Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: "His Brother's Keeper" by Ellen G

Thank you for another post of this brilliant story!!

Loved the passionate scenes between L&D ! But of course wicked Wickham had to choose exactly that moment to appear and bring mayhem!! aaargh!!!

Well, at least Darcy said the magical words, but Lizzy seems not to have heard them very well, ****!! Please, just don't have her continuing doubting his love for long, pleeease??

No idea what brought Georgiana and wicky boy to town, but I suppose it's nothing good. At least I hope it's nothing that bad either. You wouldn't be so cruel, right??

Btw, why was he smirking, is it possible that he saw something he shouldn't have seen?

Post again soon, please!! I love this story!!

I don't actually have a particular preference for PDF formatted documents, just for the continuity from one page to the next. I may, indeed, copy and paste them chapter by chapter into a single document. I just wouldn't do it if it was likely that it would be put into a PDF.

Occasionally I like to print them out for reading away from home as I don't own a lap top but the printing process may actually be easier on a single (copy and pasted)document because the page numbers on PDFs don't work well when I'm trying to print collated copies on both sides of a sheet of paper. Anyhoo, I just asked for curiosity's sake. These stories are so good that I want to take them with me where ever I go!

How much drama can an author fit into a chapter!

Great too see Darcy and Elizabeth getting closer but then along comes a Wickham to make everyone miserable.

I do hope little G is ok. poor girl is too sweet to suffer.

Thanks.

Argh! Wickham!

This is a wonderful story, Ellen! Keep writing. Also, Renee, I like reading the stories in the formats they're in now (easy to read), so no worries!

*gasp* Wickham - he's there? No! Oh, how could you spoil their romantic interlude with that insidious monster? Uggh!

Great chapter, glad they're learning to be with each other, at least now they know they can be compatible!

Thanks,

Julie L.

AAAACCKKKK!!!! Ellen! Your Wickham is exceptionally slimy!! EW! EW!

How awful for Darcy to have that man in his house and he has his lecherous sights set on Elizabeth! OMG I'm having an angst attack...'Hill! Hill! Get me my smelling salts!'

I hope you are merciful to those of us who are angst weenies amongst your fandom. If you torture us you must make it up with lots of nummy Darcy and Elizabeth lovin' OK?

Ellen! Your Wickham is exceptionally slimy!! EW! EW!

Indeed, Rita. And I've always thought mine was the wickest of them all in "GW's Sweet Revenge"! But he's a softy compared to this one!

What a scum you've brought in bearing the name of Wickham !
I do hope something awful happens to him - am I right to suppose he knows (or soon will know) about the will ? And he will try to be sure to harm Darcy ?!

I hope Mr Bennet would not be difficult - and that D&E would make a team against that walking scum !

And at last... wow - I so enjoyed her answer to the proposal...

Thank you, Ellen !

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Ellen

OMG, Ellen, *gulp* I forgot to tell you... I cannot stand up to too much angst...

Ellen, you frighten me !
Renée, when has she become such a 'méchante' writer ?
Her other story was so sweet....

Please at least reassure me: it is Wickham responsible of all villainies and angst, right ?
But you do marry Darcy and Elizabeth in 2 weeks time, don't you ?..

Lovely chapter, Ellen, thank you!!!

I'm not frightened of what Wickham will do, or try to do, later in the story, because after reading Darcy's sweet proposal, and Lizzy's even sweeter acceptance of his proposal, I'm still in ... and I refuse to come back to Earth just as soon!! And I'm so happy that Lizzy is willing to aid Darcy to produce his heir soon... oh, isn't she a lucky girl?

Thanks for relieving my anxieties of the previous chapter by letting Lizzy know that Darcy really loves her, and Darcy know that she loves him too. Really, it's one of the sweetest second proposals I've read so far!

As always, I look forward to the next chapter of this enthralling story... whatever it brings!

I love this story!

What a great chapter, but boy do I hate George, but I love the way Elizabeth would not give him an inch! Good for her! A true lady! But, I'm afraid of something Darcy said to Elizabeth. He brought up the notion that if something should happen to him and he die wtihout an heir, all would go to the Wickham's! I hadn't thought of that so much until I realized George may very well be planning Darcy's demise! I hope I'm wrong, but I find it an inevitable consequence! Yikes!

Thanks for another riveting chapter - at last they're engaged!

Julie

Yes they are engaged! I love Darcy's confession and the proposal, so honest and sweet

But with Wickham's presence, and his lecherous thoughts on Lizzy, I am crossing all my fingers and toes and hope he's not going to ruin Lizzy, or concoct evil means to get rid of Darcy! Is that why Darcy didn't hear from Stanton, was he discovered by Wickham and silenced off??

Please do tell that with the combination of our lovely couple's intelligence, they will be able to conquer Wickham
Otherwise i truly hope that he will be run down by a speedy carriage or struck by lightning!

eLLEN,
tHIS IS MY 1ST POST FOR YOUR WONDERFUL STORY.
i LOVE IT WHEN AUTHORS COME UP WITH INTERESTING PATHS FOR THE p&p STORY TO TAKE - THE "WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED .......
i LOVE THIS STORY.
wELL WRITTEN, WELL THOUGHT OUT, BELIEVABLE PLOTLINE......
wELL dONE!!!!!!

Great, great chapter. Im so pleased they are together and happy. But the evil in me cannot wait to see what Wickham will do to throw a spanner in their happy works.

Ellen,
What a wonderful chapter! Your Wickham really gives me the creeps! But I know Darcy will not allow anything to happen to his love, Elizabeth! I would love to see Darcy defend his Elizabeth with a knock down with Wickham! He would be getting a punch or two in there for Georgianna as well!

I was so excited to see Lizzy so open about "working" to produce the next Darcy heir!

I was wondering Ellen, how many chapters is this story? Or at least how long will we have to wait to see what Wickham's sceme is? Great job and I can't wait to see what happens next! Thank you for posting regularly and often!

Brandy

Brandy, you asked a really good question about the length of my story. I will tell you a little secret: I have no idea how long this story is going to be. It truly is a "Work in Progress." I will promise to post regularly and finish it. But that's all I can say...except that the next chapter will be VERY exciting, in more ways than one.

Thanks for such a wonderful story, Ellen! I can't wait to read whatever else you have in store for us!

chapter 13 is up. Enjoy!

WOW! This story just keeps getting better and better. I am almost disappointed that came upon the new chapter so quickly after it was posted. Now my wait for the next chapter will seem even longer. Thank you, Ellen. Great work!! Cindy

GOOD! GOOD! GOOD!
Great ! I hesitate - what would I like more ? That scum to wake up only to see that Georgiana witnessed his 'propositions' and realisation of his SoB-iness hit (her and him LOL) ? Or that he wouldn't wake at all ?

I suppose the second would be far to easy a fate for him !
No, decidely, wake him up, but do have some hard punishment for him ! And get rid Georgiana of him.

Looking forward impatiently for the next chapter !

I am almost disappointed that came upon the new chapter so quickly after it was posted.

You seem to enjoy a bit of agony, Cindy. Okay, with Ellen's consent I won't post for at least a month, so as to enhance your enjoyment...

Oh my what a way to end the chapter! Ellen G, I am seeing red because of Wickham!

I am hoping you will post the next one soon Renee!

Oooh. Can't wait to see who knocked Wickham out! He really deserved it though. Although I think Elizabeth should have been on her guard about the note greeting her as Miss Elizabeth. Georgiana had called her Miss Bennet previously. Only Wickham had dared to address her as Miss Elizabeth. Please post more soon!

(p.s. is there something missing from the beginning of paragraph 7?)

How you left me at my tether's end, Ellen! I am so dying to know what is going to happen next. Please post a chapter soon!

Oh by the way, I love Lizzy's little seductive acts

Ellen, you tease, what a cliff hanger! You mean I have to wait a whole week to see who hit Wickham! Oh my goodness, this Wickham is horrible and I know you have a just punishment in line for him! Great job and I will try not to bite my nails waiting for the next chapter, PLEASE post it real soon!

Renee, *GASP*--do not say such words as "month" and "next chapter" in the same sentence! Truly you wouldn't punish us that way. I mean I know we are pushy and greedy little characters but hey we just love these stories on your site soooo much! Ok so here is some love to maybe persuade you to post the next chapter ASAP!!!

Until the next chapter, thanks again Ellen!
Brandy

"something missing from the beginning of paragraph 7?"

Laura, you are absolutely correct. When Darcy mentions the estate, Wickham says,

“Certainly. The estate. Well, but I am in need of something a bit more immediate.” Wickham began to pace nervously. “Could you not. . .”

Renee, dearest, when you have the time, could you make this teeny correction? Thank you.

Done! The text was there, but there was a > missing behind the paragraph separation tag. You cannot overlook the tniest little bit in html or an entire paragraph/sentence will just disappear.

R~

That beast! The STUPID beast! Oh, I hope it was Lizzy cracking his skull with a bronze statue that was conveniently located on the mantel. Let's hope she repeats the action frequently and with great enthusiasm.

Ellen, how could you stop there? I'm devastated. I need some coffee and some other treat to sooth my savaged sensibilities as I don't have the luxury of braining Wickham myself.

Nasty, nasty man!!! And poor Georgiana, if she was the witness!! But she had to know what kind of scoundrel she married, I suppose. I hope she can find hapiness with a nice loving guy after she gets rid of Wickham.

Thanks for the chapter, Ellen, and for hitting Wickham, he deserved that (and much more)!!!

UUUGHHHH!!! Wickham certainly boils my blood. I'm glad he was knocked out.. Who did it? Was it Darcy or could it have been Georgianna?

Please hurry with the next chapter!!! It's getting unbearable to have to wait!

My my, what an exciting chapter. I hope it was Georgie returned to dispatch her husband into the next world. Surely between her, Darcy and Elizabeth they can concoct some kind of excuse!

Ellen, I just knew that that creep would try something like that. He really likes himself doesn't he? I'm so glad someone took him out before things got to far. Can't wait to see who did it. Exciting chapter.

Ellen,
WOW what a great chapter.
eeewwwwww George Wickham is evil

I wonder who did this to him hee hee hee

I do hope that shreik was from Georgiana as she watched her brother soundly hit Wickham over the head, knocking him senseless - but in time to see that his attentions to Elizabeth were thoroughly unwanted!

Great, and that scene on the settee - swoon!

Julie

Chapter 14 is up, dear fans. Enjoy!

R~

Well, Ellen, you get a gold star for surprises! Never in my wildest imagination did I think of Lady Catherine as the administrator of the Wickham Whomping Blow! Ironic, too, that her actions succeeded in preventing a scandal that might have worked in her favor.

As for Elizabeth offering herself to Darcy, that girl is in love! She risks so much for him....and I'm a firm believer in following one's intuition. If she has a bad feeling about Wickham and Darcy traveling together, it is important to listen to her inner voice.

You're becoming a bit of a Cliff Hanger Queen young lady!

Isn't she, Rita!? I would never have thought about Lady C either, but what a hoot! ...even though she's not very nice further on, but that's what could be expected of course.

I agree with you, Lizzy has this intuition about something dreadful to happen. No wonder, given the fact that her beau has to travel with a rogue without any scrupules such as Wickham. I think she makes the ultimate sacrifice (in the light of Regency mores), and Ellen's Lizzy has even become dearer to me than she already was. This is true Love with a capital L.

Can't wait for the next, dear Ellen.

R~

Ooo err missis, looks like Lizzy and Darcy are about to be naughty, and I can not think of a better excuse!

Did see Lady C coming....but then nor did Wickham

I do hope that Wickham dosnt chuck a spanner in the works, what would Lizzy do without Darcy.

It is romantic and I gues I can see that Lizzy is making a sacrifice for Darcy, but really, how much of a sarifice is it? She shall not be suffering I am sure. Most convient of Wickham to put them in such a position I must say . In this case I belive he is more freind than foe.....so long as he dosent pull a nasty.

I was surprised with Lady Catherine myself. I thought Elizabeth had grabbed something and hit him. You're right about Elizabeth not making a sacrifice and she is very wise in thinking that something could happen to Darcy. I hope not! But maybe something will happen to Wickham. Thanks, Ellen, for another great chapter. Waiting for the next as always. Cindy

and I gues I can see that Lizzy is making a sacrifice for Darcy, but really, how much of a sarifice is it?

If she appears to be pregnant, and if Darcy wouldn't come back (God forbid!), she'd make a huge sacrifice. According to the mores of the days, she probably won't be allowed access to Pemberley and will probably never see the heir of Pemberley shortly after having given birth to him/her...

So, let's hope, and I'm confident, he will return safe and sound!

Lady Catherine! What a surprise! I was expecting either Darcy, Georgina or Vickers to come to Lizzy's rescue but it's neither them! Great plot here !

Am dreading Darcy's trip with Wickham, and hoping that he will come back intact and in time for the wedding (please say you will not give us more angst Ellen!). Love Lizzy's very thoughtful proposal and "sacrifice" here, look forward to their coupling

I must confess to asuming that Ellen would not be so crule as to kill off Darcy. My comment therefore refered to the sacrifice of getting with child, which I am sure will be no hardship. Assuming the wedding goes to plan and no busy bodies find out.

In that case, dear Lisa, I agree, no sacrifice at all!

And I'm sure Ellen won't be so cruel as to deny our beloved a couple a happy end!

Ok Ellen, let's just admit it, Lizzy is mighty randy! And she propositions Darcy, like he really would say no! I know she has this gut instinct, and hey I can't say I blame her one bit, but I just hope you won't allow Wickham to harm Darcy! I can see him delaying Darcy from his wedding, but please do not harm him!

I see fireworks ahead with the coming together of Darcy and Lizzy so I will have my ready! Oh Ellen, just another great chapter, I can't wait for the next one! Please post ASAP!!!!
Brandy

How can Darcy refuse such an offer?! Why does he have to travel with Wickham (which can only lead to more angst )? There are many other ways out of this dilemma... they could marry immediately, Col. Fitzwilliam could go with Wickham, Darcy could hire some burly men to do the guarding. What will Ellen choose? The suspense is insupportable!

Darcy is too confident, I'm sure Wickham has something up his sleeve and will try and kill Darcy as soon as he can. What is he thinking? I vote they marry in secret by special license first - these two have not thought this through and it does not bode well, not well at all... I felt George was planning on killing him before, and now the timing will be perfect on some lonely road, George will hire some brigands to come and "rob" them and kill Darcy - Lizzy, don't let him go!

Julie

Oh gosh!

What a chapter! I can't wait for the next one, Ellen! Thanks so much.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8