Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Ellen, Darcy had better get a move on or Lizzy might be forced into an engagement with Clown Collins. I hope that Georgiana sees the light of day, and realizes that she has put herself into a very crappy situation. I really like this story. Please post more soon. Thank you

Oh, the cliffhanger! But loved this chapter as all the others, and I can hardly wait for the next one!

Have a happy time in France!!!

What should he do about it, well I think that rather obvious, pick her up and carry her away on a white charger to his beautiful estate in the noth where with solitude and patientce he can teach her to love him!....please Come on Darcy, be a devil!

Great thanks.

What a great chapter (5)! I love the twists and turns and the new life to this wonderful classic. Thank you for sharing your great writing, please post soon!

Lorena

Enjoying this story very much Ellen. Poor Darcy, he really needs to figure it out one of these times...

'sigh'....*Rita slumps at the computer as she realizes there is no new chapter of 'His Brother's Keeper' posted yet*....

France clearly has a greater allure for Ellen! Hope you're having a lovely time, Ellen, but I, for one, am eager to read more of your marvelicious story.

Ah, never fear, dear Rita. I'm back and writing again. If it weren't for little things like husband, house and kids, I would be done with the next chapter by now. But I promise: a new chapter within the next couple of days...sooner if I get the time. Many thanks for keeping me on my toes.

WELCOME BACK, dear Ellen! Can't wait to post your new one.

Hope you had a great 'séjour' in France!

I also hoped you had a great time - though weather was rather rainy these days...:-)

Waiting for the new chapter - hopefully it would be a rewarding one (for our patience, of course)...:-)

Chapter 6 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Ha, ha, I cannot wait to hear the lady's other ideas. She will not make it easy I fear, however what lady could sensibly refuse Darcy's determined courting whent the alternative is Mr Collins!

Espeically as this Mr Darcy is so warmly determined to court. What a delightful position Elizabeth may find herself in......and probably without noticing silly girl

Bring on the fireworks, I eagerly await more. Thank you Ellen.

LOL - I could only imagine the lady givng him a piece of her mind...:-)

The 'daydreaming' was nice though - when do you plan to make it real, Ellen ?

Lovely chapter - les vacances agreed with you, Ellen !

Oh boy! Darcy may be in for a bit of a shock, unless of course he is sufficiently charming and manages to truly enchant Elizabeth.

Mr. Collin's confidence in his ability to win Elizabeth when he realizes Darcy has designs on her is laughable. I'm hoping Darcy knocks Lizzy off her feet. Stupify the girl, Darcy!

As for Darcy's daydreams, what a treat to see that simmering passion underneath all that reserve.

Thanks so much for this much needed fix, Ellen.

And thank you, Renee, for posting it so quickly. You are a stellar webmistress!

You are a stellar webmistress!

Because I love y'all so very much, Rita!

Ellen, your writing is great! Mr. Darcy is oh so proud! and Elizabeth's thinking that he could sprout wings is soooooo funny. Boy this will soon turn into a rollercoaster and i can't wait. Thanks

Well, that was an unexpected turn! Darcy just turned up out of the blue to seek Lizzy's permission for the first two dances

So glad that he is finally making his move to pursue her. But tsk tsk, only that his purpose is not purely for love, he just hasn't realise it yet. I guess he need to swallow a bitter pill first right?

Now with his vision of a sure-win courtship, whatever Lizzy's other idea maybe will be a welcome sight to whip up more storm in his heart

Just wanted to say thanks for the story. I'm enjoying it!

Thanks! Stay tuned; Chapter 7 will be up soon.

Ellen,

I have to tell you how much I love this story and your writing skill. I hope Darcy reveals his plan in your next chapter and I hope you post sooner rather than later. Thank you for keeping us all entertained.

Thanks, Mo! Renee has Chapter 7 in her hot little hands, and Chapter 8 is already written (no pressure, Renee, dear!!!)

I rather think you'll like what transpires in Chapter 7 -- the angst won't start until just after!

He, he! Why can I not erase from my mind this image of a winged Darcy flying in the drawing room of Longbourn - trying hard not to bump against the walls - while at the same time preventing Mr. Collins from getting close to Lizzy?

Really, that part was so funny, thank you for making me laugh!

Also loved the fact that Darcy finally decided to court Lizzy, but I suppose she won't make things very easy for him, right? Poor boy! At least I hope he doesn't lose easily his faith in winning her love, eventually.

Poor Lizzy too, having to dance with Mr. Collins after the dance with Mr. Darcy!!! Any chance that the former will sprain his ankle before the ball?

Thank you for another lovely chapter, Ellen and Renée. I'm glad that the next two ones are already written, and I eagerly (but patiently!!) await for them.

I rather think you'll like what transpires in Chapter 7

So do I!

Will post asap, my dears.

asap = NOW! Chapter 7 is up. Enjoy!

Dear Renee, how right you were !
It was a wonderful surprise !

Ellen - this was whoo- a hot- !
the first kiss, indeed !
A delightful ball you pictured here and now- which would be the two birds of Darcy ?
Everything is going well - too well ! Is there some angst that you keep in store for us ? (or maybe my mind is "juste un peu tordue" ?)
Can't wait for their next meeting (would Elizabeth be too embarassed, would she think that he had only been trifling with her ?), for Collins proposal, for...
quoi, for the next chapters!
Thanks !

Ellen, you are so very right! Totally love what's unfolded in this chapter! Ooh..their kiss..so sweet...so hot... .... Thank goodness Lizzy was abit tipsy otherwise the kiss might not even have occurred .

Now am wishing and hoping someone has spotted them and there'll be a forced marriage

But as you said, angst coming up....i suppose Darcy's interference of Bingley & Jane's relationship is going to be a problem. Or whatever plans he's coming up with. Gosh, this Darcy is really scheming, so full of plans, I LIKE

Oh Ellen, what a great story! So much chemistry between them, and i know Mr. Darcy's ego will soon receive a blow. The story has so much humor too. Thank You.

What a swoon worthy chapter, Mrs B should make Lizzy drink more often!!! It may make her the least responsible mother in fanfiction but hey, Lizzy got a hell of a kiss out of it, and Darcy, well that should give him the incentive to try harder if nothing else will. I like it, I like it a lot, bring on the plan and a lot more swooning!

Wow, Ellen! You're Darcy is HOT! He definitely seems to have swept Lizzy off her feet, but it is both amusing and alarming to me how he has mentally separated Bingley's attraction to Jane from his own attraction to Elizabeth. Is he not a man of even more consequence than Bingley? What does he think Mrs. Bennet's thoughts are now that he's shown a public interest in her daughter? He would spare Bingley a fate that he himself is rushing eagerly toward!

This story just keeps getting better and better!

Ellen, Oh the way Darcy's eyes locked with Lizzy's as he slowly walked across the floor to claim her hand for the first dance and a kiss. I am so glad no one was in my office for I was truely flussed scarlet and my breath laboring. And them when they go outside for some air and that KISS that deep sensual KISS Thank goodness my boss is out. Greet chapter I wish it were a little longer they just bearly got started and it was over. Please write again soon with longer chapters? Thank you Ellen and Renee

WOW! I really was suprised at the Darcy in this story!!! I dropped my jaw and had to re-read the lines over! Then this stupid grin is stuck on my face just like your Darcy's
I just got back from being out of town when to my suprise there is another chapter with so much in so little a chapter! Looking forward to more Your twist on your story are exciting and fresh. Mr. Collins sound every bit as clumsy as ever! Ha Ha Ha I like your way of making his valet sound as much a part of the story to give another view of Mr. Darcy privately! Hurry and keep writing I love your story

Read the chapter and loved it. Will be happy to read more, soon!

Thanks!

Well, dear readers, I HAD been planning to send Renee Chapter 8 as soon as may be, but then I thought, "Our readers seem to prefer longer chapters."

So I will now be combining Chapters 8 and 9 for one big, long angst-fest. Let the troubles begin! MWAHH-HA-HA-HA! [evil grin]

That was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

Thank you for this little bit of mush before the angst!!! I'm much better prepared for it now: bring it on, then (as long as our dear Lizzy and Darcy end up together and happy, and he gives her a proper initiation into the rites of love, of course ) !!!

Oh, what a difference a lack of Wickham in Hertfordshire at this point makes to the story (poor Georgiana, tough...)

As always, I look forward to the next installments.

Oh Ellen, I told you I'd get around to reading this eventually - and I am in love!!!! Now, that I'm hard at work (in my new job), toiling away during the day, I needed to treat myself and catch up on this story - your story - and I have savored every single word of it!

First of all, I must say that I've fallen for this Darcy! *swoon* Picturing him so handsome at the ball, and the way his voice gets deep when he's thinking...um... daydreaming of Elizabeth - oh I love it! I loved the scene outside her bedroom door at Netherfield when she opens the door and finds him there! I also loved his daydream while she's playing the piano and his awakening and looking around in embarrasment. And standing behind the chair when she arrives in the morning - rotfl! I was having a ball reading and giggling and loving every single solitary word! You've got quite a knack for humor, in a subtle way that fits perfectly with the Regency setting.

Now about that kiss! Oh my gosh, gee! Do I ever wish I was Elizabeth at that moment. You really surprised me - I didn't think he'd do it!! Yikes, as soon as you had her gulp all that wine in one instance - I knew the fun would begin! But, what will happen next? I fear they're all going to depart Netherfield in the morning for some reason and Elizabeth will feel humiliated that she let Darcy kiss her and the fact that she responded to passionately will only further her embarrasment. Oh dear, I hope I'm wrong, how clever to get her drunk! ;) Umm, nice visuals in that scene, I must say...

Another thing that's interesting here is there is no Wickham in Hertfordshire to further her prejudice against Darcy in this story. No lies about Darcy, so she'll be more willing to fall for him now, thus, more hurting on her part as well.

I do love this story so far, (can't you tell?) Ellen, keep up the great work, I will be following closely from now on and waiting for each new chapter! :D Thanks!

Julie

Oh, Julie, I am blushing with embarrassment. Thank you for making my day (actually, it's night here where I am).

By the way, though Wickham is not around to spread lies, there are others who have their own agendas. Just sayin'.

though Wickham is not around to spread lies, there are others who have their own agendas

Hmm, now you've got me wondering - who? Probably that creepy Mr. Collins - revenge for stepping on his foot? LOL! Can't wait to find out!

Julie

P.S. Love your reference to the bad teeth in Collins - considering how rampant it was back in those days, I hardly ever see it in fanfiction!

Love your reference to the bad teeth in Collins - considering how rampant it was back in those days, I hardly ever see it in fanfiction!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, Jules, focussed as I am on teeth in a general sense. he he

The thing that bothered me most in the 2005 movie were Donald Sutherland sparkling white teeth... impossible in those days, although people cleaned them. Collins is not old of course, although for those days not very young either... but he's probably not very hygienic as a single man and certainly the man not to bother about his teeth...

Only Jamie could have them in the 18th century thanks to Claire's 20th century knowledge of maintenance and vitamin C...

Can't wait for the next chapter either, Ellen!

Ellen, When you said the angst was starting after chapter 7, you were not kidding. I hope you have something terrible planned for Caroline and Collins in a future chapter, like a bad case of scabies or being bitten by a rabid dog. Ugh, such terrible people. Please post as soon as you can. Thank you.

Waaaait a minute, Mo. How do you know what happens in Chapter 8? It's not posted here yet! (Unless perhaps you have friends in high places?)

Chapter 8 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Squeek What have you done Ellen, there was I happily sitting down to read another chapter, hopefully with a few more tipsy kisses and what happens, Ill tell you what a hole appears in the floor beneath my feet and I fall head first into oblivian.

That Miss Bingley what is she playing at, and Darcy the fool how could he seperate Bingley and Jane now, then there is Collins meddlesome and irriating as ever. This is not going to be an easy ride is it?!

When will these people learn, loving your story, thanks for posting, but from now on, im believe im gonna have to read it from behind the sofa, oh I hate angst, but I just cant help reading it!

Thank you

Oh Ellen! This story keeps getting better and better. I hope Elizabeth shoves that letter down Mr. Darcy's throat ,truly, Caroline deserves to go down with the ship! And i hope both Mr. Bennet and Elizabeth teach him a lesson, though replite with good manners! Please post soon!

Evil evil Caroline and Collins! But since there's no Wickham, someone has to come in and stir up a bit of trouble right

I believe at this stage, Darcy deserves to be put down and learn a thing or two. It's going to be fun reading the proposal scene! But its surely not going to be at Rosings. But what's going to happen at Rosings when Lizzy visit the Collins? Or will she go there at all? Oh dear oh dear, my mind is already jumping so far beyond your story. You have to keep writing Ellen, and fast

Poor Lizzy!!! So much to bear in one morning. PLease please don't delay too long on the next chapter! You've left us in a whole lot of suspense. I am so upset with Caroline

Oh what a masterful chapter, you handled all the details easily! I wondered how you'd prejudice Elizabeth against Darcy - uggh! I hate Caroline! I thought for sure you were going to say that Darcy was engaged to Anne via Mr. Collins.

Can't wait for more, poor Jane and Elizabeth (though Elizabeth will be angry too - Jane will just be sad :()

Great job!

Julie

Oh lord!!!! Ellen, your Caroline is obscenely cruel and crude. I can't even imagine how Darcy can be redeemed in Elizabeth's eyes since what Caroline said was in essence the truth but certainly not in the spirit of Darcy's delivery. He shall not even be able to defend himself.

I do hope that Darcy flays Caroline mercilessly when he finds out (hopefully soon) what she has done. She deserves the cut direct and to never be invited to his home again. I'm frightened to read the next chapter.

*Rita crawls under the couch with the dust bunnies and waits for the poop to hit the fan.*

Wow Wee! I loved this chapter. But I agree, Caroline may be "cruel and crude" however she did not really lie, did she?

Yes, when another chapter comes out, I will also be extremely nervous opening it.

Thanks for bringing out all of these emotions in me. I feel so ALIVE!!!

Oh that Caroline! Oh my goodness, how I wish she would truly get what she deserves! I was wondering what would slow this relationship down with no Wickham to poison Lizzy's mind, but I should have known that old Caroline would get involved! I just hope that Darcy can overcome this and get on to procreating with Lizzy! LOL Great story and can't wait for more!

Oh, Ellen, this chapter was really full of angst, but so masterfully done!

I like the way you chose to prejudice Lizzy against Darcy. What better way than using these two nasty characters? I also thought you were going to make Collins tell Lizzy about Darcy's assummed engagement to Anne, but there was no need of it. And Caroline was cruel and offensive as always, but at least she didn't pretend to be friends with Jane (ah, but she couldn't use Georgiana this time, ha!!)

Anyway, I hate Caroline and I hope Lizzy will show Darcy the letter or talk to him about it, especially because, with all her self-procclaimed good breeding and "city delicacy", she confessed that she is an anshamed eavesdropper!

I look forward the next chapter, and I'm really really curious to know how you will manage the proposal!

Please, post soon!!!

Oh My what a revelation. Darcy is such an a_ _. I don't like this guy, he's going to have a lot of sucking up for this blunder. And Collins what is up with his attitude? Ellen you have my attention, I really love this story and so many angust I can't wait to read more.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8