Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Congrats Alicia! You have become the 1000th visitor to my thread!
And thanks for the link!!

1000 comments indeed, luck her and cute of you to alert, but you know what that means, all those replies are enough to write another chapter

now, back to comments, that was 7000 words? wow, it just seem shorter and shorter but you're not spoiling me at all, I earned it surely with all those comments right jkjk, I guess I love reading it no matter how vexing and I can't wait to read more, I'm impatient, I know

you know what Eli, I totally forgot about why it wasn't sweet, but don't worry I went back to read that chapter again so I'll picture it for you ok?

but before I carry on, I was wondering if I'm jinxing myself, because I was just saying thanks heaven you update regular and suddenly you went to start a new story! not that I don't like it, because it a good story so far, and I can't wait to read more, but still just wondering, me no jinxing right?

anyway, wickham come hoem to a spoilt lydia, and decided to impregnant her, just to ensure he have an heir. what so sweet about that lady?

then, Darcy & Lizzy are still up and the honourable game, boy it no longer sweet, it annoying after all they been throught to let society rules dictate them, I'm annoyed with Darcy now, not sweet at all. Jane won't leave her sister alone, because she can't stand her husband, not sweet again.

Richard still haven't found the letter, in fact, bet you want to to forget and bring it up when we're least expecting and bamb, something horrible happen and I'll start crying for Darcy or something.

Forget Gina for now, she still a minor, not sweet enough to compenstate. then Jane is walking with Richard to discover Darcy & Lizzy together, yet fails to see Richard upset, delude Jane, she'll end up with Richard seducing her without knowing he use to be with Lizzy, (even if the seduction was after Bingley dead)

I fail to see/ read anything sweet at all, and you done that on purposs, Valentine or not, you're out to vex us readers. Are the others not complaining? have I pictured it clear enough?

anyway, commenting while working is hard, can not multitask that way, have to get back to work and more reading, hope to see something here before the week is over

update soon

Dear friend.
Please do not get upset. As I have already explained, not everybody is as crazy as I am and would still be posting while away on holidays! My friend who proof-reads for LCT has gone on holidays and so we have just to wait until she resumes her routine. I cannot complain! She is a dear friend and a great beta.As soon as she corrects the chap she will be sending it hastily back to me and I to Mrs Darcy.
I sent chapter 2 of AAITSL for you to have something to read until chap 25 is rendered.
You will, surely have next chapter of LCT within the following days. May be tomorrow or tonight, who knows!
But, please keep complaining. I just love it!

well dear, me was just explaining to you why the Valentine treat was not particulary sweet, you did ask me to picture it

but you know I like it if you're crazy enough to update stories during holidays, for how eles could crazy people like me survive my working days without reading? (don't have holidays like you anymore) I was in vietnam for three weeks, I went out every day, but at the end of the day I still love to just sit in the net cafe to read updates to my extended list of WIP stories - it much better than the nightlife offer there I assure you.

if you like, I can tell you about the night life, but only if you're over 18

Now I see what you mean...Well, I send a Valentine greeting to everyone because I noticed many of you celebrate it.Here in Argentina it is not. So I was not inmerse in the whole thing...Sorry. I will try to think of a story that keeps up with the different celebrations throughout the year...That sounds interesting!
I love the night life...but yours sounds pretty wicked!
If you want to tell me,I would love to read about it, but please email me 'cuz I am not sure it would be a topic of interest for the rest...

A short note to tell you I have just send LCT chapter 25 to Mrs Darcy...

A short note to tell you that chapter 25 has just been posted.

What terrible timing!! All those letters reminding her that Richard was thinking of her. But I still think that her feelings are more guilt related than love related...she may love Richard in a way, but not the all-comsuming passion she shares with Darcy! Bravo Eli, can't wait for the next chapter and for the other shoe to fall...!!

Hilarious hilarious! the conversation betw Caroline and Darcy ! But poor Lizzy got torn in betw again...i hope she can make up her mind really soon. Looks like Colonel has deep interest in Jane, or could it be because he sees abit of Lizzy in her??

What can I say? I dare say the conversation between Darcy & Caroline was certinly funny enough, least that one thing to bring a smile to my face, it still here btw, and people in the office have think I gone crazy smilling and being cheerful through the day at work.

I was for the moment reading the title of the chapter think "yes, she going to clear out the letter problem" but no, it a bunch of different letters though address to the same person.

I decided that Darcy and Lizzy can not get married, can you do something about that? I think you're quite safe from the hoddies with all those rotten tomatoes & eggs too, after all you're all the way in South America and most of us are North Continent or further away in Europe.

Mr Bennet and the house will certainly be in for a shock, their daughter jsut recived a zillion letters from one man and three weeks time she'll get married to another. And worst, not one can stop this, after all Elizabeth is of age.

So Frances thinks Lizzie love Richard out of guilt, well it could be, I doult it. She just too passionate and can't live with one man, even if he was the hottest on the block. I'm mean ain't I? it all your fault, this story have made me bitter of all the characters, sweet Jane & Gina (much prefer this to Georgie, wonder if you notice). Darcy should be with me, Richard should marry someone tottally not in the story, maybe one of Richard adroable fan, and Lizzy can have Mr Collin, is he still alive? Charles need schooling.

That chapter is the shortest ever, and it nothing to do with 5000+ words, I have a new theory as to why I keep complaining.

A. You leave one too many clifhanggers, so it all adds up.
B. I'm a very frustrated fan
C. I read it in around 15 minutes, too quickly therefore if I have nothing eles to read, I complain

the result, I will always complain "well I can't help it"

anyway, awaits this story and the other one too - I'm getting addicted to it after all - it sounds more promising, less vexing and will bring a smile to my face, won't it?

I think Frances got my meaning. She has already made up her mind, but...memories cannot be helped, can they?

They are getting married, Hangnhu. No way they are not! After all, they are meant for each other...Keep complaining...I peromise next chapter will be really long..it is one made up of two...A fair treat after the delay...

I also found this conversation bt Caroline and Darcy really hilarious...Thanks for your warm comments,...my friends.

Lizzy is annoying. Of course Richard loved her while he was away. They were lovers and engaged before he left. It's almost as if she has no brain inside her head. Richard maybe should be happy to have escaped. Poor Georgie, he was quite clear about how he felt about her. Darcy is totally besotted but he has waited a long time. I am surprised he hasn't put the consumation down in his calendar. "Pierce maidenhead Tuesday next"
I thought we were giving us TWO chapters! Don't be missish, you know you said it. Also I check my mailbox everyday for my "1000 Visitor prize," and still nothing. No worries, I'm sure it's on its way.
'

Man Eli, I certainly hope you show us some convincing evidence of why she loves Darcy and not Richard anymore. How can she be completely happy with Darcy if she still pines, even a little, for Richard in the back of her mind. Oh why, oh why, did you have to do this to us? Why couldn't she have just burned those letters? Will Darcy find them and is that how he finds out? Of course, can't wait to read more and I have confidence in you to make things right...

Okay Alicia,
I completely agree with you... she has become thoughtless, In fact she gives the impression of being so intelligent...but she is all passion , that is why she made so many mistakes, she thinks after she leaps.

Kayak,
I am glad you trust me.Next chapter is only six chapters away from the end...so you will soon have no more cause to repine...

Very good chapter. Can't wait for more

KayakChick, off course Darcy have to find out about those letters & most certainly Lizzy & Richard, even if I have to put up with Darcy marrying Lizzy, the two of them simply can not get married if things are not out in the open.

You're not presuading Eli, do not encourage her in this sort of behaviour. How could you let Lizzy live with the guilt (see I'm being nice to lizzy) and my Darcy to live in doubt, off course his not in doubt yet, but what happen when Lizzy & Richard lose control at some point in the furture (after the stories end, you'll never know) and they becomes edgy around each other, Darcy would think 'something up'

So, Eli, you're still with Darcy & Lizzy being together then? well, we all hope so I suppose.
What? 6 more chapters and the story is going to end? How will that happen? there is still too many things to be resovle, aside Lizzy Darcy Richard, there is still Jane & Bingley & Georgie and Wickham & Lydia
you can't re-introduce those two in last few chapter and then leave us with blanks. you're not planning a sequal are you?

you can't finish this story that quick, what am I going to read? who is going to vex me daily? I'm being dramatic.

I know another story WIP that vexing me greatly, 10th times more than yours, but only because they author has not update is like 3years, and it a dame good one. You hear of 'Shade in his Character' by Rebecca over in firthness? wish there is more story like that to read. Also another one over here 'Strange Bedfellow' by Tanya, I love that too, but it been months since the last update. I have no idea how I survive, except reading more stories, good & bad jkjk. off course I only read good stories, any bad one I dump after the first chapter, how could I tell? from the way it written. luckily are aren't many and certainly none I seen from MrsDarcy.

anyway, you promise that the next chapter will be twice as long, I'm looking forward to it very very much, btw when can I expect it? menwhile, I'll go and read the other update. is it a good one? hope so.

Shade in his Character' by Rebecca over in firthness

I'm afraid that Rebecca won't update this story sometime soon, but her "A most convenient mishap" is fantastic too. It's not dark, like Shade, but humourous. Well written, nice plot, and a delightful Darcy and Lizzy who have a forced marriage. The development of Lizzy's growing love fior him is so lovely. One of my favs of the older stories.

I read 'A Most Convenient Mishap' already Renee and totally agree with you, it funny and sweet and adorable, in fact I read alot of stories, I even printed out a whole library of completed ones that I like (in including that one above), And as soon as Eli finish I'll print this one too so I can read it times and times again.

I guess I mention Shades because it stick out most and off course I enjoyed it most.
Eli won't mind me having favourite, I always make it up to her with long paragraph of complains.

Eli, I'm still upset with you, this time is much much worst than normal, how could you make Lizzy Mrs Collins. I really mean it, How could you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli, okay I liked this latest chapter but I cannot help but agree with hangnhu, Lizzy's normal intelligence is so missing and sometimes it's hard for me to accept...is she coming to her senses soon! I know you keep assuring us that they (L&D) will marry but you keep throwing in roadblocks and reverting back to the Colonel! I know love makes us all do silly things and not think clearly but a "continuous silly Lizzy" is getting hard to accept! I do enjoy your writing and will be devastated that this story is to end soon so you better keep writing....

I too have read Shades by Rebecca, and am sorry no updates...it is a clever story line and well written too and a different side to their relationship that I haven't read in the many stories I've come across, so am sad too its not to be finished. But I am SO GRATEFUL that these stories even exist! I have become quite addicted and don’t know what I would do without them! And these forums....love them, as I see I am not the only addicted soul!

And Eli, I almost didn’t start to read this story because of the brief description posted to the side on Mrs. Darcy site...I thought I just cant read a story where Lizzy has died...but took the leap one day and realized the dead wife was A...so I plunged into your story and now, wait patiently each week, it certainly is one of my favorites, if not my favorite!

Gee Girls.
How nice to have found these comments today!
I must say again that one of the reasons why I started writing was that I grew really vexed when I started a story and the author simply updated every one year or never again!! Some of those stories related merely a few months or weeks in the lives of the characters and it took four or five years to know what happenned the next day of their lives. It would not do. On the other had I also noticed that some authors started over very nicely and ended up outtrageously bad just for the sake of updating or because they simply did not know what to do with their characters...So I made up my mind to write something and finish it before posting it. I took me a whole year, a lot of research(it had to be good and as accurate as possible) But I did it just for fun. I did not expect the great success it had! I am just so proud of my baby!

There will be a double posting this week...That is why the chapter will be loooong. About 12000 words in all.

The new story is more in accordance with canon, in the sense that the characters will keep their usual demeanour. But the story is completely changed.- Still, Wickham is gorgeous and wicked,Darcy is reserved and handsome, Lizzy is daring and witty, but as stubborn and nonsensical at times. Georgiana has not suffered the Ramsgate affair so she is not shy, although she is reserved as her brother. It is a whatif that starts in Hunsford. I believe any moralist lady will quit the reading soon, however...

Finally, my dears! Two new chapters for you to enjoy.

...alerting all her southern sensibilities

Scrumptious!

Oh oh Eli, Eli... or should I say, Jane, Jane...

Absolutely delicious!!! I daresay that if this is any indication of the wedding night, we're in for a smoldering time! Loved this posting, and I have an idea that Jane and Richard will be advancing their acquaintance? How convenient that he will stay at Netherfield! Give us a clue Eli, will Jane and Richard behave "honorably"?

Be still my heart! Oh, Elena, this is such a great chapter(s) I bet you put some real time into these two! Oh having Jane to pine away thinking of what could of with Darcy, only to have the dear sweet Col. at her side! Being envious of her sister, and wondering what if? Great job, hope all is well in your part of the world!

Yeah, fire fire! Thank God she finally got rid of them. I guess I called it a little too early. You just like to vex us, Eli!

Believe it or not, I can't really believe I am saying this but, I hope you bring more Lydia and Wickham.

But of course, I really can't wait for the wedding night. Please give us a warning of what chapter it will occur in, I don't think I can read it at work...

K, Me Again...

I just thought of something though. Eli, I bet with your evil mind that the angst will not be over with yet for Elizabeth and Darcy??? Is that letter still creeping about? I am a believer in the truth will set you free and I think Darcy needs to know. Guess we will see...

Renee,
I thank you dearest for your words...I am delighted you liked the chapter, You know how much I appreciate your good regard, dear hostess

Frances,
Oh yes! These two chapters are only the beginning...Hold on to your bonnets, or your knickers

So very glad that Lizzy has finally sniped the strings that tied her to Colonel...abit sad but well, she has to make a decision. Mrs Bennet never ceased to amaze me LOL! Is Darcy going to pursue the matter about Colonel visited the Bennets before his spain trip?? Also with this sizzling chemistry betw Jane and Colonel, am i to expect a wicked time betw the two of them ??

I am also worried about that letter Lizzy put in his pocket. I also know that the angst is not over, but with such a wonderful writer and a wonderful story, and a believer in happy endings, at some point in the future all will be well.

I am amazed that the Colonel has got over his broken heart, sort of, at least he is looking up and not drowning his sorrows in booze.

Poor Jane, she wants what Lizzy has and it is probably the only time in her life she is envious of her sister. I still wonder what you have in store for pitiful, dumb, Bingley.

Looking forward for the rest and sitting on the edge of my seat.

Thank you
Mo

I bet you put some real time into these two!

YOU know I did! And it was for a good cause if the chap delighted you so much!

I really can't wait for the wedding night

Neither can Darcy...he just told me to start posting TWICE to rush things a little.
I believe the wedding night is about...6 chapters from this...You see...You will have more of Love Call Twice till almost MAY!

abit sad but well, she has to make a decision.
Indeed, it was, dear friend...Colonel Fitzwilliam really won our hearts, did he not? At least some of our hearts..

I also know that the angst is not over
You know me... I take pleasure in teasing and vexing you!

By the way...Have you noticed these (*)in the dialogues? They are there for you to guess the source of the quotation...they belong to famous films or books...sort of a trivia...Can you guess?

'at least some of our hearts' you mean me?
I'm not going deny anything of the kind, none of them have won my heart, darcy will always have it without working. I can't help it! he has mind, whether he wants it or not!

double posting till almost may? yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you written all of them now, just need editing here & there? terrific, luv ya.

about those two chapters, guess what they are shorter than ever, don't need to tell you why anymore, you know my theory.

I would like to see Wickham back, and hopefully a change man from the war experience
I doubt Lydia would be reform though
I was also wondering, there was no mention of wedding plans was there? not a big one I hope, that just scandalous!

I unlike the rest is not looking forward to the wedding night! Lizzy & Richard agreed to keep their past from Darcy! what are they thinking? she can not, CAN NOT become Mrs Darcy now! that is simply not fair!!!!!!

Jane, Jane, Jane she simply can not enter an affair can she? you promise to kill off Bingley I think, did you not, I faintly recall reading this in previous post months ago. Don't tell you plan to be crueler by Bingley heart attack seeing his wife liasioning with Richard. 'hopefully Eli understands I'm trying to presuade her to this notion'

surely Gina is over wickham and can face him now, after all she into Richard and she knows Mrs Wickham is Lizzy sister, does she not? it will be interesting to see their interaction all the way throught the wedding and any engagement prior and apre

How old is Miss Bingley now? How could she not be married? she is offically on the shelf isn't she? worst fate than Mrs Collins.

You know, I'm very glad your an author and I very glad you took the resolution other authors not bother about. I been reading fanfictions for 6 years now and I must say I'm frustrated all the same. I know quite few aside 'shade' that I'm waiting on updates.

so, with the double posting, will it effect the updates of 'affair'?

Oh, sooo many questions...
Well. I will begin from the end. No it won't affect the posting of AAITSL. That one is a real WIP while LCT is already written.

Yes, there is more Wickham/Lydia/Georgiana/Richard/Jane coming along...Though I am not so sure everything will go so smoothly as you wish... But it will be entertaining, I promise.
Yes i have to do some editing in LCT from time to time..For example this affair of Wickham is taking me some time...and Miss Bingley was a last moment's brainwave.

I am sorry to contradict you, but contrary to your expectations there will be a wedding and, most definitely, a wedding night, soon.

Eli, As you are well aware from me, I am a big D&L together fan and will not settle for less easily so I really enjoyed these chapters, the parting scenes with D&L, very very sweet, burning of the letters..I can breathe; although I almost hate to say that out loud as I know you are not finished! But I for one thank you for very very good chapters and thanks to both you and R for posting two! Looking forward to the next...I hope you will never stop your writing...

I love when people is specific as to which part of the scenes in the chapter they liked best. Thank you. I took particular care in that part...took it from one of Sense and Sensibility parting scenes...Thanks for bringing it up.
I too wish this never ends..but it will , eventually.
Meantime, let us enjoy while it is still going.

Since you like hearing particularly which parts we enjoyed, I will indulge you

Though bittersweet, Lizzy's talk with Richard was beautiful. It broke my heart when she gave the ring back to him and their talk about what real love is...and especially his parting words for no one to hear. Poor Richard's wasted heart.

You balanced it very well with the scene with Jane. I loved the image of Jane Bingley, Miss Perfect, covered in mud with a dangling bonnet! I have actually been enjoying her lust for Richard (although not for Darcy!). I am evil and take pleasure in the normally sickeningly sweet Bingley couple having problems...especially in the bedroom.

Looking forward to the next post, as usual. Thanks for a great story!

You were killing me with the "wasted heart" quote by the way. It was on the tip of my tongue, but I had to cheat and look it up. I will not spoil your guessing game for someone who comes by the answer honestly, but will say that I am ashamed of myself since it is from one of my favorites, and is one of my favorite parts. Wow, you delight in vexing us in as many ways as possible!

Thank you Kirstin

Indee, the separation was very sweet. And the reunion , too.That quote is one of my favourites , too. The actor who says the words is also Richard in my fancy, remember?

Hey Eli, It's been awhile since I commented on LCT, I have been reading and my heart has been heavy for Richard, I can't help but feel for him. Even thou he new what he was getting hisself into from the beiging, and then to which he did confess to Lizzy in Chapter 26, of the undeserved unhappiness that William endured because of his wanting of Elizabeth.
The letters that Lizzy got from Richard, while he was away at war, confessing his love and longing to return home to her got to me too. And then she tossed them into the fireplace, gone forever his professions of love SmileyCentral.com
I myself have never been in love with 2 men at once but then again how could Lizzy, truely? All along she was just hoping to fill that void (Darcy) with his cousin, but to no avail. Lizzy in all reality will always love William.
Eli do you think after over hearing Richards conversation with Mrs. Bennett that William will ask further questions on his visits to Longborn? And what about that letter that Lizzy stuffed into his coat pocket back at Roseings, will it ever resurface. What I am trying to say is will William ever find out the trueth of Richards and Lizzys involvment?
Love your story

and how many chapters till the end?

Thank you Jul, for that lovely comment.Very specific, which are the kind of comments I love to get.
I have ever so often confessed that this is my first attempt to write ff, but I also confess I ever so often receive cousil from well known ff writers. And one of them, Miss Belen P, has taught me NEVER TO INCLUDE SOMETHING WITHOUT A REASON. Does that answer your question as regards the letter?
In what it takes the length of the story, there are, so far, 49 chapters , including the epilogue.

I think Elizabeth was very reluctant to do away with Richard's letters,(she showed this in that she read them over and over until Darcy and Richard arrived despite the pain it causes her) but her loyalty to Darcy is now too strong to dare to do something that might harm her relationship with him.( she is not tipsy, mind you!)

Eli, I know I have to live with the idea that there will simiply be a wedding, and a wedding night

but surely you can not end the story with the love triangle unresolved.

don't you pity poor richard one bit? off course he know what he got himself into, but well we can not control or helped our heart if it decided to love one person or another you know.

but the perfect solution for all three of them to get over everything is : darcy have to know!!!!!!!!

then richard & lizzy can move on, then lizzy won't live with guilt everytime seeing richard, then darcy won't have doubt and off course they will eventually understand each other appriciated how they got there

off course darcy will blow off first, but he'll always calm down afterward so no one going to get kill from a duel, because there is no duel

well, unless you plan to resolve lizzy guilt by richard affair with jane and then both of them will pretends that nothing every happens, but you know the orient have this saying ' paper can not wrap fire' hence secret will never last forever. if secret will be reveals one day, why not before the wedding

ok, you said the wedding is soon, how about after the honeymoon? Colonel's mum can accidently drop it into conversation. she didn't mean too, it just came out and Darcy was not meant to be there.

I see that you are really hooked, Hangn
I can only tell you that nothing will remain unresolved, mind you! But you are very close to solve the situation, really. I guess it is obvious n by now...But there is still a good deal of water running under the bridge. The weeding is very soon to happen.
I must tell you that there was no such thing as honeymoon in R T, but touring after the wedding. Another custom, the wedding visit, was fashionable for those who did not travel...that is to say, people waited a bit before start visiting the newly weds.
These two are not going on a tour, however, but will be visited by the family.

Eli, I am current in my reading and like where everything is headed (D&L wedding) but I still have a ? that I cannot resolve, I have even re-read previous chapters....can you clear up for me, did Richard and Lizzy (when she ended up in his bed) consumate their relationship or not??? Maybe I missed something...

As much as I love Darcy, I don't believe he has a right to chastise Lizzy for being engaged to Richard. Darcy was married, and he had no claims on Lizzy other than loving her from afar. He told her himself that he was surprised she had never married after she told him that she was engaged but would break the engagment to be with him. He'll be upset because he'll feel that Richard & Lizzy both deceived him, but I think he'll come around when he realizes that Lizzy chose him over Richard, and that no matter what, he still loves her more than life itself! I can't believe he would even think of losing her this close to having her as his wife. There's still the question of Georgiana and who will she end up with as well as Jane & Bingleys passionless marriage. Will Richard continue to be honorable or will he and Jane take comfort in eachother and make poor Bingley a sap?

Dearest Theresea,
I shall not disclose what you have notbeen able to guess. But I will relieve your suffering soon enough in the wedding night. Is that to your liking?

I quite agree with you, Fran,as a general rule. However, Mr Darcy is a proud sort of man...resenful he called himself... once his good opinion is lost, is lost for ever... Remember?
Thanks for posting these...your comments are really thoughtful!

Eli...you're scaring me...here I'm confident of a lovely Darcy & Lizzy wedding & wedding night and you're insinuating that Darcy might end up being a proud & disagreeable horses **** (no offense to horses) and ruin it all?? Say it isn't so, please!

Ahhh....caught you!

Eli..you're an evil tease...I love it!!

Oh no! Please don't do it! Are you saying that Darcy is going to discover Lizzy and the colonel had sex on their wedding night? Is Darcy going to discover there is no maidenhead to pierce? ( I really thought hard of a way to put that delicately!) This is not to be borne! Please tell me that I am having wild flights of imagination!!!!!!! You were in my good graces when you presented me with my prize last week, but if any of this is remotely true you are teetering on the edge!

17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26