poor thing. Anyway...I understand that you have been planning to post the last two chapters together but since we're all waiting on pins and needles to find out what's going to happen with our Lizzy and Darcy, would you consider giving us the one chapter that's finished? If you don't want to that's ok, but I think I can speak for many other of your fans that we're all DYING to read MORE, especially if it includes lots of D&L sappy, loving!!!! Just a thought and no pressure, but we just love your story and can't wait to read more.

Good to hear from you Tracey and thanks again!

Best, Julie

Hi Tracey

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. I wish you all the best.

Tracey, although you didn't specify the problem, I think I can relate somewhat. I have two children, 5 and 8, both with autism. My eight year old has completely recovered, thank God, my five year old still struggles but continues to take small steps. I can imagine writing chapters is your last priority. All I did for five years is concentrate on them and feel sorry for myself. If I went through it all over again, I would have listened to the people who begged me to make some time for myself. Of course selfishly we all want you to continue writing, but you may find it to be just the thing you need to take a break from everyday life.

Tracy,

Hearing bout all your RLs makes me appreaciate and would like to thank you for listening to all of our pleading for more of your wonderful story..and actually responding to it...you r a super lady with such a great & CREATIVE mind....having 4 kids myself with all 4 being premature babies was quite an experience for me..so we mummies understand...hugs and kisses to your boy ...thanks again..I'll just reread again all the good parts..just before the angst..that will do it

Oh, Tracey, as much as I would like to know what happens next in your wonderful story, I understand what you are going through right now. I hope things get better and better soon... spring is just around the corner, take it as good sign. God bless you and your family.

Tracey,

I just found this latest chapter! Yay! I love this story. I don't care if it takes you forever to post the end of it, I'll be waiting. Seriously, weren't you pregnant with your son when you first started this thing? Yikes!

Whatever...I still remember the bachelor auction and the song 'A Little Less Conversation' by Elvis. I'd never heard it before, or if I did, I must have been just a kid, but that song makes me think of this story!

Thanks!
Jean Louise

Tracey

Just wanted to tell ypou that I'm re-reading your stories again, and what a delight I find in them. I've also recommended your stories to other people who have asked about fanfiction.

Be sure that I'll be patiently waiting for your input and I hope everything is ok with you and your little ones.

Hugs

Diana

Hi Tracey,
Although I have been blessed with healthy children(thank God). As a mother I can relate to a child not being well. They are your first priority. And still you were able to finish your story. Here again we see why God made women...lol....
I truley love your story. I like the modern twist.
Thank you. Hope all is going well at home.

Thank you all again!

Again, forgive me for not posting much lately. I do appreciate all comments but sometimes I just don't know what to say when I don't have any good news. :( I've been writing more lately but I'm not exactly pleased with it. Isn't that just my luck -- I'm writing, but it's not flowing well. Grrrrrr....

Julie -- I'm sorry I can't relieve your suffering! I can't post one chapter without finishing the other. At this point, there are tie-ins between chapters, and of course, I need to tie up any loose ends with the whole story. If I post this chapter and then realize I've missed something, I may screw up the ending. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I'm just so glad you're still sticking around to read the final two. Unfortunately, it seemed like my kids ... well, all four of us, have been sick the whole winter. My little girl couldn't have her first year shots a couple of weeks ago because, again, she had a cold. She's actually on a puffer since November... so she's prone to colds. Yes, I'm bringing out the violins here, aren't I? Actually, I feel really bad for her little body -- my son was so healthy in his first two years, and this little girl catches everything.

Alicia -- Thank you so much for the kind words. Yes, you can definitely relate and I actually bow to you. Two boys with autism is a ton of work for all of you. You must be exhausted half the time! Congrats about your eight year old and as for your five year old -- small steps are still steps, they add up. My little guy's speech has improved significantly in the past few months so we're pleased about that and we just successfully toilet-trained him! That's a very positive thing -- only one baby in diapers now! As for my own time, I do get a chance to write here and there, so I am progressing!

Ima -- Four kids! I just couldn't imagine. My mother had six kids and I just ... well, anything over two seems like too much to handle! I've passed along the hugs and kisses to my little guy -- not a tough thing to do -- I love giving them, he loves getting them! Thanks for the warm words.

Kari -- Thanks for your supportive message. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner! Words like this really do make a difference.

Jean Louise -- You're still around? Wow, I'm so happy you haven't given up on me! An original poster! You know, when I started this story, my son wasn't even conceived!!!! Argh!!! I remember reading fics and wondering why people took three years to write something and now look at me... it's taken me much longer. Yikes! I have been told by a few people that they only think of Darcy when they hear that song... not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for piping in with a comment.

Diana -- You are lovely! Glad you can re-read my story and enjoy; and recommending others to read them to is just about the highest compliment. Thank you!

Maria -- Thanks for your thoughtful post. I am still working on my story when I get the time and really do want to get something out sooner rather than later.

Thanks again to you all! I'll be sure to let you all know when the chapters are just about ready!
Tracey

Hi Tracey!

Just checking in to find out how this story is coming along. We haven't heard anything from you in a while and I was hoping things are OK in your real life. As always, I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of this great story. Hope to hear some news soon! Best, Julie

I am happy to hear that you are trying to write again!
Your fans are just concerned to know all is well with you and a bit anxious to read more of the great story that is hidden away in you mind! I know more is coming when your good and ready...

BRAVO!!! I really liked this story can't wait to see if you write more of it! Good Luck!

Dear Tracey

Now that I know the reason why it takes so long for you sometimes to post, I do understand you much better. I am so glad my kids are already going to the doctors by themselves

I love this story and look forward to reading it further. Be inspired!!!

Maria

When are you posting more?!

I know this sounds demanding or like a whine... but I am so anxious to find out what happens next. Are you working on it this summer or just been busy with real life? Just wanted you to know this story has not been forgotten out here and are eager for more!!

Hi Tracey!

I'm with Christina! Please say you'll be posting the rest of this wonderful story soon! It's been so long and we've been patiently waiting since December. If it's RL issues, of course we understand and we'll wait, but we'd love to know more about what happens with D&L. Please say when you'll post more chapters! Thanks! :)

*sigh* I don't have good news. :( I haven't written very much lately. I'm afraid this past year really has been hellish... the latest? This summer, I sprained my ankle and then last week my husband broke his scapula.

All this to say, I have a lot of excuses for not writing lately, but the truth is, I just haven't had the urge. Is it almost done? Yes. Do I know when I'll post? No clue.

I wish, wish, wish, I could give you more. I know I'm not giving you much and I don't expect everyone will stick around patiently, but I do appreciate that you are all still interested. There's a mixture of absolute delight and dread when people post a comment in this thread -- delight in that I have someone still wanting to read the last two chapters, and dread about the fact I've got nothing good to tell them.

Will try write soon...

Please, please do try hard, Tracey. I look in at least 2x/week to see if new posts are already there... ... I am so hopeful and would love so much to read the end of this wonderfully written story.
Dear Tracey: fans are waiting for you!!

1 2 3 4 5 6