Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Ayden's The Great Game

My dears, those who don't know it are so going to love Ayden's "The Great Game". For those do know it, why not read it again? It's such a treat.

This Regency retelling of Pride and is a romantic historical adventure spiced with a dash of mystery. Set in India and England in the 1830's, it attempts to explore the pretense and essence of the times. Follow our beloved couple on their journey to ever lasting love and happiness...

R~

Re: Ayden's The Great Game

Ayden,
I have read your story twice and I LOVE IT. I was actually looking at it again today trying to decide whether to read it again or not. I guess I will now. This Darcy is soooo mysterious. I can't wait to read it again, here, and read everyone's comments. Great writing!!! Cindy

Ayden,

I am so pleased to see you're still around. I hope you post "all" of your stories here. I love your writing style and your story lines.

Merry Christmas
Mo

I have read this story too many times to count and I am looking forward to doing it again. I envy anyone who will be reading this for the first time. They are in for a real treat!

So excited to see this story appearing here, it's one of the all-time greats.

I have never read this before! It's very intriguing and can't wait to read more :)

It's a lovely romantic story, Gio. I've got all the chapters. I only have to prepare them for the site.

I promise that I'll post more before Christmas.

As I am following too many WIPs I was going to pass this up -- but after reading the all the intriguing comments about this story and seeing that it will be posted regularly -- okay, I'll buy it. The Prologue was short yet tantalizing. Someone mentioned a mysterious Darcy... can't wait!

Chapter 1 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I'm so excited! I've never read the story before and the beginning was promising indeed. Such beautiful, evocative writing! And to think it's a finished work -- I won't have to wait forever for the next installment. EXCELLENT!

I won't have to wait forever for the next installment.

Definitely not, m'dear. And i promise you, it's getting better and better.

I'm so glad to be reading a new story! :) Can't wait for the next update!

Looks like I'm hooked! Excellent writing -- great intrigue all ready!

I read this and it was amazing! I am still awake nights thinking of the auspicious beginning of the story where Lizzy was set to marry a very randy Col Fitzmwilliam. PLease tell me you will continue it here. I am begging! Or E mail it to me! Please!

drsuebee

I love the captain. Very smart & likable character. I look forward to having the men meet the "empty-headed" ladies.

PLease tell me you will continue it here.

Of course we will continue it here. As announced on Ayden's page, with regular intervals.

Yeah - Ayden is reposting TGG! One of my all time favorite FF. Ihave read it many, many times and love it even more.

Ayden it so good to see you back around, we have missed you.

Hugs, Connie

I am thrilled! This is one of my all time favorites. Does this mean we might be lucky in the future and have a glimpse of the stories that Ayden pulled off-line for re-writing? Like the Windmills of their minds? I never had the luck to read it.

Chapter 2 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Good grief! Am I too demanding to beg for this to be posted faster... This is really tantalizing and elegantly worded. I am intrigued how Charlotte is a cousin and they have a travelling companion, Marie. Love Darcy's manservant all ready!

Their initial opinions of each other--she is not exceptional, she is not attracted to him , etc are very interesting. The captain is a smooth talker--much more diplomatic than his employer. Good chapter, Ayden!

I just started this tonight. Wow you've hooked me. Our little spitfire Lizzy, tell your master I've lost my appeitate. :)
I can wait for more.
Geri

No need to wait, Geri Chapter 3 is up. Enjoy!

Ayden,
I haven't been posting, but I have been reading. This is the type of story that each time you read it, you discover something new or you understand something better. I am loving reading the posts of those who are reading it for the first time. Thanks for putting your story here. Cindy

And now the Bingley sisters... I am all anticipation for your next posting!

So do the Bingley sisters know Darcy or know of him? And frankly I don't care about the Bingleys. I want to know what he thought or said about Lizzy sending his servant back with what he sent? I want to know want the rest of her letter to Jane said. However I think the little you told us of the letter said a lot.

I see others are referring to have already read this story. I can't believe I never ran across it before now. I can't wait for more. Geri

Chapter 4 is up, ladies and gents. Enjoy!

All I can say is, "Oooohhhhh. Sighhhhhhhhh."

Joining the chorus, Ellen. After every chapter a sigh with contentment. Beautifully written, evocative... Sheer delight.

I picked up on this story for the first time a few weeks ago and I love it, love it, love it!!
This Darcy is so sensual and sexy and powerful and a man of the world!!
I am intrigued by him! He is obviously experienced with women - was he in love with the 'beauty' in India? Will shw figure in the story again??
Cant' wait to find out.
Please keep posting regularly.

Why shoud one settle for flannel when one can have silk... Indeed! Can't wait for more of this delicious story! How many chapters in all and could you maybe post two or more at a time? Sincerely, The Greedy One

great story looking forward to reading more when posted

"He yearned to be the lock of hair sweeping her soft skin" Is he just the most sensual Darcy ever? I think so!

My fellow fans,
For those of you reading this story for the first time, just wait! You cannot imagine how good, for lack of a more creative word right now, it gets. I do love this Darcy and Elizabeth. He is very sensuous and she is very accomplished. Have fun and try to remain calm. Cindy

Cindy, I will only be able to remain calm if Renee promises to start posting more than one chapter at a time. Cruel woman! The story is finished, but see how she teases us!!

but see how she teases us!!

Mwahahaahaahaaaaaa...

Darcy, a cavalryman and a Earl! Very intriguing indeed. And an accomplished Lizzy, lets see how she's going to dazzle Darcy :) Love your beautiful writing, Ayden!

Chapter 5 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I wasn't expecting Bingley to be a cavalryman too! Can't wait to find out abt the betrayal by Wickham. Loved the morning ride and conversation betw Darcy and Lizzy....this Lizzy is just as interesting a character...thanks Renee for keeping the chapters rolling!

What a treasure! I LOVE your Darcy, so carnal, untamed following the hero's code. And Lizzy, wow! Riding bareback through early morning London! No wonder Darcy was enthralled. Can't wait to read what happens next!

Thank you.

MAB

I hate to say it, but I told you so. Thanks Ayden and Renee. I do love this story. It is so sexy. Cindy

Yes, thank you, Renee, for taking pity on us and posting again so soon.

Always love Lizzy as an accomplished, daredevil horsewoman! And this Darcy-- smokin' hot! Can't wait as this story gets it's legs!!

Love your re-imagining of the P&P story, Ayden. What a wonderful chapter. Great set up in the billards room between Wickham and the good guys. Great E&D scene in the park. So, in keeping with the animal nicknames, would Lizzy be "Bird" or "Horse?" Maybe Jane could be "Cow," not that I don't love Jane for her placid good temper!

gosh, this is an amazing story! I've always loved Kipling and been disappointed not to find Kipling fanfiction but this is even better, with Kiplingesque descriptions and depth of atmosphere combined with Austens wonderful cast - breathtaking! I love the way the India aspect allows another dimension into what can sometimes become repetitive English society life. And the way Darcy's character is affected by the Kipling male ideal, which I have always thought of as the epitome of cool.

Well, so much more I could say, but my degree would probably suffer, so I'll just say I'm all admiration and am really looking forwards to further chapters!

Ayden,
I am more intrigued by this wonderful story than by anything else I'm currently reading, on the computer and off. Brava! SO, could you please intercede on our behalf and have Renee stop holding your chapters hostage? Pleeeeeeease?

Darling, this must be telepathy... I'm preparing chapter six as I write this message. And chapter six has two parts, so double enjoyment. I hope to post in a couple of hours. Don't depair...

Rush over to Ayden's pages, my dears. Chapter six is up!

Thank you, dearest Renee!!!

That was absolutely delicious! Now, if I could only find my fan....

Love this quirky Collins. Love the possibity of a Charlotte and Richard pairing. Love that Charles seems more roguish than the usual playful puppy. And of course, the Darcy and Elizabeth scene by the balistrade sent my pulse racing. LOVE THIS! Post more, please!!

Loved chapter 6! The earl just keeps getting more & more seductive towards Elizabeth and yet he is aloof. He is one of the best Darcys ever!

1 2 3 4