Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Thank you dear Mrs Darcy, for the lovely farewell. Indeed I am proud to tell you that the next story is being written. The first three chapters are already finished. It is called "Season of Hunting". It is a Regency story, which is the genre I feel most comfortable with. I guess it will be ready for launch by September.

As regards Love Call Twice: I am exceedingly happy you have enjoyed the epilogue.
I must now, thank all the people who have help me in this first attempt.

First of all Belen P : She persuaded me to post it.

Then of course, Mr Darcy: She posted it.

Then again BelenP She read it, on and on, and on, and on, always having something to say about it, till she almost drove me mad!!!! But I must say she was always right. She has been a great friend.

Then, dear Ellen G who agreed to proofread it and at the same time showed me an insufferable amount of American English as well as reminded me of spelling and grammar rules.Hat off to you, dear Ellen. Your skills are unparalleled.

Roberta: you also helped me at the very first stages with great dedication.

Mary: You too have been great help. Thank you.
And the readership, who agreed to do the ride come what may.

And Mr Colin Firth, thank you sir. You have inspired every single word SmileyCentral.com

WOW!!! What a ride for the last 10 months. I really dont know what else to add other than it has been a joy. THANKS ELI!!!

WOW Eli, you threw me off there for a while. The whole time I thought I was going to read about Richard loving Elizabeth and even being caught by Darcy. Then, it turns out to be their children which was great. But, in the end, with the tear, we can see that Richard does still have feelings for Elizabeth. All I can say is, again, WOW. That was great and very creative. Can't wait for your next stories. Thanks!

Elena, this may be the end of "LCT" but, I know this is your "launch baby"! So it means the world to you and all that have helped you! I am speechless that I am included. I wish you all my best in every other story that comes out of your creative mind!
I promise to read any stories to come!

THANK YOU ELI!!!

To the very end you are the master (mistress) of poignancy! How very moving and sweet and absolutely wonderful this has been! I'll probably wait a few weeks then re-read the entire story again...the flavor is a little different when I read completed stories versus WIP.

You are IMHO a gifted storyteller; please never stop.

Frances

Absolutely lovely. Thank you, Eli.

SmileyCentral.com Eli, You really had me going, Lizzy and Fitzwilliam SmileyCentral.com you clever woman. My heart was in a tizzy SmileyCentral.com fluttering so, my daughter thought I was suffering a terrible heart burn. Seriously, with tears in my eyes and my heart a flutter I read till"the end". SmileyCentral.com

I'll be right here waiting for more of your tantalizing stories.

That was a a wonderful story topped off by a fantastic epilogue. I was so sure it was the senior Elizabeth and Richard who were caught red-handed. This story was so good because it had just the right amount of sad, happy, passionate, angry, and loving parts. I am impressed by your writing, Eli, and look forward to the new story!

BRAVO!!!!! You did such a great job with it! WOW sad to see it go though. Richard still loves her no matter what has happened in the past. You are a great writer. Good Luck with future writing! :)

Quite a ride you have given us Eli, taking us thru angst, joy, tears, hope, frustration...all sorts of emotions! Thanks for the wonderful story that kept me on my toes for the last many months. All well ends well and I would like to think that Richard is still a happy man with Jane, but somewhere in his heart, there'll always be a special place for Lizzy . Love the ending of him shedding tear for that love

Elena
Oh I was in tears I almost stopped reading. I couldn't believe that Fitzwilliam and Lizzy were to gether.
I am glad I finished the story. Great story I truely enjyed reading it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Geri

Congratulations on finishing LCT, Eli. You are so incorrigible that you couldn't resist yanking our chains with Darcy's horrified discovery of 'Lizzy's adultery'. Well done, minx. But even better was the final revelation that for Richard, it was an emotional truth. (And why should we be surprised? Darcy, who 'had' both Jane and Lizzy--in a sense--opted for Lizzy too.)

Best wishes,
Margaret

Teasing, teasing woman! I almost threw up reading the first part of the epilogue and only my can't-look-away-at-scene-of-accident shock that lead me to the very end. Wicked sense of humour. Fitting epilogue. Only sorry that Darcy and Elizabeth didn't have more children.

Once the disciples asked Jesus why he spoke to them in riddles...he answered that only those who were really insterested in his words would stay with him and ask for an explanation...Well...I knew many of you would find it intolerable to see an adulterious Lizzy (so would I for that matter)I only hope those who did quit reading it, have made up their mind and got to the end!!!
It is moving, isn't it? Richard is happy with Jane, and he has a great relationship with the Darcys...it was only that moment...reading about his elder son getting married with his niece...love in a way does come twice in this manner, doesn't it? He has this fleeting moment in which he returns to his young days, and the passion of the youth.
I imagine Lizzy must have kept her good looks since she only has one daughter,SmileyCentral.com while Jane looks very much like her mother, only with a sweet temper, mind you.SmileyCentral.com

BRAVO!!!!!!!Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Eli,

YOU TEASE US & THEN REVEAL YOUR BEAUTIFUL ENDING-BEGINNING. YOU LEFT US WITH NOTHING WANTING. BRILLIANT!!! BRAVO!!!

STEVIEB

Oh Eli, you did it! What a beautiful ending and what a hopeless romantic you are (as am i)! Truly a great job (not to mention your regular posting)! Thank you dearest Eli.

Lorena

BRAVO!!!! (clap clap clap standing ovation)

Wow! Eli, like Elizabeth, you are a teasing woman! hahaha
To tell you the truth I stopped reading this last chapter, because I could not bear seeing Lizzy and Ricard together, then, I came straight to the coments to see what the other readers were saying about it, and, thanks God, I realized that you were talking about their children!!! What a relief!!!
You are very very creative and brilliant!!!
The end was so sweet, like everything in this history!

You are a gifted writer!!!
Congratulations!

PS: sorry for my English, (my first language is Portuguese)!

Thank you all, dear friends.
My Brazilian friend...or Portuguese... I am Argentinian, so you can guess I understand your dreads as regards your English. But it was just fine.Excelent, in fact...I understood your meaning.

And to all of you , my friends, I shall miss this thread a lot. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Completely happy with Elizabeth and Darcy's life including their daughter's fate. Thanks Eli.
annj

I thought you said everything would be find
well, I guess everything did cleared up and the ending was kinda cute, if it did not shock me for a bit at first.

I must say the ending is so serene and yes impassionated compared to the up and down angst you put me through, all my hair are white now.

I'm disappointed Darcy and Lizzy didn't have more children, another daughter perhap if you so keen on Pemberley without an heir to pay the price of Lizzy fidelity.

oh, I'm reading Nothing Between Us in HG, must say I like the story very much so far, I just realise it one of yours and discovered the other day.
Can you tell me why you are such a huge fan of Colonel Fiztwilliam? I do remember in the BBC product is the only one where he is good looking but not all that, you give him such flairs.

Have you seen Valmont? I brought it yesterday, I love Colin Firth in there, now I have to read Les Liason Dangerous. Anyway, I'm beginning to see how on earth did such work of Jane Austen turns into this adult fiction mania, and I'm glad it has. But I was wondering who do you see as Mr Darcy, Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Martin Henderson, Laurence Olivier, David Rintoul, Andrew Osborn, Peter Cushing, Alan Badel or Lewis Fiander. I don't know who the last four is, but just in case you do.

I off course think Lawrence Olivier in the most good looking one, but Colin Firth is real Mr Darcy to me. Perhap because he play Mark Darcy as well as Fiztwilliam Darcy, I don't know.

Look forward to read Affair Lesson in the future.

Eli,

A big congratulations on the end of this story I was almost suprised that you kept us in angst even in the last .

I have been reading LCT since it was a WIP of 4 Chapters . . . and I will dearly miss it, although I am pleased to see everyone is happy!

I am now eagerly awaiting chapters of your new stories!

Elena, that was a lovely ending.
Thank you.

I will miss it too. Terribly sooooo. Especially because you guys are such faithful readers...always commenting with optimism...nerver a harsh word...this really spurs a writer's imagination.

I like Colonel Fitzwilliam this much, because I have read several WIPs in which he fell in love with Elizabeth but he either finished killed or lonely. It LCT he finishes lonely but at least he had a good time, and I could make the readership love him, and by imprinting in you the image of Mr Purefoy, even make you lustSmileyCentral.com after him...and since you are such fans of Mr Darcy, that was quite an achievement, wasn't it?SmileyCentral.com

Ohhhhhhhhhh Eli..I really have to bow to you for finishing such a vibrant (?)..well I don't know how else to describe it...you have us hanging by the brink up till the end..and you have concluded in such a lovely way...wellllllll...with the exception Fitzwilliam still in tears...but THANK YOU Eli...as for your other story I am sure it will be as vibrant...so I shall wait for the Epiloque before starting (I am such a wimp especially when reading a story by the QUEEN of angst)........3 cheers for Eli....

Ima

Wonderful epilogue, Elena! And good job on the story.

Thank you Ima and Mel,
I am very proud of the story, and of the way it ended. I sincerelly hope you will find the other stories as entertaining.
Thanks again.
Eli

Dear Elena,

Please accept my humble thanks for your great story.
Thanks for finish LCT and thanks for the many hours of entertainment!

Thanks, Beta.
I always appreciate people's comments that make me see that they have passed a good time reading LCT.I will read it again myself one of these days!
Thanks again. Glad you like it!

ELENA I LOVEDDDDDDDDD YOUR STORY IT IS SUSPENCEFUL, EXCITING AND EVERYTHING A STORY NEEDS LUVEDDDD ITTTTT !!!!!

Thanks Stephanie! I am very proud of it!SmileyCentral.com

Loved this entire story!! The epi was very tricky and my stomach did a flip-flop at first-- absolutely dismayed about Lizzy as a dirty rotten cheater-- but how you played such a good joke on us, and forgetting to tell us (almost!) Ha! I think I'm going to have to make time and re-read it in its completion!! Can't wait for your next work!! I'll be here waiting.

Thanks Christina! Goodness! Are you the same Christina that started to read LCT today in the Gardens? If so I must say I am astonished!! Thanks for your warm words. I am soo proud of LCT. It is my little baby.SmileyCentral.com

Great read! I have one nagging question, which no one else here seems to have asked:

What happened with Jane and Bingley's other children (the ones they had together)? Did Bingley automatically get custody of them? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the common practise at the time if the charge of infidelity was made against the wife. But it appears in your story that Bingley instigated the divorce based on his own infidelity with the actress he took up with in London, in which case, would he have left the children to Jane? Just curious. It seemed like a large omission. I was wondering if the good colonel would have raised Bingley's kids at Rosings.

Good question! You will soon have the opportunity to read all about it.

Good question! You will soon have the opportunity to read all about it.

I shall look forward to it! While I have your attention, I have a three more questions for you.

First, this sentence confused me: "Richard has plenty of sons. He is not particularly fond of any of them." Did you perhaps mean to write that he is not "partial" to any of them (i.e., he does not have favorites among his children but rather loves them all equally)? Or did you mean to literally state that he doesn't like his sons all that much? This confusion also lead me to speculate as to whether the sons in question are really his or Bingley's (which again, takes me back to my earlier question about what happened to Bingley's kids).

Secondly, I was surprised that we never had a pay-off vis-a-vis Darcy's accidental indiscretion with Jane. I was expecting it to come into play later in the story -- perhaps as a means for Darcy to be more forgiving of Elizabeth's past with Fitzwilliam. I mean, it was kind of a big deal. How in the world would he be able to look at Jane quite the same after that?!

Thirdly, during Darcy's internal struggle coming to terms with Fitzwilliam's past relationship with Elizabeth, I was surprised that you didn't have Darcy remember that Elizabeth did in fact tell him almost immediately that she was previously engaged and was not at liberty to accept his proposal until she freed herself from this prior attachment. Darcy then specifically asked her not to tell him the name of the man she was betrothed to. I was expecting him to eventually put two and two together and realize that the misplaced letter he found in his coat pocket was actually written by Elizabeth for the expressed purpose of freeing herself from her prior attachment. I realize that the nature of the misunderstanding was Darcy's mistaken belief that Elizabeth was Fitzwilliam's married lover, but we never really got to see the pay-off where he puts all the pieces together and realizes the nature of his misunderstanding. Instead, it just seems as though he comes back, sees Elizabeth carrying his baby, and that's it. Case closed. I was waiting for the big smack-down confrontation scene where she sets him straight. After all, correcting misunderstandings and misjudgements is what "Pride & Prejudice" is all about! How can you deny us this scene?

By the way, did I mention how much I enjoyed the story?! I wouldn't have taken the time to comment if I didn't find it so interesting. Thanks again for an enjoyable read and I do look forward to more.

did I mention how much I enjoyed the story?!

Wow! You need not say how much! By the heated way in which you demand for more it shows that you really enjoyed it! All right! I promise I shall take care of all that that you exposed as missing information. It needs many adjustments I know. Ram, LCT was my first try as a writer. Not that I have become much of a professional, mind you! But I now take more time to think before i write. My priority while writing LCT was to post once a week, no matter what. And I did it,and sometimes twice a week. Long chapters always.I take great pride at that since the real inducement to write the story was that I was (Silly me, no?)angry because my favourite WIP had been suddenly interrupted. Nowadays I rarely read other people's WIPs. It bothers me so much when works are abandoned!!!Especially if they are good!
Thank you Ram. It is very rewarding finding readers so interested in one's work!

I know what you mean about the frustration of WIPs. I have also made a habit of avoiding unfinished work. However, your latest two Regency stories have proven too great a temptation. I’ve read “Nothing Between Us” and “An Affair in Three Lessons” and am now stewing in frustration waiting for the next installments for both. This is all your fault, of course!

From what I’ve gathered from this thread, English is not your native language. I’m very impressed with your work. I’m especially awed by your careful manipulation of language in the epilogue to intentionally confuse the reader about the identity of the “Elizabeth” and “Fitzwilliam” caught by Darcy in the grove. I liked how you subtly avoided telling us the name of Elizabeth and Darcy’s baby daughter, so as not to spoil the reveal by making it too obvious. And you were careful to mention that the Colonel Fitzwilliam’s parents practically took up residence at Rosings, thus leading the reader to assume that the “Lord Matlock” who witnesses “Fitzwilliam” sneak off to Pemberley is actually the old Earl and not our favorite Colonel. Very nicely done!

Now, don’t let my nit-picking prevent you from posting new chapters once (or dare I hope twice) a week for your WIPs!

Thank you Ram. You really know how to puff up my ego. Actually, I am Argentinian.I am for ever indebted to my friends who proofread the stories I write and carefuly erase most mistakes I continually make, since I am dyslexic to boot.
Indeed, I took all that care and I am sooo glad you noticed! It is not everyday that a reader takes so much time to tell the author exactly what he/she enjoyed (or even what he / she disliked) I did take all that care so I am very proud that you have mentioned it.SmileyCentral.com

I am Argentinian.

Ah, the land that gave us the great Borges! Literature must be in the blood there. Or perhaps in the water? Which is it?

I am dyslexic to boot.

DAAANG! You go, girl. Next you're going to tell me you're blind like Milton...

Next you're going to tell me you're blind like Milton...
SmileyCentral.com

Melissa...SmileyCentral.com Is your silent comment meant to convey any message at all, or was it only that you missed to hit a key on the keyboard?

It's not a comment. It's a lack of ability in cut and paste. Apparently I forgot the 'paste' part.

I was going to ask if your new story mentioned earlier in the thread is going to be as angsty as LCT? Enquiring minds want to know.

Do you mean "Nothing Between Us?"

Yes, it will. Definitely. It is already turning into that path.

Yes I did it once again. I read LCT with all the laughter and tears, for the words said and for those left unspoken.
For the love shared and the love lost.
Twinges of pain and a heart so aflutter at the seen of Fitzwilliam at the end with Elizabeths letter laying on his chest and a lock of her hair and a tear every so slowly slipping down his check.
Eli, woman what you have done to me yet again.
You are truly proficient in your writing.

Yes I did it once again. I read LCT with all the laughter and tears, for the words said and for those left unspoken.
For the love shared and the love lost.
Twinges of pain and a heart so aflutter at the seen of Fitzwilliam at the end with Elizabeths letter laying on his chest and a lock of her hair and a tear every so slowly slipping down his cheek.
Eli, woman what you have done to me yet again.
You are truly proficient in your writing.

Thank you Julia. I am very glad you have enjoyed sooo much. I AM also rereading LCT (I am preparing a big surprise you shall soon see) and having a terrific time. I just love it. I cannot believe I have written it.
Colonel Fitzwilliam is a dear to me.

i must say i throughy loved this story!!!

it was strange at first to read these events...for a while i couldn't let go of what i already knew

but i think it was brillant how you twisted the storyline into something completely different, but just as enjoyable.

there were times when i was like 'NOOO!!! what was she thinking writing that?'
especially the very end scenario...i was greatly confused and had to read it several times to understand what was really happening.

the whole affair with bingley, though, was a bit far fetched, i have never percieved him sooo stupid in my life, instead in the past as a adorable, puppy-like character. although i'm happy for jane, it was quite unfortunate

the whole side story with wickham and lydia was great too...you learn to love the supposed enemy

the thing i highly praise and commend you for is your presentation of Darcy...it was just as i always thought he should be like, and is it bad i pictured him the whole time as the character colin firth portrayed?!

haha

anyway, good work, and hope to read your other pieces soon!

<3

is it bad i pictured him the whole time as the character colin firth portrayed?!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketSmileyCentral.com

Is there any other?
Thank you very much. It was a pleasant surprise. I hope Love Called Twice keeps giving as much pleasure to readers as it gave me to write it!

Amazing. Intricate, emotional, comprehensive and wonderful. Thank you so much!

24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33