Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Well, now we are talking!
Of course angst is no over, yet. We are merely going through a smooth stage.
Relax and ENJOY.

You left it there??? Gah! Again, the ALMOST HMS!

No one is comfortable at Netherfield, except possibly Bingley. He's rather clueless as usual.

O.K. Eli do we get a prize if we find your quotes? Say, reading the next chapter ahead of everyone else? You were quoting from Emma where the parson's wife comments that in Emma's wedding there was a shocking lack of lace.

Lorena

P.S. you are the most teasing woman ever.

P.S. you are the most teasing woman ever.

Thank you! I just love classics of all sorts. It is so much fun when one finds out one's favourite character's words in Darcy's or Lizzy's voice!
I particularly like those stories in which authors include sonnets and poems from the Regency or even a previous period, say, Elizabeth's times.
Okay, Lorena. I will think over on what sort of prize I will be able to grant you. Perhaps, read the end of the story before anyone else. Who knows!

Well I didn't think anything of the "it didn't hurt" line when I read it. I thought she was just reassuring him that it was all good. I think, if I read correctly Eli, that there wasn't any hidden meaning in it. Am I right?
Darcy seemed so calm, not as desperate to bed her as I thought a 33 year old virgin would be. I liked the sweet conversation about the size of his package. However, I will welcome less talk and more HMS in the next chapter. Thanks Eli, I know you aim to please your dear readers!

What? That's not very nice Eli leaving us/me with my mouth wide open and wondering WHAT HAPPENED TO 2 CHAPTERS A WEEK, especially at this most anticipated moment. I am truely beside myself. Please Mrs. Darcy have mercy!!!!

Please Mrs. Darcy have mercy!!!!

I have, I have, but children, children, Mrs Darcy has a life you know, and she was writing herself... finally... couldn't stop!

You did have two chapters. One of LCT and the other from AAITSL.

You are right Mrs. Darcy I am sorry for my comment I was only thinking of myself. And I do look forward to the next chapter of your story.

And Eli you are correct and I truely enjoyed both.

Please will you both forgive me Please!!!

I am too, looking forward Renee's chapter 10 part b..Of course you are forgiven, my friend. After all, he who does not cry, won't get food.

You are right Mrs. Darcy I am sorry for my comment I was only thinking of myself

I sooooo understand, dear Julia, you want to read on and on! I know the feeling, trust me.

Oh la la... Chapters 36 and 37 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Eli, my love, I was rotflmao when reading that sisterly chat! OMG, you're a hoot.

Still have to read the rest of it, will get back at ye!

O.K. the "wedding shower" was hilarious! It was like the story of the different blind people describing the elephant ie. one describes it as a tail, another as a face and yet another as legs etc. and since no one has full knowledge everyone's description is incorrect. The sad thing is that what you described was probably accurate at the time. Gentlewomen were so in the dark about such things. You know the more i think about it the more i think that particular scene is true. I love the fact that Jane is now "enlightened", imagine after how many years of marriage? How many kids? and not due to her husband!

Very amusing i would say Eli! The girls' chat and with Lizzy's innocent questions or comments, these 2 chapters are very much enjoyed !
But i suppose now we should expect some angst to come are we?

I Lurve You Eli!!!

Thanks for heeding my request for posting Chapters 36 & 37 at the same time.

I greatly adored them. You included some lines that are classic!

Indeed, angst is coming up soon. I am glad you enjoyed the scenes. It took me the longest time to finally made up my mind as to how to write this particular scene. I wanted it to be different and believable. The funny thing is that it is what happened to a friend of mine. She was an innocent when she got married at the advanced age of twenty seven and had the surprise of her life when she saw the thing for the first time. Could not fathom how that could be accomodated. I showed her the scene and laughed to tears when she recognized her own wedding night.

Elena,

Love your wonderful and inventive story and thanks for providing 2 chapters !!

I would like to see the Colonel come back into the story to add some tension. I am still awaiting the shoe to drop when Darcy learns they were engaged. What questions would he ask and would Lizzie respond truthfully? Would the Colonel in a drunken moment drop the bomb and even discuss intimate moments with Lizzie? Also, I really like your characterization of the "experienced," passionate and charming Colonel.

I too found the "wedding shower" scene hilarious.
I recall reading that until the sexual revolution of the 1960s, many women (and girls since many more teenagers when wed) were still ignorant regarding intimacy between a man and a woman. There was no sex education, no birth control pill, and "good girls" did not discuss those topics with friends and "good girls" did not admit to any form of intimacy out side of marriage. Reportedly, the mother would give either a vague or outright off putting sex talk and impart very little info; therefore, the girl or young woman would be frightened and ignorant. If the husband was not compassionate and aware of how best to approach the situation, the girl/woman might be left with a dislike of sex. Sad.

Another reason I enjoyed your story today, is that yesterday I came across a WIP story by Shem at austen.com which involves a Kitty/Darcy pairing. I was so astounded that I began reading it. I got drawn into the story despite the fact that I am still at the point of saying Kitty and Darcy, what!!! I find the pairing disturbing but the story is well written. Gah! So, I needed to "cleanse my palate" on your story to get that other pairing out of my head.

Please, no one write a story pairing a widowed Mrs. Bennet and Darcy for gods sake don't do it as I'd never recover.

StevieB

Kitty & Darcy??? That's sacriligious!!!

Eli;
I must admit these last two chapters weren't what I expected, but you did not disappoint. After reading the chapters a third time I realized how incredibly accurate their wedding night was. Both being in truth inexperienced one can hardly expect lots of HMS until they learn from one another. I loved Lizzy's thoughts on how virile her husband is (four times!) and how unaccustomed she was to sleeping (literally) with a man. Darcy, after being denied for so many years was an eager beaver and I know that as they practice more, Lizzy will take her pleasure as often as her yummy husband does !

The advice from her sisters was priceless and it brought to mind some girlish discussions of my own many years ago!

I truly am enjoying this story and I have faith that when the angst comes, Darcy may be angry & disappointed, but when push comes to shove, he won't give up Lizzy! I hope!!

Please, no one write a story pairing a widowed Mrs. Bennet and Darcy for gods sake don't do it as I'd never recover

Actually that is exactly how my next story begins!

St and Fr,
THANK YOU. I just loved both your comments. I really meant to do it that way, taking great consideration of their situation, feelings and all that, so I am exceedingly happy that you guys had got that impression. However, if you want a hotter weddding night, salts, fans and all, wait to chapter 14 of AAITSL. That will not disappoint, I promise.

Eli,

When you said: "Actually that is exactly how my next story begins!" You were teasing me about the Darcy/Mrs. Bennet pairing? Uh . . .right. . .pls right?!

Moments ago Carolyn R. over at austen.com :) advised me about such a story at http://austen.com/derby/katar3.htm
GAH! GAH! pls make it go away. Fortunately, it is a short story and not a serious multiple chapter story like the Kitty/Darcy story. I can't seem to stop reading it because of course I want to find it if it ends "on canon." Gah!

Again, love your involved story. So much has happened. Still awaiting, with anticipation, when I believe the s____ will hit the fan when Darcy finds out about Lizzie and the Colonel's engagement. I imagine Darcy's head almost revolving on his shoulders & the fact that he'd want a chronology of events with specificity. The fury! Oh well, I know there are many possibilities in terms of where your story may go but I know we won't be disappointed whatever path you take.

Thanks for providing me hours of enjoyment.

StevieB

You were teasing me about the Darcy/Mrs. Bennet pairing? Uh . . .right. . .pls right?!

Nop. Actually the blurb is ready. As soon as I had finished writing LCT I will start developing it(I am writing three stories presently, two are being posted, the other is Renee's birthday present *Smug*) This one is still in the oven.It is called "Mr Darcy".Not very imaginative a title, actually.

Do not worry...although I never follow canon, I usually avoid disgusting subjects...at least thoroughly disgusting subjects...
Besides, our dear host is so protective(thank God), one can safely write whatever one's imagination dictates, knowing too well Mrs Darcy will be there to defend her author's inventive at all costs. Apple shinner, aren't I?

Eli sweetpea,

Really loved the way you wrote the shower and wedding night. Absolute reality for all the women to give their differing accounts. And true to form, since Darcy and Elizabeth are both passionate but inexperienced, I'm glad to see that their wedding night reflected that. They'll get to the toes-curling, mind blowing stuff later.

Can't wait to see what happens next or if you let it slip that CF is Elizabeth's ex-fiancee. Let's see waht kind of gasket Darcy blows with that tidbit. And since you are a very naughty girl sometimes and like to torture that poor man, I'm sure that somewhere, somehow, he'll find out.

And since you are a very naughty girl sometimes and like to torture that poor man, I'm sure that somewhere, somehow, he'll find out

You can wager your life he will, my friend.

Eli,

Ok, on this topic this is the last time--

You said: "Nope. Actually the blurb is ready. As soon as I had finished writing LCT I will start developing it."

Enough is enough. Pls stop kidding me about the Darcy/Mrs. Bennet pairing.

MRS. FANNIE BENNET-DARCY: "Mr. Darcy"

DARCY: "Yes, Fannie my love" [gah]

MRS. FANNIE BENNET-DARCY: "I have some ideas regarding THROWING GEORGIANA IN THE PATH OF WEALTHY MEN. Mr. Darcy I will have her engaged by Tuesday!" . . .

Gah!! Gah!! No, I really mean it; please don't do it no Fannie Bennet/Fitzwilliam Darcy! :) LOL

StevieB

Eli

Very enjoyable chapters on the shower and wedding night(looks as though Lizzy has won the Stud-for-a-Husband sweepstakes compared to her sisters). Jane was brave to put forward the truths she learned from Darcy. (Will that little episode be known?)

So your final sentence in Chapter 35 was merely to stress your readers!!! Teazing, teazing author!!! At any rate, I'm glad Lizzy doesn't have to worry about a pre-marital deflowerment in addition to the 'simple' engagement to Richard. Darcy's reason seems to evaporate when it comes to Lizzy. Oh, it occurs to me that if Lizzy has occasion to cry on Jane's shoulders about Darcy's anger over the engagement, Jane could reveal *his* little infraction.
(Now I envision a general free-for-all in which all characters get to complain about things that displease them. )

Curious as to what the next twist will be.
Thanks for posting.
Margaret

Curious as to what the next twist will be.

You know me. There will be a couple of twists before angst reaches its peak.
SmileyCentral.com

Eli/Margaret,

Margaret said:

"Now I envision a general free-for-all in which all characters get to complain about things that displease them."

Oh yes, I forgot about the Darcy-Jane explosive secret as well as her obliquely alluding to intimate knowledge of Darcy!

Also, there is the Jane-Colonel secret. What if Elizabeth experiences some sense of jealousy despite here unquestionable love for Darcy. Sub-conscious territorialism. Then quoting "The Godfather" "go to the mattresses" [prepare for battle]. Beautiful

StevieB

The new chapters were just wonderful. I ususally don't think of Darcy as being inexperienced before marriage but your stroy makes it seem so plausible. He's making up for lost time now.
"seemed now almost as innocent as a girls' lace" I hope she won't tell him that!
I can't wait for the promised angst! Will it only be DArcy finding out about L & CF or will Charles find out about J & CF also? Either way, I am sure I'll love it. The pre-wedding talk was so funny. Who would have thought that Lydia could ever be the voice of reason about anything? I love how often you update, Elena. Very nice!

Eli, have been on vacation (went to Sarasota FL to see a play production of P&P at the Asolo Theater there, playing now and it is wonderful!! Recommend it...2 1/2 hrs long so alot of story was included) but I'm back and have caught up and YOU KNOW I'M HAPPY, THEY ARE MARRIED! Loved these last chapters but knowing you, the angst is coming....I will just keep re-reading these chapters, you will not make me sad!

Will it only be DArcy finding out about L & CF or will Charles find out about J & CF also?

Get ready for the storm. It will leave not a tree in its place, I grant you.

SmileyCentral.com

Eli.
Those hurricane & tornado smilies are hilarious LOL
StevieB

Ok, so Don Juan Richard got jiggy with Jane and Lizzy so that means that theoritically both Darcy & Charles could challenge him to a duel...actually Charles is the real injured party cos Darcy was married to another woman when Richard was getting jiggy with Lizzy. Jane will have to answer for getting jiggy with Richard and almost getting jiggy with Darcy. Darcy got jiggy with Lizzy and Jane (although he didn't know it was Jane so that kinda counts in his favor). Come to think of it, Charles could also challenge Darcy to a duel for almost getting jiggy with his wife, but again, Darcy thought Jane was Lizzy and as soon as he realized that it wasn't Lizzy, he behaved himself. Jane however, knew it was Darcy all along, and she liked it! Lizzy got jiggy with Darcy and Richard, and she liked it too!! The only poor fellow who wasn't getting jiggy was Charles (well he got jiggy with his wife but can we really call what he did with his wife true jiggy?) So Eli, who's going to pay for their "indiscretions" and who will escape?

Wow! Darcy is a marathon man! I always penned Wickham for the type, glad to know I was mistaken.

So Eli, who's going to pay for their "indiscretions" and who will escape?

There is nothing hidden that shall not be shown under the sun.
SmileyCentral.com

Wicked!!

FRANCES: I cant believe nobody has commented on your "jiggies!" I counted 10 times that you used it...greatness.

And, I am totally stealing your Don Juan Richard reference. From now on in this story, I am referring to The Richard as Don Juan Richard!

Your Friend, KC

Kayakchick;

I am honored!

Frances

Chapters 38 and 39 are up, ladies and gents. Enjoy!

Eli,

Thanks for the 2 passionate chapters.

Poor Lizzy [in a good way]. I'm worn out myself. Ouch and Wow!!

How would Lizzy smile after all of those . . . hrumph . . . activities . . . hmmm . . . It wouldn't be a "toothy" smile. OK here is her smile Eyes closed and just a big sappy smile.

STEVIEB

Eli,

I forgot to mention Richard. You have provided us a very hot, attractive Richard. Love his worldliness--been there done it, seen it all.

The chapters were hot enough but Richard threw gasoline on an already blazing fire when he said:

"Do not go," he whispered. "I am not done with you yet."

Now that's a fire!

STEVIEB

WoW Eli! That was very very very hot. Thank you for giving us that! Some calm before the storm...

I just hate the whole cheating thing between J&R. Okay so it happened Jane needs to enlighten C slowly to somethings that she likes. After all she is married to him.
Poor Lizzy sore bottom. Thankfully D figured out what she needs to be pleased.
R is going to regret dissing G, she prob wanted to discuss GW with him. I think she is about to make some very bad choices.
Great chapter can't wait for more.

O.k. Eli, you did it again.......you had to make the colonel better than Darcy! You made him a better and more experienced lover! You really are hooked on the colonel aren't you? You even have me hooked as well, i realized your game and knew that Elizabeth was dealing with an inexperienced lover versus Jane's experienced one. Here is a suggestion for your horrid, horrid idea of Darcy and Mrs. Bennet, why not the colonel and Mrs. Bennet. This way you can have it all, your faithful readers would be happy with cannon and you can have your little Mrs. Bennet affair and get it out of your system. I agree with the comment on the Kitty/Darcy pairing, i keep skimming through the story and waiting for the moment where the author will tell us that it was Elizabeth all along who took Kitty's place etc., or perhaps a horrible dream. I even keep learing at the comments of those people who want a happy ending to Kitty and Darcy, what planet are they from?

Lorena

I think i am on to you......you are being inspired by Mrs. Robinson (for the horrid Darcy/Mrs. Bennet affair)

Lorena

My inspiration comes from Austen herself...Mr Bennet advised his wife to send the girls alone to visit Mr Bingley ...Send them alone. He might find you better than the party[of girls]

This suggests that Mrs Bennet, despite her age, might have been a real beauty.SmileyCentral.com

Since Lizzy is so reluctant to talk, I am glad her husband finally got a clue. I have no doubt they'll figure it all out soon. I don't mind Jane & Col. F but I do feel Geoergiana's pain. Thanks for the lovely chapters.

WoW! you weren't kidding practice makes perfect! Poor people who had to hear everything in that small inn! Great job once again I can only imagine what awaits the Netherfield love triangle

Poor Lizzy! Not much pleasure just all the suffering! Darcy will have to learn somehow and she will have to confide to him as well. Otherwise how would they improve.

Looks like Jane is sinking deeper into the dune. Though am pleased that she's getting action but hmm..it could spell trouble for her, Colonel and Georgina

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30